I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 pm UTC

"The Alt button is the button that says Alt, the Ctrl button is the button that says Ctrl and the Delete button is the one that says Delete."
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Ouch.jars

Postby Ouch.jars » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 pm UTC

"Even if you give it back, you still stole it."
ouchjars: putting the "pie" in "sapience" since '08

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 pm UTC

"No, it's not standard prosedure to place explosives in the keyboard."

they/them/theirs

AJR

Postby AJR » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm UTC

aurumelectrum13 wrote:"Why yes, fourteen-year-old kid, I am eighteen. No, I will not buy you cigarettes."

followed by...
fourteen-year-old: "why not"
me: "because the shopkeeper is right there and can hear this entire conversation, idiot" (and an unspoken "it's a filthy habit, even if becoming a case study in juvenile delinquency is probably going to be your biggest contribution to society".)

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:34 pm UTC

aurumelectrum13 wrote:"Why yes, fourteen-year-old kid, I am eighteen. No, I will not buy you cigarettes."

Huh. Whereas my answer was always "Sure, but there'll be a markup. About enough to buy my lunch"
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

aurumelectrum13

Postby aurumelectrum13 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:13 pm UTC

I just don't feel like contributing to big tobacco in any way, shape, or form.

Okay, to one of my friends:

"No, the law has no basis in the Bible. We aren't in Salem in the 1600's."

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 pm UTC

"No, I can't you just send you your electricity to power you house through your wifi. Electricity doesn't work that way. If you invent a way to make it work that way, I will gladly give you $200 for it."
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Sruixan

Postby Sruixan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:14 pm UTC

"There is a reason why the "Sort" button is labelled as such..." - (Some people...)

"No, I don't think you can power the Wii on your dad's beer..." - (I didn't quite believe it myself)

"Just because it takes nine minutes to get to the good stuff, doesn't mean it isn't a good song!" - (True, right? "Blue Room" is rather decent...)

"Yes, I do know that, you told me ten seconds ago, thank you..." - (I have to say this far too often)

"It says "Push"..." - (...and this one too...)

"Excuse me, can I get this in a different colour?"
"Um, no? I don't wor-"
"Hmph! Why not?"
"As I was saying, I don't work here."
"Oh... well, can you do it anyway?" - (for crying out loud, I was thirteen at the time, not wearing anything like the uniform of the staff, not even the same colour...)
This is, er, no offense but you are a robot, aren't you?
That's just, um, beautiful, beautiful beautiful... just beautiful.
One hot summer's night Lorraine said: "It's time for you to see the lighthouse"
Dr. Ivanovich, was it really necessary?

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:03 pm UTC

"It's probably rude to comment on that girl's ass when we're less than 20 feet from her. I know you're trying to whisper, but she can probably hear you."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:40 pm UTC

God, I have to say that to my boyfriend ALL THE TIME.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 pm UTC

aurumelectrum13 wrote:I just don't feel like contributing to big tobacco in any way, shape, or form.

I was dirt poor in highschool, early college. I just felt like contributing to my lunch.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

"If there's a sign on the lab computer saying that you must wear gloves to use it. Guess what? YOU MUST WEAR GLOVES TO USE THAT COMPUTER"
grrr.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm UTC

mochafairy wrote:"No, I can't you just send you your electricity to power you house through your wifi. Electricity doesn't work that way. If you invent a way to make it work that way, I will gladly give you $200 for it."

Uhm, well it sorta can. But since air is such a shit conductor there are some serious problems. Or of course one could send it as high energy radiation and convert it back, but the loses would be rather spectacular.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

Voco

Postby Voco » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:55 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:
mochafairy wrote:"No, I can't you just send you your electricity to power you house through your wifi. Electricity doesn't work that way. If you invent a way to make it work that way, I will gladly give you $200 for it."

Uhm, well it sorta can. But since air is such a shit conductor there are some serious problems. Or of course one could send it as high energy radiation and convert it back, but the loses would be rather spectacular.

I'm not sure the average linksys router is capable of such things.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 pm UTC

Voco wrote:
fjafjan wrote:

I'm not sure the average linksys router is capable of such things.

That was kinda my point. well, that and the fact they were arguing with my over why we need power lines and wires at all...
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 am UTC

"Your email is bouncing with a 'Message too long' error because your message is too long."

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:40 am UTC

mochafairy wrote:That was kinda my point. well, that and the fact they were arguing with my over why we need power lines and wires at all...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a MUCH less technically-inclined friend:

"No, the freon is NOT what cools the fridge. Yes, it does need electricity to run. The electric motor has to pump the freon. No, freon is not a magical heat-absorbing, laws-of-thermodynamics-breaking gas."

"Oxygen does not burn, it just helps other things burn."
"Nitrous oxide plays a similar role to oxygen, it only helps fuel burn."
"No, I don't care what you saw in a movie. Nitrous oxide, by itself, does not burn OR explode. Now, it might rupture a gas tank if it's under pressure, but it won't produce a huge fireball. No. Never."

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

Belial wrote:

Huh. Whereas my answer was always "Sure, but there'll be a markup. About enough to buy my lunch"

You say yes, and just walk off with the money.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

Titch

Postby Titch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

rubber314chicken wrote:
Belial wrote:

You say yes, and just walk off with the money.

You say yes, and buy them a penny chew in a cigarette packet.
Pez Dispens3r wrote:Bacon is not a vegetable.

Shro wrote:Moo, Cassi and Titch are now my ONLY friends!

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 am UTC

My boss asks, regarding the trip management program, "how do I modify a trip?"
I answer, "click the Modify button". V_v

Sewing instructions: "be careful as you may poke yourself with the needle." No shit?
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

fyrenwater

Postby fyrenwater » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 am UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:Sandwiches do not go in the DVD-player.

Wow, and I thought finding burnt Poptarts in a George Foreman grill was bad. (Yes, caused by the same guys in the previous Poptart incident.)

Which reminds me:
"No, there is no way to prepare your meal to make it zero calories, especially not if television told you."
...It made more sense in my head.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 am UTC

fyrenwater wrote:"No, there is no way to prepare your meal to make it zero calories, especially not if television told you."

Well, you could "prepare" it at the top of a steep hill and make them hike to it.

folkhero

Postby folkhero » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:05 pm UTC

"I realize that you're about 80 years old, but if you are going under the speed limit and braking when no one is in front of you, then you don't need to be in the fast lane." me to another driver. I don't think he heard me.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 pm UTC

"Yes, the speakers are compatible with Vista."
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 am UTC

folkhero wrote:"I realize that you're about 80 years old, but if you are going under the speed limit and braking when no one is in front of you, then you don't need to be in the fast lane." me to another driver. I don't think he heard me.

"I know I'm 80, but its okay that I'm still driving, I just go extra slow and be extra cautious"

People like that make me want to peel out from a stop light to get around them. But seriously in Ohio the right lane averages 5 over the limit.... I'm not even joking. I've been passed by semi's when I was doing nearly 70. And I wasn't going downhill either.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 am UTC

"Yes, I do wear glasses."
...I said looking right over my frames at the person.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?

Postby Geekthras » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 am UTC

Why yes I did hurt my foot, did the ankle brace tip you off or was it the limping?
Wait. With a SPOON?!

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 pm UTC

Again to the same guy from the first post;

"Dude, don't fuck about with that creme brule blowtorch near me, it makes me nervous. No, seriously, I'm the same with knives. WHAT THE FUCK!? DON'T POINT THE FUCKING THING AT ME! STOP FUCKING LUNGING AT ME WITH IT! NO I'M NOT GONNA "CALM DOWN" WHILE YOU'RE HOLDING THAT THING! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN 'WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?'!? YOU'RE TRYING TO BURN ME WITH A FUCKING BLOWTORCH! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF YOU'RE JUST MESSING ABOUT AND ARE NOT ACTUALY TRING TO GET ME, YOU CAN STILL FUCKING GET ME, NOW PUT THE FUCKING BLOWTORCH DOWN!"

Not an exact quote but it's more or less what was said. And yes, he did tell me to calm down,while still lunging at me, and then when he stopped lunging, but before he turned the thing off, he did look at me as if I was the one acting like an arsehole and say "What's your problem man?"
And then afterwards:

"No, that wasn't over-reacting; I was, in fact, fighting down the urge to punch and throttle you until you dropped the bloody thing and even that wouldn't have been over-reacting in this situation."
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

lulzfish

Postby lulzfish » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

Shit, I hate when people taunt you or do something dangerous and they're like "HAW U FLINCHED" or something lame.

Turtle_

Postby Turtle_ » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 am UTC

Yeah, it's so annoying when people act like they're going to stab you or something and then claim that you're overreacting.

The Scyphozoa wrote:"Yes, the speakers are compatible with Vista."

My keyboard advertised that it was Vista compatible.
"Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth." ~ Ender's Game
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." ~ Charles Darwin

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 am UTC

"No, your password is your password. Your buddy's password will not work on your user account nor will yours work on his, having a password don't help much on other accounts than the one it was set for."

they/them/theirs

fyrenwater

Postby fyrenwater » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:25 am UTC

lulzfish wrote:Shit, I hate when people taunt you or do something dangerous and they're like "HAW U FLINCHED" or something lame.

I hate that, too. But you know what I love/hate? Idiots ignoring warnings, screwing up &/or getting hurt, and then complaining that they didn't know. Here's a Shouldn't Have to Say This, but not from me.

