Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Teapot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:08 pm UTC

ARGH! Fuck you! Fuck you and your stupid arguments and your telling me to relax and telling me I'm trying to be a morally superior shit and all your fucking gossip and bitching and stupid, arrogant world views! Fuck you! My friends are supposed to know better...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

User avatar
Chfan
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 pm UTC
Location: American East Coast

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Chfan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

At least you got her attention...
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

User avatar
Baldur
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Baldur » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

I am fed up of this. I am fed up of calling people out on the shit they spout. I am fed up of trying to be Basically Decent all the time. I am fed up of being a feminist, of trying to get people to listen. I am not handing out divine knowledge, but it would be nice if people listened and actually attempted to hear my side. Fuck this shit. I am fed up of being shouted at for trying to be tolerant. Is wanting the human race to be more tolerant a bad thing? According to the majority of people I talk with, supposedly it is!

Hey, sister? I want to wear feminine clothes - so what? Nothing wrong with that. Hey, that rape joke? Actually pretty fucking offensive! Trans-gender people are as much a person as you or I - they are not freaks, so fuck you, Dad! Homosexuals are not evil, they're actually as normal as you or me! That racist joke? It actually is damaging society! On society, hey it's pretty fucking patriarchal/male dominated!

But, hey! I'm just this guy, who comes across as belittling, over the top and over sensitive! It's nice that you've cut down on these jokes, but you're just doing it so I don't get on at you! That's not much of a fucking improvement, shit heads!

Seriously, what is the point in trying to do any of this, if there are no improvements?

Edit: I've just realised - I'm just going to go out and do this again. I don't know why, but for some reason I know I'm just going to go out and cause more grief, because I believe it is the "right" thing to do. Fuck, I hope I'm not wrong.
Last edited by Baldur on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

User avatar
lulzfish
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby lulzfish » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 pm UTC

Drupal, stop being a stupid shit and work.
Apache, PHP, MySql, stop being horrifically complex. Stop it.

"Don't criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes"

lulzfish: "web stuff sucks"
*later*
lulzfish: "holy shit I was right, web stuff SUCKS"

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:41 am UTC

PD1, a mandatory "professional development" course I must take this term because my next term is a co-op work term makes me hate the world. I must receive a minimum grade of 75% on every activity and 100% on every exercise. These can be resubmitted repeatedly. The activities and exercises are ridiculous, and I hate doing them. Despite numerous resubmissions, I have still not achieved a passing grade one or two activities from the beginning of the term. Blargh! I don't want to have to go through this again.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Levi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:48 am UTC

I hate elves. Especially their short jokes. I WILL NOT STOP CUTTING DOWN TREES FOR YOU STUPID HIPPIES. AT LEAST BE POLITE. YOU'RE GOING DOWN, ELVES.

For some reason I'm feeling a little bit passionate about Dwarf Fortress today. I guess the short joke just put me over the edge.

User avatar
Raeluna
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:28 am UTC
Location: Under Your Bed... ಠ_ಠ
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Raeluna » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:16 am UTC

If I hear one more thing about Twilight or New Moon, I am going to punch you in the teeth. I swear to god.

You *know* I think that book series is a flaming meteor of shit and I've explained WHY 10+ times! WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. UGH.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.


Image

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:25 am UTC

Raeluna wrote:If I hear one more thing about Twilight or New Moon, I am going to punch you in the teeth. I swear to god.

You *know* I think that book series is a flaming meteor of shit and I've explained WHY 10+ times! WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. UGH.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.
Answer: flamethrower and a wooden stake.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:37 am UTC

Today my best friend's Republican brother made a joke about "wanting to shoot Obama during hunting season."

I'm pretty sure he wasn't setting out to deliberately make a remark loaded with ugly racist connotations stretching all the way back to whites hunting down escaped slaves with dogs and guns, and it undoubtedly never entered into his head, but, shit, why don't people think about this stuff before they open their privileged white Republican mouths? Blargh.

@Baldur: sometimes I don't say anything anymore because I'm so tired of explaining the same stuff over and over again and rehashing all the exact same arguments out with different people all the time. I really admire your strength, that you don't stay quiet even though you're also tired and frustrated.

