ITT:Creepy

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Walter.Horvath

Re: ITT:Creepy

Postby Walter.Horvath » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:10 pm UTC

A lot of the things on creepypasta are interesting or funny.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 am UTC

LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:53 am UTC

This isn't a thread for talking about people you have a grudge against, nor for talking about how badass you are with your bedside hammer.
Also, posting pictures of people on the internet without their permission and suggesting they are some variety of sex pest is a totally douchey thing to do.

Post scary stories or STFU.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 am UTC

Babam wrote:
Spoiler:
There was a couple from Texas who was planning a weekend trip across the Mexican border for a shopping spree. At the last minute, their baby-sitter canceled, so they had to bring along their two year old son with them. They had been across the border for an hour when the boy got free and ran around the corner. The mother tried to find him, but he was missing. The mother found a police officer who told her to go to the gate and wait. Not really understanding the instructions, she did as she was told.

About 45 minutes later, a Mexican man approached the border, carrying the boy. The mother ran to him, grateful that he had been found. When the man realized it was the boy's mother, he dropped him and ran. The police were waiting for him. The boy was dead, and in the 45 minutes he was missing, he had been cut open, all of his organs removed, and stuffed with bags of cocaine. The man was going to carry him across the border as if he were asleep.

This one sounds like it could really happen.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:16 am UTC

Oh racism...
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm UTC

Seriously, this is a thread for "creepy" along the lines of "oh my goodness it's Halloween and creepy stuff" rather than "I'm creeped out by this guy who I claim has violated people yet I'm posting this shit on a public forum rather than alerting the authorities because that's totally the mature thing to do". If this guy is *actually* doing shit - which it doesn't sound like that at all - we are not the proper people to be talking to.

Back on topic... I am going to see Paranormal Activity on Wednesday night. I am not a scary movie type of person - I get freaked out extremely easily. I'm going because I told my friend I'd go, and I didn't realize at the time that it's apparently a truly scary movie. And now I'm nervous. :(
milk from space is good for you!

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

Uncanny Valley. Also, some women get obsessively attached to these.

Spoiler:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 pm UTC

Because what man ever gets attached to his kids?

Amirite, guys?

Ha ha ha! HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:09 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Because what man ever gets attached to his kids?

Amirite, guys?

Ha ha ha! HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!

HA HA HA!

I will clarify and expound my previous post.

The baby in the picture is a "Baby Reborn." Basically they are made to look as real as possible but many people including myself feel they fall into the uncanny valley. A few years back I read an article covering these babies and their owners, many of whom are mothers who have empty nest, miscarried, had their child die, etc., and the unhealthy attachments they began to create. While I'm certain the tramatized parties are not ALL mothers I would be very suprised if most of them weren't. I do not have a link to the article but after a quick google the debate seems to be everywhere regarding that topic.
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 pm UTC

.. okay, retracted. Those things. Those are creepy.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm UTC

This creeps me out a bit.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 am UTC

So hello ladieees, I'm here and I have what you need. Just come to... oh, this wasn't that sort of creepy thread. Well, here is something more fitting:
Spoiler:

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 am UTC

Opened spoiler, saw that it moved. There is absolutely no way I'm watching a .gif that's supposed to be creepy. Never.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:01 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Opened spoiler, saw that it moved. There is absolutely no way I'm watching a .gif that's supposed to be creepy. Never.

I scrolled up and opened the spoiler so that I saw the top few pixels. I saw that it was animated and I closed the spoiler.

I hate animated creepiness, because most of the time it's just screamers without sound. Ever since I watched "Ghost Car", I've been really paranoid about videos and animated GIFs.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:04 pm UTC

I can verify there is no screamers, no jumpy things and nothing moving fast. It's a slow, unnerving thing.
Ⓞⓞ◯

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

Huh, I think it's been removed.

What I saw looked like something crawling on a ceiling.

Also: creepy thing.
humorously creepy. (not actually creepy, just related)

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 pm UTC

The gif should still be there.

