Text size is text size

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Dextrose

Text size is text size

Postby Dextrose » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:43 am UTC

What the fuck man srsly. When I open up the forearms I normally get everything in superlarge Maddoxy text that's kind of annoying to read, but sometimes (like if I open up a link in a new tab) the swelling goes down and it looks like an uninfected internet to me. Can anyone diagnose my symptoms pz. I want one text size to rule them all my preshsss
Buda, sevmekten, güçlüğü keşfemelidi; severek, budayı olmuş.

hyperion
"I'll show ye...."

Re: Text size is text size

Postby hyperion » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:52 am UTC

Good God man, take this. *Offers a grammar sandwich*

Does the fora look normal apart from that, or is it completely different? If the latter, clear your cache and maybe cookies, then try again. If the former, you may have changed some settings accidentally, so press Ctrl+scroll up to decrease the font size.
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

Sounds like your internet has a virus. Whatever you do, don't google "antibiotics" because it won't cure the infection and will just leave you with a computer full of angry, resistant megabytes.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

longs

Postby longs » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

...you have opened up your arms to discover that they are infected with large texts right?

The first step is to back down from the self harm to your arms and find someone to talk to. The internet is an okay first step but no substitute for a real-life or on-the-phone confidant.

but I don't know why your arms are infected with text?

maybe are you a robot :?:
the participle.

trickster721

Postby trickster721 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:37 pm UTC

It's an optical illusion caused by the sheer weight of the the discourse here. You can compensate for it in IE or Firefox with View -> Text Size.

Dream
WINNING

Postby Dream » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:45 pm UTC

trickster721 wrote:It's an optical illusion caused by the sheer weight of the the discourse here. You can compensate for it in IE or Firefox with View -> Text Size.
Or, get a new prescription. Either works.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

MoonBuggy

Postby MoonBuggy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm UTC

And lo, it was sigged :)
Michael McClary, in alt.fusion, wrote:Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.

lowbart

Postby lowbart » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:44 pm UTC

Dextrose wrote:When I open up the forearms

Is that a joke or just a hilarious typo?
...a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder.
v1nsai wrote:Yes, I'm Linux, how can I help you ma'am?

Dextrose

Postby Dextrose » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:55 am UTC

You people are hilariously unhelpful.

Seriously, the whole board shows up with ridiculously large text, except sometimes. It's not Fox, it's not Apple's gayass zoom feature, something's just fuxtup annawanafixit. And I've tried resetting text size (cmd+0), and I've tried tossing my cookies.

Edit: Finally went through the user control panel, and changing the display style made it not big but I really hate the board layout now. I've always wanted the best of both worlds. Can't I have the not annoying display format and also the small text that shows up like russian roulette?
Buda, sevmekten, güçlüğü keşfemelidi; severek, budayı olmuş.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:20 pm UTC

HYPERiON wrote:Good God man, take this. *Offers a grammar sandwich*

Look at me, Judge me by my grammar do you? - Yoda
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine

Postby taptap » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm UTC

I read this and instantly shit in my pants from explosive laughter/the runs.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 am UTC

IN THE SPIRIT OF THE LTB, TEXT SIZE IS PENIS SIZE

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:30 am UTC

Which forum theme were you having the problem with? Prosilver has multiple text size stylesheets - your browser may be being loony and using the large one since it's the last one defined. If that's the case, there's no way to fix it. Subsilver is the better theme anyway.

Also, if the problem is with Prosilver and you have noscript or the like, the text-size-switching is accomplished by Javascript. MAKE SURE JAVASCRIPT IS ENABLED FOR THE FORUMS IF YOU USE PROSILVER.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:06 am UTC

Perhaps you had your finger on the Ctrl button, when you rolled the mouse-wheel down?

(I think the Ctrl button is pronounced "catarl" or "catroll")

Also, is your chair on wheels? Is there anyone else in the house/office? They may be sneakily manoeuvering your chair backwards and forwards.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

orangeperson

Postby orangeperson » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 am UTC

Hey man I think I have your solution. Are oo using firefox? Go to view then go to page style then click A.

A+ is bigger size and then A++ is bigger size and then no style is some fucked up shit. I don't know what this is because I just noticed this now after reading this thread earlier today and I was like holy cow maybe that's it, but why would they do that? I think that it's something cwazy you can do when you're designing an interweb that makes it go like that and you can choose to make it so that the user can make it do things that normal users don't want or perhaps it was supposed to be a way to assign a letter grade but the people who designed this forum didn't want people to be sad because they got a B or a B- so they made it only possible to get A or A+ or A++ ( I have not ever gotten A++ in my life except for maybe in third grade and one time I got *check*++++ on a paper I wrote on wyoming because my grandpa lived there so I could interview him about barbed wire fences and gazelles and living somewhere where nobody else lives at all and that's really boring) and no style which might be like an F but maybe only an F where you get a pass/fail kind of course which they put in their for people whose monitors fail and they need to feel like they're living before pictures where invented or maybe if you're blind and you have your internets read to you by a new technology that uses your speakers, unfortunately there are two problems with this the first being that if your speaker cable gets unplugged you would have to try to replug it but that might be hard if you can't see which can be fixed by built in speakers and the other problem is if you come across a big long run on sentence and you have to wait there for the reader to finish reading what someone wrote and that can be solved by a giant read button that says shut the fuck up.
spjork.

stockpot

Postby stockpot » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:36 am UTC

Apple has a gay ass-zoom feature? :shock:

Does the forum appear the same way from a different firefox profile? (You can open Profile Manager to make a new profile with ./firefox -ProfileManager)

eXS

Postby eXS » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:02 am UTC

This happens to me also, in a lot of different internet cafes... Usually i have to set text size to "goddamn small" so nothing is readable except the xkcd forum....

nothing is readable

except the xkcd forum

Maybe its just an ordinary conspiracy
Insert witty signature here and i will beat you.

Flying Betty

Postby Flying Betty » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:43 am UTC

Obviously raptors have stolen your glasses and only give them back when you're reading xkcd. So it is a conspiracy. And you're on the losing side.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:31 am UTC

ThorFluff wrote:
HYPERiON wrote:Good God man, take this. *Offers a grammar sandwich*

Look at me, Judge me by my grammar do you? - Yoda

yes.
reversal, while awkward, is still grammatically proper (by classical rules)

To the OP:

I think you're opening your forearms too wide, try bringing them closer together.

and I don't see what vomiting is going to do to fix the problem, though if it is a problem with the gay ass-zoom feature, you might try fiddling with the settings for that, or just keeping your apple away from gay asses you know it will want to zoom in on.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

cymon

Postby cymon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

On a scale of 1 to yes, how baked were you Dextrose when you made this thread.

taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine

Postby taptap » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:27 am UTC

cymon wrote:On a scale of 1 to yes, how baked were you Dextrose when you made this thread.

Fukken siggable. Will do when i get the room.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:01 pm UTC

stockpot wrote:Apple has a gay ass-zoom feature? :shock:

Does the forum appear the same way from a different firefox profile? (You can open Profile Manager to make a new profile with ./firefox -ProfileManager)

Gay Ass-Zoom feature? Be warned though...
Spoiler:
www.goatse.cx

... i warned you.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

MFHodge

Postby MFHodge » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:19 pm UTC

Dextrose: If you think this is a Forum Issue, please make a thread in the "Site / Forum Issues" area. If you think it is an issue with your software, you might make a thread in the "Help Desk" area. Based on the content of this thread, it is no longer suitable to be moved to either area.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 pm UTC

ThorFluff wrote:
stockpot wrote:Apple has a gay ass-zoom feature? :shock:

Gay Ass-Zoom feature? Be warned though...
Spoiler:
www.goatse.cx

... i warned you.

ThorFluff... Goatse.cx has been dead for several years.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:41 pm UTC

... I feel older then the internets...

ParanoidDrone

Postby ParanoidDrone » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:37 am UTC

Good lord, you people are merciless when making fun of someone. Not that it's a bad thing... </coveringass>
Insert witty phrase here.

Antimatter Spork

Postby Antimatter Spork » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:39 am UTC

ParanoidDrone wrote:Good lord, you people are merciless when making fun of someone. Not that it's a bad thing... </coveringass>

Well, the only thing that's sacred on the intertubes is the right to mock anyone anywhere about anything at any time.
Albert Schweitzer wrote:There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:40 pm UTC

In firefox:
Preferences -> Content tab -> click "Advanced..." under Fonts & Colors -> uncheck "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
You can now control the size and text of every page.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

<----doesn't need a grammar sammich anymore just a spell check one
Is there any punctuation pie left?? Can I have an extra serving?
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

tendays

Postby tendays » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

(Continuing in the spirit of the thread)

You may also want to change your distance to the screen - for instance, if the font is too big, you can try moving your seat backwards and the characters will appear smaller. If they are too small, try instead getting closer to the screen. That way, the characters will appear bigger and be more readable.

HTH
<Will> s/hate/love/
Hammer wrote:We are only mildly modly. :D
Beware of the shrolymerase!

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:59 pm UTC

tendays wrote:(Continuing in the spirit of the thread)

You may also want to change your distance to the screen - for instance, if the font is too big, you can try moving your seat backwards and the characters will appear smaller. If they are too small, try instead getting closer to the screen. That way, the characters will appear bigger and be more readable.

HTH

*applauds*
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

Return to “General”