@Raeluna: *hugs* Maybe if you explain it one more time, it'll get through? :(
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
CueBall
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere with a gherkin in the middle.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby CueBall » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:45 am UTC

RAZZLEFRAZZLEENORMOUSFUCKWITTAZZLEDAZZLE
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:47 am UTC

Stupid fucking people! I wish I could argue with you, but I don't feel like looking like the bad guy, which I know would happen.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Raeluna
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:28 am UTC
Location: Under Your Bed... ಠ_ಠ
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Raeluna » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:02 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Raeluna wrote:If I hear one more thing about Twilight or New Moon, I am going to punch you in the teeth. I swear to god.

You *know* I think that book series is a flaming meteor of shit and I've explained WHY 10+ times! WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. UGH.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.
Answer: flamethrower and a wooden stake.


I...I think I love you.

Also, wooden stakes are only for real vampires. Not sparkly human-shaped disco balls. <______< </rage>
thicknavyrain wrote:Marry me. Now.


Image

"So, why are you a fruit bat?"
"I dunno, healthier I guess."
"Well yeah, but 'I vant to suck your melons' just doesn't have the same ring to it."

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8567
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:04 am UTC

Stabbing them in the heart with a stake won't kill them? It would kill most human-like things.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
podbaydoor
Posts: 7548
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 am UTC

Meyer's vampires have invulnerable skin, apparently.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

User avatar
smw543
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 am UTC
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby smw543 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 am UTC

According to Yahoo Answers, the only way to kill a Twilight vampire is to "tear him to shreds, and then burn the pieces." Dammit, that is crappy worldbuilding. You don't go and make your essential characters borderline invincible; it sucks all the tension out of any physical conflict, especially in a genre that revolves around death.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby michaelandjimi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am UTC

Yeah, especially when they only reason that they're secret and don't have people-slaughterhouses everywhere is that they're scared.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Teapot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:43 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:@Baldur: sometimes I don't say anything anymore because I'm so tired of explaining the same stuff over and over again and rehashing all the exact same arguments out with different people all the time. I really admire your strength, that you don't stay quiet even though you're also tired and frustrated.
This. Especially with arguments that I pretty much end up getting you involved in...

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Stupid fucking people! I wish I could argue with you, but I don't feel like looking like the bad guy, which I know would happen.
This is what happened yesterday. I came out of it looking like the bad guy to everyone in my old group of friends, so I deleted all the ones that were arguing with me from all my contacts. I felt crap about it when I did it but I'm pretty sure that a) I was in the right and b) it was only a matter of time before something like this happened anyway so I'm not all that bothered any more.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 am UTC

So standard things don't work?
Hmm....Time to go overboard I reckon;
You know those trees in America within which a car can pass through the trunk they're so large, get a large robot to pick one up and sharpen it to a point, stab the fuckers with that, then coat them in about two tons of thermite and let it auto-ignite.
I totally didn't edit this nor did I forget about thermites properties.... *shifty eyes*
Last edited by ACU-LP on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:two tons of thermite and set it on fire.
Well technically you wouldn't have to set it on fire because it would autoignite...

[/pedantry]


I mean... YEAH! BURN THE FUCKERS!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8567
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:32 am UTC

Grr... I hate it when I want to do something and then suddenly I forgot it completely.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:30 pm UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Meowgan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am UTC

To the person who stole some of my birthday money,
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. If I knew who you were I would completely distance myself from you.
So I invite you into my house and this is what you do in return? And now I don't know who I can trust.
I hope you feel guilty about this. I hope you feel as guilty as I feel sad.
Megan.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Raeluna wrote:If I hear one more thing about Twilight or New Moon, I am going to punch you in the teeth. I swear to god.

You *know* I think that book series is a flaming meteor of shit and I've explained WHY 10+ times! WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. UGH.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.
Answer: flamethrower and a wooden stake.
Also: http://survivingtheworld.net/Recitation34.html
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26822
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:10 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:two tons of thermite and set it on fire.
Well technically you wouldn't have to set it on fire because it would autoignite...[/pedantry]

Thermite autoignites? Since when? I thought it needed to be lit with magnesium since a standard match flame or whatever wouldn't be hot enough to ignite it.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Fledermen64
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Fledermen64 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:23 pm UTC

My neighbors deicided to have there lawn service come in at 9 am. Would be fine other than the fact that im up until three every night and my window faces their house. For their sake they better hope it was a one time thing. Im am neither sane nor rational when woken up early and made angry.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

User avatar
kriel
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere I'm not.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby kriel » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

I told my roommate, that while he's up in wisconsin for thanksgiving, he may want to talk to his father about moving back in sometime mid-january, if his job situation doesn't improve and he doesn't have a better idea for where to go. This is the same roommate who's yet to pay more than half his rent at all for the last... oh... 8+ months. (I don't remember him being here at xmas, but I know he was here in april.)