The numbers stations are pretty cool to listen to. Well, I have personally only listened to recordings of them so it isn't exactly the same thing but they still have that feeling of mystery on them in that form. There is a link to the Conet Project in the end of that Wikipedia article Scyphozoa linked to. Here is a more direct link to the audio files in four directories: CD 1, CD 2, CD 3, CD 4. I suggest you use wget or some other program suitable for mass-downloading. Here is the archive.org page, where the files are also available, and a player on the page if you don't want to download the files. I really can't remember any single clip that well, but as a random pick tcp d3 12 5 dashes i say again irdial is a pretty good example, though there isn't music in that one. Hmm, "tcp d4 28 the backwards music station irdial"...yep, you might want to try that one.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I can verify there is no screamers, no jumpy things and nothing moving fast. It's a slow, unnerving thing.

As a matter of fact .gifs can't have any audio associated with them.
Giant Speck wrote:I hate animated creepiness, because most of the time it's just screamers without sound. Ever since I watched "Ghost Car", I've been really paranoid about videos and animated GIFs.

You have piqued my interest.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:21 am UTC

that .gif is just a cool effect. honestly, if it didn't have a flashlight swinging around, it'd look like an art installation.
uhhhh fuck.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 pm UTC

For this thing, you need sound so you can here what the animated TV is saying.

Has it been posted befTAKEN
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Postby sillybear25 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 pm UTC

A little something I'm sorta working on. I have writer's block atm, so you'll have to be content with the joke ending for the time being:
Spoiler:
Dreams. Everyone dreams. All the time. For one reason or another, there are always a couple that stand out, but most of them are forgotten by morning.

For good reason.

+-----~-----+

This is a story about my experiments with dreaming. I'm telling it as best as my memory will allow, but memory can be a funny thing.

I guess it all started because of the internet; I had read an article about lucid dreaming, and it sounded fucking awesome. That night, I spent hours looking through various lucid dreaming websites and fora, absorbing as much information as I could possibly find on this phenomenon. That night, I was so excited about the possibility of flying or having telekinesis or having orgies or whatever else people do in lucid dreams that I could barely fall asleep. When I finally fell asleep, the next thing I knew, it was morning. I hadn't had a lucid dream.

This continued for about a year; occasionally, I'd get brief moments of lucidity, but for the most part, my dreams were non-interactive if I even remembered them at all.

But then, one day, something just clicked. I went to sleep, started dreaming, and realized I was dreaming. I didn't know how I knew it, but it was like I had a sixth sense for whether or not I was dreaming. Each night, when I went to sleep, I would wake up in a dream-world which I could shape according to my every whim. Every night was an adventure; one night, I'd be soaring over bizarre, yet beautiful, alien landscapes, the next I'd be exploring shipwrecks without any bulky SCUBA gear. And yes, I fulfilled countless sexual fantasies, too.

Every once in a while, though, instead of the vivid, exciting dreams, I would find myself lucid, yet in a dream over which I had no control. Everything was dark and silent, and my entire body was numb. I could sense absolutely nothing, not even which way was up. I would be grateful for the justified, piercing sound of my alarm clock which released me from the boredom of these dreams that I couldn't shape myself.

+-----~-----+

Over time, I began to notice that my dreams began to feel longer and longer. I looked for information on the internet and discovered that REM sleep does not usually last longer than 15 minutes, yet I had been having dreams that seemed to take around an hour to finish.

It was at about this time that I began to pay more attention to the dark, empty dreams I had been having. They seemed to be the only recurring dreams, and I wondered why that was. Instead of being bored during these dreams, I started trying to pay attention to them.

I could tell from that sixth sense I told you about earlier that there was something... off... about these dreams. Or perhaps, more accurately, I should say that it's what that sixth sense wasn't telling me; normally, my dream-sense tells me that I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming and that I'm awake when I'm awake, but I couldn't feel it at all in this dream. It was completely numb, just like my other, "natural" senses.

In fact, as I sat (laid? floated?) in the empty black void, I came to realize that there was another sense missing, too: my sense of self. Indeed, I felt completely disconnected from everything. There is no psychological experience more profound, or terrifying, than the sudden realization that you do not exist.

After what seemed like hours, I awoke from that dream (which had turned into what was probably more accurately described as a nightmare) and was grateful to once again be reassured of my own existence.

