Retroactive deja vu

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
MoonBuggy
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:14 am UTC
Location: On a journey through time and space

Retroactive deja vu

Postby MoonBuggy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:28 pm UTC

This is something that keeps happening to me, and I'd be intrigued to know whether I'm about to get a bunch of replies saying "Oh yeah, I get that all the time" or "Sweet zombie Jesus, your brain could melt and escape through your ears at any moment".

Basically I'll be in any normal situation (reading Slashdot, for example) and at the time I will do something (look at an article I'd never seen before, to continue the example), think about it briefly and that's the end of that, no impression that it was anything other than new to me. Occasionally, however, I'll then come to think about it again later in the day and have the strongest feeling that I'd seen it before more than once, at an earlier date. Often that would be a logical impossibility (e.g. breaking news), I'll write it off as a brain misfire and that's the end of that, but I still find it a little odd that I have to counter an almost 'certain' feeling with logic.

It happens to me fairly often, and I've never actually got around to asking if it's just 'one of those things' or, in fact, a precursor to me unleashing my awesome but dormant psychic powers.

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Postby Grlmm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:37 pm UTC

I am psychic. It's not as great as you'd imagine.

I'm wrong 90% of the time. And it's not a control issue, it's been this way for years.

To loosely quote the Matrix, "It all comes down to choice."

That bombing of some Canadian college a while back? Saw it coming. But it's not like I can do anything. You tell anyone, and they immediately suspect you're in on it. Or, if you end up wrong, you're just crazy. And in on it.




It's not really that great. It keeps you awake at night. You see a lot of your own "future." If you take it as gospel, you fuck things up that normally shouldn't have been. There's a club down the road. I've thought it was going to burn down every night for a year now. The catch? It looks different in the "vision."



Just take it as deja vu and be done with it.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Postby elminster » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:15 pm UTC

My longest deja vu was about 5-8 seconds, it was bloody awesome.
Usually i find i get retroactive deja vu when somethings like on the tip of my tounge, but in memory terms. I don't usually get it that oftern, but its no where near as cool as usual deja vu.
Image

User avatar
Rasputin
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 pm UTC
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Rasputin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:25 pm UTC

I get deja-vu about once every couple of weeks, and it will go up to half a minute. It's crazy. I've had deja-vu of an entire conversation involving two of my friends. I knew what they were going to say, their gestures, everything.

It's fuckin sweet.
The Immortal One.
Image

User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
Posts: 8237
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Retroactive deja vu

Postby Gelsamel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm UTC

Frequent Deja vu = You're going to die.

Edit:

"A clinical correlation has been found between the experience of déjà vu and disorders such as schizophrenia and anxiety,[9] and the likelihood of the experience considerably increases with subjects having these conditions. However, the strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy.[10][11]"
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Postby KicktheCAN » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:11 pm UTC

I don't really get deja vu. Like at all.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
Unforgiven
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Unforgiven » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:18 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:I don't really get deja vu. Like at all.

It's the brain making a wrong connection to make you think you've seen something before while you actually haven't. Especially with "retro-active" déjà vu as the original poster mentioned this is the most likely explanation.
"Now we're at the museum. Do you think they'll have DDR in there too?"
"It's Japan. Of course they will."

User avatar
Kalon
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Postby Kalon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:33 pm UTC

I get deja vu regularly... except mine is always a conviction that I've dreamed the certain situation before. I always have a memory of dreaming it that surfaces at the time, but I don't know if it's just my brain misfiring or what.

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Postby Cassi » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Kalon wrote:I get deja vu regularly... except mine is always a conviction that I've dreamed the certain situation before. I always have a memory of dreaming it that surfaces at the time, but I don't know if it's just my brain misfiring or what.


This has happened to me before, but not regularly. It's about the only kind of deja vu I get.

User avatar
Kalon
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Postby Kalon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:52 pm UTC

Cassi wrote:
This has happened to me before, but not regularly. It's about the only kind of deja vu I get.


Nifty. :D

I usually mildly weird out my friends/acquaintances/people-standing-by-me by sharing it whenever it happens. Mostly because it's just seems so cool.

