How can I get my graphics tablet to work in "mouse mode"?

"Please leave a message at the beep, we will get back to you when your support contract expires."

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

tias42

How can I get my graphics tablet to work in "mouse mode"?

Postby tias42 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:52 pm UTC

I recently bought a graphics tablet (Gaomon 8600 Pro+, but it seems to be a rebranded Huion H58L). I want to set it to "mouse mode", i.e. to use relative positioning for the cursor instead of absolute. There are no options in the driver software it came with, and I've been told that Huion does not support relative positioning for windows, however, apparently it does work with the standard Linux drivers for tablets. Is there some way to make this work? System specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel i5 2500k processor, radeon HD 6850 graphics card

eviloatmeal

Re: How can I get my graphics tablet to work in "mouse mode"

Postby eviloatmeal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 am UTC

Have you tried completely removing the drivers and just plugging in the tablet and letting Windows handle it? I remember using my Wacom without its drivers at one point, and it defaulted to mouse mode.

Never mind, it seems like you have already tried that.

You might try to disable the default tablet drivers entirely. Go into your services and disable the one called "Tablet PC Input Service".

Now, I don't think this should cause any odd behaviour, as I don't believe it's an essential feature in any way. But I'm not an expert, so take this with the usual disclaimer; I'm not interested in being held responsible for any potential wombat attacks or spontaneous fusion reactors that may result from playing around with your services. :)

Spoiler:
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Riddles are abound tonightImage

tias42

Re: How can I get my graphics tablet to work in "mouse mode"

Postby tias42 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 pm UTC

I gave it a shot but it still seems to be in pen mode. I also tried the actual Huion driver from their website, just in case the bundled one was out of date - interestingly, it was a different interface, and it actually worked worse than the previous one (didn't correctly map the screen area when I set it to the second monitor, though I don't actually need that functionality). It also has a checkbox labelled "Simulate mouse" which is ticked but the tablet is still in pen mode: http://puu.sh/aZq5D/7a77317e1b.png

Return to “The Help Desk”