He got all upset and "It's not my fault, I work for a job that depends on the weather. I'll give you what I can, but..."
At this point, The sound of boiling blood in my ears drowned out the rest of his voice.

Now, I just friended two people who I was a little iffy of friending on facebook, because I know they've used me abit in the past. The moment I friend both of them, I get a flood of PMs asking for tech support.

... :evil:

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:two tons of thermite and set it on fire.
Well technically you wouldn't have to set it on fire because it would autoignite...[/pedantry]

Thermite autoignites? Since when? I thought it needed to be lit with magnesium since a standard match flame or whatever wouldn't be hot enough to ignite it.

In general, you're correct. But autoignition temperature decreases as pressure increases. And if you had two tons, it would autoignite under its own weight.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Kyberely
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:57 pm UTC
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Kyberely » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 pm UTC

Fuck you. Stop 'jokingly' abusing me on facebook and msn. Stop accusing me of breaking your phone when you've already said you did it yourself. Stop dragging me and my boyfriend into a conversation on msn when we want to talk to each other. Can you do something decent for a change like give back all the money you owe me before asking for more that you probably won't pay back or give back the things you borrowed and never returned?
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

User avatar
crickets
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:57 am UTC
Location: Edmonton, AB
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby crickets » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:49 am UTC

Argh. Customers.
Spoiler:
I recently started working in a gas station again, and i find that people have not gotten any more intelligent or respectful.
For example:
I am standing over here. Putting your items on the far OTHER END of the couter, a solid four feet away from me and then glaring at me when i motion you over /to my till/ so i can ring you through is not helping anyone. Also, don't throw down your items and then stare at the chocolate bars for five minutes while there are people behind you. Just tell me you're not ready yet, and i'll put your things to the side and help the people behind you.
If you want to pay for something ENTIRELY IN CHANGE, please have said change ready when you come to the till. There are five people in the line behind you, and waiting for five minutes so you can dig another eighty cents out of your pocket isn't making anyone happy. Worse when you've made me ring through ten items and then decide you need to run to the car to pay for them. If you do that, i'm clearing all your items off my register and you're going to the back of the line.
Get off your cell phone. Or, at least, don't give me dirty looks when i ask you /why you're here/. It's my job. I will happily ring you through silently if you could just give me some clue as to what you want.
There are some things i have to do, like ask for ID with credit cards, and switch the pumps to prepay/pay outside only. This isn't my fault, and yelling at me isn't going to make it different, it's just going to make me nervous and make you seem like an ass.


And lastly:
If you don't know, just ask. Please. It's easier for everyone if you just ask me how to play the lotto, or how to use pay at the pump, or how these new card thingies work, rather than pretend you know and have everything go terribly wrong from there.
I'm more than happy to help you figure out what kind of smokes you want, or help you figure out what to ask for with the new lottery.


It all amounts to:
1) Respect me, and more importantly, respect the /other people in the store/. They have lives, and places to go, and you going out of your way to act like your special doesn't bug me as much as it does them.
2) Let me help you. Believe it or not, i really can, because i am good at this job. I know what i'm doing. And if you need special help and are polite about asking for it, i will go way out of my way to make sure you get it.

Be nice to your customer service people.
Or at least, don't be an ass.
SecondTalon wrote:Virtue may be it's own reward, but so are Skittles.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:55 pm UTC

Rant: A piece of work that should have taken an hour or two is looking like it's going to take all day to finish. Why? Because the computer I'm trying to do it on is shit. It's a Pentium 4 with a quarter gig of RAM, and I'm trying to do image editing on it. Nothing fancy, just putting transparent blocks over map. But apparently that's too hard for this machine to handle. And every 5 minutes, it autosaves. It takes a painfully long time to autosave, and I can't do anything while it's doing it.

/frustration
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
CueBall
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere with a gherkin in the middle.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby CueBall » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:58 pm UTC

If you owe someone money, and you can't pay, fine. If the reason you can't pay is because you've spent over £100 on trains and visiting your ex, to give them a ring that you lied about buying, that's not fine. If you want to do stupid things, do it on your own damn tab. I'm 17, I can't finance you.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:07 pm UTC

CueBall wrote:If you owe someone money, and you can't pay, fine. If the reason you can't pay is because you've spent over £100 on trains and visiting your ex, to give them a ring that you lied about buying, that's not fine. If you want to do stupid things, do it on your own damn tab. I'm 17, I can't finance you.


