Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 am UTC

Feddlefew wrote:It's -74.1% more environmentally friendly!


...Than a tortoise.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
a_fuzzyduck
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm UTC
Location: Clydebank
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:
Cathy wrote:I am sooooo sick of "for the children" arguments. Ban circumcision? Why? It's a parental decision! "BUT FOR THE BABIES!" Yeah well, if you're really worried about the babies then you can go fucking adopt some without any parents to worry about whether they want to circumcise their kid or not.

For christ's sake the reason we do circumcision at birth rather than at 18 is because it's 1000x less painful and complicated and it often reduces infections in children.

Seriously, worrying about parents have the right to circumcise their kid? Really? There are people who BEAT THEIR KIDS EVERY DAY! There are better things to worry about!! RAWR!

Fuck you. Every orifice.


someone has CLEARLY not understood the concept of anaesthetic :D
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TaintedDeity » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:46 am UTC

I'll rephrase what Kewanji was trying to say without the rape triggering language.

"Saying X is worse than Y is not an argument against caring about Y. Y may still be a bad thing. Just because there are worse things than Y does not make Y unimportant. Also, here is some information about circumcision blah blah blah"
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kewangji » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:51 am UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:I'll rephrase what Kewanji was trying to say without the rape triggering language.

"Saying X is worse than Y is not an argument against caring about Y. Y may still be a bad thing. Just because there are worse things than Y does not make Y unimportant. Also, here is some information about circumcision blah blah blah"

I like you. Also I'm sorry about the language. That was stupid of me. Good plan is to write things in the middle of the night and then post them in the morning instead of right away. Would lead to wiser posts.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TaintedDeity » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 am UTC

Yes, most of us have fallen victim to sleepy posts. They's not good.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 am UTC

Cathy wrote:For christ's sake the reason we do circumcision at birth rather than at 18 is because it's 1000x less painful and complicated and it often reduces infections in children.
Then let's start removing apendixes and tonsils at birth. I mean, they're just going to get infected and if we get them early enough, it'll be easier, right? Besides, if you open someone up early, you may also get a chance to identify other peculiar problems now so you can tag them for later in case there's any issues - like Situs Inversus.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Garm » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Cathy wrote:For christ's sake the reason we do circumcision at birth rather than at 18 is because it's 1000x less painful and complicated and it often reduces infections in children.
Then let's start removing apendixes and tonsils at birth. I mean, they're just going to get infected and if we get them early enough, it'll be easier, right? Besides, if you open someone up early, you may also get a chance to identify other peculiar problems now so you can tag them for later in case there's any issues - like Situs Inversus.


I read somewhere that the appendix might be important for providing healthy gut bacteria.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:53 am UTC

I think the current theory is something about it evolving as a place for friendly bacteria in the gut to be cultivated. There's a much lower incidence of appendicitis in rural communities; most happen in cities, where the levels of bacteria in the environment mean we don't need to keep some safe for later.

DISCLAIMER: This is all half-remembered from some article I read many time ago that may not have been accurate even then, however, wikipedia link.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Vapour
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 am UTC
Location: Forest and Hills Zone.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Vapour » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 am UTC

Woke up this morning, thought it was Saturday! Horray!

...


...

Then I realised it was Friday.

Booooo

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 am UTC

It is Saturday somewhere.

Rant: bin men always leave either my wheelie bin or my recycling box right in front of my drive. So when I return in my automocar, I have to stop, get out, move it, and get back in before I can reverse onto the drive. It's a very minor irritation, but an irritation nonetheless.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
KestrelLowing
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby KestrelLowing » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm UTC

Dammit! The Woman Thread is currently blocked at work because it "pertains to sex". Damn you! We were just talking about tampons!

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby phlip » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:26 pm UTC

I consider it effectively Saturday as soon as I leave work on Friday. So: yes.

It's also Saturday for real in New Zealand.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Vapour
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 am UTC
Location: Forest and Hills Zone.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Vapour » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:28 pm UTC

phlip wrote:I consider it effectively Saturday as soon as I leave work on Friday. So: yes.

It's also Saturday for real in New Zealand.



FFFUUUUU

2 and 1/2 hours left here QQ

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm UTC

Garm wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:
Cathy wrote:For christ's sake the reason we do circumcision at birth rather than at 18 is because it's 1000x less painful and complicated and it often reduces infections in children.
Then let's start removing apendixes and tonsils at birth. I mean, they're just going to get infected and if we get them early enough, it'll be easier, right? Besides, if you open someone up early, you may also get a chance to identify other peculiar problems now so you can tag them for later in case there's any issues - like Situs Inversus.
I read somewhere that the appendix might be important for providing healthy gut bacteria.
Apparently my sarcasm wasn't dripping enough.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
SamaraLexx
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SamaraLexx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 pm UTC

Then what's this all over my shoes?

User avatar
PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:24 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby PAstrychef » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm UTC

KestrelLowing wrote:Dammit! The Woman Thread is currently blocked at work because it "pertains to sex". Damn you! We were just talking about tampons!

Someone used the word vagina. That's sex talk right there.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm UTC

SamaraLexx wrote:Then what's this all over my shoes?

That's.. oh.. well, uh.. it'll come out in the wash, I'm pretty sure. Maybe just use some club soda on it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:04 pm UTC

Bad, ST! What have we told you about getting sarcasm on our guests' shoes?
*rubs your nose in it*
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Dason
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 am UTC
Location: ~/

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Dason » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 pm UTC

Sorry all... that one was me. I just got scared and well... I guess I left a mess.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go wash these clothes
double epsilon = -.0000001;

User avatar
Garm
Posts: 2241
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm UTC
Location: Usually at work. Otherwise, Longmont, CO.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Garm » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Garm wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:
Cathy wrote:For christ's sake the reason we do circumcision at birth rather than at 18 is because it's 1000x less painful and complicated and it often reduces infections in children.
Then let's start removing apendixes and tonsils at birth. I mean, they're just going to get infected and if we get them early enough, it'll be easier, right? Besides, if you open someone up early, you may also get a chance to identify other peculiar problems now so you can tag them for later in case there's any issues - like Situs Inversus.
I read somewhere that the appendix might be important for providing healthy gut bacteria.
Apparently my sarcasm wasn't dripping enough.