Picture this: metal shop class, high school. I don't know why some people were allowed to use the blowtorches. Some dumbass ignored basically every rule for welding: wear the special goggles that block the harmful light, wear proper DRY gloves, NEVER wear synthetic fibers (the heat can melt them), wear shoes (NOT sandals), etc. Also, VISUALLY inspect something to see if it's red-hot. Then cautiously bring your hand near to feel for radiant heat. Gently tap it to see if it's hot, THEN it's safe to pick up. All these rules and more are plastered on giant signs ALL OVER AND OUTSIDE the room.

So the dumbass goes in to weld while wearing sandals. He grabbed the wrong goggles. Because of this, the blinding light messed with his vision (he's lucky he didn't get permanent damage). He finishes, turns off the blowtorch (thank heavens he wasn't dumb enough to skip that step), and goes to pick up his piece. He didn't see where the metal was red-hot, which was exactly where he grabbed it. Cue to him screaming and dropping the metal onto his bare foot. More burns, more screams. He ended up with some severe burns and scars. SO HE TRIED TO MAKE THE SCHOOL PAY FOR HIS MEDICAL BILLS.

The shop teacher simply said, "The shop is COVERED with safety signs. Everyone in the class signs a contract to promise to follow the rules or pay the consequences. We have many quizzes on safety procedures. So you stupidly ignored all those rules, got the obvious results, and want the school to pay for your mistake??"

He still thought so. Thankfully, the system worked and nobody gave him what he wanted (but obviously didn't deserve).
...It made more sense in my head.

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 am UTC

I don't get it: blowtorches aren't bright enough to blind you. And arc welding etc can blind you (eventually) but it doesn't generally make the whole thing you're welding hot.

But, yeah, one time someone in my old class silently filled a metal tube with oxygen and acetalyne just before his classmate was about to weld it. Cue the biggest bang you've heard in your life. Dust came off the shelves.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

Link

Postby Link » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:19 am UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:But, yeah, one time someone in my old class silently filled a metal tube with oxygen and acetalyne just before his classmate was about to weld it. Cue the biggest bang you've heard in your life. Dust came off the shelves.
That's extremely idiotic and incredibly dangerous. I hope the person who did that was convicted for attempted manslaughter!

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm UTC

Link wrote:
Pez Dispens3r wrote:But, yeah, one time someone in my old class silently filled a metal tube with oxygen and acetalyne just before his classmate was about to weld it. Cue the biggest bang you've heard in your life. Dust came off the shelves.
That's extremely idiotic and incredibly dangerous. I hope the person who did that was convicted for attempted manslaughter!

Teacher yelled and everyone else thought it was funny. That's pretty much all that happened.

Attempted manslaughter... is an oxymoron?
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm UTC

No, it's manslaughter so long as they hadn't been planning to kill them for more than a few seconds. If it was a prank, it was probably spur of the moment. That really sucks that nothing happened, though, that kid should've gotten expelled.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:27 pm UTC

"No, when bread goes mouldy, it is no longer good to eat. No, don't eat it. DON'T. Oh God, you ate it."
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

kapojinha

Postby kapojinha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:37 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:"No, when bread goes mouldy, it is no longer good to eat. No, don't eat it. DON'T. Oh God, you ate it."

Eeewww.

"She's pregnant."
-to another student about the pregnant teacher standing 3 feet away.
"My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant."

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

Urgh, I, too, had a pregnant lecturer and a friend who, somehow, didn't notice. Ever other Friday she would have a replacement lecturer take the lecture for her. On the last such lecture of the term,one of my friends said
"Huh, every other Friday, regular, she hasn't taken lectures. I wonder if it was planned?" I replied with;
"She's probably at the maternity clinic or something"
"What? She's pregnant? How do you know that?"
"Seriously dude? She looks about seven months gone!"

Roughly what was said, but he honestly couldn't tell. I have no idea what he thought was going on...
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm UTC

fyrenwater wrote:
lulzfish wrote:Shit, I hate when people taunt you or do something dangerous and they're like "HAW U FLINCHED" or something lame.

I hate that, too. But you know what I love/hate? Idiots ignoring warnings, screwing up &/or getting hurt, and then complaining that they didn't know. Here's a Shouldn't Have to Say This, but not from me.

Picture this: metal shop class, high school.
[Idiocy]

Oh. Oh bob, the stupidity. This reminds me of that time when the teacher left us unsupervised in there for about 5 minutes and a game of rounders broke out (basically basic baseball). Fuck knows what they were using for bats, but they thought a chisel would be a brilliant ball substitute. I know all shop-teachers threaten it every single week, but it is astounding that that one kid didn't lose his eye. Of course, while the flow of blood was being staunched, the fucktard sorry, pitcher responsible was pulling the ole' indignant "oh my gawd, we wuz only joking around".

How... how do people like that get through the morning without getting their toes stuck in a light fitting or something?
Last edited by Blokey on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Return to “General”