Never lend to a friend. This is pretty much the exact reason that saying exists.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
CueBall
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere with a gherkin in the middle.
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby CueBall » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:13 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
CueBall wrote:If you owe someone money, and you can't pay, fine. If the reason you can't pay is because you've spent over £100 on trains and visiting your ex, to give them a ring that you lied about buying, that's not fine. If you want to do stupid things, do it on your own damn tab. I'm 17, I can't finance you.


Never lend to a friend. This is pretty much the exact reason that saying exists.


I've never heard it. And I won't, anymore. Goddamn, he's useless.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

User avatar
scikidus
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:34 pm UTC
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby scikidus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:28 pm UTC

Rant:

Yes, it is now the holiday season. The US holiday season officially begins when the man dressed as Santa Claus crosses the entrance to the huge Macy's store in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade here in New York City. This is widely accepted.

Therefore, until this event takes place (11:57AM EST today by my reckoning), Corporate America has NO RIGHT to start filling my head with jingles and Christmas tree and the like.

As much as I enjoy the season, I do not like seeing Aflac commercials where the duck mascot replaces Rudolf on Santa's sleigh in mid-November.

Happy holidays everyone.
Happy hollandaise!

"The universe is a figment of its own imagination" -Douglas Adams

User avatar
Ashlah
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Ashlah » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:29 pm UTC

crickets wrote:Be nice to your customer service people.
Or at least, don't be an ass.

Yes yes yes. I work in retail, and argh. People are terrible. My new business model is to kill all customers. Think it will be successful?
I go to work tonight/tomorrow morning at 3:15am, and I'm afraid of what mood the customers will be in. Especially when we run out of our free snow globes...

blue_eyedspacemonkey
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Salford, UK
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:09 pm UTC

Fecking fecking fecking feck.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:07 pm UTC

Why the fuck have you seemingly chosen to not input the few assignments that would have made my grade really go up?! Like that one quiz that I got a 29/30 on. Or any of my fucking summer work which would have raised my grade by over 5 percent! Or when I found mistakes in your grading on one of my tests and you said you'd "look it over"? Well that was like two weeks ago and you still haven't done shit about it! This is why I still have B's in your classes! Please do your fucking job!!!

Also, I've been sucking up to you as much as possible this year! I went on your stupid hike (which only 4 other people went on) and I went to the math competition (5 other people) and a couple days ago I taught one of your classes so that you could leave early for vacation! Yes, I've been late to physics a lot, but its never been by more than 5 minutes, and to make up for it I cleaned out your fucking closet! I think the least you could do would be to do your fucking job and input a few grades!!!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

General_Norris
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm UTC

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby General_Norris » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:17 pm UTC

My mom is a fucking homophobe, I think everybody knows how bad temper I have normally so imagine my bad temper when a strawman attacks gay people because "it's not natural"

Fuck you, fuck your religon and fuck your narrow-mindness.

That's why I never tell you about my girlfriends, and yes that's a plural. Also stop bringing your sister here, I hate her, she's worse on every level imaginable.

Also if all the reasons you have for not allowing me to use three screens on my PC is "because not" you suck.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:10 am UTC

My mother called me a half an hour before my alarm clock went off this morning to ask me what my address was.

This birthday present better be fucking awesome.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 am UTC

Stop being such a fucking baby. Yes, you have a cold, but you don't need to inconvenience everyone else so much!
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
Jedifreak
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm UTC
Location: In a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Re: Rant Thread - The Spates of Wrath

Postby Jedifreak » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:13 am UTC

scikidus wrote:Rant:

Yes, it is now the holiday season. The US holiday season officially begins when the man dressed as Santa Claus crosses the entrance to the huge Macy's store in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade here in New York City. This is widely accepted.

Therefore, until this event takes place (11:57AM EST today by my reckoning), Corporate America has NO RIGHT to start filling my head with jingles and Christmas tree and the like.

As much as I enjoy the season, I do not like seeing Aflac commercials where the duck mascot replaces Rudolf on Santa's sleigh in mid-November.

Happy holidays everyone.

My father actually physically cringes when he sees that happen. It doesn't happen as often since we got a DVR.

The irony is, in my state we have a specific Radio commercial that we use to know when to start decorating for Christmas. Every year, exactly one day after Thanksgiving, it starts playing, and stops on Christmas Eve. It's like an Ad-larm clock.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=Jedifreak
http://www.geist-panik.com
Jin_Asias wrote:I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library

Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests