The Walking Dead : Telltale Games

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Vahir

The Walking Dead : Telltale Games

Postby Vahir » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:36 am UTC

Since I couldn't find a thread for this. If you haven't gotten into the Walking Dead yet, it's brilliant- it puts all your moral codes to the test.

What do you guys think of Season Two: Episode 4 "Amid The Ruins"? I found it to be extremely dark, even for this series. Before now there was always at least a hint of hope, but in this episode it feels like every decision you make just screws things up even more, and that there's no hope at all.

Mutex

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Mutex » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 pm UTC

You couldn't find a thread for it because this is the gaming forum. I think there is a Walking Dead game but it seems this isn't what you're talking about.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:34 pm UTC

No, it is, Vahir is apparently just.. awful with giving enough information for people to know what's being discussed without either knowing all about it in advance OR doing what I just did - a crapload of wikisurfing.

At any rate, should be more obvious now.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:27 am UTC

Mutex wrote:You couldn't find a thread for it because this is the gaming forum. I think there is a Walking Dead game but it seems this isn't what you're talking about.

They've got weird naming over at Telltale; one game is comprised of six episodes, released sequentially, all six together is one season.

I haven't played season 2 yet though

Mutex

Re: The Walking Dead : Telltale Games

Postby Mutex » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:40 am UTC

Yep looking at his post again I guess the clues were there :)

Vahir

Postby Vahir » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 am UTC

Sorry if I caused confusion. I'm not very good at creating threads, but I wanted to discuss this.

I take back what I said about season 2. The last episode... I actually shed tears when

Spoiler:
Kenny has to leave Clementine behind at Wellington. I've read a lot of hatred for Kenny recently, and I understand how other people might be bothered by his rash and aggressive behavior, but he is my favorite character in the entire series. He tries to protect those he cares about- His family, Clementine, (in my case) Lee... The ending redeems the season, in my eyes.

This is a game that hurts to play, that makes you dread every happy moment because you know it won't last, and then there's these kinds of scenes. Job well done, Telltale.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:33 am UTC

Viewed it less favorably.

Spoiler:
Felt worse about killing Episode One's dog than Kenny. Bonded with the dog more than most characters, admittedly. Learned its story. Played fetch with it. Finished a zombie together.

Wanted Kenny out since Season One, also. Waited for plot to eliminate him. Never happened. Bemoaned his reappearance in Season Two. Stole the spotlight. Ensured no Season Three.

Missed Season One's puzzles. Provided more opportunities to speak with others. Discussed more than the next plan or Carver Carver Carver. (May be selective memory, though.) Appreciated Episode Five's fireside chat, consequently.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

redraw

Postby redraw » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:17 pm UTC

I really enjoyed the first game, haven't plays the second installment yet, glad I didn't check the spoilers!

Return to “Gaming”