Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

K-R

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby K-R » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Because that would completely invalidate the sale, and you would have an even stronger foot to stand on with respect to cancelling it for a full refund, minus, as I mentioned, the money you paid reshipping it.

Given that the shipping was tracked, he can prove it arrived. I can't prove I sent it back (unless I also pay for tracking, which just keeps costing me money).

It makes no sense for it to be a scam, but it makes no sense for it not to be a scam either.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm UTC

... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

K-R

Postby K-R » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:05 pm UTC

Well, he responded on PayPal. No lawsuit threats, but he's accusing me of being a con artist, referring to me in the third person because he thinks PayPal is actually involved at this point, and essentially just keeps repeating that I refuse to return the DVDs therefore I'm guilty of fraud. Which is...not how fraud works. I bought a thing, and legally own it. FFS.

Also, turns out he misspelt his own name on either the address label or his PayPal account, since the two don't match. What a dolt.

And now he's responded again. And again. He hasn't actually said anything different to the first message yet, and keeps referring to the DVDs with the phrase "my property", which they fucking aren't.

Also claims I "never tried to resolve", despite the weeks I've spent doing exactly that.

And now he's responded yet again, this time to claim I'm lying about the box not having arrived, by only showing the shipping label he used through the Global Shipping Program to ship to Kentucky, and omitting the label that shipped internationally. I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean, but I can pretty clearly show us both agreeing on exactly what arrived where, so...

After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please send the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for postage and packing costs.

So not only am I out of pocket on this, that asshole gets exactly what he wanted.

Fucking bullshit.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:16 pm UTC

K-R wrote:
After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please send the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for postage and packing costs.

So not only am I out of pocket on this, that asshole gets exactly what he wanted.

Fucking bullshit.
Well, you have to pay to send the stuff back, but the guy has to refund you, and you can leave a terrible seller review. You're both out the money spent shipping this stuff around, which does of course suck for you, to be certain.

One of the perks to using Amazon I'd say, as they reimburse shipping for both seller and buyer.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

K-R

Postby K-R » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

...and now he's messaging me on eBay again.
like i said before because you believe you should be able to keep my property i have filed a claim against you on paypal...since you have threatened me this is the only way for me to verify the contents are inside if you return my property...i will offer you 7.50 reinbursement for the box to get rid of this orderal and settle it so i know the shipping is expensive so i will give you one more chance i will offer you 7.50 for the missing box...i do not know why it was returned to me in the first place by customs...again because of your threats i have taken the steps to protect myself from fraud...if you choose to return the package make sure its all there do not try to take [discs] out and keep them...i will tell your bank about your threats in the email i was the only one trying to resolve this issue.

Wow. That is a truly impressive level of crazy.

Izawwlgood wrote:Well, you have to pay to send the stuff back, but the guy has to refund you, and you can leave a terrible seller review.

Reviews are limited to 80 characters, so I can't. I already did my best, though. Had to be a bit vague about what did and didn't ship in order to mention the legal threats, and couldn't drop any adjectives around "3% refund".

You're both out the money spent shipping this stuff around, which does of course suck for you, to be certain.

I paid him to ship it to me in the first place, and now I have to pay to ship it back. I'm not seeing how he's out anything in this exchange.

So, two questions: how much will it cost to ship, and how much can I flog it for on eBay?

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:19 pm UTC

K-R wrote:Reviews are limited to 80 characters, so I can't. I already did my best, though. Had to be a bit vague about what did and didn't ship in order to mention the legal threats, and couldn't drop any adjectives around "3% refund".
"Item not as described. Threatened with legal action multiple times over dispute."?

Not the best, but... uh... succinct?

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

"Item not as described. Refused to remedy. Accused me of stealing."
65 characters.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 pm UTC

I tried to find the answer in this thread but there's a lot on the topic so maybe I missed it.

Did you ask him if he could just send you the box in a followup package? If he expects you to eat the cost of shipping to return the discs to fix the problem, surely he could eat the cost of shipping the box to you to fix the problem. Maybe offer to reimburse him half the cost of shipping upon arrival of the box? That way if it really was an honest mistake by customs (which it really doesn't sound like it is, but just in case) you could get your full product, the two of you could split the cost of the screwup, and the onus is on him to prove that he really did have the box in the first place, and to get it to you, before you send him anything more, instead of the other way around.

Not that I expect that would work because it sounds like some kind of scam, but it'd be my first offer to him.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

K-R

Postby K-R » Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:Did you ask him if he could just send you the box in a followup package?

Repeatedly. He refused to do so unless I paid him for shipping. Up front.

Heard back from him on eBay again, because he's impatient and doesn't understand timezones:
when i tried to settle all this week you made no counter offers just negativity

$62.50 to ship it back, for a refund of $157. That's absurd.

Sytri

Postby Sytri » Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 am UTC

K-R wrote:$62.50 to ship it back, for a refund of $157. That's absurd.

Can't you just sell it on to someone else, get some money back but have the shipping paid? Not ideal but less of a cash loss? How much would they go for minus the box?
Apathy will kill us all. Or not. Whatever.

K-R

Postby K-R » Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 am UTC

Yeah, selling them on eBay is going to be the less expensive option, easy.

the box is worth nothing...your not getting anymore money it was an outerbox and its worth nothing the dvds are worth money...i did my best to rectifty the situation you just are not letting me know what you want to do.

Annoying as this is, at least he's stupid and crazy enough to be amusing.

He also said something about me giving him the silent treatment, because I didn't respond to the message he sent at 4AM until several hours later.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu May 01, 2014 2:31 pm UTC

K-R - USE THE FUCKING EDIT BUTTON

Oooooo.. a modrequest AND a rant! A twofer!

(seriously, that's the only reason it's in all caps and uses profanity. 'cause it's funnier that way, being in the rant thread.)
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Wonderbolt

Postby Wonderbolt » Thu May 01, 2014 4:21 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:"Item not as described. Refused to remedy. Accused me of stealing."
65 characters.

Review golf should be a thing.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm UTC

Wonderbolt wrote:
SurgicalSteel wrote:"Item not as described. Refused to remedy. Accused me of stealing."
65 characters.

This would be a great party game if you included other media.

"Ok, Objectivist critique of A Scanner Darkley in 100 characters or less. Go!"
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 01, 2014 4:45 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:
Wonderbolt wrote:
65 characters.

This would be a great party game if you included other media.

"Ok, Objectivist critique of A Scanner Darkley in 100 characters or less. Go!"

Someone should make a game of this in the game sub-forum.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm UTC

I will do it!

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Fri May 02, 2014 8:57 pm UTC

POLLEN VORTEX FUCK

ALSO UPPER RESPIRATORY ILLNESS FUCK

Also asthma fuck and other people smoking fuck fuck and wearing perfume fuck fuck fuck.

That's, like, eight fucks. Too many fucks for a single week [per set of lungs].
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri May 02, 2014 9:00 pm UTC

I'd like to add my own "fuck" to the "people smoking" rant.

So sick of not being able to take one damn walk around my neighborhood without walking through at least one cloud of smoke, and if I didn't take pains to avoid more densely trafficked streets, at least once per block…

And this is in America. California in fact. I would probably die if I ever visited Europe.

Krealr

Postby Krealr » Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:I'd like to add my own "fuck" to the "people smoking" rant.

So sick of not being able to take one damn walk around my neighborhood without walking through at least one cloud of smoke, and if I didn't take pains to avoid more densely trafficked streets, at least once per block…

And this is in America. California in fact. I would probably die if I ever visited Europe.

I hate it when it's hot outside so I have the window open and a fan going. Then the neighbor starts smoking outside and the fan fills my entire house with toxic fumes. :x

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Fri May 02, 2014 9:06 pm UTC

It's not bad near home, but downtown is the shits. Everyone who smokes runs down to the street to light up. Around break time, it's insane.

I'm all for e-cigs because steam is easier on the lungs than smoke. (I don't mind that people are addicted to nicotine, I just wish they chose a less noxious delivery system.)
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 pm UTC

poxic wrote:It's not bad near home, but downtown is the shits. Everyone who smokes runs down to the street to light up. Around break time, it's insane.

I'm all for e-cigs because steam is easier on the lungs than smoke. (I don't mind that people are addicted to nicotine, I just wish they chose a less noxious delivery system.)

Does the exhaust from e-cigs (i.e. that people around the user would breath second-hand) contain nicotine or anything else, or is it just pure water vapor?

I too have absolutely no problem with whatever anybody puts into their body, I just have a problem when they start putting it into my body via the air we've all got to share.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri May 02, 2014 9:19 pm UTC

It contains nicotine, but it doesn't travel nearly as far as smoke. If someone's vaping in the seat next to you, you have to concentrate to smell it.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 pm UTC

I haven't been around e-cigs much (that I've noticed), but I have seen vapes used alongside/in place of joints. Vape output is very fragrant, but much easier to deal with. I still prefer my air to be additive-free, though.

Wonderbolt

Postby Wonderbolt » Fri May 02, 2014 10:01 pm UTC

I've been feeling a tightness in my chest all day. Worried it's DVT due to hormones. Am I going to die?

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 pm UTC

Valar morghulis
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:It contains nicotine, but it doesn't travel nearly as far as smoke. If someone's vaping in the seat next to you, you have to concentrate to smell it.

It also has a lot less random crap like tar in it which is the stuff which causes most of the badness with cigarettes. I'm still not happy if someone's vaping in an enclosed space with me (a guy was vaping in a pub I was in and the barmaid and several customers were staring daggers at him but he just carried on. Because he wasn't actually doing anything illegal the barmaid didn't end up doing anything, but he was annoying the hell out of quite a few people).
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am UTC

(By the way, Wonderbolt's fears have been soothed and she's off to bed by now*.)

* Seriously, Wb, if you aren't in bed yet, GO TO BED AND SLEEP.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
poxic wrote:It's not bad near home, but downtown is the shits. Everyone who smokes runs down to the street to light up. Around break time, it's insane.

Does the exhaust from e-cigs (i.e. that people around the user would breath second-hand) contain nicotine or anything else, or is it just pure water vapor?

I too have absolutely no problem with whatever anybody puts into their body, I just have a problem when they start putting it into my body via the air we've all got to share.
My understanding is that it's not really water vapour, but more like what you get from a theatrical smoke machine - propylene glycol, glycerin, and/or...some third thing I can't remember off the top of my head. Plus traces of nicotine and whatever flavoring there is in it. Not quite as harmless as pure water, but much better than cigarette smoke.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Wonderbolt

Postby Wonderbolt » Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 am UTC

poxic wrote:(By the way, Wonderbolt's fears have been soothed and she's off to bed by now*.)

* Seriously, Wb, if you aren't in bed yet, GO TO BED AND SLEEP.

Hey, I posted that before you reassured me in the other thread. :p Thanks though, I slept quite well. :)

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 am UTC

No rant, just a reply that came to my mind.
bigglesworth wrote:Valar morghulis
Spoiler:
I'm also kind of assuming bigglesworth's message was a reply too.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Sat May 03, 2014 9:53 am UTC

In High Valyrian, Valyria means "Manland". This is a rant of sorts.

Wonderbolt

Postby Wonderbolt » Sat May 03, 2014 10:00 am UTC

I have no idea where any of these countries are. :P

yurell

Postby yurell » Sat May 03, 2014 11:02 am UTC

In George R. R. Martin's fantasy world Song of Ice and Fire
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

addams

Postby addams » Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 pm UTC

I don't know about that guy's fantasy life.
I know about my Real Life.

I wrote a one page paper.
It took me days.

It was ok.
It was a Good FrameWork.

There was One hard copy and the copy inside the computer.
When the computer was taken, the document was taken.

Rewriting a thing like that is difficult or impossible.
I'll get different stuff in. Leave different stuff out.

The guy that has the one hard copy says he liked it.
No. He will not give me a copy. Damn!!
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sat May 03, 2014 5:39 pm UTC

Wonderbolt wrote:Hey, I posted that before you reassured me in the other thread. :p

I know, I was just reassuring people who thought you might still need reassuring. Because I needed to be reassured of that.

It's reassuring, you know?

addams

Postby addams » Sat May 03, 2014 5:53 pm UTC

poxic wrote:
Wonderbolt wrote:Hey, I posted that before you reassured me in the other thread. :p

I know, I was just reassuring people who thought you might still need reassuring. Because I needed to be reassured of that.

It's reassuring, you know?

That's reassuring.

This is not reassuring.
https://orders.lfb.org/LFL_7dollar_0214 ... geNumber=2
It's crazy internet stuff.

People believe that stuff!
Every word of if.

As if that were not a problem.
It makes me wonder.

How much of what I believe is as nuts as what everyone else believes?
Your Last Chance to Claim This Book for Just $7 Before the Government Issues Us a “Cease and Desist” Letter.