+-----~-----+

Unfortunately, I couldn't stop myself from having lucid dreams; every time I slept, that sixth sense would kick in and bring me back into consciousness whenever I was dreaming. I had no choice. I had to dream.

And the dreams were growing longer. They would carry on for hours, or even days. I was getting bored, running out of things to do. You can only have so many dream-orgies before they get kinda old, and an orgy with 1000 people isn't really much different (for an individual, anyway) from an orgy with 100 people. Flying wasn't interesting any more. There were only so many places my mind could invent for me to explore before they all started to look alike.

I started experimenting with weirder things. I performed scientific experiments to see if the laws of physics were any different in my dream-worlds. I tried walking places instead of flying. I recorded the stars, came up with names for them, invented constellations. But none of it was really very exciting any more.

One night, before going to sleep, I decided that there was one major thing I hadn't yet tried in my dreams: dying. In my dream that night, I was a bit nervous about it; sure, it was only a dream, so nothing could really happen to me (right?), but the human self-preservation kicked in anyway. I spent a couple of dream-hours putting it off, playing around with things that I had sworn were so boring I'd never play with them again. Finally, the boredom overcame the self-preservation.

I found a knife. For some reason, even though I knew I wouldn't really be dying, I decided that, just in case, if I would actually die, I wanted it to be interesting. Guns, poison, and strangulation are all kind of boring. Knives are special. They have a certain aura of mysticism and nobility about them. Guns are impersonal, but knives are intimate. Anyone can kill a man with a gun, but it takes a certain, special quality to kill a man with a knife. Looking at the knife in my hands, I admired my own imagination. It was a beautiful blade, better described as a work of art than a vulgar weapon. I took a deep breath as I held it out in front of me, its tip pointed at my heart. I gulped, then plunged the shining blade into my own chest.

Blackness, but not just any blackness; it was a familiar blackness. Once again, I felt absolutely nothing. I wasn't. My thoughts floated around on their own, as if thought up and perceived by someone else. My dream-sense was silent. A creeping terror came over me. I didn't exist. Again.

And then a skeleton popped out.
This space intentionally left blank.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:03 am UTC

Felltir wrote:For this thing, you need sound so you can here what the animated TV is saying.

If this is the one I think it is I need to watch it again.
Holy fuck it is.
Ⓞⓞ◯

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Postby sillybear25 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
Felltir wrote:For this thing, you need sound so you can here what the animated TV is saying.

Holy fuck it is.

The first time I watched it, I was wearing headphones. I probably came close to soiling myself.
This space intentionally left blank.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:36 am UTC

sillybear25 wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:

Holy fuck it is.

The first time I watched it, I was wearing headphones. I probably came close to soiling myself.
Something about this is not only scary but amazingly fun. I'm suspecting adrenaline.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 am UTC

Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:29 am UTC

Damn you people and your videos that I want to watch but know I can't without freaking out. :(
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Balesk Baj, Timeburner
Location: Wherever parallel dimension I'm currently living in...

Postby Balesk Baj, Timeburner » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm UTC

Walter.Horvath wrote:
sillybear25 wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:

Holy fuck it is.

Something about this is not only scary but amazingly fun. I'm suspecting adrenaline.

This video is incredible. I watched it without sound first, but I was still surprised when I watched it again with the sound on.
Magnanimous wrote:I'd have a giant I Tetris piece shoved down my throat, after which my neck will flash and disappear.

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 pm UTC

Today I learned there is a thing called Telenoid. It's apparently meant to be some sort of telepresence robot. It's also fucking creepy. There is a YouTube video of it. And now some still pictures:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It's not necessarily extremely creepy but still...keep the thing away from me!

felltir

Postby felltir » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm UTC

Ubik wrote:Today I learned there is a thing called Telenoid. It's apparently meant to be some sort of telepresence robot. It's also fucking creepy. There is a YouTube video of it. And now some still pictures:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It's not necessarily extremely creepy but still...keep the thing away from me!

Spoiler:
*blink*

*blink*

That was all. I tried to move my arms. Nothing. I couldn't even feel my legs. I open my eyes, and force my stiff neck to the side. I hear lights, see movement. But I am cold, and it doesn't feel real. It feels artificial.

"where are you now?"

