Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Rakysh

Re: Rant Thread - The Spites of Wraith

Postby Rakysh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 pm UTC

Oh, I see. Hmm. I suppose it had better be good.

OH SHI-

EDIT: And a pagetopper as well. Bugger. I had better find something interesting to put here.

Conservapedia wrote:Here we go again: atheistic nation underperforms in a big athletic competition, as England embarrasses itself with a tie in its soccer opening. We already knew atheists don't build hospitals. Now this, as we saw with Canada in the Olympics.

Interesting and a lil bit funny in a scary way.
Last edited by Rakysh on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

I'm not bothered by vuvuzelas at the football, because quite honestly being subjected to the football is worse than the noise. What I do object to is the notion than only the people in Scotland and Wales are allowed to be British and not support England. Radio one is going to broadcast a rant about the football tomorrow, but not in Scotland or Wales, so's not to offend them. Bullshit, what about us in England who can't wait for us to lose just to get rid of the whole affair from British media.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:So... wait. Are you pro-vuvuzela? Because it sounds like you are suggesting we should accept vuvuzelas just like we should accept racism, and the two are somehow alike.
Looking back, I made very little sense beyond "vuvuzelas are part of the culture". Sorry, my racism remarks were unfounded and didn't add anything, they made me look like I was defending racist chants, which I don't nor do I mean to Again, I failed to think before I posted.

My bad and thanks to Felstaff for pointing out my poor argument. I had not known about the huge crackdown on racism in football.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

pooteeweet

Postby pooteeweet » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 pm UTC

Apparently someone in the general vicinity of our home has a firing range in their back yard. They've been using it all fucking day. Rrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh. It stops for 5-10 minutes at a time, then shots ring out again. Sometimes a few, sometimes a long string. Sometimes the shots are accompanied by clangs. I'm indoors with the windows closed and I can hear it all quite clearly. It's obnoxious and I can't help but think of that news story on the radio a few weeks ago about the college professor who was shot dead at his dining room table by a stray bullet from a neighbor's improperly set up backyard firing range. But mostly it's just obnoxious because it's been going on for HOURS.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm UTC

Moo wrote:So you don't even watch the games, therefor I cannot imagine you being affected by the vuvuzelas; you just bitch and moan about them because... why? Everyone else is doing it?

Rant: fuck off world. Vuvuzelas are a unique and ingrained part of African soccer and if you didn't want them at the world cup, you should have thought about that before awarding it to an African country. Who are you to decide what form of fan support is better than another? Fan chants (which often contain foul language at games children go to!) and brass bands are not terribly different. If your broadcaster can't turn their commentator levels up and the stadium noise down I don't see how that's the fans' problem. Footballers or people going to the stadiums might have justifyable reason to complain but all this jumping on the bandwagon from thousands of miles away is getting on my tits.

Yeah, of course, I'm complaining about something I've never even heard. :roll:

I dislike just about every aspect of soccer though, and I think all the forms of fan support suck. Chill down.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:41 pm UTC

I'm sorry, but vuvuzelas are annoying as fuck and don't even add anything to the atmosphere. It's just BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOHGODSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 pm UTC

RANT:

There's this guy I work with. We'll call him "Slobbermeister Meisterslobber" to protect the anon. He smacks his lips as he eats, chews his food with his mouth open, and types like his fingers are jackhammers and the keys are completely unresponsive. He hunt'n'pecks his keys, instead of typing like the trained professional he's supposed to be. Mostly it is the lip-smacking-mouth-breathing thing. He eats nothing but crunchy food, I wish I could emulate it via the internet, but just imagine CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPCHOMPCHOMPSMACK. For. Fifty. Minutes. He eats at his desk, instead of going to the cafeteria. He doesn't work while eating, OH NO, he sits at his desk and stares out the fucking window. CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACK....

I don't get a lunch break, because I *must* be at my desk for the entire shift. (I'm serious, this is something that I knew coming into the job, and is an actual honest requirement.) So I can't avoid his CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPCHOMPCHOMPSMACK. I swear, there are times where I just want to go over and muzzle him.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

smw543

Postby smw543 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I wish I could emulate it via the internet,

Don't worry, I can hear it just fine coming from my kitchen.

In related news, I'm off to stab my roommate.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 am UTC

Chfan wrote:I'm sorry, but vuvuzelas are annoying as fuck and don't even add anything to the atmosphere. It's just BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOHGODSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

You may be interested in this, then. (Browse the internet like you're at a World Cup match in South Africa!)
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Dark Avorian

Postby Dark Avorian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:25 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:
Chfan wrote:I'm sorry, but vuvuzelas are annoying as fuck and don't even add anything to the atmosphere. It's just BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOHGODSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

You may be interested in this, then. (Browse the internet like you're at a World Cup match in South Africa!)

OH GOD! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU...
The 62-foot tall statue of Jesus constructed out of styrofoam, wood and fiberglass resin caught on fire after the right hand of the statue was struck by lightning.

meatyochre wrote:And yea, verily the forums crowd spake: "Teehee!"

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

Cold sores suck.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

True dat.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:RANT:

There's this guy I work with. We'll call him "Slobbermeister Meisterslobber" to protect the anon. He smacks his lips as he eats, chews his food with his mouth open, and types like his fingers are jackhammers and the keys are completely unresponsive. He hunt'n'pecks his keys, instead of typing like the trained professional he's supposed to be. Mostly it is the lip-smacking-mouth-breathing thing. He eats nothing but crunchy food, I wish I could emulate it via the internet, but just imagine CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPCHOMPCHOMPSMACK. For. Fifty. Minutes. He eats at his desk, instead of going to the cafeteria. He doesn't work while eating, OH NO, he sits at his desk and stares out the fucking window. CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACK....

I don't get a lunch break, because I *must* be at my desk for the entire shift. (I'm serious, this is something that I knew coming into the job, and is an actual honest requirement.) So I can't avoid his CHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPSMACKCHOMPSMACKSLURPCHOMPCHOMPSMACK. I swear, there are times where I just want to go over and muzzle him.

Rant, part two:

So this same guy comes in this morning, and starts complaining about how someone sat down next to him on the bus and started eating "in the most sloppy, noisy manner possible, showing absolutely no manners at all". I actually broke the pencil I was holding between my two fingers I was filled with such rage. He's talking about how he can't sleep on the bus at all because people are "too noisy, and they don't respect his desire for peace and quiet". I managed a blank exterior expression but I wanted to ask him if he understood what irony or karma were.

The EGE wrote:

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm UTC

Instead of building up resentment towards him, would it hurt to actually tell him you find his eating habits annoying? From what you've said, it's fairly clear he doesn't realise he's doing it. How can he correct it if he doesn't know it's a problem?
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Instead of building up resentment towards him, would it hurt to actually tell him you find his eating habits annoying? From what you've said, it's fairly clear he doesn't realise he's doing it. How can he correct it if he doesn't know it's a problem?

Sadly, this issue has been broached in the past without success by people here in the office. It fixes the problem for about 10 minutes before he completely reverts. The gentleman in question is one year from retirement, and as such is rather set in his ways. Being the "new buck" around the office, I've not quite adjusted to the fact that "this is just the way it is". I simply remind myself that in a year at most he'll be gone, and I won't have to worry about it.

The EGE wrote:

Levi

Postby Levi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 am UTC

My brother is an ass.

Esperite

Postby Esperite » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:33 am UTC

The backspace button on my keyboard was messed up, so after messing around a bit I took it off to clean out under it and then put it back on. And then I couldn't get it back on at all =( So now my laptop has the crappy num thing instead of a backspace button =(.
"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
— Oscar Wilde

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:01 am UTC

Hotels are stupid. I have money! Let me get a fucking room! Why does me being 17 matter so much?!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:27 am UTC

*after checking the drama department website*

Oh, cool! They released what the school musical will be for next year.

*goes to look it up*

Oh, that's not that bad a plot. I mean, it sounds a bit cheesy but it can't be that bad. Depending on how they do it, it might actually be interesting. I'll go look up the songs in the order that Wikipedia's giving me.

Spoiler:
*the first song -- aka what will probably be the best song of the musical, sadly*

Oh my goodness, I hate stories that treat adolescence as the pinnacle of human existence. Could this protagonist whine any more? Yeah, your parents divorcing really sucks and so does relocating from your home but it's not the end of the world! Shut up!

And really, you're only turning 13. 13 isn't that big of a milestone. There is no magical fairy that comes and tells you how to be a disrespectful, rebellious git that can charm everyone and give off the illusion of cool a teenager, just like there's no magical fairy that comes at 18 to give you competence and the ability to handle R-rated movies and sex.

*the second song -- aka where we get introduced to the whiny love interest*

Oh, great. The main character's instantly loved by the quirky yet charming girl with a new take on an old name who's clamoring for a higher plane of existence. That's not lazy story writing at all, is it? I wager five bucks that Patrice becomes the protagonist's girlfriend at the end. No matter how he goes and messes things up for himself and others, his wonderful protagonist charm will manage to save the day. Does anyone want to take me up on that offer?

*the third song -- aka where a good beat and decent support by the henchmen could have saved a mediocre song*

Could this get any more obnoxious!? Not every preteen boy is obsessed with "The Tongue" and "what follows after", you know. I understand that they're 13 years old and puberty's probably just starting for them. However, it's not that big a deal!

The monkey sidekicks are really pissing me off. I think that it's the vapidness of their parts combined with how the individual actors are playing them. To be honest, I could forgive everything if the music were just a bit better. It's what I did for The Wedding Singer. Still... it could be worse.

*the fourth song -- aka where we get mentions of a school that could only really exist in a universe where Hitler won the war*

...Yeah, every school is broken up into the rigid social groups that we invented decades ago. I don't know about you but the geeks, jocks, preps, and goths are segregated wonderfully at my school. In fact, trying to intermingle will usually get you drawn and quartered. Rectally. Also, every nerd/geek/outcast is obviously socially deficient, falls under the umbrella of the Nice Guy, and is a scheming, lying little prick inside. (Maybe I'm just taking this too personally since this is the "social group" I identify with most)

* the fifth song -- aka oh, love interest, it's okay. You'll get a decent song one day*

Standard song about friendship and betrayal, blah blah blah. "Look at all this stuff I did! Look at how he's repaid me! I deserve better! That prick should die a horrible, painful, fiery death!" I've heard it tons of times before. Next!

*sigh*

*keeps going through the songs*

Song Six -- aka guess how offensive we can get, people! already, we've passed racist transformer level!: Ha ha, yeah! Terminal illnesses and disabilities are so obviously things to exploit in order to get things you don't deserve! I mean, it's not as if anyone could find that callousness offensive! The protagonist even said that he's not making fun of the fact that Nice Guy is suffering from a horrible illness and so it must be okay, right!? And those cunning references to his Jewishness are perfect. They serve to highlight just how alien other religions are to our Christian-saturated society and they do so in a way that form a biting social commentary of contemporary culture. ...Right? That is the effect you were going for, right?

Song Seven -- aka because overconfidence and cockiness can make up for complete lack of talent, right!?: And... Sex God. Wonderful. It seems as if every single boy in this school is unbelievably horny and perverted all of the time. I imagine that the school has to provide tissues and magazines in the boys bathroom for them. Then... "Free from the public's prying eyes/There with my girl in the chair beside me/I can reveal my big surprise" Look, man, I'm all in favor for public nudity at the right times but at a movie theater is not-- Oh, you meant the kissing thing. Quite sorry.

Song Eight -- aka the scandalous homosexual experience!: Hey! Penis! That hallmark of comedy that's only saved for the best times. Yeah, I definitely feel as if they brought it out at precisely the right time. Man, that writer was spot on. And that kiss! What a shock! What a delightful surprise!

*ragequits*

I just know that I'll be able to recite all of the songs by heart by the time that we're done with this putrid mess of a show. Next spring is going to be hellish //_x
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 am UTC

i'm going to guess you are doing 13?
my old highschool just did that. i heard it went well, but i didn't actually get to see it
ImageImageImageImageImage

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 pm UTC

It rained again today.

Come on, Anchorage, give me that awesome summer we had last year.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Dasboard
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Postby Dasboard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:27 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:It rained again today.

It's been fricking raining the past 3 days. And it's like 16 degrees C. It's june for christ's sake. :(
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 am UTC

Dasboard wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:It rained again today.

It's been fricking raining the past 3 days. And it's like 16 degrees C. It's june for christ's sake. :(

Where do you live?
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Dasboard
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Postby Dasboard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 am UTC

On a place where it's supposed to be sunn and 20 degrees right now. Not rain and 14. :shock:

The Netherlands, so yeah it's actually supposed to be warmer now.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:43 am UTC

Dasboard wrote:On a place where it's supposed to be sunn and 20 degrees right now. Not rain and 14. :shock:

The Netherlands, so yeah it's actually supposed to be warmer now.

Ah, I see.

Yeah, the weather here has been shitty lately. There's been rain every day for the past week or so, and temperatures have stayed between 55°F (13°C) and 65°F (18°C). It's difficult to enjoy the fact that the sun doesn't set until around midnight when it's raining all the friggin' time.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:33 am UTC

It is hot as fuck outside.
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

Damn fridge... I already spent about twice as much as it originally cost on repairs (it's second hand). And now there might be a problem with the compressor. If there is I'll just get a new one. But damn it it's annoying and costly.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:Damn fridge car... I already spent about twice thrice as much as it originally cost on repairs (it's second hand). And now there might be a problem with the compressor cam-belt tensioner. If there is I'll just get a new one stump up the cash to get it fixed because I'm quite fond of this car. But damn it it's annoying and costly.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:28 pm UTC

Material property sucks!
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm UTC

We should just all become Buddhists.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:49 pm UTC

Sharing beliefs with other people is so... conformist...

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:13 pm UTC

Chfan wrote:We should just all become Buddhists.

WHY DON'T WE ALL JUST SPEAK QUENYA??
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Raeluna

Postby Raeluna » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm UTC

Waka Waka annoys me to no end.

I like Wavin' Flag better :<
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:27 pm UTC

Wholly agreed, Raeluna.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Dasboard

Postby Dasboard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm UTC

Raeluna wrote:Waka Waka annoys me to no end.

I like Wavin' Flag better :<

Don't like neither. The World cup songs are a little to commercial for me.

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

Why can't you just bloody work? Is it really so hard to do one thing? Stupid mouse I hate you why won't you work consistently.

ALSO YOU GUYS: Your replacement is shit as well.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 pm UTC

Fucking parents :evil:
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 pm UTC

...ew.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:21 pm UTC

Seconded.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

I've just spent most of an evening trying to get Tombi 2 to play on my PC using various methods that are apparently super easy and work! I would have given up sooner if I hadn't got it to work so easily this morning.
Why do you hate me? What did I do differently? You worked this morning and when I stopped for lunch I was kind of hoping you'd still work afterwards...
Ⓞⓞ◯

Return to “General”