Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

podbaydoor

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 pm UTC

There are anime characters with stubble?
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Enid

Postby Enid » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:38 pm UTC

My cousin is in a coma in the ICU, my grandmother died this morning and I am on the phone arranging to get off of work to go to her funeral. Refusing (politely!) to participate in your survey does not make me "rude" or a "fucking whore."

I'm going to go crawl in a hole. Call me out when people stop being so horrible.

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

*hugs*
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 pm UTC

*more hugs*
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:44 am UTC

*even more hugs*
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 am UTC

*hugging you and never letting go*
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male

Postby GraphiteGirl » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 am UTC

*super extra hugs of fairly useless magic*
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:07 am UTC

Not everyone wants hugs. Some people associate hugs with abuse. If you're so impatient that you need to do everything in one post instead of asking someone if they'd like hugs, at least go with *offers hugs*. Seriously, *hugs and never lets go*? How is that supposed to be more comforting than creepy?
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 am UTC

I'm assuming Giant Speck is giving a one-arm hug.

(I'll stop making jokes about your avatar when it stops being funny.)

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 am UTC

Women's clothes are fucking stupid. I'm tired of walking past shop windows full of nothing but tiny, wispy, tight-fitting, bizarrely-shaped, overly-adorned mini-dresses. With the men's store next door sporting proper pants, shirts, jumpers and jackets. I just want some clothes that are comfortable and practical and actually fit me. Fashion should be killed with fire. Along with the fucked-up gender roles that drive it. *stabby stab stab*

bentheimmigrant
Dotcor Good Poster

Postby bentheimmigrant » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 am UTC

Sweats. That's where it's at.
"Comment is free, but facts are sacred" - C.P. Scott

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am UTC

I give up on this whole flat thing. What's the point when 9 out of 10 flats are too far away from uni or they're too expensive or everything is broken or I'd have to share with shitty people and then the one flat that actually seems like it would be ok to live in gets taken less than an hour before I phoned in to say I'd want to stay there? It's not like I have high standards for where I want to stay either. I just want it to be within half an hour (by bus) from university, for there to be a bed, an oven, a fridge and a bathroom and for everything to be working. I'm so fed up of trying to find somewhere to live.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

superglucose
hermaj's new favourite

Postby superglucose » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm UTC

Now where's that goddamn rants thread?

Ah. Here we go.

Ok, fluffy, LISTEN UP. And listen good.

I have had a ridiculous amount to drink. So much to drink i think I'll have like my first hangover EVER tomorrow. And I still need to say this: You don't even come CLOSE to touching my intelligence. So stop acting like you're smart. You're a fucking IDIOT compared to DRUNK superglucose. You think you have a clue? Hint: you don't. Just stop talking, start smiling and nodding, and understand that I need and demand and REQUIRE a presence of at least twice your intellect to not descend into snippity and rude comments.

Also, stop acting like you're somehow magically above average. Unless I've way, WAY overestimated average (which I've done), you're not above it. You *ARE* what I would call the working definition of "average intelligence", i.e. "can see what is obviously placed in front of them but not much more." You see what you see and make conclusions any three-year-old should be able to make, and you haven't the brains to think three steps past what is there. You can't even look beyond your primitive and pathetic preconceptions of why someone thinks the way they do, and heaven forbid you try to put yourself in someone else's shoes... though anyone who doesn't put themselves in YOUR shoes deserves to have base liberties violated.

When I was talking about people who shouldn't be allowed to vote? Yeah, you were on that list. Now do society a favor and just stfu before I cram a banana in your mouth and make you stfu. I'm hella HELLA tired of people spouting about shit they don't know and trying to act learned because of it.

GOD people like her annoy me.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:34 pm UTC

There may be a LS&R post to follow this, but right now I just want to explain the situation, then rant about it:

So about a month and a half ago I broke up with my girlfriend. This girl is the first person I've ever truly loved (other than family, of course) and I still love her and although the relationship had turned pretty shitty and it was my only choice, breaking up with her broke both our hearts. It was not a mutual decision, and now things are pretty fucked up between us.
So after my break up I started hanging out with one of my friends a lot more and now I consider her one of my best friends. Three weeks ago she broke up with her boyfriend. Their break up was a mutual decision, and she seems to be recovering from it a lot quicker than I am but she's still pretty damn cut up about it.
Last night one of our mutual friends had a party, where five of us ended up sleeping in the living room, and we ended up sleeping next to each orther. I don't know how it happened or who started it but we ended up cuddling last night. Nothing more, just cuddling; holding hand and spooning. And it felt really nice. Looking back on it in the cold light of day, it's obvious that, although I really like this girl as a friend, I don't think of her in that way and I really don't want a relationship right now, not for a long time. I'm just feeling lonely right now and miss snuggling in bed.
Well, luckily I had to get up quite early and go to lectures, so there was no awkwardness there. I hope like hell, though, that she feels the same way as me. That it was nice to cuddle, but there can't be anything more, because I really don't want to lose a friend as awesome as her and I am really, really sick of having to break peoples hearts.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

bentheimmigrant wrote:Sweats. That's where it's at.
Sweats don't have nearly enough pockets. On a related note, I need to get a photography vest.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

bentheimmigrant
Dotcor Good Poster

Postby bentheimmigrant » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

Cargo sweats, then.
"Comment is free, but facts are sacred" - C.P. Scott

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:39 pm UTC

I am not going to tell you when I go potty, ok? I'm a big boy, and I don't need to announce this fact to you. I walk past you on my way out of my cubicle, so you should be fully aware that I am no longer at my desk. If you need me that badly, page me. I have one of those. It works.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:10 pm UTC

Next time, poison the drinking fountains in your workplace with several thousand milligrams of chill pills.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

femtometer

Postby femtometer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

bentheimmigrant wrote:Cargo sweats, then.
I found these ones for only $124!

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 pm UTC

femtometer wrote:
bentheimmigrant wrote:Cargo sweats, then.
I found these ones for only $124!

Jesus Smurfing Christ, I can beat that price with nothing but a trip to JoAnne's for 20 bucks and 10 hours.

The EGE wrote:

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:57 pm UTC

Things I have accomplished at work today:

Drove to a different office to deliver a cable, spent 20 minutes helping them with crappy software.

That's not very good for 7 hours at work.

I just want to go home at this point.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:07 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I am not going to tell you when I go potty, ok? I'm a big boy, and I don't need to announce this fact to you. I walk past you on my way out of my cubicle, so you should be fully aware that I am no longer at my desk. If you need me that badly, page me. I have one of those. It works.

I'm feeling like you need a new job, dawg. You've had post after post about annoying people in your workplace.
uhhhh fuck.

Enid

Postby Enid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

I know it was a bit ago now, but thank you everyone for the hugs. Some of my faith in humanity is restored.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

No lie. I'm looking for new gainful employ, and have several submissions out to that effect. However, for now I'm just trying to keep the rage-bomb from reaching Delta levels.

The EGE wrote:

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 pm UTC

17 minutes until I can sneak out of here.

OOh 16!
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

SummerGlauFan

Postby SummerGlauFan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:01 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I am not going to tell you when I go potty, ok? I'm a big boy, and I don't need to announce this fact to you. I walk past you on my way out of my cubicle, so you should be fully aware that I am no longer at my desk. If you need me that badly, page me. I have one of those. It works.

If I didn't already know you worked at a hospital, I would have guessed you worked at my company.

I have sooo many workrages to post right now, it's not even funny. But, I'm on lunch-break right now and don't have the time.
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 am UTC

So apparently, even if you have an Unlimited Account with AutoCheck, they will temporarily shut off your account if you run more than an undisclosed number of reports until they can verify that you're not using the reports for commercial purposes.

To reactivate your account, you must contact customer service using a webform. This is all fine and dandy, except for the fact that I'm trying to buy a car this weekend and the customer service office is only open Monday through Friday from 0900-1700. UGH. :evil:
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

hintss

Postby hintss » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:05 am UTC

its almost monday!

anyway, these matrices are using lots of paper

Venn

Postby Venn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:26 am UTC

Today (and yesterday, and every Tuesday for the past three weeks) I realized that Copperplate Gothic Light is the new Papyrus. FML.

It's fucking everywhere and there seems to be nothing one dedicated type vigilante can do about it. I considered writing passive-aggressive sticky notes and attaching them to spam mail and storefront offenders, but instead I vented my anger on Facebook. And now here.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:04 am UTC

Venn wrote:Today (and yesterday, and every Tuesday for the past three weeks) I realized that Copperplate Gothic Light is the new Papyrus. FML.

It's fucking everywhere and there seems to be nothing one dedicated type vigilante can do about it. I considered writing passive-aggressive sticky notes and attaching them to spam mail and storefront offenders, but instead I vented my anger on Facebook. And now here.

Not even Papyrus bothers me that much. I really don't what I dislike about that font, but I loathe it.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

Venn

Postby Venn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:21 am UTC

The EGE wrote:
Venn wrote:Today (and yesterday, and every Tuesday for the past three weeks) I realized that Copperplate Gothic Light is the new Papyrus. FML.

Not even Papyrus bothers me that much. I really don't what I dislike about that font, but I loathe it.

Visceral reaction? The knowledge that poor typographical choices are a potential indicator of One Of Those Jerks That Blocks Crosswalks During Red Lights? After a long day, my traffic rants are starting to meld into my typographical rants.

Funnily enough, though, I am kind of mellowing out when it comes to Papyrus. Quite a few of my friends have hinted at getting me birthday cards set in Papyrus, though, so maybe I'm just bracing myself.

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:45 am UTC

I really wish that my parents would realize that I am not them. Every time I mention I'm going to or have gone to a party they're always telling me not to drink or do drugs, as if that were even an issue. I have made very clear my stance on these subjects, but they absolutely refuse to act as if I know what I'm talking about. I was conceived at a drunken party by two dumb teenagers who didn't have the slightest clue how to provide for a child, and one of them already had a baby. I know more than enough not to act all like they did when they were my age, I am the most fucking rebellious teenager ever in that I am a "Good Kid". I just wish they'd be proud of me or something, instead of suspicious.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:45 am UTC

Fuck you, Banshee, for continuing to crash every few minutes. Also for forcing me to try switching to Rhythmbox. :?

I'd rant about Rhythmbox, but this guy covered everything pretty well.

EDIT: Screw this, I'm making my own media player, with blackjack and hookers. Actually, forget the media player.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:49 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Fuck you, Banshee, for continuing to crash every few minutes. Also for forcing me to try switching to Rhythmbox. :?

EDIT: Screw this, I'm making my own media player, with blackjack and hookers. Actually, forget the media player.

Does Linux really need another media player, though?

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:54 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:Fuck you, Banshee, for continuing to crash every few minutes. Also for forcing me to try switching to Rhythmbox. :?

No, but it can always use more blackjack and hookers. Everything can always use more blackjack and hookers.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

OBrien

Postby OBrien » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 am UTC

I don't wanna go to work!
Seriously, what with uni every weekday, this is the third 7-day week I've had in a row. Since the 4th I have not had one day off. So fucking demoralising!
Ah well, at least I have next weekend off to spend with my family.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:04 am UTC

Dude, cuddling my best friend does NOT mean I fancy her, or that she fancies me. She has a boyfriend, and is a lesbian, and I am gay. That is NEVER going to happen. Also, fuck you for deciding that you didn't trust me enough to not check that my new (and first) piercing isn't magnetic. What the fuck, dude. And then you went on to tell her that she needs to "sort her face out". I swear to God, if you're that much of a dickmunch again, I'm going to clock you.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 am UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:

No, but it can always use more blackjack and hookers. Everything can always use more blackjack and hookers.

I'll take the hookers and you can have the blackjack.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

What, no blow?
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:09 pm UTC

Dude, hookers.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Return to “General”