User avatar
Nero
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:29 am UTC
Location: The Antarctic Ghetto

Re: Retroactive deja vu

Postby Nero » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:41 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Frequent Deja vu = You're going to die.

Edit:

"A clinical correlation has been found between the experience of déjà vu and disorders such as schizophrenia and anxiety,[9] and the likelihood of the experience considerably increases with subjects having these conditions. However, the strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy.[10][11]"


I had chronic deja vu in the months before my first grand mal seizure. The meds make it better.

yelly
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:25 am UTC
Location: Jerusalem, The Original One.

Postby yelly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:11 pm UTC

I have actually once experienced "double" deja vu, as in, I had a deja vu of having a deja vu, it was insane.
"One second, haven't I had this deja vu before?"
...
"So there are 3 guards, one always tells the truth, one always lies and the third answers randomly"
"But I only want to know the fucking time!"

User avatar
Victorkm
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:51 pm UTC
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby Victorkm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 pm UTC

I had the weirdest feeling you were about to post this.

User avatar
Shadow Tyrant
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 am UTC
Location: Somewhere cliche and no longer funny.
Contact:

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:02 pm UTC

It's a glitch in the system. Get to a phone while you still have the chance.
Image
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

User avatar
Kalon
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Postby Kalon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:05 pm UTC

yelly wrote:I have actually once experienced "double" deja vu, as in, I had a deja vu of having a deja vu, it was insane.
"One second, haven't I had this deja vu before?"


Oh, me too! It's the weirdest feeling.

User avatar
Rat
Rattus Trolleri
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:40 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby Rat » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:25 pm UTC

you're all just part of my imagination anyway

User avatar
Strilanc
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:18 am UTC

Postby Strilanc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

I get that sometimes.

I also get confirmation bias pretty bad one doing things like flipping a coin. You know, where you make predictions before-hand and decide whether or not it 'felt real' afterwards.
Don't pay attention to this signature, it's contradictory.

User avatar
Aeltar
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Yes, please!
Contact:

Postby Aeltar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 am UTC

Yes, and I often finish up conversations that are going nowhere just for the sake of expediency. I am psychic in the same sense that Grmll is, and I suspect some that he is not. Empathy, slight clairvoyance/clairaudience, etc. It is terrible - like he said, I can't sleep some nights. I wake up after I finally get 10 minutes of sleep and get ready for school. During the day, people ask me what's wrong, why do you look worried, etc. It's not a good thing - you might think it would be cool to know one of the possible future paths, but quite the opposite. Sometimes, however, it's really awesome in that I can feel some good experiences and emotions twice.
functionally_stupid wrote:If you ever feel the urge to say "I love you" to a friend, a lover, a parent, who-the-fuck-ever - say it. SAY IT. I cannot stress this enough.

User avatar
xooll
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby xooll » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 am UTC

I get deja vu pretty often. No epilepsy or shizophrenia so far, though. And I've never gotten the "retroactive" kind, though it sounds kind of awesome. Usually when I do get deja vu, I will think "oh hey, deja vu." and then I'll remember thinking that the last time this happened (which, of course, was never).
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

User avatar
evilbeanfiend
Posts: 2650
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:05 am UTC
Location: the old world

Postby evilbeanfiend » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:13 am UTC

Grlmm wrote:I am psychic. It's not as great as you'd imagine.

I'm wrong 90% of the time.


i.e. you are not psychic but can randomly predict stuff 10% of the time :wink:
in ur beanz makin u eveel

User avatar
antonfire
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm UTC

Postby antonfire » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:18 am UTC

Grlmm wrote:I am psychic. It's not as great as you'd imagine.

I'm wrong 90% of the time.


Are you wrong about coin flips 90% of the time? 'Cause that would be awesome.
Jerry Bona wrote:The Axiom of Choice is obviously true; the Well Ordering Principle is obviously false; and who can tell about Zorn's Lemma?

User avatar
TomBot
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: Illinois (UIUC)
Contact:

Postby TomBot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am UTC

Yeah, I get that weird memory doubling thing from time to time. I figure it's just some glitch in the thought moving between short and long-term memory.

Memory is a very strange thing, though. For example, if I have a thought, I almost always remember where I was and what I was doing the last time I had it. And if I'm looking for something in a book, I always know which part of the page it was on.

BTW, Grlmm and Aeltar, are you sure you're really psychic? As noted above, the brain can do some pretty weird things. Sometimes you worry about specific things that could go wrong. Sometimes you just feel a sense of foreboding for no reason. And when shit inevitably happens, you get confirmation bias. But can't you use your logic and recognize that for what it is?

User avatar
Unforgiven
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Unforgiven » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:42 pm UTC

Being the hopeless nitpicker than I am, I feel obliged to point out that it's spelled déjà vu, not deja vu. :P
"Now we're at the museum. Do you think they'll have DDR in there too?"

"It's Japan. Of course they will."

User avatar
keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 am UTC
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Postby keozen » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:57 pm UTC

Thankfully I don't seem to get Deja Vu that often.
Image

User avatar
xooll
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Postby xooll » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:52 pm UTC

Unforgiven wrote:Being the hopeless nitpicker than I am, I feel obliged to point out that it's spelled déjà vu, not deja vu. :P

some of us can't be bothered to remember the key combinations to add those accents.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

User avatar
Cabhan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:34 am UTC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact:

Postby Cabhan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm UTC

déjà vu. Yay changing my keyboard layout and not needing a Character Map or ALT-# combinations!

More on topic, I had the dream thing going on for a while as a kid, and it's been coming back somewhat recently. Something will happen, I will "remember" it, and I can sometimes even predict what's going to happen next, based on my "memory" of this dream.

It's pretty cool :).

Stkdvnd
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:23 pm UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Postby Stkdvnd » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm UTC

yelly wrote:I have actually once experienced "double" deja vu, as in, I had a deja vu of having a deja vu, it was insane.
"One second, haven't I had this deja vu before?"

I get that occasionally. Weirdly, though, I can't think I've had any occasions where I've had "basic" deja vu; every time I experience it it contains an element of "I've had deja vu about this before." My best guess is that it's simply an indication that my life is mostly boring and predictable.

User avatar
Aeltar
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Yes, please!
Contact:

Postby Aeltar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

TomBot: Yes, sometimes I write down my dreams on pieces of paper/WordPad. The ones I write down are the ones I get the strongest feelings about, and they come true more often than any others. The brain might have something to do with it, but I certainly have some future sense.
functionally_stupid wrote:If you ever feel the urge to say "I love you" to a friend, a lover, a parent, who-the-fuck-ever - say it. SAY IT. I cannot stress this enough.

User avatar
tessuraea
Not Phallic Enough
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:46 am UTC

Postby tessuraea » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:41 am UTC

Heh, I get the brain-misfire type, but occasionally I also (get ready for it) occasionally really do dream things that haven't happened yet.

Nothing important, and generally I remember the dream as though it's a real memory, so when it really happens I'm a bit staggered because it already happened. That would be normal temporal-lobe-hiccups, except that several times I'd already told someone else what hadn't happened yet.

Example: I dreamed that I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. He had a woman with him, and they told me they were engaged. Squealing and congratulations ensued. Later that day, remembering it as though it was real, I told several people they were engaged. A couple of days later I actually ran into them and they told me they were engaged. I said "I know, you already told me." They looked confused, because it had just happened.

I did some belated squealing and congratulating, then went home and called the people I'd told to make sure I'd really told them...

There have been a few other incidents, none as easy to independently confirm. I mean, I hadn't seen the guy in years, I had no reason to assume anything, and I told several people.

Gotta love brains and inexplicable things. (Another time I dreamed I met someone before I did, and when he walked into the room I was in, I said hello and called him by name without looking up. He knew me too.)

You may all commence mocking me now. :)
This is not a reference to anyone's junk.