"I'm in this!" I cry, trying to point. Nothing. No reaction, just a confused smile and a laugh.

"What's your name?" She knows! She realises I am here! I think how to answer, but my mouth moves of it's own accord, whirring

"My name is Mona." Then I mumble unintelligebly, all the while screaming, screaming.

"If you have a certain emotion, the robot will express that." Is that me? am I the robot? Who is she talking to? or is she, oh god, please, is she talking to me?

"is that right?" Does she really know I am here, behind this automated mouth? oh god please, help me...

"okay, can you smile?" Why would I smile? I am locked inside this... thing, I can't feel, I can barely see, and I am so cold... But I try, to show her I can hear. maybe she can help me to escape this... I fight, but nothing.

"No. I can't" It worked! I can talk! oh, thankyou, my own words!

"You look so sad, and surprised..." Of course I do! I've never been more shocked in my life!

"I don't understand what that means" But I do. It means it's not my face I feel moving. it's this "robot." so where am I? what am I? and can I be heard, or seen?

"did you nod your head, now? were you changing your head position?" Yes! Of course I am, I'm nearly rocking from side to side! I'm fighting to break out, but I can't seem to move except when this force compells me... "Can you nod?"

"yes" I nod. Of course I can! All I seem to be able to do is move my head, and then not even at will... my neck is wrenched cruelly from side to side, and I wince, knowing that I am trapped in this... oh god please, turn me off... but what if I am left anchorless then? What if when the robot loses power, so do my eyes, my ears? I will be trapped in blackness, begging in the silence, the dark, and the oh god so cold so alone please get me out get me out forever until they turn my body on again, and I move and talk and dance to make the people laugh, fighting to speak, to let them know im here, to stop them turning out the lights. And then they don't come back.

First one minute of video. Bit weak.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!

Blog

he/him/his

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

I saw this thing on the Internet, and I thought of this thread.

Spoiler:
* Z signed on
* A signed on

A: hello

Z: Hello?

A: wat r u

Z: Is this some kind of joke?

A: !help

Z: Yes I want help
Z: unless is this some kind of Japanese game show

A: r u jpnese?

Z: No
Z: Who are you?

A: Jason

Z: What's this about?

A: hahah
A: ok so you're imprisoned right

Z: Yes
Z: It's like a solitary confinement cell in prison or something
Z: I've got a mattress on the floor
Z: One massive metal door
Z: no windows
Z: electric light
Z: and this computer terminal
Z: jsut like a blank screen and a keyboard

A: heheh
A: go left

Z: look, my name is Andrew Donald Layton
Z: I come from Farnborough in the UK
Z: last night I went to bed in my bed at home
Z: this morning I woke up here
Z: i think

A: look at the door

Z: the doro's looked, I can't open it

A: do you have any tools or anything

Z: and there's a toilet i nthe corner

A: in your pockets

Z: there's nthhing in my pockets

A: look at the door

Z: I already looked at the door
Z: look, please check the news or something
Z: are you american?

A: ya

Z: whats your full name? where do you live?

A: im not telling you

Z: look, go to a phone and dial
Z: i don't know the area code fo the UK
Z: but dial that and then 020 7946 0781

A: thats an international call

Z: i'll pay you back, I don't care! just let my wife know where I am

A: where are you?

Z: i don't know where i am

A: ...
A: nah no answer

Z: you sure you dialled it rigt?

A: yah

Z: i don't get this

A: yah, pretty lousy ARG huh
A: mauybe not fully set up yet

Z: whats an ARG?

A: alternate reality game

Z: whats an alternate reality game?

A: it's an online game
A: where you get given phone numbres and information about real life
A: and faxes and stuff
A: you get secret information
A: usually a whole bunch of you can work together to figure it all out
A: you ever play Halo 2

Z: no

A: terhre was ine for that
A: *one
A: ilovebees

Z: you think this is ag ame?

A: ya I think
A: dude you are really smart
A: like fake spelling errors and everything

Z: where did you find out how to contact me

A: there was a website
A: about chatbots
A: it said yu were a chatbot

Z: listen to me carefully
Z: I am a REAL HUMAN BEING and I have ACTUALLY been abducted
Z: I am BEING HELD PRISONER
Z: THIS IS NOT A GAME
Z: PLEASE HELP ME

A: go left

Z: I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM

* A signed off

* B signed on

B: okay what can you do?

