Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

xooll

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby xooll » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

I had the awesomest dream ever last night.
I was outside. I looked up, and there were two fleets of zeppelins charging towards each other. They clashed and engaged in melee combat, one zeppelin crashing into the next, zeppelins grabbing hold of each other and attempting to tear holes in the gas balloons. Then I was in one of the zeppelins, and I don't really remember what happened after that.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

shinybaby
In-Tents
Location: formerly Toronto, now London (Ontario)... anyone here??

Postby shinybaby » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:38 am UTC

i dreamed last night that i was outside on a summer's night, looking up at the stars, when they suddenly started falling all around me. the light was rushing at me and whenever a star brushed too close to me, it felt like the sparks from a sparkler.
it felt so real... i could even hear the rushing sound, like the crashing of waves.
Gordon wrote:1) Meet Gordon
2) Deploy Gordon
3) ...
4) Profit!!!

Kikral

Postby Kikral » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:58 am UTC

Something weird happened to me last night. So the first part wasn't a dream, but it was damn strange.

So I was going to be after a harrowing session of homework and guitar playing, and had just begun to nod off when this crack resonated through my whole body. Meaning I felt it originated in my collar bone, and felt a quick tremor go to every extremity I had. This was accompanied by me snapping wide awake, only to fall asleep sometime later.

In the dream, I was in some place I could not remember, and I believe I was at some sort of monstrously huge concert with a bunch of my friends. The idea behind it was to get people who liked different genres together and listen to other kinds of music. I was listening to a band play some kind of sappy vocal pop when I was pulled away by a few of my friends, who wanted to check out the town. So we all walked to a convenience store, and I pulled something off the shelf. I then saw my love interest walking towards me in the most freaking goth outfit I had ever seen, and all I could think of was saying "You look kind of cute with black lipstick".

Then we walked around a bit more, went back to the concert, and I ended up having a Happy Hardcore battle against DJ Cotts. I don't know how electronica artists battle, but it was freaking epic.

EDIT: I would like to mention that I lost because my alarm clock went off just as i was about to pull a combo on his ass, and I woke up with slightly damaged hearing.
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

PhatPhungus

Postby PhatPhungus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:17 am UTC

This dream is actually not from last night, but it was a good dream:

I was in a van with one of my friends, who was driving (this friend doesn't have a liscense). In the back of this vans were bags full of flavors (not things that had flavor, but actual flavor). We were driving around to get to some party where there were going to be womenfolk, but we got sidetracked doing something. Then we went to this park where we met two guys, and one of them had a bag of flavors. I said "dude, give me my Orange Crush!" (Orange Crush was a flavor).
He said "No, I want my Orange Crush."
I said "C'mon, man"
He said "No! I want my Orange Crush!" As he said this, giant cheetos puffs the size of baseballs started coming out of his pants, his shirt, and the folds in his clothing.
I said "We'll give you Sprite!" (I was referring to the flavor sprite, not the actual drink)
He said "No, I've got my Sprite, I want my Orange Crush!"

Something might have happened afterwards, but I don't remember. The last line is a corruption of the lyrics to the REM song Orange Crush that my friends and I came up with because Orange Crush sounds like the name of an orange soda.

Miles Invictus

Postby Miles Invictus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 am UTC

Kikral wrote:In the dream, I was in some place I could not remember, and I believe I was at some sort of monstrously huge concert with a bunch of my friends. The idea behind it was to get people who liked different genres together and listen to other kinds of music.

Do people actually do that? Because that's a good idea.

Kikral wrote:I don't know how electronica artists battle, but it was freaking epic.

Giant theremins, arranged octagonally. Kung-fu makes music.

PhatPhungus wrote:The last line is a corruption of the lyrics to the REM song Orange Crush that my friends and I came up with because Orange Crush sounds like the name of an orange soda.

Kikral

Postby Kikral » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:10 am UTC

Miles Invictus wrote:
Kikral wrote:In the dream, I was in some place I could not remember, and I believe I was at some sort of monstrously huge concert with a bunch of my friends. The idea behind it was to get people who liked different genres together and listen to other kinds of music.