User avatar
GusPatsy
sex, lol!
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:51 am UTC

Postby GusPatsy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 am UTC

Aeltar/Grlmm, I don't doubt your experiences, I don't even doubt that you've encountered above average correct results (bound to happen), I only doubt that you're psychic. More than doubt, I actively disbelieve it (I know, not very scientific), the only reason being, no one is psychic. It's not a phenomenon that exists. Our brains are built to run all kinds of simulations of reality, occasionally they come true, sometimes in a scary way, always with an accuracy that becomes exaggerated by memory. Please just don't let it worry you. Stop acknowledging this problem and it will cease even to exist, because it never did.
Last edited by GusPatsy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Alisto wrote:
GusPatsy wrote:I would like a title that references something I don't get, and would take hours to figure out, eventually leaving me disappointed.


"Sex"

User avatar
tessuraea
Not Phallic Enough
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:46 am UTC

Postby tessuraea » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:35 am UTC

*grins at Gus*

I have plenty of dreams that don't come true. That doesn't explain the ones that do, and that are far, far too exact for it to make sense.

I also have a thing where when I'm seriously sleep-deprived I tend to answer the phone just before it rings, say "hello" to the dial tone, then hang up and wait for it to ring--a couple of seconds later. I have done this forever, and it didn't occur to me that it was more than slightly odd for the longest time.

Somehow my husband and I seem to call each other's cellphones very nearly simultaneously a lot--I flip the thing open and he's calling, so I answer before it rings. We find this amusing.

I don't know what I do or don't believe in, but I'm not about to invalidate my own experiences by pretending they didn't happen. You may assume they didn't or that I'm exaggerating them or whatever. I don't mind.
This is not a reference to anyone's junk.

User avatar
Jonas Freedemeyer
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:45 am UTC

Postby Jonas Freedemeyer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:41 pm UTC

GusPatsy wrote:Aeltar/Grlmm, I don't doubt your experiences, I don't even doubt that you've encountered above average correct results (bound to happen), I only doubt that you're psychic. More than doubt, I actively disbelieve it (I know, not very scientific), the only reason being, no one is psychic. It's not a phenomenon that exists. Our brains are built to run all kinds of simulations of reality, occasionally they come true, sometimes in a scary way, always with an accuracy that becomes exaggerated by memory. Please just don't let it worry you. Stop acknowledging this problem and it will cease even to exist, because it never did.
Ok, well I have finally discovered the answer for myself of what happens to a person once they see their future. Nothing. They walk right into it head first and don't realize that they are fulfilling their future until after it has already become reality. No, the event occurring did not depend on the person seeing the future as some people would argue because the person almost becomes autopiloted, by fate perhaps, so the person isn't in control. Of course it is probably only the few people who accept their fate and follow the rules that end up seeing their future. And no I don't mean follow the rules as in laws and whatnot, the rules refer to trusting in fate and not doing anything to change it, even though you couldn't anyways. Well, all I'm saying is that I dreamed something and it happened. Not exactly as it was portrayed in the dream but enough so that it wasn't just random coincidence.
Kachow...
Last edited by Jonas Freedemeyer on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"The only fortune of fire never fades." ~ John Voltaire

User avatar
Victorkm
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:51 pm UTC
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby Victorkm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:49 pm UTC

I can paint the future.

Edit: But usually it's just watercolor of your mother and me.
Last edited by Victorkm on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vekter
Now I am become Beth, the employer of squirrels
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Thinking With Portals
Contact:

Postby Vekter » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:49 pm UTC

Grlmm wrote:I am psychic.


As am I. >.> It's fucking WEIRD. I'll do something, and get the strongest feeling of deja vu I've ever had. Like, I really did such and such earlier in the day. IT's weird.
:lol: HOBO BONUS :lol:

SoapyHobo wrote:Where there's penis, there's Narsil


>:3

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Postby Grlmm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:05 pm UTC

evilbeanfiend wrote:
Grlmm wrote:I am psychic. It's not as great as you'd imagine.

I'm wrong 90% of the time.


i.e. you are not psychic but can randomly predict stuff 10% of the time :wink:

Reread what I said, there's a huge difference.


Gus: Say what you will. But the ones that come true are harrowing to live through, knowing you saw it coming. There's a difference between making connections in your brain, and writing down what you see and it comes out true, word for word.


Tess: I hate that. I glance at my phone and it rings, I can tell what songs are coming on the radio, my Winamp playlist isn't random at all, it's just variety.

User avatar
GusPatsy
sex, lol!
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:51 am UTC

Postby GusPatsy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 pm UTC

Grlmm wrote:Gus: Say what you will. But the ones that come true are harrowing to live through, knowing you saw it coming. There's a difference between making connections in your brain, and writing down what you see and it comes out true, word for word.


Tess: I hate that. I glance at my phone and it rings, I can tell what songs are coming on the radio, my Winamp playlist isn't random at all, it's just variety.


There are laws in the universe. One of them says that your brain travels through time just like everything else, each second following the last one (correct me if you've been moving faster than the speed of light. Another says that radio stations play the same shit over and over again.
If you really want to be taken seriously, post any strong visions you have, as soon as you have them, in specific detail, until one of them is right. Otherwise, accept that science works. I'll show you a graph if it helps.
Alisto wrote:
GusPatsy wrote:I would like a title that references something I don't get, and would take hours to figure out, eventually leaving me disappointed.


"Sex"

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Retroactive deja vu

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 pm UTC

MoonBuggy wrote:This is something that keeps happening to me, and I'd be intrigued to know whether I'm about to get a bunch of replies saying "Oh yeah, I get that all the time" or "Sweet zombie Jesus, your brain could melt and escape through your ears at any moment".

Basically I'll be in any normal situation (reading Slashdot, for example) and at the time I will do something (look at an article I'd never seen before, to continue the example), think about it briefly and that's the end of that, no impression that it was anything other than new to me. Occasionally, however, I'll then come to think about it again later in the day and have the strongest feeling that I'd seen it before more than once, at an earlier date. Often that would be a logical impossibility (e.g. breaking news), I'll write it off as a brain misfire and that's the end of that, but I still find it a little odd that I have to counter an almost 'certain' feeling with logic.

It happens to me fairly often, and I've never actually got around to asking if it's just 'one of those things' or, in fact, a precursor to me unleashing my awesome but dormant psychic powers.

I have psychomotor epilepsy, and you've just described dozens of instances throughout my childhood, as well as hundred more in high school. Talk to a doctor.

User avatar
Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm UTC
Location: Indiana.

Postby Grlmm » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:21 pm UTC

I'm not gonna sit here and do that shit. That takes way too much time out of my day. You can't convey some of the things you say in words.

Kind of like the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen. Any adjective, any word to describe it, is hollow. You just can't.

You go on believing what you believe, and I'll go on seeing what I see. Anything beyond that is a pointless argument on the internet about something I could never prove unless I was kept in solitary confinement with a tape recorder.

Learn the medium in which you challenge what people say.

User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
Posts: 30450
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC
Contact:

Postby Belial » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:36 pm UTC

If you're not willing to write it down for others to see *beforehand*, then how do you know you're not just subconsciously fabricating memories?

For example:

Day 1 Hour 7 minute 00: No visions at all.
Day 2 Hour 9 minute 00: A train crashes! Oh me yarm CARNAGE! Everyone dies!
Day 2 Hour 9 minute 01: Grimm's subconscious fabricates a memory of having seen the events of 02:09:00 back on 01:07:00.

Now, in grimm's subjective timeline, he seems psychic. To himself.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.


They/them

Dark Ragnarok
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:12 pm UTC

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:42 pm UTC

Belial wrote:If you're not willing to write it down for others to see *beforehand*, then how do you know you're not just subconsciously fabricating memories?

For example:

Day 1 Hour 7 minute 00: No visions at all.
Day 2 Hour 9 minute 00: A train crashes! Oh me yarm CARNAGE! Everyone dies!
Day 2 Hour 9 minute 01: Grimm's subconscious fabricates a memory of having seen the events of 02:09:00 back on 01:07:00.

Now, in grimm's subjective timeline, he seems psychic. To himself.


Good point. And because i frequently experience this, or it seems used to, (i haven't had it happen in awhile), I'll start writing them down. But getting myself to remember to write them down can be tricky. I sometimes have semi day dreams of events that happen later that seem very very normal. But i'm going to try and do this.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests