Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ptolom

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ptolom » Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 pm UTC

For fuck's sake Santander. I think they're deliberately inciting nerd rage. I tried to log into their online banking site today. Apparantly it doesn't work on firefox 4. I found a list of browsers they did bother to test it with: All recent versions of IE and Firefox 3.5. So I sent a polite email complaining. I've just got an automated reply back, written in God damn comic sans ms. I don't think I trust someone who uses comic sans to look after my money.

dr_vektor

Postby dr_vektor » Mon May 30, 2011 3:27 am UTC

I still want to kill my mother. Fucking cunt.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 am UTC

I should have put on sunscreen before going on my bike ride. :(
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 am UTC

Just because I dropped out of college, while doing freelancing work, doesn't mean I'm anti-education. I just don't want to waste 4+ more years of my life studying astronomy, while I want to work as a programmer. No, I don't think that college is useless. No, I don't stubbornly refuse to accept any education at all. I've had enough of people patronizing me about why I shouldn't have quit "[my country]'s best college". I appreciate the support, but please don't keep trying to make me feel bad. Even when I'm making my own money working, I don't need more "but watch out - you'll run out of income soon!" stuff.

I might go back to school if I find one without unnecessary social pressures (I already have a circle of friends, I really don't need any more stupid "orientation" stuff, just give me my education) and fits what I actually want to learn. Stop making me do stuff just because I "have to".
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 am UTC

My laptop's hard drive just died. It had a load of code on it I hadn't bothered to back up. Also, I need to buy a new hard drive.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 am UTC

Note to self: back up hard drive.

I swear I only back it up when I hear about someone else who has one fail on them.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Coin

Postby Coin » Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 am UTC

Damn it. I sent my cover letter to my girlfriend for some help in improving it and then when I got it back this morning I miss a lot of her changes because of gmails tendency to mark things in purple, thus fooling me into believing that all the bits that are changed are marked.

Mental note: Learn to read properly!
3fj wrote: "You, sir, have been added to my list of deities under 'God of Swedish meat'."

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:Note to self: back up hard drive.

I swear I only back it up when I hear about someone else who has one fail on them.

Mine went a week or two ago. With any luck I'll be able to get some of my data off it. If not, then everything from the last some years is gone.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am UTC

Maybe you'll get lucky, and there'll be a plan B...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

M.C.

Postby M.C. » Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 pm UTC

Levi wrote: A couple nights ago he stood in my parents room, playing with light switches and repeating "Give me my computer back" over and over again from eleven o'clock to two in the goddamn morning.

Really? For three hours?
I mean, yeah, he's a colossal dick, but he's certainly committed.
Nobody likes Milhouse!

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:My laptop's hard drive just died. It had a load of code on it I hadn't bothered to back up. Also, I need to buy a new hard drive.

Well, that was odd. I'm not sure what I did but it seems to be working now. Still, I'm backing everything up; that clicking sounded really unhealthy.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Mon May 30, 2011 1:00 pm UTC

Yeah, "clicking" HDD == very-very-soon-to-be-dead HDD. If you're very lucky, you'll have a day.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm UTC

Why can't I live in the now? All day yesterday I was thinking about the stuff I had in the evening, then that was disappointing. Now it looks like the same is happening today. Maybe tonight will be great - but if I spend all day obsessing, it's almost certainly not going to live up to expectations.

Also, despite a surprise triple Saturday, if I go 0 for 2 this weekend I am going to be pretty frigging grumpy.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon May 30, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

Blerargh.
Tomorrow I have a law exam (for engineers, uh, right). We were handed the material to memorize.
While the stuff is of trivial complexity (after thermodynamics, quantum physics and weird mathematical shit is was a relief), the .doc/rtf files weight about 5Mb, with no images. That... that's a lot of info to commit to memory.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Mon May 30, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Good luck! I had a law exam for computer scientist today :)
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm UTC

phlip wrote:Yeah, "clicking" HDD == very-very-soon-to-be-dead HDD. If you're very lucky, you'll have a day.
Or, apparently, Samsung Spinpoint F4. I just replaced a drive with one of those and holy shit are they loud. What I am assuming are the heads parking/unparking sounds like the relay in my UPS clicking in and out. And it keeps spinning up/down when I'm trying to sleep. For no good reason.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

