Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Tyaust
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:59 am UTC
Location: Hiding in the Canadian Wilderness
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Tyaust » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

Today I learned that getting your wisdom teeth removed isn't as agonizing as what most people say it is like. All I have is a stiff jaw right now that's tender and I haven't used any Ibuprofen yet today. (Wisdom teeth were removed yesterday)

Vincent91
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Vincent91 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:56 pm UTC

Tyaust wrote:Today I learned that getting your wisdom teeth removed isn't as agonizing as what most people say it is like. All I have is a stiff jaw right now that's tender and I haven't used any Ibuprofen yet today. (Wisdom teeth were removed yesterday)


It might depend on the person and how the surgery goes, I guess. I know some people who though it was horrible. I didn't find it painful either, but I did find the profuse bleeding (on the first day) and the swelling that made me look like a squirrel somewhat annoying.

Kaliayev
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Kaliayev » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm UTC

Today I learnt exactly how different Swiss and "High" German are.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Today I Learned

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm UTC

Today I learned that 3 days ago, the sun farted in our general direction.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:41 am UTC

Light a match!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
LeagueOfMorons
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 10:40 pm UTC
Location: Muscatine, IA

Re: Today I Learned

Postby LeagueOfMorons » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am UTC

TIL: Getting a flat tire sucks. Bumming rides from co-workers all day to try to fix said tire sucks more. And waiting around like a middle-schooler for a ride home from work sucks the most. [/rant]
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin And Hobbes

I write about music and stuff. You know, just for fun. You can read what I write here: http://relativepitchmusic.blogspot.com

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:04 am UTC

TIL*: Wakeboarding is really hard. Or, possibly, I'm terrible at wakeboarding.

*More like a couple days ago, but who's counting?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
PatrickRsGhost
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:26 am UTC

Vincent91 wrote:
Tyaust wrote:Today I learned that getting your wisdom teeth removed isn't as agonizing as what most people say it is like. All I have is a stiff jaw right now that's tender and I haven't used any Ibuprofen yet today. (Wisdom teeth were removed yesterday)


It might depend on the person and how the surgery goes, I guess. I know some people who though it was horrible. I didn't find it painful either, but I did find the profuse bleeding (on the first day) and the swelling that made me look like a squirrel somewhat annoying.


Also depends on how much Novocaine your dentist uses, and if he/she offers Nitrous, or if you went with an oral surgeon and they used a local anesthetic.

I have been having some teeth removed over the past year due to neglect on my part for over the last 12 years. Hadn't been to a dentist since I graduated high school, up until April of last year. He said I needed to have 12 or 13 teeth removed, including all wisdom teeth. It was harder on me because some time back in the 12 years I was neglectful of my teeth, the wisdoms broke off partially, right down to the gum. The roots were still there. Last Wednesday I had 3 teeth removed on the lower right, one of them being one of the wisdom teeth. And oh, my brothers and sisters, it HURT. The dentist had to uproot the tooth before he could pull it out. The other two weren't as bad.

TIL: The formula in Excel that allows you to count the cells in a row or column that contain dates within a set range.
PRG

An important message for you:

010000100110010100100000011100110
111010101110010011001010010000001
110100011011110010000001100101011
000010111010000100000011110010110
111101110101011100100010000001100
010011000010110001101101111011011
1000101110

User avatar
Zarq
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 pm UTC
Location: Third Rock from Earth's Yellow Sun

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Zarq » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm UTC

TIL Emma Watson cut her hair short. I'm really hoping this does not become a fashion hype.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Oregonaut » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:49 pm UTC

...teaching people in the office how to make napalm at work is a quick way to get your supervisor's attention.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Kang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 pm UTC

Today I learned: before spending the entire day sifting through three thousand lines of code of a program reading a dataset for mistakes it would have been a good idea to verify that the dataset itself isn't the problem.

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm UTC

Today I learnt that Lost Girls (a rather pornographic funnybook by Alan Moore, think 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' except with Victorian Erotica rather than Victorian Literature) was lettered by Todd Klein. Todd Klein, the, you know, greatest letterer ever. This surprises me. (although it shouldn't, I guess, it's brilliant lettering).

I also learnt what a Mekner burner is (see picture on this page) and that it isn't the same as a bunsen burner. Also, it is meant to have more bits than the one we used in the lab did. I am rather proud of myself for thinking to replace that particular part with masking tape, though. Even if one professor walked in saw what we were up to, and then backed out quickly. And even if the lecturer in charge of the lab just cracked up laughing when he saw what we were doing. Didn't stop us, though.

Also I learnt that gaseous hydrochloric acid tastes really rather icky. Gah.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

User avatar
viscusanima
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am UTC
Location: Cyprus!

Re: Today I Learned

Postby viscusanima » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

Today I learned that hell is an eternity spent stacking and restacking warehouse shelves with toilet rolls, sanitary towels and incontinence nappies.

User avatar
XKCDeviant
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:33 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby XKCDeviant » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:19 pm UTC

Today after not programing since my early teens (in qbasic, lol) I learnt that I had forgot most of it and that the most annoying thing about vb is trying to figure out how to print quotes. I actually ended up with: ""[random quote]""" & InputStr

three double quote marks?

and to all the python and other languages I can't code users... I'm sorry for only knowing vb, but it got what I was looking to do done in an hour, which is a lot less time then it would have been to learn an entirely new language

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Today I Learned

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:23 pm UTC

You should learn Matlab code. And then, Embedded Matlab code.

Incoherent rage guaranteed.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm UTC

viscusanima wrote:Today I learned that hell is an eternity spent stacking and restacking warehouse shelves with toilet rolls, sanitary towels and incontinence nappies.

The truth of this rests on exactly one question: New or used?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
viscusanima
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am UTC
Location: Cyprus!

Re: Today I Learned

Postby viscusanima » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:
viscusanima wrote:Today I learned that hell is an eternity spent stacking and restacking warehouse shelves with toilet rolls, sanitary towels and incontinence nappies.

The truth of this rests on exactly one question: New or used?


Well, in my short experience of hell, they were (fortunately) new. However, there were cockroaches, dead ones admittedly, but lots of them. Also dirt. So much dirt. My hands were black two hours in. Also I was told to put the sanitary towels in one place, unboxed, yesterday, then after unboxing a load of stuff today, I was told to put everything back in boxes, and that the sanitary towels needed to be put on a shelf on the other side of the room, over a chasm of junk. I had to not only rebox an entire range of nappies, I also had to move that entire range from one shelf to another. Twice.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Vieto » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm UTC

PatrickRsGhost wrote:
Vincent91 wrote:
Tyaust wrote:Today I learned that getting your wisdom teeth removed isn't as agonizing as what most people say it is like. All I have is a stiff jaw right now that's tender and I haven't used any Ibuprofen yet today. (Wisdom teeth were removed yesterday)


It might depend on the person and how the surgery goes, I guess. I know some people who though it was horrible. I didn't find it painful either, but I did find the profuse bleeding (on the first day) and the swelling that made me look like a squirrel somewhat annoying.


Also depends on how much Novocaine your dentist uses, and if he/she offers Nitrous, or if you went with an oral surgeon and they used a local anesthetic.

I have been having some teeth removed over the past year due to neglect on my part for over the last 12 years. Hadn't been to a dentist since I graduated high school, up until April of last year. He said I needed to have 12 or 13 teeth removed, including all wisdom teeth. It was harder on me because some time back in the 12 years I was neglectful of my teeth, the wisdoms broke off partially, right down to the gum. The roots were still there. Last Wednesday I had 3 teeth removed on the lower right, one of them being one of the wisdom teeth. And oh, my brothers and sisters, it HURT. The dentist had to uproot the tooth before he could pull it out. The other two weren't as bad.

TIL: The formula in Excel that allows you to count the cells in a row or column that contain dates within a set range.


I woke up during my wisdom tooth operation (not enough to open my eyes or talk or anything, but enough to fully comprehend what was going on, to hear, and to feel the drills)... it was awesome!

angelfire
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:39 am UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby angelfire » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 pm UTC

TIL that cotton balls are not anti-static and that 3% peroxide solution is 97% water and that i probably shouldn't use them to clean my laptop

stevey_frac
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby stevey_frac » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm UTC

angelfire wrote:TIL that cotton balls are not anti-static and that 3% peroxide solution is 97% water and that i probably shouldn't use them to clean my laptop


Water isn't the end of the world for a laptop, if it was off at the time. Be sure to allow it plenty of time to dry before attempting to turn it on.

In a pinch, remove the harddrive, put it in an open plastic bag, place the whole assembly in a closed plastic bag with some rice in it. The rice will absorb the water, and safely dry out the hard drive, so you can remove data from it.

This also works for SD cards that you run through the washing machine by accident.

:D

angelfire
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:39 am UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby angelfire » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

Water isn't the end of the world for a laptop, if it was off at the time. Be sure to allow it plenty of time to dry before attempting to turn it on.

In a pinch, remove the harddrive, put it in an open plastic bag, place the whole assembly in a closed plastic bag with some rice in it. The rice will absorb the water, and safely dry out the hard drive, so you can remove data from it.

This also works for SD cards that you run through the washing machine by accident.


well, it was on and i was cleaning the touchpad, keyboard and the general surface with it
also, I am posting from said laptop, so its pretty much okay right now ;p

TIL that baking cashews with cumin+tumeric+butter makes for a really nice snack

User avatar
fizzgig
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 am UTC
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Today I Learned

Postby fizzgig » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 am UTC

stevey_frac wrote:
angelfire wrote:TIL that cotton balls are not anti-static and that 3% peroxide solution is 97% water and that i probably shouldn't use them to clean my laptop


Water isn't the end of the world for a laptop, if it was off at the time. Be sure to allow it plenty of time to dry before attempting to turn it on.

In a pinch, remove the harddrive, put it in an open plastic bag, place the whole assembly in a closed plastic bag with some rice in it. The rice will absorb the water, and safely dry out the hard drive, so you can remove data from it.

This also works for SD cards that you run through the washing machine by accident.

:D


Fridges are also good for drying things. Although you'd probably have to forgo the closed plastic bag.

So I hear anyway.

Vincent91
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Vincent91 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:48 pm UTC

Today I Learned that these fora have a "View first unread post" button next to the title of every thread.

User avatar
Cloud Walker
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 am UTC
Location: Midwest, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Cloud Walker » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 pm UTC

Vincent91 wrote:Today I Learned that these fora have a "View first unread post" button next to the title of every thread.


It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. - Amelia Burr

I make pretty pictures!: Photography & Video Production

Vincent91
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Vincent91 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:12 am UTC

Really, yeah. I would probably never have found out about it had the server succeeded in sending me the icon, but instead I got the alt text "View first unread post" in front of every thread name.
Yay for intertubes failures.

User avatar
Dasboard
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm UTC
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Dasboard » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:37 am UTC

Cloud Walker wrote:
Vincent91 wrote:Today I Learned that these fora have a "View first unread post" button next to the title of every thread.


It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?


Woah. Neat!
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

User avatar
Promicin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:47 am UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Promicin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 pm UTC

TIL my mom (with whom I share a computer) doesn't know how to delete IE's history. I go in there to find a game I played yesterday, only to discover that she has been researching Extenze. Um, ew, Mom. I didn't need to know that your boyfriend... needs that. Brain bleach, please.

Nordic Einar
Posts: 783
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:21 am UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Nordic Einar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm UTC

That the phrase "Nope, you're all set" actually means "You have to go sign your promissory note again or you'll eventually be deregistered of all classes without warning and forced to skip a semester of college".

Also that Cheryl Of The Financial Aid Office has the patience, poise, and tolerance for abuse that Saints of old would have envied. I'm deeply sorry, Cheryl. :oops:

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 pm UTC

Promicin wrote:TIL my mom (with whom I share a computer) doesn't know how to delete IE's history. I go in there to find a game I played yesterday, only to discover that she has been researching Extenze. Um, ew, Mom. I didn't need to know that your boyfriend... needs that. Brain bleach, please.

What, you've never researched wacky shit you know's a scam just to see how many people think it's a scam or whatever?

Yes, I'm trying to give you a completely legitimate reason.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

TIL:

Moonwalking down a hallway while reading a document and listening to someone talk to you while walking normally next to you is a good way to get someone to drop a tray of sterilized medical equipment in the OR staging area.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Plasma Man
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 am UTC
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Plasma Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:19 pm UTC

Today I learned that I am the most flexible member of my immediate family. I'm surprised I'm bendier than my brother, he's younger and thinner.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

saxmaniac1987
Can't spell sex
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:58 pm UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby saxmaniac1987 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:TIL:

Moonwalking down a hallway while reading a document and listening to someone talk to you while walking normally next to you is a good way to get someone to drop a tray of sterilized medical equipment in the OR staging area.


Yeah but that still sounds awesome.
"A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

I did it on a dare. The young lady mentioned that I was dressed like MJ, but that, due to overwhelming whiteness, I could not likely moonwalk for her. I immediately about-faced while walking by her side and started moonwalking down the hall. The person in the OR staging area saw me, gawked, tripped, and sent a tray of RME flying. Fortunately nothing sharp.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Today I Learned

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 pm UTC

That's rather fantastic :D
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Cloud Walker
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:37 am UTC
Location: Midwest, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Cloud Walker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm UTC

YIL that a fair amount of sunglasses are bad for driving, blocking peripheral vision and the ability to check blind spots. $10 down the drain.

So, I gotta be wary of plastic view-blocking sunglasses, and I gotta avoid metal-framed sunglasses due to a nickel allergy. Then out of what's leftover (practically nil) I have to find something remotely like a style I would wear and not ridiculously expensive (>$20). This is frustrating.
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die. - Amelia Burr

I make pretty pictures!: Photography & Video Production

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Today I Learned

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm UTC

Can you coat the nickel on the sunglasses in clear nail varnish? It'll rub off eventually and cause skin irritation again but it could be worth a try.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:03 pm UTC

Or get something like
Image
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Slavaa
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:59 pm UTC
Location: A certain Island, named after a certain Prince Edward

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Slavaa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:15 am UTC

Yesterday, I learned that my grandmother's grandmotherly psychic powers lose no effect over Facebook.

Yeah, my grandmother uses Facebook.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Levi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 am UTC

Cloud Walker wrote:YIL that a fair amount of sunglasses are bad for driving, blocking peripheral vision and the ability to check blind spots. $10 down the drain.

So, I gotta be wary of plastic view-blocking sunglasses, and I gotta avoid metal-framed sunglasses due to a nickel allergy. Then out of what's leftover (practically nil) I have to find something remotely like a style I would wear and not ridiculously expensive (>$20). This is frustrating.


What happens when you handle change? According to Wikipedia, nickels are 25% nickel. Is that enough for an allergic reaction? Sorry for being so off-topic, but I'm curious.

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: Today I Learned

Postby tastelikecoke » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 am UTC

fizzgig wrote:
stevey_frac wrote:
angelfire wrote:TIL that cotton balls are not anti-static and that 3% peroxide solution is 97% water and that i probably shouldn't use them to clean my laptop


Water isn't the end of the world for a laptop, if it was off at the time. Be sure to allow it plenty of time to dry before attempting to turn it on.

In a pinch, remove the harddrive, put it in an open plastic bag, place the whole assembly in a closed plastic bag with some rice in it. The rice will absorb the water, and safely dry out the hard drive, so you can remove data from it.

This also works for SD cards that you run through the washing machine by accident.

:D


Fridges are also good for drying things. Although you'd probably have to forgo the closed plastic bag.

So I hear anyway.


Talking about water, last time my cellphone was completely soaked of a liquid (since I question that it's water) It's still working while it's dripping mysterious liquid. It happened when left it in my bag at sleep, I woke up to find my bag was partially soaked.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests