Last person on Earth scenarios

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

RockoTDF

Last person on Earth scenarios

Postby RockoTDF » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:05 am UTC

For whatever reason, you are the last person left on Earth. No zombies, no nuclear war, you just wake up and everyone is gone.

What would you do? Move to the middle of nowhere and farm? Live off of frozen food in a city forever? No internet! (on noes!)

I would probably go to a city where there are supplies galore, and make the kick ass apartment of my dreams....which would consist of a massive amount of electronics and labs. Needless to say with no humans around, there would be years and years in which I would have to keep myself entertained. I don't know if I would want to hunt animals...I'd rather use them in one of the labs. I would also find taped football (soccer) games of my favorite team (Liverpool) and watch old seasons from decades ago leading up to the present. Since I have no idea what the results are, it would be like watching new games. I'd probably beat every RTS game known to man....fortunately I have never been big on multiplayer or MMOs. I'd probably keep a few dogs for companionship (and not science). Brewing beer would be fun, although spending a lifetime drinking alone would really, really suck.

Oh, and probably go out and look for the last woman on earth. Because some things just aren't the same alone.
Just because it is not physics doesn't mean it is not science.
http://www.iomalfunction.blogspot.com <---- A collection of humorous one liners and science jokes.

Robin S

Re: Last person on Earth scenarios

Postby Robin S » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:12 am UTC

If you're the last person on Earth, how can there also be another person (the last woman)?

If I knew I was the last human alive, I would probably end up killing myself.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 am UTC

Robin S wrote:If you're the last person on Earth, how can there also be another person (the last woman)?
Necrophilia is my guess. It's not like there'd be anyone around to judge.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 am UTC

Don't be silly, women aren't people :mrgreen:

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:17 am UTC

You mean, I'd finally be rid of you people?

I dunno.. probably masturbate in joy for a couple of hours then.. read a book or something. And exist for the next few days on an orgy of fruits and vegetables stolen from the groceries. Then start a farm. And read some more. But mostly farm.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:17 am UTC

If all that happened was all the people disappeared, how long before things that required human maintenance broke down?
I think by that time I'd be bored and/or dead.

I would however go look around peoples housing, piecing together howthey lived their lives when they were around.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:17 am UTC

JayDee wrote:It's not like there'd be anyone around to judge.
This is of course true, but I find necrophilia (and many things to do with corpses) very disturbing - on a much deeper level than, say, bestiality (not that I can imagine myself resorting to that either).

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 am UTC

I would probably ruin Escalades and other "pimp" SUVs, smash windows, crossdress, blast my music loudly, take a leak off a roof, general rude acts.

If cars steal had the keys in them, I'd definitly would take a ride in some. Who knows? I may end up on the other side of the country, or even in another country. I imagine I would so totally get a kick out of sleeping in someone else's bed.

So many things to do, with no-one to help you.

For those just tuning in, this is an edited post. The original was much to rash and had a rather short length.
Last edited by Sissi on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:30 am UTC

Do I know for a fact that everyone is gone? And is electricity still being magically generated?
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 am UTC

Probably try and find out why I'm the last person on earth, then eat, drink and be merry.
=]

CivilDefense700

Postby CivilDefense700 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 am UTC

I'd pillage the museams for things in my areas of intrest; Edison's earliest light bulbs, the oldest cameras, fine art including photographs by Talbot and Ansel Adams, Alexander Bell's first telephone. Them I'd get all the things I've wanted but never been able to afford; a nice antique car, high powed computer, and other such things.

Then I'd go to the nearest library after all that gathering is done and locate a lab that was on the cutting edge of cloning technology and near a power plant that can be automated and run for long periods with little maintinence (hydro, wind, solar) so as to provide me with all the power I needed, and head out for that lab.

On the way I'd stop at abandoned homes and gather as many viable DNA samples as possible, from as many different areas as I could (get a diverse genetic sample). I'd then settle myself near the lab in the nicest house I could find and begin work on recreating a small population. I could raid zoo's or if need be travel to find some Chimpanzees to begin my attempts at cloning humans. Since there are no more women :( I would use are closest living relative to attempt to produce the new population of clones. Hopefully my reaserch would be sucessful and the next generation would continue my work, and history would remember me as the man who single handedly saved humanity from extiction!

Does anyone else feel that they have the responsibility to attempt to rebuild humanity?
"I happen to have access to one of the sexiest lasers on the eastern seaboard."

Military

Postby Military » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:37 am UTC

I would probably farm, see if I could make. I would get plenty of dogs and eventually black bears. If you remember that story about the black bear up in Washington it seems they like to drink, that would solve the problem of drinking alone, if they were around while I was drinking then eventually I would start hallucinating from loneliness and beer and think they were taking to me, I would go with and have conversations with bears for the rest of my life. bears cause they'd be easier to personify in my opinion.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 am UTC

Sissi wrote:If cars steal had the keys in them, I'd definitly would take a ride in some.

Why would you do that when you can hot-wire them?

I would walk from the northernmost part of North America to the southernmost part of South America. That would keep me busy for a while.

After that/before that I would build a gigantic freezer to keep food in. I would also build some type of Wilson-like companion to keep myself from going insane. Or talk to my dogs. Either one works.

EDIT: Fur gramer and spelin.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Robin S

Postby Robin S » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 am UTC

Military wrote:I would go with and have conversations with bears for the rest of my life
which probably wouldn't be very long.

Aerol

Postby Aerol » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:42 am UTC

I would break a lot of stuff. I think watching a grand piano or a 100 inch tv fall of the roof of a skyscraper would be pretty sweet.

After I broke stuff I would head to Barnes and Nobel's to pick up Planes For Dummies and then it would be off to the airport. I've always wanted to just fly around with no agenda or anything.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:43 am UTC

CivilDefense700 wrote:Does anyone else feel that they have the responsibility to attempt to rebuild humanity?

The only way I would feel any sort of responsibility to rebuild humanity is if I had the knowledge on how to manipulate genetic material, hijack chimpanzee eggs in to eggs capable of carrying human DNA, alter chimpanzees enough to carry human children, a way to feed said human babies (assuming I'm not just chaining up the Chimps and figuring out a way to alter their structure so the milk they produce is similar enough to human milk to properly feed infants), and a supply of female and male DNA in which to mix.

Of the above knowledges and supplies, I currently am in possession of 0.01% of what I need... and that's assuming I can count .01% as the knowledge I listed above.

I wonder how it'll be to forget how to speak..?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:44 am UTC

Upsilon wrote:
Sissi wrote:If cars steal had the keys in them, I'd definitly would take a ride in some.

Why would you do that when you can hot-wire them?

I don't know how to hot wire, and am too afraid of pain to experiment. Besides, you can't key without a key, eh?
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:49 am UTC

You could learn now...

And if the door is locked, smash a window.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:50 am UTC

Then you gotta clean up the glass. And that really sucks.

It's easier to just steal a bicycle.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:55 am UTC

You don't have to clean up much glass if you smash a back window and crawl in.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 am UTC

In addition to my other idea of piecing together peoples lives:

Drink a lot a milk, and milk cows and then transport and pastuerise the milk and put it into the plastic bottles to drink it from.

Play Supermarket Sweep as soon as possible so I could get all the food whilst it was fresh and not rotten.

Look behind any door that was usually shut to non employees.

Learn to mashup songs, as no new music would be produced.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:00 am UTC

Another thing I'd do:

Learn to play the guitar. Sure, I could do that now, but I would have to buy a guitar. And maybe books about playing it.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Do I know for a fact that everyone is gone? And is electricity still being magically generated?
Whad'ya mean still being magically generated? :P
Robin S wrote:
JayDee wrote:It's not like there'd be anyone around to judge.
This is of course true, but I find necrophilia (and many things to do with corpses) very disturbing - on a much deeper level than, say, bestiality (not that I can imagine myself resorting to that either).
True. On the other hand, bestiality could become neccesary if you wanted to continue the race (or start a new one, I guess) and only have a few of the things SecondTalon mentions above.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Alasseo

Postby Alasseo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 am UTC

After reality-checking, I'd go to a mall, check books for survival tips, spend a few days, possibly a few weeks getting set up with that, then start making caches of supplies. Once I have a sufficiently large supply of..supplies.. I head out for Quantico or Pendleton, Fort Knox, Pensacola, something like that. Those places should have sufficient supplies to keep me going until natural death.

I doubt it'd take too long for me to just stop living, though. Without other people to experience life with, what is it worth? That's not to say suicide..I'd just..stop caring.
Eruantale wrote:(I did... I've always wanted to get a Dudley Do-right out of a vending machine)

Military

Postby Military » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 am UTC

Robin S wrote:
Military wrote:I would go with and have conversations with bears for the rest of my life
which probably wouldn't be very long.

Black bears? come one they're as nice and cuddly as cartoons make them out to be.

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:59 am UTC

JayDee wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:Do I know for a fact that everyone is gone? And is electricity still being magically generated?
Whad'ya mean still being magically generated? :P
[/quote]
Wouldn't the Hoover Dam still be running? Maybe you could just head for Las Vegas. KF
~Kizyr

Benny the Bear

Postby Benny the Bear » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:16 am UTC

Military wrote:I would go with and have conversations with bears for the rest of my life. bears cause they'd be easier to personify in my opinion.

Rawr.

mmx49

Postby mmx49 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 am UTC

I only know I'd be pretty dang careful with any glasses I might hypothetically be wearing.

Zak

Postby Zak » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 am UTC

*Looks around*

Welll... Hello Mr. Right Hand, you are looking mighty fine today.
*waggles eyebrows*

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:48 am UTC

to be completely honest i'd probably look around a bit then kill myself if search results yielded no other humans. I know, I'm no fun.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 am UTC

parkaboy wrote:to be completely honest i'd probably look around a bit then kill myself if search results yielded no other humans. I know, I'm no fun.
If everybody was like that, an alien race could wipe out the species by making everyone think they were the last human alive. Which I'm sure would cause them no end of amusement.

Bobber
contains Disodium Phosphate

Postby Bobber » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:03 am UTC

Am I the only one who really, really, really really really just wants everybody else to spontaneously disappear while reading this thread?
Of course, it would only be fun for a while.
I felt the same while reading the "apocalypse"-thread.

If this happened, I'm glad I'm in Europe.
I have access to much more of the world compared you you silly Americans, given that you can't cross the Atlantic or Pacific in a plane or ship, of course.

It would be really evil if everybody disappeared, except one person on each continent surrounded by water.

I would too break stuff, and travel a lot to places I've never before seen.
I would make a "base" a place with a lot of awesome stuff nearby, such as a laboratory, an amusement park, a library and a giant freezer with foodstuffs.

I would also make it a personal objective to sleep in the bed of every disappeared country leader once. I think they'd be pretty comfortable.

Also, I would find a realdoll. I think. After some time :(
I don't twist the truth, I just make it complex.
mrbaggins wrote:There are two tools in life, duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.

evilbeanfiend

Postby evilbeanfiend » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 am UTC

probably go hunting, fresh food is going to rapidly become scarce if no one is around to farm stuff. probably move somewhere warmer as well
in ur beanz makin u eveel

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 pm UTC

• Smash stuff
• Steal anything I've wanted
• Drive incredibly expensive cars around, smash them through big glass things
• Learn to navigate the open seas/learn to fly planes
• Area 51 here I come!!
• After that, I would go to FBI/CIA places and see what interesting things there are hanging about. Hopefully aliens, then we could be friends....

Though after a while of being completely alone I would probably go insane.

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm UTC

Bobber wrote:Also, I would find a realdoll. I think. After some time :(

Given the materials used in their construction, if you wait too long, it's entirely possible any you find would be .. unusable. Dried out cracked skin and all of that.

you just wake up and everyone is gone.

Hmm.. Gone is also a euphemism for dead, so.. are there bodies that need to be cleaned up? If nothing else, that's a reason for getting the hell out of a city for at least a couple of years.

Kabann

Postby Kabann » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Hmm.. Gone is also a euphemism for dead, so.. are there bodies that need to be cleaned up? If nothing else, that's a reason for getting the hell out of a city for at least a couple of years.

Even if gone is just Gone, thinking about all the pets that suddenly ownerless and trapped... well that's just sad and alarming. As long as we're speculating here, let's just say they're all Gone too. Puts the mind a little more at ease and ready to imagine the Great RealDoll Hunt.
My goal in life is to have money, power, fame, wisdom, and love.
So far, I've got a sense of humor.
It's a good start.

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

I think I would set myself up in a Wal-Mart or similar, to have all the basic supplies in one place. Next order of business would be to establish a power plant for my Wal-Mart by locating a few large portable generators, then go around collecting fuel supplies for a while. Then the garden starts. I would probably collect bags of super high quality soil from the gardening section and create an indoor controlled greenhouse environment in my Wal-Mart. It wouldn't be too hard to set up skylights + artificial lighting and an irrigation system. You could probably have a nice life for yourself with what would amount to practically unlimited supplies.

It's too bad I'm not a woman in this situation. If I was a woman, I would rush to find a genetics center that had frozen sperm samples and would try to spend as much of my life as possible making babies with different sperm. Delivering and raising babies alone would suck, but the potential for being the mother of the entire population is too realistic of a goal to ignore.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:55 pm UTC

I would move to the city and survive off of nonperishable food. Given that my food and lodging problems are now entirely solved, I would begin reading.

Specifically, I would begin educating myself on biology, and genetics in particular.

Then I would start capturing animals with a high potential for intelligence.

And start gathering lab equipment from other, nearby cities. Or even ones further off if I can find a plane.

At this point, I begin my terrible and amoral experiments. End goal: New sentient species. A new race to keep me company.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Freakish

Postby Freakish » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:57 pm UTC

First thing I'd do is head south; because while I could survive a Northern Ontario winter alone, it would be a real bitch without people to plow the roads... Next I'd find out where "Spore" is being developed and get myself a copy (I've been waiting to damn long for that game). It would probably keep me busy for quite a while. I'd really just do what ever the fuck I want until I got bored with life alone... Then I'd freeze myself in hopes of some day being unfrozen :D. I really doubt anyone would be able to bring back the human race alone.
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm UTC

I would quickly go insane. Very quickly.

I would also probably try to learn to drive, but like, crash too much. Then steal another car and crash that too. And then realise that last crash killed me (oops).

... Or maybe I'd just find the nearest place with lots of explosives and blow stuff up.
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

Return to “General”