Has Anyone Ever Mistaken You for High? (When You Weren't.)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

pi-3 orionis

Re: Has Anyone Ever Mistaken You for High? (When You Weren't.)

Postby pi-3 orionis » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:48 am UTC

One time a cop thought my friends and I were. He had a good enough reason though, we were playing imaginary baseball and playing on the jungle gym at 11pm. The cop thought it was 1am though.

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 am UTC

When I moved into my dorm at the beginning of my freshman year in college, I had long(ish) hair, a pretty good beard going and, of course, my room was adorned with posters of bands from the 60s and 70s. Everyone thought I was a stoner, and they really couldn't be more wrong.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

Malsies

Postby Malsies » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:54 am UTC

A lot of people have told me that they're surprised I'm not a stoner. Apparently, it's because I talk slowly/lazily. Also, in my Literature class once, I walked in and the girl next to me asked if I smoked pot. I think it was what I was wearing (cut off jeans, yellow shirt, striped toe socks, flip flops).

Also, when I was seventeen, I came home late from a night at the county fair with my friends. On the way home, I had puked all over myself because of too much funnel cake and too many rides, and I had a migraine from riding The Gravitron. My dad was sure I'd been drinking, and grounded me for two weeks.

For the record, I've never been high or drunk in my life. Unless you count that time my Gran gave me sleeping pills, and I thought that the ceiling fan was giving off cobwebs that were going to fill up my bedroom and suffocate me.
I slice, I dice, and I fit comfortably into your pocket or glove-box!

(Order in the next ten minutes, and get a second for FREE!)

Anomie

Postby Anomie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:41 pm UTC

I got miraculously drunk at a party once and some girl asked if I'd taken something, I was mortally offended. Granted, I was scraping a crude penis into the three bean dip while drinking martini out of the bottle, but that was no reason to suspect I was high.
They don't sleep on the beaches anymore.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

Yes. In addition, my username has been mistaken as having something to do with pot, which it does not. I get a bit of a natural high when I am tired at night—well, until I get to "ready to pass out anywhere" state of tiredness. I have lived in apartments where everyone but me smoked regularly, and I have hung out with crowds of people who were often high, and I tend to be a bit of an unconscious mimic sometimes. C'est la vie.
pi-3 orionis wrote:One time a cop thought my friends and I were. He had a good enough reason though, we were playing imaginary baseball and playing on the jungle gym at 11pm. The cop thought it was 1am though.

What was he, high or something?
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:58 pm UTC

my dad did

(back when i wasnt always high)

i got home late or something, and the friend i was with looked pale and sickly
and another time when i got a bad grade or something....

RRRR

Postby RRRR » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:04 pm UTC

Yup, like every week, haha.

I guess barking at people out of a car window doesn't help my cause....

For the record, I've never been high.
If not now, when? If not me, who?

CaraInFrames wrote:RRRR is purrrty.
:D

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:33 am UTC

Yes, whenever I listen to prog. rock.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Morphing Ball

Postby Morphing Ball » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:52 am UTC

I've only been high once. I was very young and the drug was Zolpidem (sold here as Stilnox). I wanted to get to sleep but instead I went mental.

I'm not aware if anyone's genuinely mistaken me for high. If they have, they didn't say or I didn't remember.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:26 am UTC

I thought my friend was high the other day. The teacher asked him what the purpose of a hero was and he replied "The cilia filter the toxins from the air out so they don't enter the body, wait a minute we are talking about the lungs right?" Turns out he was just dreaming he was in biology. (Also, I posted this in Sleeping in Class as well)

I've been accused once or twice by the preppy kids, and offered a joint a couple times because I "would just be hilarious stoned" (I almost did it too, the girl offering was pretty cute)
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:29 pm UTC

Apparently I look high whenever I'm really tired and trying to stay awake. (In other words, about 25% of the time.)

Aoeniac

Postby Aoeniac » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:22 am UTC

All the time. I have to take off my glasses (transition lenses, so they're usually dark) to show them my eyes are fine before they believe me.

And even then, they figure I'm on something. I guess my behavior is a little too... idiosyncratic?
Class: 12th level Epiphenomenalist Alignment: Rational

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:39 pm UTC

I would like to note that no-one has ever mistaken me for GermanSausage.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Bloodanna

Postby Bloodanna » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:39 am UTC

Quite a few times. Even by my cousin (who is three months younger and my best friend) and my older brother because I "act just like [him] when [he] use to do drugs". I think it's mostly because
    I go deeper into (random) things than most people.
    I'm twitchy (I get nervous/restless if I stay still too long).
    I zone out quite a bit.
    sometimes I forget to breathe (my brother does the same thing, so I think it's a genes thing).
    if I'm really into what I'll talking about I tend to go talk rather fast until I run out of air and use my hands to "talk" or mime things really which I guess is a stoner thing. Who knew, right?
    I stumble over my words sometimes.
    I smile and laugh a lot (sometimes it's a nervous thing, but mostly I'm easily amused) also I sometimes will laugh just out of nowhere because of something I thought or remembered.
    I speak my thoughts out loud (sometimes in public when I forget).
    I have way too much fun in The Toy Aisle.
    I have a weak right ankle and low blood pressure meaning I trip, stumble and have a hard staying steady when I get out of chairs.
    And lastly I try not to step on cracks/grooves in sidewalks or tiles which can look a little weird when I forget and do so in crowds.
Because of all that people tend to look at me strangely, call me a stoner and avoid me. I once had someone point me out in a restaurant and ask his kid: "Look at her. Do you want to end up like that? Because that's what drugs do to you." I also had a lady see me on the sidewalk and pull her kids close saying "Don't go near her." then turn to her husband/boy friend and ask "She's just not right. What do you think she's on, Honey?" :lol:
It doesn't really bother me anymore. I mean, hey! If they think I'm stoned I can have fun like a little kid and get too excited and no ones going to say a thing!

Verator

Postby Verator » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:42 am UTC

Bloodanna wrote:And lastly I try not to step on cracks/grooves in sidewalks or tiles which can look a little weird when I forget and do so in crowds.

[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Phi
Has Proportional Boobs (As rumor has it)

Postby Phi » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:44 am UTC

Every day during my Sophomore year my parents thought I was high. I was actually just incredibly bored 24/7.
Then I went out and DID get high once, and they didn't question me on it. Odd. They haven't talked to me since, really. I don't care, I haven't gotten high since. But like... I'm the ultimate stoner apparently. I wear the stoner jacket, I have the stoner face (I can't smile, alright guys? I just don't.), and I can sense when others are high. I'm just never high.

I take the relaxed path in life, and it works.

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:46 pm UTC

I find it vaguely ironic that this is one of the more consistently on topic threads I've seen. especially in general...
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

cyan

Postby cyan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:46 am UTC

The summer I worked at a grocery store, for July 4 a group of my friends got together and had a party -- there were cookies baked, cookies eaten, fireworks watched, the whole nine yards (no alcohol or drugs involved, though).

I ended up eating so much raw cookie dough / cookies / other sweet things that I threw up all over the place on the way back home. The next morning (which I was supposed to be working), I tried to call in sick.

I'm mortally certain my boss thought I had gone out and gotten madly drunk (at least until I mentioned that the raw eggs in the cookie dough I ate might have given me salmonella ... he was happy to let me take off work after that ...).

Other than that, despite having a number of the personality traits mentioned above, no one has ever mistaken me for high / stoned / otherwise on mind-altering chemicals. At least, not to my face ...

Mathmagic
It's not as cool as that Criss Angel stuff.

Postby Mathmagic » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:04 am UTC

Verator wrote:
Bloodanna wrote:And lastly I try not to step on cracks/grooves in sidewalks or tiles which can look a little weird when I forget and do so in crowds.

You read that comic too!?
Axman: That, and have you played DX 10 games? It's like having your corneas swabbed with clits made out of morphine.
Pathway: cocks cocks cocks

elminster

Postby elminster » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 am UTC

After a particular event (Involving drugs), my friend has asked several times if I've taken something. The few minutes surrounding that event though was funny enough to lol whenever he asks.
Imagine a several minute comedy scene with a big "Ohhh yeahh...." realization at the end, then amplified through drug effect. It was a one of a kind event.

Other than that, not really.

Sjonyonye

Postby Sjonyonye » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:05 am UTC

Bloodanna wrote:Because of all that people tend to look at me strangely, call me a stoner and avoid me. I once had someone point me out in a restaurant and ask his kid: "Look at her. Do you want to end up like that? Because that's what drugs do to you." I also had a lady see me on the sidewalk and pull her kids close saying "Don't go near her."

Wow, all those things you listed make me envy you. I never get what is wrong with having fun, especially by being naturally strange, and acting like a kid?

Me and my friend were once asked if we were on acid, which I imagine is quite something. I don't know what it was. We sort of have a cryptic language and laugh a lot at things that have a long history to them, but would make no sense to other people.

Because having fun means you're on a psychedelic drug!

ascendingPig

Postby ascendingPig » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:24 am UTC

Bloodanna wrote:Because of all that people tend to look at me strangely, call me a stoner and avoid me. I once had someone point me out in a restaurant and ask his kid: "Look at her. Do you want to end up like that? Because that's what drugs do to you." I also had a lady see me on the sidewalk and pull her kids close saying "Don't go near her." then turn to her husband/boy friend and ask "She's just not right. What do you think she's on, Honey?" :lol:

That's happened to me once. But it was kinda my fault. I saw these two adorable twins, and I poked my friend, pointed at the and said, "My god, they're the same person!" with a gaping-mouthed expression.

The father pulled the kids over to another part of the room.

Nobody can tell when I'm high. I have never had anyone guess I'm high when I actually AM.
"Many facts can fill an empty head."
-- Karl Kraus

Verator

Postby Verator » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:37 am UTC

-looks around for Vrek, wondering why he hasn't posted here yet.-
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:06] Akira: but i want a penis ;_;
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:12] Mrcheesypants: let's face it, you aint below a 3 on a kingsley scale
[Wednesday January 02 20:41:36] Mrcheesypants: two sided dildos are like penises

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Postby Seven » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:18 am UTC

I have chronically dry eyes, which leads to them being irritated and red/blood-shot a good deal of the time... especially in office buildings with dry air and A/C running through vents right over my head... So put that together with an employer and you get the picture. I've been questioned more than once about my blood-shot eyes. :( (I carry drops with me, but in the end it only serves to make me look more 'guilty'!)

Another time .......I went into a clinic when I was really worried about something and my heart-rate was elevated (120bpm) due to anxiety... a medic looked at me sideways and asked me if I 'knew' why my heart rate would be that fast. I wanted to yell "Because I'm upset, you idiot!!!"

Can't blame them for being cautious, but DAMN I hate it when it happens to me! I rarely even drink.

Cai

Postby Cai » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 am UTC

It's so much funnier when people think you're sober when you're really high.
Dreamers never live, only dream of it.
first.am

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:45 pm UTC

Many times I have been accused of being on drugs. Well, many of asked.
My sister's older friend seriously wondered when I called for my friend. What else... at school many kids wonder. I am usually the "smart kid" or the "kid that is most likely a crack head". I am just a happy-random person who likes to express her love for DNA and other random crap like flying objects..clams..queso..all that wonder, fluffy jazz.

I can't even recall ..
well this is just great. I am in class and my teacher asked if I was high because I was on this site. Then the well-know, hippie kid was joking saying that I am under the influence.

Well I am going to leave this randomness at this: The random, crazy people might just naturally be this way.
Last edited by Cytoplasm on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:55 pm UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:Many times I have been accused of being on drugs. Well, many of asked.
My sister's older friend seriously wondered when I called for my friend. What else... at school many kids wonder. I am usually the "smart kid" or the "kid that is most likely a crack head". I am just a happy-random person who likes to express her love for DNA and other random crap like flying objects..clams..queso..all that wonder, fluffy jazz.

I can't even recall ..
well this is just great. I am in class and my teacher asked if I was high because I was on this site. Then the well-know, hippie kid was joking saying that I am under the influence.

Well I am going to leave this randomness at this: The random, crazy people might just naturally be this way.

fixed your PAIN RAYS.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

cytoplasmiswierd

Postby cytoplasmiswierd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 am UTC

I don't think so but I know cytoplasm and was in class with her during her blurb I was lmao. Then I was like cytoplasm can I buy some drugs.... WOWEE! :!: ANYWAYS i have had friends been asked that but personallly not yet THANK GOD! I'm sure some people may think that but truely I'm high on LIFE!

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:41 am UTC

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

cytoplasmiswierd

Postby cytoplasmiswierd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:42 am UTC

Cytoplasm wrote:Many times I have been accused of being on drugs. Well, many of asked.

I can't even recall ..

AND DAWN SAYS U CAN BE HIGH ON LIFE ALSO!

Return to “General”