A Simple Plan

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shoofle

A Simple Plan

Postby Shoofle » Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 am UTC

I've got a simple plan: ummm... No, wait, I don't. Teen angst is bad enough by itself, but it is better when parodied in the musical form. Discovering that funny music is, in fact, serious, is a sad thing. I don't know what to say! Also, the tape player (I guess that's what it is) kind of looks like a cross between an iron and an old fashioned telephone.

DISCUSS OR DIE!

Frankeinstein

Postby Frankeinstein » Thu May 04, 2006 1:22 am UTC

The comic was very confusing at first. Then I realized A simple plan is a band and that the record player wasn't an answering machine or a telephone.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Thu May 04, 2006 2:55 am UTC

Yay! I got to listen to the 30 second sample on iTunes just to know what the comic was about. I can feel myself turning into an old fart even as I type this.

Once the transition is complete, I'm hoping my cynicism will provide the fuel I need to formulate the plan that will allow me to callously profit from the lucrative teen angst demographic.

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 am UTC

They're right, you know. I really don't know what it's like to make obscene amounts of money just for playing ridiculous music
Hi. I'm from Massachusetts.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 am UTC

Taken in a Nietzchien context, perhaps the band is saying that none of us truly know our fellow man, except through the realm of society, which is imperfect because it is at least one and probably more layers removed from Kant's Kingdom of Nature.

Or maybe I just like ascribing German philosophical references to bands in the hopes that people will be too overwhelmed by the prospect of culture to listen to them any more...

James

Postby James » Fri May 05, 2006 12:01 am UTC

Nietzche? What does this look like, forums.qwantz.com or something?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Shoofle

Postby Shoofle » Fri May 05, 2006 2:54 am UTC

Actually, it does, a little bit. Only a little bit, though - same coloring approximately is all.

davean
Site Ninja

Postby davean » Sat May 06, 2006 6:00 pm UTC

Shoofle wrote:Actually, it does, a little bit. Only a little bit, though - same coloring approximately is all.

Give me a week ... I'll break that tie.

aluinnsearlait

Postby aluinnsearlait » Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 am UTC

i was going to write something profound about applying theology and history to daily life, and then i popped the mint that came with my StarKist tuna "Lunch to Go" into my mouth.

think Lysol and peppermint, with a side of blue.

heinous and godawful. never eat them. :shock:

Return to “General”