If we are going to be delusional;
Can't we have a better delusion?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Mon May 05, 2014 3:49 am UTC

When did body hair - as in back, chest and shoulders, and even arms these days - become something Bad for guys to have? Like unattractive and somehow gross. And why? What's so fantastic about hairlessness? Should I be shaving my shoulders, waxing them, wage a private, pathetic and futile war against Hair? Why? WHY I ASK YOU. I'm a mammal, dammit - not an amphibian. I grow hair. I shouldn't be made to feel ashamed about it. But it doesn't conform to the latest Sociocultural Standard now, so now I'm the accursed one. I'm Enkidu, or Esau. Possibly Cain, or a Werewolf. A pariah. Outcast. Shunned. Fuck that, I say! If someone doesn't like my hairs, that's their damn problem, not mine. I have enough problems as it is. I'm glad I'm not trying to play the romance game, trying to attract people, if they're so bloody superficial and trendy and absolutely blind to the irrelevant strings that make them think what they think. One day a man's supposed to be hairy, the next, not hairy, and on each day everyone just accepts that as some kind of universal truth, as if the day before (or the day next) never happened.

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 05, 2014 4:32 am UTC

Jave D wrote:When did body hair - as in back, chest and shoulders, and even arms these days - become something Bad for guys to have? Like unattractive and somehow gross. And why? What's so fantastic about hairlessness? Should I be shaving my shoulders, waxing them, wage a private, pathetic and futile war against Hair? Why? WHY I ASK YOU. I'm a mammal, dammit - not an amphibian. I grow hair. I shouldn't be made to feel ashamed about it. But it doesn't conform to the latest Sociocultural Standard now, so now I'm the accursed one. I'm Enkidu, or Esau. Possibly Cain, or a Werewolf. A pariah. Outcast. Shunned. Fuck that, I say! If someone doesn't like my hairs, that's their damn problem, not mine. I have enough problems as it is. I'm glad I'm not trying to play the romance game, trying to attract people, if they're so bloody superficial and trendy and absolutely blind to the irrelevant strings that make them think what they think. One day a man's supposed to be hairy, the next, not hairy, and on each day everyone just accepts that as some kind of universal truth, as if the day before (or the day next) never happened.

I'm a mammal, dammit - not an amphibian.

That is funny stuff, jave.

Such a good point.
Of course, I live in the same culture you live in.

I could give a shit what most people think of my hair.
Head or body. They do have opinions. So do I.

My nation suffers from Arrested Development.
Both the men and the women are shaving.

It is darned funny and a little creepy.
What lens to look through?

Dreams of our future from 50-60 years ago showed us some slick people.
Metrasexuals wear unitards, have cell-phones, and flat screen TV's with internet.

That's one way.
The other way is creepier.

They are pushing themselves to look on the outside what the Are on the inside.
They are pubescent and prepubescent children. And; They are adults. See?

It's, sort of, creepy. Unless that is your fetish or turn on, as it were.
Then it's not creepy, its sex. And, that's funny. As long as I can walk away.

No hair at all on those people.
The poor things.

One young man confided in me.
He was having troubles.

The poor baby.
He had shaved.

He was a Fur Ball, before.
Spoiler:
Bow your head Brother.
Let's take a moment for our poorly sheared Other Brothers.

Did it get him laid?
Yes. Yes, it did.

It got him a lot more than that.
With good medical care, he will be alright.

He got an infection.
The shaving caused a rash of some kind.

The rash became infected.
MRSA was everywhere that year.

Another big healthy young man, brought down by fashion.
Fashion and other people.

He would have never gotten into trouble, alone.
That kind of trouble can not be gotten into, alone.

That kind of trouble can not be gotten out of alone, either.
He needed antibiotics. Poor baby. He was not feeling well.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon May 05, 2014 9:16 am UTC

The condition of my hometown is so depressing, and it just keeps getting worse every time I come home to visit.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon May 05, 2014 3:42 pm UTC

Saw the amazing spiderman 2 over the weekend, but something is bothering me. (don't worry, no major spoliers)

In the beginning, with one of the classic "minor bad guy chase scene":

Bad guys hijack armored truck full of plutonium, presumably to steal it.

These orange, see through viles in a little glass case in the back of the truck are supposedly the "plutonium" Ok, i can forgive that for cinematic pruposes.

Upon opening said fancy case, a computer voice issues a warning to the crook that "plutonium is highly radioactive, and EXPLOSIVE."

What?!?! no. no it is not. for all intents and purposes, it is a metal. no more explosive than my desk, or the chair i am sitting on.

When there are poor, misguided people in this country that think lead is magnetic, and the earth is bigger than the sun, this kind of stuff on screen needs to be corrected.

Return to “General”