M1k3_Nix

Postby M1k3_Nix » Mon May 30, 2011 10:29 pm UTC

My rant; Middle Lane fucking Drivers

what is wrong with you people. there are 3 lanes, and their empty.....USE THEM PROPERLY!!!!!!

anyway, thats off my chest, till my next motorway drive......
SlyReaper wrote:You shouldn't poke fun at a German's sense of humour like that. A German joke is no laughing matter.

"Simply because you can breathe, doesn't mean you're alive, or that you really live"

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Tue May 31, 2011 1:20 am UTC

M1k3_Nix wrote:My rant; Middle Lane fucking Drivers

what is wrong with you people. there are 3 lanes, and their empty.....USE THEM PROPERLY!!!!!!

What do you mean? The middle lane on a 6 lane road (3 lanes each way) is the lane you're primarily going to want to be driving in - passing on the left-hand lane, the right-hand lane being the lane for slower traffic, usually 18-wheelers...
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 am UTC

Ortus wrote:
M1k3_Nix wrote:My rant; Middle Lane fucking Drivers

What do you mean? The middle lane on a 6 lane road (3 lanes each way) is the lane you're primarily going to want to be driving in - passing on the left-hand lane, the right-hand lane being the lane for slower traffic, usually 18-wheelers...

No no no. You are ALWAYS supposed to be in the slow lane unless you're overtaking, at least here in the UK.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Eseell

Postby Eseell » Tue May 31, 2011 2:32 am UTC

Felltir wrote:No no no. You are ALWAYS supposed to be in the slow lane unless you're overtaking, at least here in the UK.

It's the same in the US, but it's mostly unenforced.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 am UTC

How do you get rid of the fear? The things I could do if it weren't holding me back...
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 am UTC

All hell breaks loose when a really slow truck tries to overtake an even slower truck. And then another truck who feels faster tries to overtake both...
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

SamaraLexx

Postby SamaraLexx » Tue May 31, 2011 4:34 am UTC

Work is going to be awkward tomorrow. I got in a slight argument with one of the people I'm closest to there on Friday. We had been talking about marriage licenses, and she said something along the lines of "I don't get why they need to have gay marriage when they have civil unions. Isn't that enough for them?" I told her my feelings on the subject, and I'm always very clear on this stuff that they're just MY feelings and I don't want to make anyone conform to my way of thinking.

I told her that I felt that it doesn't matter if they're the exact same thing, because they're NOT the same thing. They never will be as long as, well, they're two different things. You're still making a distinction and I feel (always with the I feel statements!) that that's wrong, like when Separate but Equal was wrong. She got very offended and it was not fun.

I really do try to avoid confrontation in all areas but I swear, confrontation seeks me out, tackles me and makes me watch its home movies.

Dason

Postby Dason » Tue May 31, 2011 5:05 am UTC

confrontation is a dick like that.
double epsilon = -.0000001;

xX17GHDUDE17Xx

Postby xX17GHDUDE17Xx » Tue May 31, 2011 5:38 am UTC

Saying this sort of makes me feel like another whiny, angsty teen but oh well. The only thing worse about having a girlfriend live 10 hours away is having her visit a town 45-minutes away from your house, except you can't go see her because you'll be in a different state on that day... :(
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" -Ghandi

Wrong. All that does is eliminate humanity's depth perception.

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 am UTC

Eseell wrote:
Felltir wrote:No no no. You are ALWAYS supposed to be in the slow lane unless you're overtaking, at least here in the UK.

The amount of congestion out here in the mid-west, were people to use the right lane as their primary lane, would be ridiculous. Most drivers would be in the middle lane a majority of the time just passing all the trucks.

I stand by what I said, though I've got no science to back it up - drive in the middle lane, move to the right if you're going slower than the speed limit, use the left lane only to pass except in times of high traffic when staying in the middle lane would drop you below the speed limit.

