Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Re: Confessional Bed - Not just for pillow talk!

Postby Jessica » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm UTC

Fess: it still bugs me when I see it. I know that it shouldn't. It still just does.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:19 am UTC

I think we might lose each other.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:37 am UTC

Confession: I accidentally looked into a thread I made a year ago that I promised I wouldn't visit ever again because of egosearch. I only saw one post, but I still feel like I let down all those people who posted in it and then forgot about it.

(The post was michaelandjimi calling me a jerkface, by the way.)
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 am UTC

It's okay, Upsilon. I don't really think you're a jerkface.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:06 am UTC

Thanks. I was probably acting like a jerkface before you said that, though.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:07 am UTC

You literally told us to insult you behind your back in the OP. I was only doing my duty.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:02 am UTC

Last night should have been a happy evening, instead it was one of my most miserable experiences in a long time. I wound up crying myself to sleep. And all because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Kyberely

Postby Kyberely » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 am UTC

Last night my friend was talking to her friend over MSN on my laptop and she decided to turn the webcam on. She was telling me about her friend and saying really nasty stuff about her. I didn't tell her the mic was on and her friend could hear everything she said.
Faye Whitaker wrote:His first thought would be "BJORN WANT HOT PEASANT GIRL"and his second thought would be "AUGH PEASANT GIRL ANALLY VIOLATING BJORN WITH BJORN'S OWN BATTLEAXE"

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:13 am UTC

Fess: I got fired. Not like I didn't see this coming. And I hated the job/my boss with a passion. Also, it's only a work-study job. It's not like I'm completely independent. Still, though. >.<

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Fess: I want to live without putting crap into my body: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, drugs, etc. Can anyone reveal to me a reason why this is complete bullshit and I've already been doing the exact opposite of this for fifteen years? Because I feel like that's probably true.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 am UTC

It's a question of purity vs. control. When you play video games, do you play them with nothing but official patches, et cetera? Or do you install mods? Do you consider it to be your game, or the designers? If you want to go through life with the gifts of your genetics and environment, that's a completely acceptable way of doing things. If you want to chemically hack your body to adjust your user experience, that's fine too.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am UTC

Chemical hacking ftw!
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Lithium33

Postby Lithium33 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 am UTC

Torvaun wrote:It's a question of purity vs. control. When you play video games, do you play them with nothing but official patches, et cetera? Or do you install mods? Do you consider it to be your game, or the designers? If you want to go through life with the gifts of your genetics and environment, that's a completely acceptable way of doing things. If you want to chemically hack your body to adjust your user experience, that's fine too.

I like your analogy. I think I have an addictive personality. I really like being fucked up (like now) and I don't ever really want to be sober. I've smoked weed three times today and it's 9:11 PM. If I had pills I would take them. It's kinda weird being able to logically conclude that drugs are bad, but still want them. Oh well, I'm just stoned and rambling. And everyone thinks I don't have issues anymore haahhahaa.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." Hunter S. Thompson

"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all." Neutral Milk Hotel

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 am UTC

French is my love language. :twisted:

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm UTC

I sometimes like to think I'm actually a kitten.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 pm UTC

Biohacking is totally awesome.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:46 pm UTC

In 6 days I'm going to be 18.
Now; that means I'm going to be an adult. This thought pleases me, as I've always been a bit of an adult, and despite my circumstances, in fact because of my circumstances, I've always been treated as a child.
But here's the thing; in 6 days I'm no longer going to be a child, but I've never been one, I never had the chance....
I've always been stuck in this gray zone; being an adult treated like a child.
And soon I shall never have the chance....
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:50 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Stuff

Well, when you're 18, you're legally adult. Which means that, legally, you're not a child anymore. But what stops you from feeling like a child?

Decker

Postby Decker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm UTC

Ocean wrote:

Well, when you're 18, you're legally adult. Which means that, legally, you're not a child anymore. But what stops you from feeling like a child?

Agreed. I'm 22 and I still don't feel grown up.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:57 pm UTC

The only nice bit about turning 18 was being able to get a phone contract in my own name. (Sorting that out was the only interesting thing I did on my 18th birthday.) I'm 20 in a bit over a month, which is pretty scary, but I do know that it's going to be as much as an anticlimax as turning 18 was. I figure I don't need to even particularly consider growing up until I finish uni.
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:00 pm UTC

Recently, before my 17th birthday, I was kinda worried too. In less than a year I'll be considered an adult as well, and I'll have to sue my dad and everything. I'd rather not think about that kind of stuff.

Now, I've no idea if I've felt like a kid enough. Maybe it's just easy to oversee those moments. It probably is. It's never too late to have fun, though, and that's all that matters =)

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:01 pm UTC

Decker wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Agreed. I'm 22 and I still don't feel grown up.
What stops me feeling like a child? The fact I never have.

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:What stops me feeling like a child? The fact I never have.

Maybe you need to reconsider what you think defines feeling like a child. I mean, you must've felt like a child sometime in your life? I can't imagine you haven't. I don't really know how I define how it feels to be like a child, but it's something like innocent fun or play (which I should have more often).

Loosen up a bit, do silly things =D

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:23 pm UTC

Feeling like a child also involves a sense of inferiority.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:What stops me feeling like a child? The fact I never have.
I really empathise with you, here. This was actually something I was thinking about the other day, as I was removing my one surplus piercing for work reasons. I skipped childhood more or less, and after a couple years my one futile attempt at teenagerdom is also having to go [even if I did try that in my 20s]. I think.. well. Being the perpetual responsible one [or: whatever appropriate word you feel applies to you] isn't something you should regret. I do wish I could have had my childhood back to do child-y things [less so my teenage years, wouldn't take them back for any amount of money] but at the same time a lot of what makes me feel as though I was never really young is kind of what makes me me, it's a lot of who I am and often, as I find when I'm talking to other people, it's a lot of what people admire about me. You could well be in the same position. As long as you can have fun, and enjoy yourself, don't look back in sadness at a lost youth. Because, basically, you're probably going to be able to rock the whole "being an adult" gig, which is probably the more important thing to be good at.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:11 pm UTC

I just called one of my friends up for comparing a facebook app to rape and I know she's going to make a big deal out of it and say I'm over reacting and being over sensitive or it's just a joke or just a word or whatever and I don't think I really want to be having that argument with her and I know if I have to I'm just going to get really really angry at her and that'll lead to the rest of my friends taking her side and I don't want that to happen... I thought my friends had more common sense than this.

Edit: Oh good, she's chosen to completely ignore my comment in favour of telling me some random gossip about two people I don't even speak to at all... Should I be trying to explain my point or do I just ignore it? I don't think I'm a very good feminist sometimes...

Edit2: I've now got friend number 2 full on arguing with me and she's so fucking stubborn I know that I'm not going to get through to her. I'm all shaky and angry and I think I just want some hugs.
And I've just lost 2 friends. I wonder how long before the rest will follow (everyone in this group of friends kind of does everything these two want)...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 pm UTC

*hugs Teapot*

Aww. Sucks. Maybe they'll get over themselves and just admit they were overreacting later on?

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:11 pm UTC

You don't know this girl. She is the most stubborn person I know (and I know a fair few stubborn people). She's also of the opinion that her opinion is the only right opinion and is a master at making it look like everybody but her is in the wrong. I'm probably actually better off without her I just hate losing friends.
Moo wrote:

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 pm UTC

Losing friends does suck, but from where I'm sitting describing her as a friend seems to be stretching it a bit.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:16 pm UTC

She used to be better, we just kind of drifted apart a lot when we both went to uni. We both changed and that means we're not so good at being friendly towards each other any more, but that group of friends pretty much made me feel like I was an alright person when it seemed like nobody else liked me, so it's kind of hard thinking that they won't want to see me any more.
Moo wrote:

Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!

Postby Akira » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:28 pm UTC

Confession: I'm only logging on because I wanted to post in the Relationship thread, but then I got cold feet. >_>
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

reishka

Postby reishka » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:03 am UTC

I've been seriously stressed out lately. I've been on unemployment for a year (to the week), with no chance of a job on the horizon. I've been contemplating joining the military or going back to school because I'm getting jittery from doing NOTHING for the past year. I've looked at everything I need to do to be able to go back to school and it's just.. so daunting. I don't really know where to start and I'm already getting overwhelmed.

Add to that I haven't really had sex with my so in forever (try like... 3 times in 6 months). Neither of us has been in the mood because of stress due to unemployment and not having money and trying to make ends meet. (Not to mention the state of CT screwing us over on food stamps..)

I really just... I don't know what to do. I kinda just want a nice heavy drink and sleep through the rest of.. I dunno what. Week? Month? I don't even know.

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:58 am UTC

You've probably thought about it already, but what about voluntary work? It's a great way to get to do something and help people, so it'll likely make you feel better. It adds up to your resume as well, so it'll increase your chances at getting a job. Might be an idea =)

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:36 pm UTC

I still get scared of young Lebanese men.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

Apparently Anonymous

Postby Apparently Anonymous » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 pm UTC

I discovered an achy, almond-sized lump on the side of my neck.
I'm not _all_ that worried about it, I mean, it's probably nothing(although of course cancer and death and all that jazz is always somewhere in my mind when such things occur), but I just realized that I'm really aversive of telling anybody about it. Even my closest friends, even my mother. Heck, even random internet people.

If this happens to actually be something worth worrying about/a thing worth worrying about occurs in the future....what will I do?

kriel

Postby kriel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Fess: I could break up / be broken up with without shedding a tear; be screamed at and just kind of shrug it off... yet I'll randomly cry during movies. And not even always at the soppy parts.

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Postby sillybear25 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 pm UTC

Confession: I am secretly happy that my roommate broke up with his girlfriend.

(It sounds a lot less bad in context, but then I would feel kinda silly confessing to it :P)
This space intentionally left blank.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 pm UTC

Confession: I think I would like kids someday but I don't think that's a good idea considering my mental health. I worry that by the time I manage to find decent ways to cope and handle my problems I'll be too old to have children.
Moo wrote:

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:46 am UTC

[Unhelpful answer]Freeze some germ cells now?[/unhelpful answer]
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:04 am UTC

Teapot wrote:Confession: I think I would like kids someday but I don't think that's a good idea considering my mental health. I worry that by the time I manage to find decent ways to cope and handle my problems I'll be too old to have children.

My Aunt was 40 when she had her daughter. And she adopted another kid several years after that. You have more time left for this than you've been around so far. I'm usually not big on optimism, but in your case I think it's warranted.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Return to “General”