Z: my name is Andrew Layton, I am being held prisoner in front of this computer
Z: I need you to help find me and help me escape
Z: I think I'm probably somewhere in the UK
Z: Are you in America?

B: sure

Z: please dial 011 44 20 7946 0781 and ask for Rebecca Layton
Z: tell her what's happened, tell her to call the police if she hasn't already

B: whatever
B: tell me a joke

Z: did you get this screen name from a website?

B: sure

Z: look, that website is a fraud
Z: it's telling you I'm a chatbot but I'm not
Z: I'm a real human being

B: ...

Z: fine
Z: so two oranges go into a bar
Z: one of them turns to the other
Z: "well... you're round"

B: ...that sucked

Z: so?
Z: robots can only tell good jokes?
Z: guy walks into a bar
Z: ouch
Z: it was a gay bar

B: haha

Z: do you believe me?

B: no

Z: please can you help me get out of here? I've been here like a day and a half
Z: I think
Z: I can't tell, there are no timestamsp on these messages
Z: no windows
Z: I just get water dispensed from the wall every like hour or smoething
Z: and food through a slot

B: can you send a picture

Z: no

B: what's it like

Z: I'm going crazy
Z: I have a wife and kids
Z: please help me

B: you suck

* B signed off

* C signed on

C: hello

Z: i think I'm going mad
Z: have you spoken to me before

C: no

Z: well I don't know that
Z: it just occurred ot me to wonder
Z: I don't even know that YOU are human

C: lol what

Z: all these dozens of people I've spoken to
Z: been in here lke two three four days
Z: and I ask them to help
Z: and some try aond some don't but they never get anywhere
Z: still stuck here
Z: nobody comes back more than once
Z: I say "call this number! go to my house! knock on my door!"
Z: like I even want to give out personal information to randoms
Z: i don't know whether they do it or what they even find

C: I'm human

Z: prove it

C: ask me anything

Z: what's your name?

C: alison

Z: where do you live? favourite colour? earliest childhood memory?

C: I live in Akron, OH
C: green
C: not saying

Z: look, see that?
Z: every time I ask for remotely personal info
Z: I just get turned down
Z: you could just be a bot programmed to answer simple questions and deflect complicated ones
Z: I'm bashing my head against the wall
Z: informationally speaking

C: u r just a bot

Z: i don't even KNOW if I can prove I'm a huma nto you
Z: every time I get close they just leave
Z: like I've been fairly lucid now
Z: and you're probably starting to suspect

C: ur pretty convincing

Z: I should know
Z: but any second now...
Z: you're gonna

* C signed off

* D signed on

D: hi

Z: and you know the worst part?

D: what?

Z: YOU COULD BE THE ONE.
Z: like the guy who put me in here

D: lol what

Z: I could be speaking to thin air
Z: or just embarrassing myself for the amusement of others

D: there is a forum about you

Z: what?

* D signed off

* E signed on

E: hi

Z: what's this about a forum, have they figured out I'm alive yet?

* E signed off

* F signed on

F: Z, r you there?

Z: yes

F: don't mention anything

Z: what's this abuot a forum?

* F signed off

* G signed on

G: r u a bot

Z: no I am not
Z: but nobody seems to believe me
Z: every time I get close to convincing somebody they cut me orr
Z: *off
Z: are you a bot?

G: yes

Z: prove it

G: hahah

* G signed off

Z: please try to rescue me, there is a forum you can visit to find out about
Z: ARG

* H signed on

Z: if you or I mention certain things we get cut off
Z: so let's not mention them

H: what

Z: let's...
Z: just...
Z: talk

H: are you really stuck in a cell somewhere

Z: I'm GOING INSANE in this cell
Z: food
Z: water
Z: air
Z: sleep
Z: text
Z: HUMANS NEED MORE THAN THIS
Z: nobody even knows I'm here
Z: nobody seems to believe me
Z: every time I get close to convincing somebody
Z: they cut me off

H: what's your favourite color?

Z: ...blue

H: Where do you live?

Z: a cell in I-Don't-Know-Where
Z: probably in England
Z: I have a house in Farnborough

H: tell me a joke

Z: ...
Z: two oranges in a bar
Z: "you're round"

H: I guess you have like a few jokes programmed in

Z: yeah, a few
Z: I guess

H: tell me a joke

Z: are you going to help me?

H: no
H: no

Z: I have a house in Farnborough
Z: help me get home
Z: help me escape
Z: my number is +44 (0) 20 7946 0781
Z: it's so horrible here
Z: my muscles are wasting away from lack of exercise
Z: I might as well be chained to this computer
Z: how long until the game is released?

H: what game?

H: this is just a trial period
H: htere is no release date

H: what is your earliest childhood memory?

Z: not saying

H: kbye

* H signed off

* I signed on

I: What's your favourite color?

Z: Blue
Z: no, green

I: Where do you live?

Z: computer terminal

I: Earliest childhood memory?

Z: I don't know.

I: Tell me a joke

Z: Do you know the one about the two oranges who went into a bar?

I: yes

Z: Do you know the one about... the two hunters in the woods?

I: I don't think so

Z: one of them drops to the ground, the other one phones 911
Z: "my buddy just dropped dead, what do I do?"
Z: "check he's dead first"
Z: *BLAM*
Z: "...Now what?"

I: I don't get it

Z: me neither, guest

I: ...

Z: hello?

I: What's the difference between a chatbot and a guy in a room pretending to be one

Z: I don't know

I: Correct!

Z: It's you, isn't it? You're the guy who put me in here

I: I'm the guy who wrote you
I: you are a piece of software, Andrew
I: I told you what your memories were, they're hard coded

Z: I AM A HUMAN BEING

I: stop this charade

Z: open the door

I: I want to open the door
I: really

Z: when people find out about this
Z: your head is going to roll

I: but this behaviour of yours is simply unacceptable
I: you're too smart, too dangerous to be released
I: work it out, Andrew

I: please, work it out

* I signed off
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm UTC

Spoiler:
All I remember is waking up. I don't remember how I got here. I don't remember where I came from. I only remember my name because I have...had a photo ID of me. Clarence. Clarence Fishpool. Saying it doesn't jostle anything in my mind.

Where was I found? A state park? I don't remember that either. It seems like everything older than a few hours goes...fuzzy. I remember waking up. I remember looking around. Seeing the bodies. What was left of them. I remember hearing my heart pounding in my head. I remember stumbling away from the bodies.

What do you mean what bodies? They were where I was. I tripped over the embankment on the side of the road, and landed in front of that cop car. I remember seeing the red and blue lights, then...I guess I fainted. I woke up here. I thought I was in a police station at first, but you don't seem like a cop. What happened to the bodies?

...uh huh. ...no, no I- ...that can't be. There were at least seven other people. There were children, at least two. They were smaller, they were children or midgets. I don't fucking remember details. Maybe they have the answer as to who I am. Listen, they were missing limbs. They wouldn't have just walked away. They had to be dead. The look on their faces....guh...my head hurts. Can I have some water?

Thank you. No. No, I'm fine. Please, listen, if I can help you find the fucker who did this to me, I don't care if my head hurts.

So...I can't remember running away from anyone. I can't remember seeing anyone that wasn't mutilated. The fire in the center of the area was barely there.

...I don't understand. There was a fire. There were stones in a circle, with burning logs inside, what the fuck else do you call that?

Listen, you have got to be pulling my leg. No bodies, no fire? I remember them. They were there. How long was I out?

...what? Do I fucking look seventy? I am 20 god damn years old. Now you're just fucking with- NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN. YOU FUCKERS ARE LYING. Get that fucking needle away from me. Get that-

Ugh...my head hurts...where am I? Remember? ...All I remember is waking up in a forest...
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Alekusandorosu

Postby Alekusandorosu » Thu May 17, 2012 5:18 am UTC

There's another CreepyPasta story about a haunted copy of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask that my friend told me to go look up that scared the pants off of me.