That's for a 3 lane road, though. Two lanes you drive in the right lane, use the left to pass; 4 lanes, you use the lanes based on how far you have to travel (assuming that, to minimize travel time, one would be driving faster over longer distances than one would a shorter distance on the same road).

That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me because when you have two lanes (and the traffic load doesn't exceed the roads capacity), traffic moves fine until you have someone going monumentally slow in the right lane... then the slower traffic merges left to pass, and the faster traffic coming up has to accommodate for the slower traffic. Moving them over to the right eliminates that need for slow-but-not-aggravatingly-slow drivers to stay in the middle pretty much their whole drive while faster drivers have a clear lane to the left.

Steax wrote:All hell breaks loose when a really slow truck tries to overtake an even slower truck. And then another truck who feels faster tries to overtake both...

I drive on I-40 every day, and one night I was coming back towards Denver and saw an epic scene unfold: a tanker tried to overtake another tanker, both were going about 30mph due to the conditions - snowing, snow and ice on the roads, severely limited visibility due to strong winds. There was a snow plow a little bit behind me (climbing the hill I was just on the other side of, the side these tankers were now trying to climb) and I was going maybe 15mph so I pulled off and watched, waiting for the snow plow to pass me so I could use its lights.

The first tanker gave up right as he got to the base of the hill, he wasn't going anywhere; I don't think he had chains on. The second tanker made it about halfway, slid back a little bit, then stopped himself. The tankers were now blocking both lanes of traffic on a steep hill with very poor visibility... another tanker came by, saw the mess in time, and stopped. Then another, and another... soon there were five 18-wheelers chillin' at the base of this hill. As I got behind the plow and started driving away, I saw a few passenger vehicles come up behind them and try and squeeze through the mess to continue up the hill... one 4x4 got stuck in between the original two tankers, the others gave up and I guess waited it out. It was pretty funny to watch these guys attempt the hill and fail so hard.
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 am UTC

Ortus wrote:
Eseell wrote:

The amount of congestion out here in the mid-west, were people to use the right lane as their primary lane, would be ridiculous. Most drivers would be in the middle lane a majority of the time just passing all the trucks.

I stand by what I said, though I've got no science to back it up - drive in the middle lane, move to the right if you're going slower than the speed limit, use the left lane only to pass except in times of high traffic when staying in the middle lane would drop you below the speed limit.

That's for a 3 lane road, though. Two lanes you drive in the right lane, use the left to pass; 4 lanes, you use the lanes based on how far you have to travel (assuming that, to minimize travel time, one would be driving faster over longer distances than one would a shorter distance on the same road).

That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me because when you have two lanes (and the traffic load doesn't exceed the roads capacity), traffic moves fine until you have someone going monumentally slow in the right lane... then the slower traffic merges left to pass, and the faster traffic coming up has to accommodate for the slower traffic. Moving them over to the right eliminates that need for slow-but-not-aggravatingly-slow drivers to stay in the middle pretty much their whole drive while faster drivers have a clear lane to the left.

Steax wrote:All hell breaks loose when a really slow truck tries to overtake an even slower truck. And then another truck who feels faster tries to overtake both...

I drive on I-40 every day, and one night I was coming back towards Denver and saw an epic scene unfold: a tanker tried to overtake another tanker, both were going about 30mph due to the conditions - snowing, snow and ice on the roads, severely limited visibility due to strong winds. There was a snow plow a little bit behind me (climbing the hill I was just on the other side of, the side these tankers were now trying to climb) and I was going maybe 15mph so I pulled off and watched, waiting for the snow plow to pass me so I could use its lights.

The first tanker gave up right as he got to the base of the hill, he wasn't going anywhere; I don't think he had chains on. The second tanker made it about halfway, slid back a little bit, then stopped himself. The tankers were now blocking both lanes of traffic on a steep hill with very poor visibility... another tanker came by, saw the mess in time, and stopped. Then another, and another... soon there were five 18-wheelers chillin' at the base of this hill. As I got behind the plow and started driving away, I saw a few passenger vehicles come up behind them and try and squeeze through the mess to continue up the hill... one 4x4 got stuck in between the original two tankers, the others gave up and I guess waited it out. It was pretty funny to watch these guys attempt the hill and fail so hard.

If the slow lane has slow moving traffic in it, then it's fine to drive in the middle lane. But as soon as you're past it, you should move into the slow lane. The situation MikeNix was ranting about was where the slow lane was completely clear. In that situation there is absolutely no reason to be in the middle lane. Doing so just disrupts the people who are driving properly because they have to pull over 2 lanes to pass you, then 2 lanes back again to get back to the slow lane.

So yeah, keep left. Or keep right if you're in a country that drives on the wrong side of the road.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:If the slow lane has slow moving traffic in it, then it's fine to drive in the middle lane. But as soon as you're past it, you should move into the slow lane. The situation MikeNix was ranting about was where the slow lane was completely clear. In that situation there is absolutely no reason to be in the middle lane. Doing so just disrupts the people who are driving properly because they have to pull over 2 lanes to pass you, then 2 lanes back again to get back to the slow lane.

So yeah, keep left. Or keep right if you're in a country that drives on the wrong side of the road.

I think part of my problem is my relationship with lane changing - in an ideal world, I'd posit that the fewer the lane changes the more efficient a road can carry its capacity, but I change lanes quite a bit, even with light traffic. My other problem lies with the idea that we're not talking about an ideal situation: if you're driving the speed-limit in the slow lane, and you need to pass, you should be merging in to a lane of traffic with vehicles traveling at a similar speed. So there's no reason to switch over two lanes, because you wouldn't be passing those in the middle lane as they are traveling at the same speed as you... presumably.

So the left lane is reserved for those traveling above the speed-limit to pass in and for when slower traffic is passing the slowest traffic in the middle lane and the drivers in the middle lane need to use the left lane to pass. That makes far more sense to me than 'everyone in the right lane always except when passing/there is a lot of slow traffic'.

But again, that's from my limited experience and general lack of knowledge on traffic flow. I mean, it sounds right to me, and when I draw it out it looks right to me and makes logical sense... but who knows.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue May 31, 2011 8:26 am UTC

Now you're not making any sense. It's very common that a car in the slow lane is travelling faster than someone in the middle lane. In order to pass legally, he would have to move two lanes to get to the fast lane, pass, then move two lanes back to the slow lane. Alternatively, the faster car can just carry on driving and pass without changing lanes. Technically that's illegal though. That situation shouldn't exist because the slow driver should be in the slow lane, not the middle. If he was driving properly, it shouldn't even be possible to undertake him.

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Now you're not making any sense. It's very common that a car in the slow lane is travelling faster than someone in the middle lane. In order to pass legally, he would have to move two lanes to get to the fast lane, pass, then move two lanes back to the slow lane. Alternatively, the faster car can just carry on driving and pass without changing lanes. Technically that's illegal though. That situation shouldn't exist because the slow driver should be in the slow lane, not the middle. If he was driving properly, it shouldn't even be possible to undertake him.

No, you're comparing ideal driving tactics (slow lane is your primary lane) with an unideal situation (slow-as-fuck car in the middle lane when you need to pass) - I'm comparing your ideal tactics with my ideal tactics. In that, I think that mine are mo' betta' because they virtually eliminate the possibility of being forced in to changing more than one lane to pass a slow-moving vehicle in an environment where your speed is more or less static.

In my previous posts, the situation you are outlining wouldn't exist, because anyone driving under the speed-limit would be in the right lane unless there was a significant slowdown in that lane that forced them out of it, in which case neither of our tactics would work as we've outlined them.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 am UTC

Illegal to pass in the slow lane? I've never heard of such a law here. Then again, that might go back to what Eseell said about how people here often don't follow the lane conventions at all.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue May 31, 2011 10:13 am UTC

It can be illegal here if a rozzer on a power trip decides it was "careless driving". Overtaking on the inside is actually one of the examples given here. It's rarely enforced though, unless you've really been driving like a dick.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

God dammit so much. Awake a little over an hour, and I am in a really shitty mood.

1) Disappointing evening last night
2) Sleeping poorly
3) Not getting up on time, and being late for work
4) Fucking password expiring at work, so I couldn't be ready for our morning meeting
5) The huge pile of reports on my desk
6) The reports on my desk that are horribly fucked up, not my fault, but my responsibility to fix
7) The annoying customer that bugs the fuck out of me for info on something I am not that informed about
8) Finding out a good friend at work is leaving

Fuck.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Kang

Postby Kang » Tue May 31, 2011 1:30 pm UTC

Rant: programs crashing for no apparant reason. No joy.

Eseell

Postby Eseell » Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Illegal to pass in the slow lane? I've never heard of such a law here. Then again, that might go back to what Eseell said about how people here often don't follow the lane conventions at all.

A couple of sample statutes:
Arizona Revised Statute 28-724 wrote:A. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:

1. When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn.

2. On a street or highway with unobstructed pavement that is not occupied by parked vehicles and that is of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction.

3. On a one-way street or on a roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement and if the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

B. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle on the right only under conditions permitting the movement in safety. The driver shall not make the movement by driving off the pavement or main traveled portion of the roadway.

RCW 46.61.115 (Washington State) wrote:RCW 46.61.115
When overtaking on the right is permitted.

(1) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:

(a) When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn;

(b) Upon a roadway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width for two or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the direction being traveled by the overtaking vehicle.

(2) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety. Such movement shall not be made by driving off the roadway.

[1975 c 62 § 23; 1965 ex.s. c 155 § 18.]

These were obviously based on some boilerplate legislation for traffic law. Basically unenforced unless you're also driving recklessly or the cop is being a dick. Also, the bit about undertaking the movement safely does not mean that it is always legal to pass on the right if it is safe; it is only legal under the conditions outlined in the first section.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Tue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm UTC

Ortus wrote:No, you're comparing ideal driving tactics (slow lane is your primary lane) with an unideal situation (slow-as-fuck car in the middle lane when you need to pass) - I'm comparing your ideal tactics with my ideal tactics. In that, I think that mine are mo' betta' because they virtually eliminate the possibility of being forced in to changing more than one lane to pass a slow-moving vehicle in an environment where your speed is more or less static.
Except that you have an un-used lane if nobody goes to the right*, or you have moderately-slow drivers tending towards the middle because that's your ideal value. If there is free space to the right* of you, you should be in it (unless you're about to pass something), so that faster drivers can pass you with as little effort as possible.

*The correct side, you crazy lefters.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:*The correct side, you crazy lefters.
Bonapartist!
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Plasma Man
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Postby Plasma Man » Tue May 31, 2011 6:18 pm UTC

Arrive at work at 8. Get a chance to drink some water at 11.30. Get a chance to eat at 2. Finish work at 5.45. Unpaid overtime worked today: 1.25 hours
Unpaid overtime worked this month: 6.5 hours
Total unpaid overtime worked: 81.5 hours, cracking the 80 hour barrier for the first time.

Why do I do this? Why?

Would rant more, but I'm too tired.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

rigwarl

Postby rigwarl » Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 pm UTC

Ortus wrote:
In my previous posts, the situation you are outlining wouldn't exist, because anyone driving under the speed-limit would be in the right lane unless there was a significant slowdown in that lane that forced them out of it, in which case neither of our tactics would work as we've outlined them.

Slow moving is relative, what if you're driving in the middle lane at 70 and I'm driving in the right at 75? I would still have to change 4 total lanes to pass you. (doesn't matter but if you want a number lets say the speed limit is 70. I live in midwest America as well, in my experience going 5 over is not at all uncommon.)

Also, it seems to me that SlyReaper was not specifically talking about ideal driving tactics, but rather a realistic situation that happens thousands of times daily.

Kang

Postby Kang » Tue May 31, 2011 7:33 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
Xeio wrote:*The correct side, you crazy lefters.
Bonapartist!

Yes, in some countries people drive on the right side and in others on the correct side. It's fairly simple.

Return to “General”