Do people actually do that? Because that's a good idea.

*snip*

I really don't know. We must organize something like this. Except without the bad vocal pop!
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

Kabann

Postby Kabann » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:57 am UTC

I dreamed about cats. I was feeding a couple of cats I don't really know (as opposed to those cats who are my friends, right?) and I was thinking, in the dream, 'Where's Rajah? This one looks like Rajah, kind of, but where is the real Rajah?'

Rajah was my friend Catherine, who died a few months ago. Of course as I was waking up I remembered this, and it made me go awwww.
My goal in life is to have money, power, fame, wisdom, and love.
So far, I've got a sense of humor.
It's a good start.

Zak

Postby Zak » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 am UTC

Aww, losing a pet sucks, been there.
*waggles eyebrows*

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:02 am UTC

I dreamt i could play the Saxophone, it was awesome, i played alittle as a kid, Now i'm looking for a used sax to buy.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Kabann

Postby Kabann » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 am UTC

I love those kinds of dreams... I had one once where I was walking along, strumming quite an interesting tune on a guitar. Too bad I couldn't remember the tune after I woke up, or that I can't play the guitar at all.
My goal in life is to have money, power, fame, wisdom, and love.
So far, I've got a sense of humor.
It's a good start.

angel_jean

Postby angel_jean » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:24 am UTC

I had a very interesting set of dreams the night before last.

I'd been gardening using a type of white claylike fertiliser, but it was very precious. There was an old couple with me, of some kind of European heritage, who were telling me how precious it was, and that I shouldn't waste it; the man had made a frog sculpture hanging on a washing line using the claylike stuff, and he gave it to me (I like frogs and frog shapes). Of course a short time later it fell on the floor, as the clay was very very soft like play-dough, and I had to collect it up and save it.

Then the old couple were driving me home. I had a precious book of theirs, and I was sorting the pages, as many of them had fallen out. Along the way I realised that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. (This is illegal in Australia; but somehow I think we were in the UK.) I put it on quickly, but next thing I knew, I'd been spied by a policeman who somehow knew, by the position of my hands, that I had been without a seat belt, so he was going to give the old couple a ticket. They somehow got out of it by claiming I was their daughter and that I was a foreigner. Very weird.

And then, as sometimes happens in dreams, there was an action replay. This time I was arrested and taken to a holding centre. I was trying to get someone to keep the book for me, as I knew it belonged to the old couple and was very precious.

In the next dream my husband and I were wandering around Paris (at least I knew it was Paris, but it was nowhere I've ever been). We were on our way to a particular natural attraction that was near a sandstone cliff-face, and we knew that once we got there we'd have to turn back. We were driving a carriage with two horses, but the horses were on long strings rather than in harness; sometimes they'd go in different directions, and one of them got stuck somewhere because they didn't know how to go backwards. Then we got to a low gate; the horses couldn't go under part of the gate, so they stopped, sat down and wouldn't budge until we fed them fruit. My husband opened the gate, but of course they wouldn't move; he had to go buy some fruit.

While I was waiting for him to come back, I saw a group of people in the park on the other side of the gate. Some of them were my best friends from highschool - one of whom is currently living in France, although we're no longer in touch. And on the other side of the group was my ex-boyfriend. I was hoping my friends wouldn't alert him to the fact that I was there. But he spied me, and wanted to speak with me; I ran away. He ran after me, and yelled 'Will you forgive me?' (This is unusual, as in previous dreams he's threatened me, threatened to shoot himself etc., not that he's ever done anything like that irl. And I haven't seen him in eight years.) I said that I forgave him, and tried to get away from him before my husband came back with the fruit. I think he did see my husband, though.

All very Jungian.
the angel Jean - Smith's little elf
http://theangeljean.blogspot.com

For those who like to MUD: http://www.deadofnight.org

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

Last night, I dreamed my lightbulb fell off its hook and hit me in the head at 3:30 in the morning.

Oh, wait...
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

Matt_B

Postby Matt_B » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:37 am UTC

OK, this is what I just woke up from:
I was on a bus in Eastern Europe (where I have never been before). I was talking to a few friends together with whom I had just pulled off a heist. Becuse I scratched my nose (which must look suspicious) the border patrol told me, Sawyer from Lost and a girl I don't quite remember to leave the bus which drove on. As we stood around on the sun-drenched concrete border-patrol carpark I lit a cigarrette (I don't smoke) and tried to blow the smoke at right angles to the wind so that it would hit and annoy our guard some three meters away (Of course he couldn't tell me to stop because I wasn't blowing the smoke directly at him). To pass the time Sawyer and I started an impromptu musicless Michael Flatleyesque Irish dance contest.
In the meantime on the other side of the world Lisa Simpson, who seemed to be a winged cheese ballerina (Yes, cheese ballerina. She talked about cheese all the time, I think she had some with her. And she had wings.) was attacked by a flying cartoon demon (This part of the dream was obviously a cartoon) sent by the same guys who had alerted the border patrol. As Lisa crashed through the floor of an abandoned opera house locked in a deadlock with the demon whom she fought with her cheese powers I woke up to find out I had seriously overslept.
Et in Arcadia ego

chaochaos

This dream I had last night... (RAPTORS)

Postby chaochaos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

I'd like to start by complimenting the creator, this is the most brilliant comic I've ever stumbled across in my years of reading and making webcomics, I could read it over and over and never tire of it. That said, I just discovered it yesterday when my friend at Cornell gave me the link, I had seen the quote about going comatose, hallucinating and suffering amnesia in another friends away message every time he goes to bed, so I was excited to see what this XKCD was all about. To say the very least I was supremely entertained, and proceeded to read from 'cover to cover' in one sitting...well punctuated with food and bathroom breaks but you get the idea.

Something in particular that resonated within me was Randall's obsessions with Velociraptors, a passion I too share since my life was forever changed by Jurassic Park. Last night as I slept though, I had a disturbing dream: Raptors had infiltrated my row of apartments and were tearing my neighbors to shreds as they screamed, still alive when they began to be eaten. I knew the raptors were at my front door now. I thought of the equation of raptors taking half as much time to open a door as the one before, and there was only the front door and my bedroom door to protect me. I knew my time was running out. I climbed out of my window onto the awning above my front door, trying to get to the roof, from there I didn't have a plan but I still had to try to escape, no sense in standing and fighting a 5 foot tall super intelligent shredding machine. I heard the door downstairs bash open and a justified call to the pack from behind the protection of my thin bedroom door as I stepped out of the window. There were already raptors on the awnings of my neighbors homes, poised and ready to pounce, I had barely scrambled up over the ledge onto the roof above mine when they came crashing through bedroom door into my room. I know I got up onto the roof, but I had no where to go and I was quarry to the whole pack now, I was cornered when 2 of them followed me up to the roof. Escape was futile, there has never been engineered a more efficient killing machine and I was about to become another blood soaked statistic.

I awoke when they lunged at me, almost screaming in terror, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily; my heart was still trying to escape and I had to use all my will to keep it in my chest.

So now I'm intrigued, how the hell do I prepare for this inevitable situation? What kind of locks work best against raptors, what caliber firearm will I need to take one down efficiently, and what are the best methods of escape from an enclosing pack of raptors?

xooll

Postby xooll » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm UTC

There was a feathery, two-legged dinosaur running around outside, standing perhaps a meter tall. I, for some reason, identified it as an Oenoraptor.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 am UTC

So I recently woke up from a pretty strange dream. My dreams are usually broken up into related episodes. This is what I remember, spoilerized because some episodes are long and detailed. I figured some of you might enjoy it - there are lots of scifi references/ideas. :) The last episode is a bit violent... but it had a cool moment where I became omnipotent. I'm wondering if anyone else has had that experience?

I am two different characters in the dream. One is myself in real life, wearing brown corduroys and a teal tank-top. The other is a 12-year-old boy, average height and build for the age, with shaggy but short brown hair.
First episode:
Spoiler:
At first, I am me. I live in a combination house of my parent's house (a two-story structure with four rooms connected by hallways on each floor and a pool and a large field in the back) and my grandparent's house, which has a flat roof you can walk on. There is a large porch on the front. The house is devoid of standard furniture except for a brown couch in each of the first two rooms you can access when walking through the front door and my bookshelf in the room on the left. It is decrepit, I live alone, civilization has been deteriorating for quite some time now.
An ex-boyfriend of mine who I haven't spoken to in a year arrives unexpectedly at my door. He is waiting for his current girlfriend to meet him on this street and wondered if I was still living here. There are tons of unit blocks in the front room on the right; I have been buildling marvelous knee-high structures and we build on them together. His girlfriend is at the door; I move to another room and never see her. He gives me a fantasy book before she enters the house; I bring it to my bookshelf. I sit on the couch – my bed – in the room and stare at it, sitting next to my other books.

Second episode:
Spoiler:
My friend visits with his fiance and one of his friends from New Hampshire. I meet them on the roof of my house, which they climb on from a neighboring building. (By this time, my ex and his girlfriend are gone, or perhaps they were never here to begin with.) I show them around the house. We walk into the back where the pool is. From the hill of rocks, I survey it wistfully, and talk about how my brothers and I used to spend summers swimming in it. Now the sides are sinking in and the dull brown water rises a little over the knees in the sunken center. Broken beer bottles are littered inside; I have no idea where they came from. They are not from me.

Third episode:
Spoiler:
I am the boy now. There's no actual plotline to this episode, just images and stringed events. I have done something, and a robot is thrumming its way systematically through the house. The back wall opens to reveal the conquest of Earth by Mars: A giant silver and gold pyramidal structure lands, two entrances slide open vertically and out flows millions upon millions of robots that look like versions of Maximillian from the movie The Black Hole. They are gold or maybe silver, but they shine black like shadows and against the shining ship are menacing silhouettes. People must register, many are volunteering to board the glorious ships... but they have been tricked, they are being taken/transformed/dehumanized...
I will not be taken.

Fourth episode:
Spoiler:
I walk the streets, shunning the eyes of the Martian robot police, who look like crossing guards but their skin is an odd bronze and their eyes are completely black. I hear of revolutions, of underground movements whispered in alleys. I attend as many as I can, but their numbers are dwindling. The originally voluntary registration of television and internet is now mandatory, and people are being forcibly taken into the ships. So far I have eluded their radar because I do not connect to the collective electronic consciousness, and do not fall prey to their propaganda or search techniques. A cry of freedom is taken up in an alley nearby; the robot police rushes to the culprit, dangerously near my person. I press my illegal book tightly to my body as it brushes by; I need to leave before I attract attention or a robot recognizes me.

Fifth episode:
Spoiler:
Back at the house, I survey the people who now inhabit the house with me. Two are girls in their twenties, and the other is a man with long hair, who is currently laying stoned on the couch in the front left room. One of the girls is hanging on the beam of the front door frame (the door itself is missing), and I begin to fade from the scene and become omnipotent. Through the wall, I see one of the Taken, an empty shell of a man, ogling the girl as he silently creeps up the front stairs. He has no pants, and wears a baggy shirt. He is intent on raping her, carving up her body, and eating at least part of it. Nothing exists in his head except these thoughts, although he is only consciously aware of one at a time. He is surprisingly stealthy, and the girl only notices him when he is mere feet away. She screams, he lunges. There is a scuffle, and I am jarred back into the scene, only I am me again, not the boy. The man is laughing hysterically as she tries to escape, crawling and tripping over broken chairs and random metal pieces. Through the slit in the top of his shirt, the others and I see the glint of steel – he has two large butcher knives hanging on beaded necklaces. I grab his shoulders and push my head against his collarbone, pinning him to the wall. I sprawl the rest of my body backwards, so his swings miss me. I keep yelling for someone to help, but they're either not listening or frozen in fear.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

My Uncivilized God

Postby My Uncivilized God » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:32 am UTC

I dreamed (a few nights ago now) about a girl who lives roughly six hours away from me, one way, going seventy. She was wearing a blue sweater. We talked some, then we cuddled.

It was the most awesome dream I've had in a long time. Damn it. I want to talk to her again.

I hope her preppy boyfriend gets hit by a truck. </bitter humor>
I'm waiting for the Devil to come
I'll ask if I can take my guns,
there are men over there
who would steal my breath and air
as once they have already done.

taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine

Postby taptap » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 am UTC

I seriously had the most vivid dream ever last night, where I went to some university here in indiana, and got to visit penn state for a while, then wound up in some guitar store in 'jersey where I hung out and talked to a couple people. How awesome! I really wanna visit new jersey, someday I will....

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:23 am UTC

For some reason I dreamt I was in Haifa walking through the gardens on Mt. Karmel.

Don't ask me, I just like that city.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:54 pm UTC

Last night, I dreamed I was being back-stabbed by a politician. This morning I woke up a minute before my alarms went off and was being stabbed in the back by my finger brace.
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:29 pm UTC

Last night I dreamed I was in high school, and entered a classroom where the class made up traffic safety posters. One poster made me laugh, and reminded me of XKCD, even in the dream. The student had written "Obey the sweet ass-safety cones" or something similar. It had a drawing of a stick figure and one of the safety cones.
PRG

An important message for you:

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:34 pm UTC

Since I have important stuff to do today, naturally, last night was one of those nights where I lay in bed awake for 8 hours. Since I didn't have to be up right away, when the alarm went off I just said screw it and set it ahead an hour. During this hour I finally managed to fall asleep, and proceeded to dream about falling asleep at work. O_o One minute I was at work, then I was asleep, then when I woke up it was 5 minutes to closing time, all the lights were off, and I was naked. I didn't seem to care - nobody would be able to see me with the lights off anyway - I was just happy that I'd got away with sleeping through most of my shift. I just went about doing all the usual closing stuff.

Falling asleep within a dream was strange, it felt like when you're in that I-should-be-asleep-by-now phase, but it felt like only a minute passed before I "woke up" again. Don't think I've ever had that one before.

There was also a brief scene before this where I was using a mop to clean out some goo in the washing machine. It had to be nice and clean so that when me and my dad baked a cake in it, the cake wouldn't come out gross. The plan was something like dumping cake mix and chocolate syrup in the machine and starting it. Yeah. I have some crazy dreams.
Obligatory "the cake is a lie!"
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

audoue

Postby audoue » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 pm UTC

that's a good thing about me, I always remember my dreams, and I am always active in them, I can't decide the general theme but i can do several actions I wsih to do. (altough it is weird because I don't react and act the same in my dreams as I do in real life, but I Know I am making the decisions.) I even used to write my dreams in a notebook, I haven't wrote any for a long time I should do it again.

Yeah last night I had a dream about money, because I am in so much money trouble right now i was finding money everywere, like really, evrywere but then my best friend transformed into a dinosaur an me into a mouse and we went on some kind of mission to save our other friend witch was a pokemon, and I had to spend all the money I found in special rat shops where you find very puissant rat-bombs.

Then I had this dream about this guy who is in some of my classes and I do a movie-project with him too, It was weird tough cause he we were first at a party then we got into a classroom and he was showing me how to do something and our faces were soooo close all the time and I really wanted to kiss him but he did before me. I can't belive I made out with an 18 yrs old boy in my dream, I felt so dirty waking up, i'm 21 after all it's kinda wrong.
(but it sure has hell wasen't as worse as the time I was dreaming I was having sex with my cousin, and enjoying it, a lot! I felt so freaking weird when I woke up, you can't belive)

a386

Postby a386 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

you ever have it so your alarm goes off and you wake up, but then you fall back to sleep, but your dream continues on from the point when you were awake as if you hadn't fallen back to sleep? That happened to me this morning except in the dream-version of my morning routine all kinds of animals roamed around my (suburban) hometown. I remember specifically gorillas and deer. I looked out a window in my room and there was a wax sculpture of a gorilla at the foot of a tree right outside my window, and then looking at it I heard this funky drum music that sounded like congas and bongos and those kinds of drums. I look up in the tree and there's a bunch of gorillas sitting around on different branches and things, each playing a part of this drum music by hitting the tree with their big gorilla-palms. And im watching this and i think to myself "we shouldn't be killing gorillas and like chopping down forests and things. Clearly, they are intelligent enough to understand this complex multi-part drum music." From there out my dream-morning was pretty regular, i was telling people about the gorillas and nobody else had seen, although my sister had heard the music. Then i woke up for real, and the first thought in my head was "crap does this mean the gorillas weren't really playing this music" followed by the realization that gorillas don't roam my hometown. =(

HedgehogsAreFunneh

Postby HedgehogsAreFunneh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:*snip*

Does anyone know where the cake meme originated from?

Also; Dream: Spoiler'd for paragraphs of doom.
Spoiler:
I was on a hugely, amazingly colassal boat1 that seemed to have a hundred or more floors, and you got from one to another through these tunnels2. I knew that I would be staying on this boat for about two months, and that it was a school field trip. So I'm walking through the tunnels, and suddenly I'm on the top of this mountain in a completley different room. The mountain is the centerpiece for a waterpark, and there are a bunch of watersldes streamng off the sides of it. I can see a whole bunch of people at the bottom of the slides, gathered aeound little pools, one of which I know is my sister (even though I can't see her face.) All the walls and floors are the same colour as a spray-on tan. I really want to jump off the platform/mountain onto a slide and join all the people, but I realize that I'm wearing this white sports bra and some shorts, so I think "Crap, I can't swim in this", and then the scene changes into a ballroom. There's this kid I know from school, let's call him Alex, explaining to someone else (who I'm standing beside) that he and this girl, Courtney, are going to do something (I don't catch what exactly they're going to do), and that they'll be easy to spot because they're going to be wearing these ridicoulous costumes. He holds the articles of clothing up, and I think "Okay, that sucks for Courtney, that costume is gross." Then the scene does some flickering, and I'm walking in a bathroom which is really beautiful (the floors, walls and counters are black marbe and the mirrors are surrounded with lightbulbs that emi a really soft, pinkish light.) There are a bunch of girls in the stalls but all they're doing is trying on outfits; I remember seeing heaps and heaps of clothes and little sparkling shoes on the floor, and feeling lonely and sad because I knew they were going to a ball, and I would be going too except that I had no decent dresses and no one to go with. So I go back to my room, and that's when I woke up.

Upon waking up, I sat there for maybe ten minutes, thinking over and over "I wish I knew how that ended" ( I'm pretty sure I was still half-asleep). Then I rolled over, curled up, and started to dream about packing up all my clothes, stuffing them in a suitcase, and then watching everyone else in my homeroom class do the same. Prseumably, for going on this boat trip.

1: It was the kind of dream where I never saw or heard anything indicaing that I was on a boat, and indeed there were some serious contributing factors to suggest I wasn't on the boat, but at the same time I *knew* I was on a boat.

2: The kind you would find in a fast food playplace that are made by thick, brightly coloured plastic, except in my dream, they were hallway sized.
I was thinking of either meditating or napping, but the way I do it, there's not much difference except in the explanation to the rest of my family.

"If anyone finds the plot of this book, tell it I love it very much and want it to come home."

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 pm UTC

HedgehogsAreFunneh wrote:

Yes. Portal. The greatest game in the world.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

HedgehogsAreFunneh

Postby HedgehogsAreFunneh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:
HedgehogsAreFunneh wrote:

Yes. Portal. The greatest game in the world.

... Portal, you say? >.> Tell me more about this game.
I was thinking of either meditating or napping, but the way I do it, there's not much difference except in the explanation to the rest of my family.

"If anyone finds the plot of this book, tell it I love it very much and want it to come home."

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:43 am UTC

Portal, the game based off of Narbacular Drop, which is the game that got a bunch of college kids hired by Valve. Portal, an FPS where you don't actually get a projectile weapon. Portal, an action/puzzle game. Portal, game with the greatest writing since Black Isle got fired by Interplay. Portal, where you can reach terminal velocity, and not die from it. Go! Buy! Play!
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Hoshi no Kabii

Postby Hoshi no Kabii » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 am UTC

I had a pretty weird ass-dream last night; I'm blaming it on my medicine.

Here I am, swimming in the arctic. Icebergs and water are the only things that can be seen for as far as my eyes could see. I'm not cold. I am only alone and afraid. I take notice to the largest iceberg near me, and climb to the top of it. Here I meet a person. Well, I assume it was a person- I could not seem to gather any sort of physical form. I offer to measure this largest iceberg, but the "person" disappears. Sighing at the long journey ahead of me, I start swimming in one direction. I plan on swimming until I meet land. A short while into my journey, I am pulled down. Down and down I go, knowing I am knowing to die. As a last resort I look in my inventory (Why didn't anyone tell me I had an inventory?) I find I have a large quantity of healing items. I consume one without thinking, and whatever is pulling me is stunned. I am free, and swim to the surface, where I see my Hit Points increase from a number in the single digits to a number in the hundreds. This happens several times. I apparently can't attack while in water, so I plan on killing whatever is attempting to kill me on land.

The dream skips to land. I am standing in a hut of some sort, leaning out the window. I see the head of a man in a car. His hair is brown. When he sees me starting at him he promptly drives off.

Then I had to wake up for school.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:07 am UTC

Whoa, weird dream.

It started with me leaving school to my parents car so I could get home to tell my friends where we would meet for a concert when Perry Cox stopped me and made me give 5 reasons why French toast is better than regular toast or else he would use a magnet to list random shit around him to the sky including me. I told him the 5 reasons and he let me go and called me newbie. When I got into the car, we drove off into a futuristic city and off of a freeway onto a piece of freeway in the middle of the city and into a building filled with bad corporation dudes and we defeated them all. After that, we were driving off to home yet some how we managed to do the same thing two times and were in the same building with the same baddies except with eggs each time, and by the last time we realized that we were being trapped in a time loop by the villain in "Untraceable" (Oddly enough, a movie I haven't seen). Me, being impatient, teleported myself to my house and went to my computer and that is when I woke up.

I woke up in a daze not knowing what the hell just happened.

Visceroid

Postby Visceroid » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 am UTC

I dreamt i had sex with an amputee. Infact it was of a girl I know, who isnt an amputee and the more i had sex with her, the more i realised she was an amuptee and the more we had sex the more limbs she took of. Well she only took of her left and right legs and her left hand. There was some random fat woman in the room to talking to us. Then my dad came in and the girl became dressed but was still missing her limbs but was trying to hide them from my dad.

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 am UTC

I dreamed of zombies last night.

It started that I was on my laptop, and a friend of mine and some girl were like, "Give us your computer, we have to find a way to stop the zombies!" And I was like, "What zombies are you talking about?" Then they just jacked my computer, and I got angry and started yelling at them because they were just going on MySpace.

Then zombies invaded our apartment, and we ran for our lives. We got on a school bus, and we were trying to escape them. But we crashed, and ended up in a lake. Under the water, there were swimming dinosaurs, which were also zombies. We found a life raft in the bus, and got to shore.

Night had fallen, and we found another school bus. We got into it and started driving. Passing a street light, however, we found that the bus was filled with zombies. Terrifying zombies. They weren't wearing clothes, and they were bloody and had wide yawning mouths that kept moaning and screaming.

But wait...we realized that they weren't trying to eat us. Apparently, at night they couldn't distinguish their own from humans. They thought that we were other zombies.

