Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:23 am UTC

There's nothing wrong with hating them both, you know.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 am UTC

Yeah, but I'm torn in whether I am happy with the decision. I think the fundamentalist in me is too strong to be happy that real lost.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Xeio » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:57 am UTC

My school used realplayer for streaming classes (pretty much every CS course was available online). Woo copy protection that is literally unsupported outside of realplayer...

It has some horrendous default settings for streaming by default too... UDP? What? Oh, you don't need that half dozen frames of data/sound.

Took me a while to figure that one out, suddenly I get perfect video/audio when I set it to use TCP... it's like freaking magic. (It was even faster too!)

Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ubik » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:04 am UTC

IE8, why the hell won't you redraw when I change the appearance of elements...except until user clicks on somewhere?

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am UTC

Thesh wrote:
On September *BUFFERING* 30, 2008, RealNetworks launched*BUFFERING*a new product called*BUFFERING*RealDVD. The software*BUFFERING*allows any user to save a*BUFFERING*copy of a DVD movie*BUFFERING*they own. The company was*BUFFERING*later found to have*BUFFERING*violated the Digital Millennium*BUFFERING*Copyright Act and*BUFFERING*RealNetworks' contract with the*BUFFERING*DVD CCA, as*BUFFERING*the software also allowed anyone*BUFFERING*to save a*BUFFERING*movie they do not legally own.*BUFFERING*(See RealNetworks,*BUFFERING*Inc. v. DVD Copy Control Association,*BUFFERING*Inc.).[5] The product's distribution was*BUFFERING*barred by a court injunction*BUFFERING*.[6][7]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real*BUFFERING*Networks

And now I am torn between my dislike of real, and my dislike of the DMCA.


FTFY. By getting the mocking of Real's *BUFFERING* done early, we can focus on DMCA.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby emceng » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:44 pm UTC

Well to explain more fully, it's not that I particularly want to use realplayer. I have a nice fancy computer I use for everyday things. It even has a DVD/CD burner. But the freaking DVD burner doesn't work. It will read some discs, but not most, and no blanks. So I have to use my old computer to burn CDs. So I have to either transfer the files back over, or copy them to the CD over the network. The old program I used to burn CDs had this very, very annoying habit of chopping off the last 3-5 seconds of an mp3. I even contacted the company about it, but they never responded. I tried another program, and didn't like the results. Realplayer was already installed, and I'd never used it. I tried it, and up until last night I had only one issue with it - it wouldn't freaking burn mp3s that last less than 20 seconds. No idea why, but it was annoying.

I don't want to install another new CD burning software on my old machine. I think I may just order a new DVD burner from Newegg.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Plasma Man
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 am UTC
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Plasma Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 pm UTC

OK, you know what? Fuck politics. I've been fairly moderate in my views up to now, but this is the last straw. I've tried playing the game like I'm supposed to, voting at every election, attending peaceful protests, even a bit of grassroots activism, and none of it has made the slightest bit of difference. The one mainstream political party that hadn't shown itself to be completely untrustworthy has just shown that they are in fact, untrustworthy, lying scum, just like the other parties. What options are we supposed to have?
Vote for a party that promises things you believe in. That doesn't work, promises are ignored whenever it's expedient.
Writing to MPs. That doesn't work, the vast majority toe the party line at all times (the minority merely toe it the vast majority of the time).
Peaceful protest. That doesn't work, even when you're in the right, as the demonstrations against the illegal invasion of Iraq showed.

Congratulations, politicians of the UK. You have managed to completely destroy my faith in any of the approved methods of trying to influence what goes on in the country. From now on, whenever I see a protest become violent, I am on the side of the protesters. If peaceful protests are ignored and brushed off, that drives people to destruction and violence as that cannot be ignored so easily.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 pm UTC

Same, only as a pacifist I'm more inclined towards the sit-ins / occupations, non-violent-yet-disruptive way of things.
But seriously? Fuck 'em.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Teapot » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm UTC

Just when I thought I might be finished with this program by the end of today it comes up with more errors that I don't know how to fix. I finally got the drum part working fine. All I want the guitar part to do is pretty much exactly what the drum part is doing but on a different midi channel (so it makes guitar noises and not drum noises) and with more notes. So why, when all I did was copy and paste the drum patch into a new patch, is the guitar part fucking up so much and only playing three out of the seven notes it's supposed to. It's like it's all of a sudden completely ignoring the list of probabilities I'm giving it and it's just chosing whatever the fuck it wants. This was supposed to be the easy part...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby tastelikecoke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

The christmas spirit is getting dimmer and dimmer and dimmer and dimmer....

And I thought Christmas is the only holiday that actually makes sense.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Briareos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm UTC

Move that gigantic cotton candy!
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:The christmas spirit is getting dimmer and dimmer and dimmer and dimmer....

And I thought Christmas is the only holiday that actually makes sense.

Christmas is my favourite day of the year: Everyone's nice to each other, we all have lots of alcohol and play family games, we have a nice dinner and all help to clear up... it's just awesome in every way.

Christmas time, however, sucks. Shitty music played everywhere, shitty weather, tacky decorations, people telling me to lighten up and telling me I'm a scrooge for not enjoying hearing Slade and Wham being played ten times a fucking day... OK, there's some good things about it: mince pies, Fairytale of New York and snow when it's enough to play with, but that's a very thin silver lining for a very big, dark cloud.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Whelan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:46 pm UTC

OBrien wrote:Same, only as a pacifist I'm more inclined towards the sit-ins / occupations, non-violent-yet-disruptive way of things.
But seriously? Fuck 'em.

I've spent all bloody day hearing people say "I'm ashamed of what the students are doing in our name" and replying "I'm fucking appalled at the police inciting the majority of the violence *Sweet smile*"

Not that I disagree with you, or to imply that was directed at you, but that's what's been getting on my tits today particularly.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm UTC

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at a few people who, after being kettled and cavalry-charged twice, started a riot: I applaud their restraint for not doing it after the first charge. I think things would have been better if there was no violence at all, but I can completely understand and empathise with the "instigators" here.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:The christmas spirit is getting dimmer and dimmer and dimmer and dimmer....

And I thought Christmas is the only holiday that actually makes sense.

A monotheistic religion being unhappy about its followers revelling and daring to have fun on a day that's blasphemously associated with pagan celebrations (aka the devil) of some random day in the winter having to do with sun or something like that, so they decided to hijack it and make it about some baby being born instead even though he was probably born in the summer or fall assuming he's not made up entirely? Yeah, that makes sense.

/Grinchy grinch grinch
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:12 pm UTC

One, this is a "Riot of Color".

Two, CHEW WITH YOUR MOUTH CLOSED, FOR THE LOVE OF LUNA.
Attachments
capt_photo_1291923631121-4-0.jpg
British riot police come under attack
capt_photo_1291923631121-4-0.jpg (29.72 KiB) Viewed 3905 times
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Persephonethinx
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 am UTC
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Persephonethinx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

Damn you dry winter weather for giving me nosebleeds that start in inopportune places and last for 30 fucking minutes. :evil:
"The Universe is big and it's vast and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..." -The Eleventh Doctor

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Xeio » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 pm UTC

Hrmmm, thunderbird, I dunno about you, but I think when they say "context" menu, they mean, like, things that are useful for whatever context you happen to be in...

Play/Pause? I clicked text damnit... That's not a link or image either...? And the message options for the body?

Hell, 3 more items would actually overflow my screen, wtf...
Attachments
context_is_important.png

User avatar
RetSpline
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby RetSpline » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:56 pm UTC

guhhh, I hate it when people ask me my opinion on things that I either don't care about, or actually do not like. Typically, confusion arises when I say I don't like something, and that is interpreted as me saying that it's bad. This is very much not the case! I am a very picky person with very specific tastes, there are many things that I do not like. Additionally, I am not the final word on aesthetic merits. Indeed, I should probably not even be the first word. And just because I don't like something doesn't mean I can't appreciate its fine qualities anyways. Okay sure, you made a meal that somehow includes cheese, olives, and tomatoes, my three least favorite foods. I find it absolutely abhorrent, but your meal was well appreciated by everyone else! Don't let me ruin it for you, I'll just go make myself a peanut butter sandwich or something.

