Looking for a reliable site about geography

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Nomic

Looking for a reliable site about geography

Postby Nomic » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 am UTC

I need to write a 2 page essay about the Moessel river, which is a river that flows through Germany, France and a buch of other places. I checked wikipedia for info, but a) there wasn't much info about it and b) I'm not sure if wikipedia counts as a reliable source. So anybody know an internet site with information about geography, more specifically European rivers? I'll also go check the local library for any books on the subject.

Benny the Bear

Re: Looking for a reliable site about geography

Postby Benny the Bear » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 am UTC

Perhaps check the sources of the appropriate wiki page?

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:38 am UTC

I didn't do any Internetting on the subject whatsoever, but here's some crap I just made up:

* Perhaps the Möselle/Mössel/Möβelle River was mentioned in the Saga period. I seem to recall the river mentioned in Saga of the Volsungs or some other work from the period (Nibelungenleid, maybe?). You could write about the historical context and the impact it had on the migratory patterns of ancient peoples, and their written accounts of such migrations (pretty much the basis of the entire Saga Period).

* It goes through France, and it's a river. 2+2=WINE. Write about how Mosselle wine differs from wine grown in other regions.

* Google provides more than Wikipedia. I only go to Wikipedia if it's the first hit on a Google search.

EDIT: Is this paper limited to geography, and only geography? If your teach/prof doesn't want to hear about sociology or history, but wants straight-up geography, then you're screwed.

Numquam

Postby Numquam » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:19 am UTC

Check the references at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. I have always found them to be interesting and relevant to the article.
admiror, o internet, te non cecidisse (ruinis)
qui tot scriptorum taedia sustineas

Return to “General”