Urban dead (GRAAAH!!!)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

poleboy

Re: Urban dead (GRAAAH!!!)

Postby poleboy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:48 am UTC

Well, the Parslow building is a smoking pile of rubble. I just dumped a body in the street. Sorry if it was one of you guys :P

So, where are you then?

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am UTC

I used to play a good deal. But, alas, I've forgotten my old characters. So, I have a recently made scout in Gulsonside, which has be terrific so far.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm UTC

If anyone has the hankering to kill me, I pretty much hang in front of Hodgkinson Row Fire Station, as it's an entrypoint.. so I keep breaking it down, infecting everyone inside that I can, and getting dumped back out on the street.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Lt Greatsocks

Postby Lt Greatsocks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am UTC

Some of my friends and I are going to set up a safehouse in lamport hills. I already have a portable generator and stuff I just haven't picked a location.
Give me a heads up if anyone wants to join the group.
Fuck you, I'm the Crowing.

poleboy

Postby poleboy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm UTC

It's not looking too good. The zombies are slowly but surely taking over both the eastern and northern parts of the map. My resting places have been broken into a lot lately, in supposedly green areas. I am heading to Old Arkham (stuck somewhere in the eastern suburbs atm), since the lower part of the map seems to be the only remotely safe place right now. Also, it's Arkham. How can I resist?

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:09 pm UTC

Currently in Wray Heights.. ugh.
Somewhere between one and two days of searching a PD, 96% encumbrance and not one jacket. This is very, very bothersome.

EDIT:
Searching the building, you find a flak jacket.

You have run out of Action Points.

Lt Greatsocks

Postby Lt Greatsocks » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 am UTC

My and a buddy are taking back Jensentown. We're gonna tear that shit up. Any harmanz who wanna get this shit going are welcome to join us. We're in St. Humphrey's hospital. We're scott halcombe and zombamafoo.
Fuck you, I'm the Crowing.

fersrs

Postby fersrs » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 am UTC

Hoorah! I've finally passed that awkward not enough skills-to-get-skills stage! Now my fire axe is 4o%, and it's a lot easier to kick ass when you can hit a stationary target.

wst

Postby wst » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:31 pm UTC

Anyone still playing? I've gone dual nature, it's fun playing as a zombie :D And if I want a revive, I'll just go and get one, and play as a harman for a bit.
Not having to find a safehouse every time I log out is great :D It allows you to walk much more freely :D
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

Nah, I'm sticking to human for the time being... zombie is good for getting XP to level up skills, but then so's first aid on other people. And my current safehouse is one of the many, many hospitals dotted about.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:31 am UTC

I'm currently playing both a human, and a rotted zombie looking for a revive. This may be hard to get, but I acidentally got Brain Rot before going human and getting Body building or a flak jacket. Plus, I've got loads of XP to spend on human skills.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wst

Postby wst » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:37 pm UTC

Chris, at least with flesh rot you don't need to become alive ever :D
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm UTC

Wow, so I haven't played in forever, but I was standing next to a zombie (I was very much alive) in a ruined building. I decided to revive him, I'll be amused if he didn't want it. :twisted:

I wonder why I wasn't dead though, quite strange.

Yay for free running though. :mrgreen:

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:42 pm UTC

My rotted zombie got revived a few times, and I only got PK'd once! Which was in Fort Creedy about last week. And then today I managed to eat him. And then he tried to eat me... but he didn't! What a loser!

Also, they tried to delete the xkcd group page. If anyone wants to put xkcd as their group, that might help. Also, we probably want to find somewhere else to move to, malls are kinda bad 'cause they tend to get hit first. I'm in Stanbury Village, and dead, so I won't be much help.

Edit: I'm at Parslow now, its EHB but there's no power, and there's 3 other people in it (none of them are xkcd tho.) Is anyone actually active?
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

MoD

Postby MoD » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 am UTC

I'm thinking I'll get back into UD, so count me in for the xkcd group. I have a zed with all of the zombie skills called Pescado. I'll try to get to Parslow in the next couple of days. :)

Do passive human skills like accuracy bonuses persist when you're a zed?
Last edited by MoD on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Coin

Postby Coin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:45 am UTC

I'm in the area as well. I'm playing Joseph Dewberry the recently zombified fireman for some reason...
3fj wrote: "You, sir, have been added to my list of deities under 'God of Swedish meat'."