Oh no, I understood your sarcasm. I was just saying that the appendix may not actually be totally useless or vestigial. The jury is still out.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Xeio » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

Fuck you known limitation of dataset. You won't read my XML, and thus you can't facilitate merging for me. This is going to be a hellish nightmare to do I bet.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm UTC

Garm wrote:Oh no, I understood your sarcasm. I was just saying that the appendix may not actually be totally useless or vestigial. The jury is still out.

...in much the exact same way the tonsils and foreskin are not useless or vestigial... which is the entire point I was making.

Hence, not enough dripping sarcasm. Perhaps I should have made more spleen references as well.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
jawdisorder
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 am UTC
Location: Badgerland

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby jawdisorder » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Garm wrote:Oh no, I understood your sarcasm. I was just saying that the appendix may not actually be totally useless or vestigial. The jury is still out.

...in much the exact same way the tonsils and foreskin are not useless or vestigial... which is the entire point I was making.

Hence, not enough dripping sarcasm. Perhaps I should have made more spleen references as well.

Might as well just take off some of the liver as well since it can grow back.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:06 pm UTC

And you only need one kidney and one lung. There's people out there who need'em, so... don't be greedy.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Torvaun » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:07 pm UTC

jawdisorder wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:
Garm wrote:Oh no, I understood your sarcasm. I was just saying that the appendix may not actually be totally useless or vestigial. The jury is still out.

...in much the exact same way the tonsils and foreskin are not useless or vestigial... which is the entire point I was making.

Hence, not enough dripping sarcasm. Perhaps I should have made more spleen references as well.

Might as well just take off some of the liver as well since it can grow back.

If we're rooting around in there, might as well staple the stomach. That'll show them that we're serious about this whole obesity epidemic thing.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Microscopic cog » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

What about the pancreas? I heard they're all quirky and jolly!
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

Installing an access panel would make any future surgery far easier too.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

Pop in a GPS chip while you're in there so we don't have to worry about ever losing them.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

Wait wait, when did these go from being ridiculous counter examples to actually sounding like cool ideas?

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

Somewhere around the access panel, I think.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 pm UTC

I dunno, the pancreas? Do we really need that thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SEInSqOmM

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:35 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Perhaps I should have made more spleen references as well.

The only thing spleens do is get ruptured. I'm all for removing them!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?
Posts: 2575
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 am UTC
Location: da aina
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:37 pm UTC

part of me has wanted a gps chip for awhile now, just hand out the code to my friends so they can find me with ease and surprise me

this is assuming i have friends

friends who like me enough to want to surprise me
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Perhaps I should have made more spleen references as well.

The only thing spleens do is get ruptured. I'm all for removing them!

But...but then how could you vent your spleen at people?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:43 pm UTC

With a water pistol.

User avatar
Ortus
Fluffy
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ortus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:26 pm UTC

Things that annoy the piss out of me in the pokemans: things that cause confusion, and missing attacks. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 pm UTC

Ortus wrote:Things that annoy the piss out of me in the pokemans: things that cause confusion, and missing attacks. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Add infatuation and one hit KO moves (seriously, how do you prepare for that?) and you have most of the reason I hate the Battle Tower.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
Ortus
Fluffy
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ortus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:
Ortus wrote:Things that annoy the piss out of me in the pokemans: things that cause confusion, and missing attacks. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Add infatuation and one hit KO moves (seriously, how do you prepare for that?) and you have most of the reason I hate the Battle Tower.



I just started playing the pokemans again, starting with Emerald... Meditite was stupid. If you don't hit him after he charges up, or if your attack misses, you instadie.
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 pm UTC

Ortus wrote:
TimelordSimone wrote:
Ortus wrote:Things that annoy the piss out of me in the pokemans: things that cause confusion, and missing attacks. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Add infatuation and one hit KO moves (seriously, how do you prepare for that?) and you have most of the reason I hate the Battle Tower.



I just started playing the pokemans again, starting with Emerald... Meditite was stupid. If you don't hit him after he charges up, or if your attack misses, you instadie.

Focus Punch right? It is possible to survive being hit by that. I'm thinking of things like Guillotine and Fissure that automatically KO you if they hit, regardless of how much defence or HP you have.
So. Annoying.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
Ortus
Fluffy
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ortus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:
Ortus wrote:
TimelordSimone wrote:
Ortus wrote:Things that annoy the piss out of me in the pokemans: things that cause confusion, and missing attacks. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Add infatuation and one hit KO moves (seriously, how do you prepare for that?) and you have most of the reason I hate the Battle Tower.



I just started playing the pokemans again, starting with Emerald... Meditite was stupid. If you don't hit him after he charges up, or if your attack misses, you instadie.

Focus Punch right? It is possible to survive being hit by that. I'm thinking of things like Guillotine and Fissure that automatically KO you if they hit, regardless of how much defence or HP you have.
So. Annoying.

Ah, none of my star line-up could survive the hit, so I figured it was instakill. I nother news, with Emerald, if you have a pokemon put Leech Seeds up and swap pokemon, the Leech Seeds will heal the swapped pokemon. Funny when combined with Sandstorm - two automatic attacks at the end of each round, one that returns you HP, and you get a standard action.
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests