Tattoos?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Wednesday

Re: Tattoos? (Recently merged: "Nerdy Tattoo Idea")

Postby Wednesday » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:23 am UTC

I'm getting the Eye of Horus on my right hip, and an ankh on my left. both about an inch tall in simple black.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:54 am UTC

Oh man, oh man. I know what one of my (at least) 3/4 sleeves is going to be. When I get these ides worked out and down on paper is when the urge to buy lottery tickets hits the hardest. I will wait and save and be awesome at a later time! Also: No. I'm not telling. But its awesome.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Aleri

Postby Aleri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 am UTC

I've been thinking about a tattoo for a long time, but my #1 concern is that I'm the wrong kind of person for a tat. I'm thinking of a large piece, either across my shoulderblades or down one leg, of a cherry blossom tree with a phoenix wrapped around the base. I've seen a lot of gorgeous tats on beautiful girls. What about the rest of us?

Total honesty: I'm around a 6-7 on the hotness scale, and I'm an athlete at a healthy weight so there isn't a lot of room for improvement. Bad genes for the most part (cottage cheese thighs at age 23 . . . cruel).

Have you ever gone to the pool and seen a woman about 40 years old, maybe 30-40 pounds overweight wearing a teeny tiny bikini and you just think . . . no. No. It's great to be comfortable with your body and all, but at the same time, there are ways to flatter your body and then there are ways to make you look silly.

So, total honesty. Big beautiful tat on a meh body - go or no go?

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

Aleri wrote:I've been thinking about a tattoo for a long time, but my #1 concern is that I'm the wrong kind of person for a tat. I'm thinking of a large piece, either across my shoulderblades or down one leg, of a cherry blossom tree with a phoenix wrapped around the base. I've seen a lot of gorgeous tats on beautiful girls. What about the rest of us?

Total honesty: I'm around a 6-7 on the hotness scale, and I'm an athlete at a healthy weight so there isn't a lot of room for improvement. Bad genes for the most part (cottage cheese thighs at age 23 . . . cruel).

Have you ever gone to the pool and seen a woman about 40 years old, maybe 30-40 pounds overweight wearing a teeny tiny bikini and you just think . . . no. No. It's great to be comfortable with your body and all, but at the same time, there are ways to flatter your body and then there are ways to make you look silly.

So, total honesty. Big beautiful tat on a meh body - go or no go?

first....tattoos are for teh wearer....not the viewer (IMO)....if you wanta tattoo because you like it...and because you like the way it looks on you....who gives a shit whatanyone else thinks?
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:53 pm UTC

i say go for the tat if you want it
if you want to talk attractive
no matter what it will off-put some and draw in others
go for it
ImageImageImageImageImage

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:56 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Version 2.0 is here. I made the outside petals a bit too big and the inner ones could stand a size increase, but I couldn't fix that without completely redrawing it. All that's left to do is make up a final draft and wait until my birthday to see if I still want it. I can't imagine changing my mind, but who knows.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

kfish

Postby kfish » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 pm UTC

Aleri wrote:So, total honesty. Big beautiful tat on a meh body - go or no go?

As suffer-cait and DSenette have already said, the most important thing is whether or not you think it looks good. If you're interested in a complete stranger's opinion on the question originally posed, though, I've never seen a tattoo that decreased the attractiveness of a woman. It's pretty much always a net gain on the tattoo-less form for me. It's not at all similar to a woman wearing a bikini that's too small, or the "mutton dressed as lamb" phenomenon, if you were thinking of that as a kind of parallel situation. Ultimately, I guess opinions will vary on personal taste, more to do with how people feel about tattoos in general than on your specific case, I reckon.

That's a really nice design, Avelion. I actually especially like it with the white stroke DSennette's used around the shapes where it has the transparent background. I think designs like this pop a little more with a white outline. Depends on your skin colour, of course.

bombast wrote:Hangul, not Korean. And it does indeed look like Hangul

Huh. I never knew the correct term for the Korean alphabet before. Cool, thanks! :)

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:49 pm UTC

Avelion wrote:
Spoiler:

Version 2.0 is here. I made the outside petals a bit too big and the inner ones could stand a size increase, but I couldn't fix that without completely redrawing it. All that's left to do is make up a final draft and wait until my birthday to see if I still want it. I can't imagine changing my mind, but who knows.

to be perfecly honest ....my opinion (if you even care to have it) is that the first itteration was a little better as far as the petal design....it's a unique version of a relatively common (in the right circles) design... also the previous version was a little moredetailedi guess...there's a lot of "color fill" in the 2.0...which is nice when you want a big blocky tat that's striking....the other seems a little more delicate to me (i.e. lady like) but that's just my opinion

i'm going out of town on monday for business....so i'll be bored in a hotel all night....if you like i can play with illustrator on both designs so you can havea clean drawing for your artist ...also...since it's in illustrator it's all vector art...so it can be resized indeffinitely without loss...so if you have illustrator or anything that can open ai files...you can play with sizes all you want

though, I've never seen a tattoo that decreased the attractiveness of a woman. It's pretty much always a net gain on the tattoo-less form for me.
i dissagree....a shitty tattoo on anyone makes them look worse....if scarlett johanson had a crappy tattoo somewhere...she'd look bad...

the rest is right though
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm UTC

Don't let the avatar fool you. I am definitely not a lady. I really need to redraw it from scratch now that I have an idea of the final design. At first I just had a picture of a wheel and added on from there. I am going to reintroduce the seems in the main 8 spokes and do a lot of proportion adjustment. I'll probably do it tonight at work.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

sparks

Postby sparks » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:11 am UTC

Oh me yarm I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm a sort of tattoo dork and obsess over them, even though I haven't gotten one yet. I plan on getting several, eventually, mostly to mark several stages of my life. The ones I've planned so far include a Delacroix backpiece, a Man Ray reference, a "Orlando" (as in, the Virginia Woolf novel) piece and the one which I want to be my first tattoo and which I will probably get at some point this Summer, a skylark. I designed it myself last year, and even though I was getting my friend Elle to re-do it for me with better drawing skills, but I really want to get it as it is now.

This is one of the most awesome tattoos ever, I would get it if I had the guts and longer hair for job purposes. Maybe one day.
(icon by clockwork-harlequin.net)
"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 pm UTC

Don't let the avatar fool you. I am definitely not a lady.
my bad....i usually try to treat the internet as gender neutral unless otherwise specified....must've got caught up in the design

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 pm UTC

sparks wrote:This is one of the most awesome tattoos ever, I would get it if I had the guts and longer hair for job purposes. Maybe one day.

Eh, it's been done.

Homo Electromagneticus

Postby Homo Electromagneticus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 am UTC

horisustar wrote:I'm getting the Eye of Horus on my right hip, and an ankh on my left. both about an inch tall in simple black.

A mirror in the loop of the Ankh?

An ostrich feather over your heart?

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 pm UTC

Homo Electromagneticus wrote:
horisustar wrote:I'm getting the Eye of Horus on my right hip, and an ankh on my left. both about an inch tall in simple black.

Ostrich feather...? Mirror?

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:04 pm UTC

horisustar wrote:
Homo Electromagneticus wrote:

Ostrich feather...? Mirror?

From five minutes with google, so hopefully it's right (always fun to learn something new!):

Ostrich feather of Ma'at, weighed against your heart when you die: http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/maat.html (blocked by my office's web filter so all I can see is the little excerpt that Google shows, which seems relevant.)

Mirror in the loop of the Ankh: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ankh.htm (see spoiler for quote)
Spoiler:
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ankh.htm says wrote:It is at least interesting that the ankh word was used for mirrors from at least the Middle Kingdom onward, and that indeed, many mirrors were shaped in the form of an ankh sign. Life and death mirror each other, and in any number of ancient religions, mirrors were used for purposes of divination.

Also apparently Tutankhamen often used a large hand held Ankh with a mirror positioned in the loop. Or at least so says the little google excerpt.
milk from space is good for you!

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 pm UTC

Not entirely sure on the veracity of the mirror bit, but yes, the feather is correct. The hieroglyph for it looked a little something like this:

And it was usually featured in this scene:

I've considered the feather tattoo, as well as tattoos for the various parts of the egyptian soul (ba, ka, khaibit, sahu, khat, etcetera) off-and-on for a while. They would be very simple and cheap tattoos, but I'm continuously changing my mind about placement, so it'll be a while.

Also, the ankh and eye would be pretty badass. Definitely go with that.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

sparks

Postby sparks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm UTC

Jacque wrote:
sparks wrote:This is one of the most awesome tattoos ever, I would get it if I had the guts and longer hair for job purposes. Maybe one day.

Eh, it's been done.

I didn't say it hadn't been done, in fact in the picture it does seem like I tattoo and I assumed it was since I didn't see a statement anywhere saying otherwise. :wink:

Also, to elaborate on my previous post and because I've read a lot of posts about people being afraid of how permanent tattoos are:

Personally, I think that if a tattoo means a lot to you now, that you should do it. As long as it's not an entire skull facepiece or something, chances are, when you are 80, you will lift the wrinkle covering it with your finger, and look at it and recall that particular time in your life and how much you liked your cat/Zelda/what in our times was called Linux. I have almost done (and the reason why I just didn't walk into a tattoo parlour were money/scheduling related reasons) several tattoos and there is only one I am glad I didn't get. Otherwise, I don't most of them. The one I want to get first, however, is in a relatively worksafe area and I have the money (or almost), and I have also wanted it for over a year now, so I will be getting it soon, hopefully.
(icon by clockwork-harlequin.net)
"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

Homo Electromagneticus

Postby Homo Electromagneticus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 am UTC

horisustar wrote:Ostrich feather...?

This will help, though it's hardly a be-all end-all on this rich symbol:

Robert Lawlor wrote:Consider, for example the feather, Maat's chief symbolic attribute.

It has long been recognized that bird navigation is accomplished both by the bird's photo-sensitivity and its sensitivity to magnetic fields... Bird feathers seem to function as electromagnetic transducers, changing the dielectric pulsation recieved from the atmosphere into piezoelectric signals, which can be carried by the bird's nervous system. Thus bird feathers appear to be not only selective receptors and filters of electromagnetic information contained in the enviroment, but also energy transducers and lines of transmission.

If you can imagine the universe as delicate electromagnetic harmony, the idea behind thinking of yourself as an element in this harmony comes quickly. The feather is like a means of interaction with this music, allowing the bird to glimpse the complex dance of electricity and magnetism so pervasive in our universe.

What you imply by putting such a symbol over your heart is clearly something you should think about for yourself, but hopefully I've provided another way of looking at this symbol.

The Ankh / Mirror is something I'll have to discuss when I've more time.
Last edited by Homo Electromagneticus on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Just as the sword can not cut itself,
nor the finger touch its own tip;
mind can not see itself.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:27 am UTC

I knew what the feather represented, just didn't know it was technically supposed to be an ostrich. I'm going to research both for more ideas. Interesting.

Homo Electromagneticus

Postby Homo Electromagneticus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:17 pm UTC

We already know the Ankh to be a symbol of life, so perhaps a look into what we define as "life" would be appropriate.

Again, if I may quote Robert Lawlor,

Robert Lawlor wrote:In terms of Cognitive Psychology, if we tend to believe what we see, we also tend to a great degree see only what we have been taught to believe; and that all perception is a process which provides information about the perciever as well as the thing being percieved.

Any interaction with the field of vibratory stimuli we refer to as "the universe" is an exhange with your means to percieve them (the stimuli) and the schema internal to you, defining your response to this stimuli, which may or may not modify the field in question. This characterizes perception as a cyclic process and reveals the inseperablity of perciever and percived.

Note: Replace the word "samples" with "samples and modifies"

From this point of view, it's not difficult to imagine your life to be a reflection of yourself in the field of vibratory stimuli you're situated in.

The word for "mirror" was also "Ankh."
Just as the sword can not cut itself,
nor the finger touch its own tip;
mind can not see itself.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:26 pm UTC

Here is my brother's new tattoo :) He is a complete comic geek (like me, but times a million (I wish I had access to the amount of comics in his house.)
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Zeroignite
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Zeroignite » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

That looks really, really nice.
She/her/hers
Avatar sketched by Hazel / drawn by Amii

WholeLottaSean

Postby WholeLottaSean » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm UTC

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of the words in my sig (let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure), but I need some advice.
Is it a good idea to get a tattoo of such length?
Is there anyone with great calligraphic skills who would be able to draw a draft for me?
I'd like it kind of so it goes:
let us step out
into the night
and pursue that
flighty temptress,
adventure...

dreamland
Location: That tiny little part of your brain you think no-one else ever sees.

Postby dreamland » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:14 pm UTC

OK, so I'm toying with a tattoo idea which I'm having some trouble with...

I wanna get the Greek phrase 'Molon labe' on my wrist - quick history, it roughly translates to 'Come and get them', 'Come and get it', or 'Bring it on'. It was allegedly Leonidas' reply to the Persians when they ordered the Spartans to lay down their weapons. I ADORE classical history (I'm studying it at the moment, and plan to study it further in the future), particularly Spartan society and the Persian wars, and the Battle of Thermopylae was pretty friggin' epic. I know, I know, the minute anyone asks me to explain what it means, I'll get a bunch of '300' references in return - but, hell, I loved that movie, and this tattoos means the world to me.

Thing is, when I started researching it as a tattoo possibility, I found a bunch of people who'd had this kind of thing:

Spoiler:

which is, as far as I can tell, a modern Greek spelling, and most often associated with various pro-gun movements. Seeing as I'm not explicitly pro-gun myself, I don't really want anyone to interpret it that way - although I'm not too worried, as I'd never actually heard of the phrase being associated with any pro-gun (am I using the right term here?) groups before. Can anyone in the US tell me if they've heard of this connection before? Am I being overly paranoid about it?

My solution (which I'm pretty happy with) is to get the original ancient Greek instead of the modern Greek equivalent - like this:

Spoiler:

which I actually prefer, as it's the actual text engraved beneath a monument of Leonidas in Sparta. I want to get the 'MOLON' above the 'LABE' on my wrist, in black ink, and I wanted people's opinions about if/how I should alter how it looks in the picture. I'll get it thickened, and move the characters closer together, but I'm not sure if I should straighten out some of the characters? It might end up looking a bit crooked once it's on my wrist, which might bother me. Opinions?

EDIT: I also wanted to know if anyone has any bird tattoos? I want a bird on my left shoulderblade at some point in the future, but am having a LOT of trouble finding a good design, or even anything close to what I want. I wanted something all-black, fairly detailed, in a flying pose. Any help would be mucho appreciated :D
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

I've never heard that Greek expression used with respect to gun rights in the U.S. but I HAVE heard the translated version ("Come and get them" etc) used that way. Chances are slim that you'd meet someone who not only could translate the Greek but could also recognize it's used in the pro-gun movement right now*. But the ancient Greek is way cooler anyway, so I say stick with that, especially since you mentioned you enjoy talking about the history - the extra symbolism is neat.

As far as straightening out the letters: my vote is no. The reason is, people aren't going to look and say, "Oh my, a crooked tattoo!" They're going to say, "Oh my, a tattoo in some strange language, it looks cool", and then they'll ask you about it. And THEN you can say, "It's a tattoo that replicates a monument to Leonidas in Sparta" which is AWESOME. Straightening out the letters would lose some of the awesome, and wouldn't make a huge difference since most people aren't going to realize that the ancient Greek letters are crooked anyway.

*I can't see your first spoiler'd picture (stupid work filter). Is it a picture of people with the tattoo in Greek, or English?

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:33 pm UTC

I've been considering getting one of these three things:
A Radioactive Hazard Icon (I was born the same hour that Chernobyl went BANG)
Ork Glyph, probably "Grim" "Boss" or "WAAAGH"
Or something in Runes. Probably a stylised dragon with runes in it.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 pm UTC

I agree with spacemilk
dreamland wrote:EDIT: I also wanted to know if anyone has any bird tattoos? I want a bird on my left shoulderblade at some point in the future, but am having a LOT of trouble finding a good design, or even anything close to what I want. I wanted something all-black, fairly detailed, in a flying pose. Any help would be mucho appreciated :D

I have a phoenix in flight (there's a pic buried somewhere in this thread). I drew it myself because I didn't want to copy a design... have you looked at bmezine.com they have a huge archive of tatoos, you might see something like what you want...

Simbera

Postby Simbera » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:51 pm UTC

AFAIK the translation is more commonly associated with the pro-gun movement than the original Greek, but my information probably comes from the same source as yours (Wikipedia)

I personally would choose ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ in such a font, striking the balance between obscurity and legibility (the letters that look like English ones are the same as their English counterparts, and most people know the Greek alphabet fairly well in this form, so people shouldn't have too much trouble recognising what it's supposed to be). The more crooked, presumably classical, font is maybe more authentic (and having it directly transcribed from the monument at Thermopylae lends cred to it) but IMO doesn't look as good as the more modern Greek version. It's ultimately up to you thought, and either one is infinitely cooler than the Anglicised MOLON LABE.

<^>
“From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.” – Edvard Munch

Mactabilis

Postby Mactabilis » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:18 pm UTC

as far as sublime/marley lyrics go, I want "The stone that the builder refused, shall be the end corner stone" but somehow i dont think words make a great tattoo.

So i would probably just get the album cover from 40 oz to freedom. possibly encircled with "My burning sun will someday rise" in between my shoulder blades

Khepera

Postby Khepera » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:32 am UTC

I have a few Tattoos that I've wanted to get and once I get back from Afghanistan I'll finally have the money to go through with it.

The first is the Party slogan from 1984 (War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength) on my calf. I want it to look like it was etched in granite like a memorial.

The second is an Angel behind my left arm, and Lucifer on my Right (yes I know this is backwards). Though Im not religous, I was brought up by a religous family and I have always been obsessed with duality.

-Mike

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:23 am UTC

re: molon labe

For what it's worth, I've heard molon labe used in regard to gun-rights a lot, but I might be more involved in that community than others. A google search for "molon labe" turns up about equal portions greek stuff and gun-rights stuff, a search for "molon lave" turns up more greek stuff. Also, Life Liberty Etc sells these and these. If you don't have a strong opinion either way on the matter then I would say get it and make it mean whatever you want. If anything, I think pro-gun people might recognize it and go "oh" when you tell them it's not about gun-rights, and anti-gun people probably wouldn't recognize it as often, so if you're worried about staying copacetic with that crowd I think you'll be ok.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

Mactabilis wrote:as far as sublime/marley lyrics go, I want "The stone that the builder refused, shall be the end corner stone" but somehow i dont think words make a great tattoo.

I hope I don't sound like I'm nitpicking but those were Bible verses a long time before they were song lyrics. I think they'd make a great tattoo but you might want to keep that in mind - it's sort of like the molon labe discussion.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm UTC

Khepera wrote:The second is an Angel behind my left arm, and Lucifer on my Right (yes I know this is backwards). Though Im not religous, I was brought up by a religous family and I have always been obsessed with duality.

Hmm. How would you want Lucifer depicted?

Personally, I'm incredibly fond of this depiction over the horns and pitchfork version:

Spoiler:
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Mactabilis

Postby Mactabilis » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:58 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:
Mactabilis wrote:as far as sublime/marley lyrics go, I want "The stone that the builder refused, shall be the end corner stone" but somehow i dont think words make a great tattoo.

I hope I don't sound like I'm nitpicking but those were Bible verses a long time before they were song lyrics. I think they'd make a great tattoo but you might want to keep that in mind - it's sort of like the molon labe discussion.

I actually did not know that was bible verse, but its irrelevant, that's one of the few concepts I like about the bible, sort of the tortoise vs the hare type moral.

is "my burning sun will someday rise" also biblical?

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:09 pm UTC

Mactabilis wrote:
Spacemilk wrote:

I actually did not know that was bible verse, but its irrelevant, that's one of the few concepts I like about the bible, sort of the tortoise vs the hare type moral.

is "my burning sun will someday rise" also biblical?

Um, it doesn't ring a bell... =/ I'm not exactly a bible scholar either, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask for obscure references.

Bing vs. google (my new favorite search engine) says this.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:56 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Khepera wrote:The second is an Angel behind my left arm, and Lucifer on my Right (yes I know this is backwards). Though Im not religous, I was brought up by a religous family and I have always been obsessed with duality.

Hmm. How would you want Lucifer depicted?

Personally, I'm incredibly fond of this depiction over the horns and pitchfork version:

Spoiler:
So totally agreed. <3 Lucifer.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

MoonBuggy

Postby MoonBuggy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 pm UTC

I was half expecting a picture of Ray Wise in the spoiler, but add another vote from me for that depiction.
Michael McClary, in alt.fusion, wrote:Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm UTC

EDIT: I also wanted to know if anyone has any bird tattoos? I want a bird on my left shoulderblade at some point in the future, but am having a LOT of trouble finding a good design, or even anything close to what I want. I wanted something all-black, fairly detailed, in a flying pose. Any help would be mucho appreciated
i've got an EXTREMELY large scale bird related tattoo in the works (not started just working out logistics...i've got too many projects now to even start on that one)...basically it will be a skeleton geisha on my back trimming a bonsai....and the leaves falling off the tree will turn into birds that will flow (fly?) up across my back and down one arm (maybe both...who knows)...planning on getting the birds done all red with no outline to make them look a bit more....nifty...but we'll see

to the point...the birds i'm planning on using come from a mixture of a free vector pack and a free photoshop brush set...i'll try to put them all on one image file and post it

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:44 pm UTC

got started on the octo-samurai...just the outline so far ...still a ways to go...it's on the outside of my right thigh

(spoilered because it's got a little bit of my nakedness in it....no manly bits...but...just to be safe)
Spoiler:
IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0016.jpg (569.36 KiB) Viewed 118289 times

IMAG0017.jpg
IMAG0017.jpg (511 KiB) Viewed 118217 times

TheGuyWithTheHat

Postby TheGuyWithTheHat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:39 pm UTC

If I ever get a tattoo (which is not really something I'm planning on, but hey) it will be a Apple logo or a Palm Pre :P

EDIT: or, a xkcd comic!
If English teachers teach English and Maths teachers teach Maths, then Head Teachers must teach...
Live in the UK? You must click here!

velocipirate wrote:but the question is, which cheese would a velociraptor choose?

Return to “General”