I don't remember anymore until I dreamed that I woke up. I tried to turn on my lamp, because the zombies would totally get me if I didn't...but my lamp wouldn't turn on. I was panicking. But then I woke up for real, and my lamp turned on just fine.
I slice, I dice, and I fit comfortably into your pocket or glove-box!

(Order in the next ten minutes, and get a second for FREE!)

Kamikazee

Postby Kamikazee » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:15 am UTC

My dream last night involved my ex from high school, a few mates from the present and a lot of random shit. It was 6 kinds of wierd and still has me freaked out. Can't really describe what happened tho... not wet of course..
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

The_Duck

Postby The_Duck » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 am UTC

I was at an auditorium at some kind of assembly/concert thing, and then somehow I was on stage in front of the auditorium as part of a tap dancing group. I didn't know any of the moves or anything so I just tapped my feet in time with the music and thought I was probably looking pretty stupid. But when I got back to my seat, it turned out I had hallucinated the whole thing. What really had happened was that I had challenged some guy who was on stage to some kind of rap/music/yo-mama-joke battle, and got beaten badly (the guy had a reputation for being good at this kind of thing). I was relieved that I had hallucinated about making a fool of myself tap-dancing, but I was alarmed that I had instead made a fool of myself in a different way without being conscious of what I was doing.

Then I was in a sort of treehouse and a guy I know offered me a hallucinogenic drug in the form of chewable medicine tablet. I've never used any drugs but I tried it in the dream, with some weird results. At one point I became very afraid of falling off the platform. At some later point in the dream I was offered the drug again, but refused.

Later I was on some sort of mission to find news of a distraught mother's missing son. After driving down the road for a bit (we were probably on a barrier island a block or two from the beach, but I never saw the ocean) we came to a building. Searching the building, I discovered a plaque on the wall indicating in some way that the son had been killed by the enemy. The plaque was small (a few inches on a side) but it was hung by itself in the middle of the wall. I remember thinking that it was like a video game: too perfect. The enemy's top people were having a meeting in the next room through a slightly transparent wall, so we got out. There was some sort of altercation on the median of the road as we turned the car around and started driving the other way. Then I was on a cliff taking out some people below me with a sniper rifle (I was seeing things through the Halo 3 sniper scope). I shot one guy but then I wasn't sure if he had been an enemy. Then I shot a couple of enemies.
Sister Carlotta wrote:It may not be gravity that holds us to the Earth, but rather some unknown force with identical properties.

Owehn

Postby Owehn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 am UTC

I dreamed that I couldn't hear out of one of my ears, so I reached in and pulled out a long exact sequence.
[This space intentionally left blank.]

Kaletécho

Postby Kaletécho » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm UTC

I dreamed a girl I asked out rejected me because she was really a lesbian and she just hadn't come out yet.
That's either full of utter fail or supreme awesome, depending on how you look at it.
Spoiler:
Fossa wrote:[The other thread] is clearly about marital arts which, to my understanding, are a lot more painful and involve less grappling than you'd think...

Cheese wrote:I would say "I am a douche", but then someone would sig it.

Miles Invictus

Postby Miles Invictus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:32 pm UTC

Kaletécho wrote:I dreamed a girl I asked out rejected me because she was really a lesbian and she just hadn't come out yet.
That's either full of utter fail or supreme awesome, depending on how you look at it.

The exact amount of fail depends on when she turned lesbian. If it was at the exact same moment you asked her out, then, yes...utter fail.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

Kabann wrote:I love those kinds of dreams... I had one once where I was walking along, strumming quite an interesting tune on a guitar. Too bad I couldn't remember the tune after I woke up, or that I can't play the guitar at all.

Jack Black, is that you?
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

I had a dream about a design of a unique keyboard that had all keys suspended in mid-air using magnets (I assumed in the dream) and it depth of press was measured by a tiny little sensor at the side.
Looked like the thin mac keyboard layout, but the buttons were metallic grey and only the keys were floating there. How the keys stayed in one position was beyond me, but it was one hell of a funky keyboard.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

I was playing the boss to a Silent Hill game starring Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Return to “General”