I think maybe this all boils down to my reluctance to lie to people just to make them feel better. I can't sit there, spoon in my mouth, and nod appreciatively at the amazing cooking. I'll probably grimace and barely down the spoonful, because dammit if I'm not at least going to try new foods, and then not eat any more.

User avatar
Virtual_Aardvark
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:27 pm UTC
Location: The Final Frontier
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Virtual_Aardvark » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 am UTC

Ugh. I get that you aren't physically able to cook anymore. I don't mind preparing your meals. I don't mind preparing complicated and labour intensive meals. But when they're complicated, laborious and I don't like any aspect of the foods, that's not really fair. It's even less fair when you get angry at me for preparing meat. I know you are a vegetarian but I'm not and it's not like I put animal products in your food. I've already cut bacon out of my diet because you simply don't like the smell. What more do you want?
"imaginary gardens with real toads in them"
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:An actual cloud... full of lesbians.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Briareos » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 am UTC

Why does EVERY SINGLE commercial this time of year need to feature a popular Christmas carol with the words rewritten to tout the product? I was tired of it before it even started.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
OBrien
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby OBrien » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am UTC

Why do I pursue these things that I know will only end in either no mood change or me being upset? In this particular example, reading Facebook statuses of the girl I am madly in love with's current crush, then looking at his comments to see if they're flirting. I know I'm in a bad frame of mind for other reasons and being reminded of the fact that she wants someone else really doesn't help my mood, but still I look. Why? OK, I know I'll get some twisted satisfaction from seeing this relationship not work but 1: I honestly want her to be happy so I know this satisfaction will be short lived and swiftly followed by me feeling sick at myself for feeling it, then sad on her behalf, 2: if it doesn't work out, I'll find out soon anyway, and 3: if his status is basically the online equivilant of *small hug* "Alright gorgeous?" *wink*, then thing are probably fine or better. Aargh!

NB: I'm not being ridiculously emoish and assuming "She'll never love me!" here (although I am being emo in other ways), we had a brief thing consisting of cuddles and kisses which we insisted to ourselves and each other 'meant nothing', we were just 'testing the water'. This ended in her saying: "I'm sorry, this doesn't feel right, I just don't feel that way about you, I really wish I did because you're perfect for me, but we both know it has to feel right." and me realising that this girl is perfect for me and, to me, this feels perfect. But she's right, if it doesn't feel right, it's not right. I just wish we both felt the same way, either way (but prefferably my way).

Urgh. Mild insomnia too, plus a couple of beers makes thoughts meander. Sorry, this was supposed to be a single rant, not a triple one.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:37 am UTC

Briareos wrote:Why does EVERY SINGLE commercial this time of year need to feature a popular Christmas carol with the words rewritten to tout the product? I was tired of it before it even started.

I wrote that bitch a stupid parody of a Christmas song. Bitches love those.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
Briareos wrote:Why does EVERY SINGLE commercial this time of year need to feature a popular Christmas carol with the words rewritten to tout the product? I was tired of it before it even started.

I wrote that bitch a stupid parody of a Christmas song. Bitches love those.

Did you write it in Sanskrit? Bitches love Sanskrit.

Also, Hyundai commercials have been featuring Christmas Carols that aren't rewritten; they're just performed by the amazing Pomplamoose.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Levi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:40 am UTC

Humans should have evolved from something more awesome than apes. Like sharks.

EDIT: I remember what I was originally going to post about now. Authority figures: Shut the hell up about my refusal to play your stupid games and participate in activities I find degrading or unenjoyable.

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Chuff » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:35 am UTC

Levi wrote: I remember what I was originally going to post about now. Authority figuresPeers: Shut the hell up about my refusal to play your stupid games and participate in activities I find degrading or unenjoyable.

FTFM
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.

User avatar
nehpest
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby nehpest » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:50 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:Also, Hyundai commercials have been featuring Christmas Carols that aren't rewritten; they're just performed by the amazing Pomplamoose.


Pomplamoose, eh? So that's who that vixen-siren hybrid is...

If you'll excuse me, I have some iTunesing to do.
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag

User avatar
Shivahn
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Shivahn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:17 am UTC

Levi wrote:Humans should have evolved from something more awesome than apes. Like sharks.


Apes are way more awesome than sharks. We've got like, limbs and shit.

Seriously though apes are pretty cool when you think about it. I am happy to have not evolved from something with such a small brain/body mass ratio.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:31 am UTC

My office is having a Secret Santa party this year, and I still haven't figured out what to buy for the person I'm supposed to give a gift to.

The only two things I know about him is that he likes to shoot guns and he (apparently) likes to have kinky sex with his wife (based on his eagerness to spend the gift card he got to Castle, a sex shop here in Anchorage, for his birthday). Also, the present has to be under $20.

:/
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:36 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:My office is having a Secret Santa party this year, and I still haven't figured out what to buy for the person I'm supposed to give a gift to.

The only two things I know about him is that he likes to shoot guns and he (apparently) likes to have kinky sex with his wife (based on his eagerness to spend the gift card he got to Castle, a sex shop here in Anchorage, for his birthday). Also, the present has to be under $20.

:/

NSFW:
Spoiler:
Image
Last edited by e^iπ+1=0 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 am UTC

I would avoid bringing sex toys or weapons to an office non-denominational holiday party.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 am UTC

Thesh wrote:I would avoid bringing sex toys or weapons to an office non-denominational holiday party.

It's not an office-sanctioned Christmahanukwanizkah party, and it's taking place at someone's house, not at work.

Also, lawl, I'm not getting him a sex toy.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs
Posts: 6598
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am UTC
Location: Colorado

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Thesh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 am UTC

Summum ius, summa iniuria.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kewangji » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

Thanks, parents, for making this day terrible. I barely just woke up. You were fighting at 4AM this morning, and now in the afternoon. This is really helpful. I especially like the way you consider that I could be hearing you; by lowering your voices and whispering 'he is sitting right there and he might hear you'. Very considerate, contrasted with the screaming that could be heard over my music in the middle of the night.

Love,
your son.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Kang » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

Dear myself,
what's so bloody hard about just sitting down and writing that thing already? Is it just because that when trying to put it together in a coherent manner it slowly becomes apparent that despite what my professor kept saying during random status reports my results aren't all that great after all? Or is it just the sombering realisation that that means I actually suck at what I do? It might also be that whenever I write pretty much anything I can look back at it just seconds later and see how it is bad at least from a language or comprehensibility standpoint if not further.

User avatar
charolastra
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby charolastra » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 am UTC

Dear bad roommate and girlfriend,

Please do not drink my alcohol. Or if you do, buy me new alcohol before you drink an ENTIRE BOTTLE of my deliciousness before I even open it. Also, stop being so skanky. Also, stop pissing me off. Also, stop using up all the hot water RIGHT when I need to shower. Like now. ANGER. RAGE. RAWR.

Love,

Charo, your adorable roommate who is letting her friend Catherine poop in your room as I type. <3
Last edited by charolastra on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 am UTC

Why does the aircon at work break every summer?!? I have instruments in here that do not like temperatures over 25 degrees, and it is currently 30!!
Too hot to work.....
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm UTC

Why do I keep looking down on the comments in the Yahoo! articles? WHY?
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby Ashlah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:07 pm UTC

^Oh god, I know. It's so terrible, but I just can't help myself sometimes.

stevey_frac
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Postby stevey_frac » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Actually boss, I didn't sabatoge your fucking survey.. the computer, the base magnetometer, the GPS unit, and the A/D all died of natural causes, possibly due to the -25C weather conditions. That I quit the next day was related, and in fact a result of the above, but I did not cause any of it.

Perhaps next time you fucking drop all your incredibly sensitive equipment from a helicopter that's travelling 200 km/hr into the fucking swamp, you WON'T FUCKING SCHEDULE ANOTHER DAMNED SURVEY UNTIL SOMEONE COMPETENT HAS HAD FUCKING TIME TO ASSESS AND REPAIR THE DAMNED DAMAGE.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests