TACTICAL! BREACH! WIZARDS!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

TACTICAL! BREACH! WIZARDS!

Postby Xanthir » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:49 pm UTC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1043 ... h_Wizards/

This looks cool - modern day breaching/room clearing gameplay (small-scale turn-based tactical combat), from the people who made Gunpoint and Heat Signature, except ALL YOUR SWAT TEAM PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY WIZARDS AND YOU CAST SPELLS

I'm pretty sure I remember SecondTalon complaining they wanted a modern FPS, just with wizard spells instead of guns, once years ago. I guess your wish is fulfilled now?
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Mannequin

Re: TACTICAL! BREACH! WIZARDS!

Postby Mannequin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm UTC

This looks really neat. Going to have to keep an eye on this one. The dev sounds adorable!

But those system requirements for a game that looks this simple, sheesh.. hopefully those go down a fair bit before release.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: TACTICAL! BREACH! WIZARDS!

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm UTC

Xanthir wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember SecondTalon complaining they wanted a modern FPS, just with wizard spells instead of guns, once years ago. I guess your wish is fulfilled now?

Not exactly, no, though parts of it would play out like one.

That being said, I'm sure at some point I've rambled about there not being any effective difference between slinging spells and firing guns, and wondered at the lack of magic-based FPS games (and yes, I've played Lichedom:Battlemage. It's... okay)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “Gaming”