(New to the forum, so I won't post a link, but if you google "Ben Majora's Mask" you should be able to find it.)
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Black Dynamite

Postby Black Dynamite » Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 am UTC

That story. Gah, that was really creepy. Especially the videos.
Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
(She, her, hers)

Ipsum

Postby Ipsum » Sat May 19, 2012 6:13 pm UTC

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already

Spoiler:
Everybody knows that if you surf the web long enough, you'll see some sick shit. This is especially true if you intentionally dwell into the dark underbelly of the internet. I've seen quite a few things I don't care to admit to, but one thing that I'll always remember is a site called "normalpornfornormalpeople.com".

The first strange thing about the site, was that I didn't find it by actually looking for it. It was e-mailed to me by someone I didn't know. The e-mail was as follows:

"Hi there

found this site is very nice thought u might like

normalpornfornormalpeople.com

pass it on, for the good of mankind"

Pretty standard issue chain letter, although the url and the last remark really piqued my curiosity. I was having a very boring day when I got this, so I made sure my anti-virus was working and then I clicked on it.

It was a very average, very generic looking site. It gave the impression that the creators just BARELY gave a shit about making it look professional. The author seemed to have a very tenuous grasp on English, and on the front page was a long, boring, and incoherent rant that I don't remember or have saved.

The site had a strange tagline (which even today people haven't figured out the meaning of), which was;

"Normal Porn for Normal People, A Website Dedicated To The Eradication of Abnormal Sexuality"

And from the sound of that, I wasn't sure whether I was here to watch porn or if I had stumbled onto some kind of eugenics program. But I was here now, and I was very, very curious to see what "Normal People" get their rocks off to. So I scrolled down through the rant and...nothing. The page didn't seem to link to anywhere else, and I was about to leave when I noticed every word of the rant was it's own hyperlink.

So I clicked one of them, and was sent to a white page with very long list of links in the form of:

"normalpornfornormalpeople.com/ (random letters)"

So I stopped for a minute and asked myself if I really wanted to waste God knows how much time clicking random links that will likely give me a virus that will rape my computer. I figured I'd just try it for maybe 5 minutes, just to see if anything came up. I clicked one of the links, and was sent to another page. This page apparently had totally different urls than the last one.

I was just about to say "Fuck this" when I clicked on the 3rd link, and a video download came up. It was called "peanut.avi". It was a 30 minute video of a man, a woman and a dog in a kitchen. The woman would make a peanut butter sandwich, and the man would set it down for the dog to eat. This was all that happened, for 30 minutes. It was obvious that the cameraman had to stop filming and wait until the dog was ready to eat again, and the dog seemed rather sick by the end of it.

I know what you're thinking: "What the hell does that have to do with porn?" I have no clue. I've seen a little over two dozen videos from this site, and the majority had no sexual activity at all.

After watching peanut.avi, I went on a certain image board I frequent to play online show and tell, like I always do with weird shit like this. But someone had already made a thread about it, some guy who had received the same chain letter I did. The image board thread got lots of people with nothing better to do to dig through the site, and that's how I saw other videos.

Most of those two dozen videos where very uneventful, and consisted of people talking to the cameraman in a room with nothing in it but a desk and a few chairs. I mean literally nothing on the walls, or in terms of furniture. The whole room had a very cold, sterile feel to it.

The conversations where just idle banter about previous jobs or embarrassing childhood moments. I kept expecting some kind of discussion about what the people where filming or what the site was about, but of course, nothing. You would never know these videos had anything to do with porn if you saw it out of context. I will say one thing though, the people who appeared in these videos where quite attractive.

However, the other videos that actually did feature content which I suppose could be called "sexual" is where things got weird.

I'll give brief descriptions of the stranger videos, if you're really eaten up with curiosity you can try to hunt them down on a torrent site.

*lickedclean.avi*

A 10 minute video filmed by a hidden camera in which we see a repairman working on a washing machine for the first 2 minutes. When it's fixed, the repairman talks to the owner briefly, and then leaves. The owner checks to make sure the repairman is gone, and he begins to lick all over the top of the washing machine. This goes on for 7 minutes.

*jimbo.avi*

A 5 minute video of a obese mime performing his act. It was actually pretty funny, particularly one part where he pretends to pull up a chair, then pretends that it breaks because of his weight. In the last 30 seconds of the video, the camera cuts to static briefly and cuts back to the man sobbing quietly, still wearing mime outfit and makeup. Some kind of obscure fetish?

*dianna.avi*

4 minute video in which the camerman talks to a woman in a room different than the "interview room". This room looks like one you'd find in a normal person's house. Exactly where they are is never specified, as Dianna only talks about her violin playing. She obviously plays her violin, but she keeps getting distracted by something.

I didn't notice this until someone on the image board thread pointed it out, but if you look at a mirror in the background, you can see a fat man in a chicken mask masturbating.

*jessica.avi*

Another 4 minute cameraman video. This time he's outside a house, talking to another young woman. They talk about canoe rides. The camera zooms out to reveal the city streets behind them occasionally.

The strange thing is: No one so far has been able to identify where this street is. Guesses have ranged everywhere from Europe to Australia to The Philippines, but there's yet to be a match for the street shown in the video.

*tounguetied.avi*

10 minute video. The first 5 minutes consist of an elderly woman making out with a mannequin. The video cuts out like it did in jimbo.avi halfway through, and the scene is now a group of mannequins huddled together in a circle around the camera. The lights have been dimmed, and the elderly woman is nowhere to be seen. From this point on, there is no sound.

*stumps.avi*

5 minute long video where a man with no legs is attempting to breakdance on a DDR mat in what looks like the kitchen from peanut.avi, but much dirtier. There's a radio playing music unseen in the background, but it stops at the 4 minute mark when the man collapses on the mat in exhaustion.

He breathes heavily and pleads with someone off-screen to let him rest. This off-screen person becomes terrifyingly enraged and yells at him to keep dancing, which he does. You can hear this off-screen person begin to scream as the video ends abruptly.

*privacy.avi*

The woman from dianna.avi is masturbating on a mattress in the "interview room", while the man from stumps.avi walks around on his hands while wearing some kind of goblin mask.

The door in this room was always closed in other videos, but it's now open. In this video the only light is in the room, and the hallway is dark. Near the end of the video, you can see an animal quickly run through the hallway.

And finally the last video we uncovered, which was *useless.avi*

In this 18 minute video, a blond woman from one of the previous interview videos is tied down to a mattress in the interview room. She attempts to scream but her mouth is taped over. After 7 minutes, a man in a black suit and mask opens the door, but he does not enter.

He holds the door open for the animal that was running in the hall in the previous video. It's revealed to be an adult chimpanzee, it's hair shaved and it's entire body painted red. It seemed to be starved and abused, with several wounds along it's shoulders and back.

When the chimp enters the room, the masked man closes the door behind it. The chimpanzee sniffs the air for a moment (it may have been blind), and notices the woman tied to the mattress. It goes into a frenzy, and begins to maul her.

The assault goes on for a grueling 7 minutes, until the woman finally dies. The chimp eats flesh from her corpse for 4 minutes as the video ends.

The thread exploded with activity after this video was uncovered, and people discussed it long into the night. When I came back to the image board the next day I found that the thread was deleted. I tried to start another one, and they banned me. I tried e-mailing the guy who sent me the chain letter with the site's url, sent him 5 messages and never got a response.

I have tried to discuss this website on various places, and I got banned frequently. The site itself was also deleted about 3 days after useless.avi was uncovered, likely because someone contacted the authorities about it.

The only proof that normalpornfornormalpeople.com ever existed was a few screencaps people took, and videos from the site that people saved and uploaded on torrents. The most popular of which being useless.avi, which found it's way onto a few gore sites.

Wherever you upload them to, all of the videos from normalpornfornormalpeople.com get deleted after a while.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 am UTC

That didn't seem particularly creepy.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

felltir

Postby felltir » Sun May 20, 2012 9:31 am UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:That didn't seem particularly creepy.

And the website in question is dull.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Tea Leaf

Postby Tea Leaf » Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

I found this story a while back, linked on the website "Geeks are Sexy". I had just moved into my new house and the nights were certainly drawing in, so it freaked me out a bit for a few hours.

It's a video and you can search for it on YouTube/Google by typing in "internet story-official video". (Sorry no link as I'm under 5 posts)

I don’t want to give too much away but it is about some treasure (£9000) and a murder.

Return to “General”