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

wst wrote:Chris, at least with flesh rot you don't need to become alive ever :D

Yup... That updated in between the time I posted this and the time I next logged on. :D

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 am UTC

Oooh, who's been watching Dead Set? (I have.) Weird, 'cause I was wondering if he was going to do a tie-in for it. I just Mrh?'d at the camera and got entered into the Prize Draw!

Also, there's a new city. I'm going to make a character - zombie, probably.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

wst

Postby wst » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:04 pm UTC

no-genius wrote:Oooh, who's been watching Dead Set? (I have.) Weird, 'cause I was wondering if he was going to do a tie-in for it. I just Mrh?'d at the camera and got entered into the Prize Draw!

Also, there's a new city. I'm going to make a character - zombie, probably.

I know it's in
Spoiler:
South Borehamwood
, I'm working my way down there.

My Dentist is in Radlett, right next to Borehamwood, so when I went there today I kept looking around cautiously to check for zombies.

Then we drove right. through. Borehamwood.

I wish I'd had a shotgun. There was hundreds of them.

Shoppers.

Awia

Postby Awia » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 pm UTC

I've decided to have another go at this, after my unsuccessful foray into it a while back.

After logging back in as my old character (Which I have no idea about, nothing at all) I have found that I am a zombie. To the revivals!
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

Ishindri

Postby Ishindri » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

I started playing again a while back, decided to do the zombie side of things. I've got every zombie skill besides Brain Rot and co, and I intend to keep it that way. I find it's much easier to earn XP as a zombie rather than a survivor, I was just going to accumulate loads and loads of XP then get revived and buy all my skills at once. I've been hanging out at Caiger Mall, banging on the barricades every now and then, but I'll make my way back towards Parslow.

Edit: Also, is it just me, or does Tangling Grasp... not work? It doesn't seem to actually grab hold of an enemy unless I have less than 10 AP, and most of the time not even then.
All is well. We are not like the others.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 am UTC

I started a few months ago, the forgot about it. I've just come back to it, and remembered that it was actually quite fun. I'm playing as a zombie and am currently in Peppardville. As I write this, I'm buying infectious bite, so look out all survivors in the area!

Ishindri: It works for me. Every time I attack someone if I'm not already holding them it automatically grabs. I wonder why yours doesn't?
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:03 pm UTC

Ishindri wrote:Edit: Also, is it just me, or does Tangling Grasp... not work? It doesn't seem to actually grab hold of an enemy unless I have less than 10 AP, and most of the time not even then.

Nor me. Some of the time it works, but most of the time it says it's grabbed, but then doesn't give the alternate text - so I assume it's not giving the bonus. It certainly used to work though.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

I'm still playing regularly, as Human - currently in West Grayside. I've got more than half of the human skills, and all scientific ones. My only zombie skills are increased hit percentage ones, so I could gain XP while still a zombie.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:00 am UTC

I'm a zombie in Central Boreham. Jesse Brains.

Awia

Postby Awia » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 pm UTC

So, what do I do if I'm infected? if I try and go anywhere I just die again.

Awia

Postby Awia » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Lerwill Heights, Ebsworth Row, there is a hospital quite near me, when I next get resurrected I'm going to make my way towards it.

Coin

Postby Coin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:51 pm UTC

I'm close to Randallbank if you fancy meeting up at the chosen xkcd-building again. There are plenty of zombies to bash in the area and there is a combined entrypoint/hospitalin a neighbouring system which is well defended.
I go by the name of Joseph Dewberry and am currently stocking up on fuel cans in a nearby junkyard.
3fj wrote: "You, sir, have been added to my list of deities under 'God of Swedish meat'."

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:48 pm UTC

Ishindri wrote:Edit: Also, is it just me, or does Tangling Grasp... not work? It doesn't seem to actually grab hold of an enemy unless I have less than 10 AP, and most of the time not even then.

I'm not sure if its not working when you don't get the messages, it should put an extra 10% onto your hit rate every time you hit with your claws. Or maybe that's not how it works at all.

And while its possibly easier to get experience as a zombie attacking survivors than the other way round, if you get NT experience and a DNA extractor you can get quite a lot of experience tagging zombies (you get 4 each time). I think I got over 150 XP over 2 days this week from tagging a horde that was attacking a mall. Funs!

Also most of Randallbank is ruined, so not a great idea right now. And I am dead. Actually, I'm inside Parslow right now outside a warehouse a few blocks west of Parslow at Staite Plaza (NW Randallbank), if anyone wants to revive me. Anyone...

(Also, anyone who is around Dulston/Pescodside, PM me if you want a revive. I needs a revive before I can give you a revive.)

Edit: For the record, I think, 'cause Randallbank is a bit shitty at the moment, if you're a low-level character you should run for it, but if you basically have all the survivor skills and can help repair buildings and give revives, you should stick around. I think I will, when (if?) I get revived.

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 pm UTC

Can anyone here revive a rotted zombie? I'm currently in West Grayside. If you're near a powered NT without barricades, or with low 'cades, then please tell me.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:24 am UTC

Also, someone revived me. I'm in a warehouse... somewhere. I'll try to repair some buildings tomorrow. Parslow isn't ruined, but I dunno what state its in.

Zapheod

Postby Zapheod » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

I wish this game had more levels and skills. I am capped now and even though I enjoy smashing barricades and eating the juciy humans inside I want to be a better zombie. Zombie wife and kids at home, need to prepare for private brain eating schools and a nice retirement in florida(so many slow moving humans).

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC

My zombie just arrived in Randallbank; I tagged myself with an xkcd group, so if you see me feel free to drop a revive.

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

I just signed up for Urban Dead. Im a police officer and very lost. Looked at the map but I have not found anything useful. Any tips?
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

Menagerie

Postby Menagerie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 am UTC

After a certain point I kind of got bored with Urban Dead. I picked up every skill possible, including the final zombie skill that makes it hard to get a rez. (I forget what it's called it's been so long).

GooglyBoogly

Postby GooglyBoogly » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 am UTC

Allenr wrote:I just signed up for Urban Dead. Im a police officer and very lost. Looked at the map but I have not found anything useful. Any tips?

The urban dead Wiki should have all the info you could possibly want and much, much more
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

no-genius

Postby no-genius » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 am UTC

Meteorswarm wrote:Gah, I keep getting killed, even when I find safehouses.

Try picking a building that has at least aroud 5 other survivors in it, or if it gets attacked there probably won't be anyone playing to re-barricade it.

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:33 pm UTC

GooglyBoogly wrote:
Allenr wrote:I just signed up for Urban Dead. Im a police officer and very lost. Looked at the map but I have not found anything useful. Any tips?

The urban dead Wiki should have all the info you could possibly want and much, much more

I checked out the wiki, but is it really that complex. I don't want to spend hours learning how to play the game.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:16 pm UTC

As a human, the first skills you want to get (if you ask me) are the Axe Proficiency, Free-Running, and Barricading. Maybe Free-Running first.

Axes are weapons that never need reloading, so they're probably going to be the main weapon you use. Free-Running lets you move between buildings inside them, so you can go in a ruined building and move two or three over to that one so heavily barricaded that you couldn't get in the front. Barricading just helps you do your part.

You want to scrounge up medical kits in hospitals, but you probably don't want to learn how to use them - the reason being that each use of a medkit is +5xp.. (I think it's 5, at least) regardless of how much you heal. So, using them improperly gives you more XP chances, basically.

The one skill that gives you +10 to your maximum hitpoints should probably be your fourth goal. After that, do whatever amuses you.

*Note: I'm not sure on the prerequisites of any of those skills, so you may need some extra stuff to get there.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:27 pm UTC

Mrh? Graaah!

I'm sick of dying within four hours of logging out. Must. Learn. Freerunning. It gets you into heavily barricaded/no-way-of-entering buildings, right?
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Return to “Gaming”