Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Jplus
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm UTC
Location: Netherlands

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Jplus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

One more vote for knitting.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:11 am UTC

I'm voting for knitting again,m ostly because I'm gettin gsomewhat drunk.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 am UTC

I would 3d-print a sweater.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 am UTC

I wouldn't download a sweater.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby poxic » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:29 am UTC

Only because it's not yet possible, though.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:41 am UTC

This is true.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:24 am UTC

Wednesday wrote:Crochet is good for amigurumi and that is it. Knitting creates a superior, more even and visually appealing fabric and is therefore more suitable for basically every single application outside of making stuffies.

Unless you count doilies as an application. Or tea cozies. Or coasters. Or lace. Or edging. Or if you like being able to make small things and big things with the same hook instead of gigantic fricking circular needles. Or three needles. Or if you prefer the look of crochet for whatever reason, taste in fabric appearance not actually being universal and indisputable. Or if you find it easier. Maybe I'm just miffed because I've crocheted longer than I've knitted, but come on. Different crafts do different things. Basketweaving is better than knitting for making a picnic basket, does that make it superior as a craft? Sure, if you choose to judge every craft by its efficacy at making baskets. Just like knitting is totally better than crochet if you only value the "fabricness" of the finished product. There are other possible metrics and applications. Many of them.

I just get really exhausted by everyone stating their opinions like they're Facts. I know it's just shorthand a lot of the time, adding "I think" all the time taking a lot of effort and being redundant, but it still wears on me every time.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Angua » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:28 am UTC

Also, you can do a lot with crochet once you start using an afghan hook as well (which my mum has made amazing blankets with). You could totally crochet a sweater. And if you start doing the fancier stitches, you can get extremely textured patterned (a favourite of mine is crocodile stitch) with just a normal hook (and not needing to use the afghan).

And god is correcting any mistakes easier, or deciding to redo a couple of rows.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby roband » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:28 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:adding "I think" all the time taking a lot of effort and being redundant, but it still wears on me every time.

Correct.

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3652
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby eSOANEM » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:I wouldn't download a sweater.


XD
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

I mean, it's not even like I actually disagree with what you're saying. Knitting comes out much more fabric-like, which makes it more useful for many applications. I absolutely agree with that. I wouldn't argue if you said, for instance, it was better for scarf-making, even though I've crocheted scarves and it can totally work fine. I just don't think that makes it in some way Better overall. How easy would it be to knit this scarf? This trivet? This swiffer sock? Different crafts with different strengths for sometimes overlapping but often distinct goals. There's no real reason not to just all get along.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

I wonder what I did on the internet before two and a half years ago, when I embarked on an endless quest to turn blue reddit links into purple reddit links.

... I don't remember.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Enuja
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 pm UTC
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Enuja » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
Wednesday wrote:Crochet is good for amigurumi and that is it. Knitting creates a superior, more even and visually appealing fabric and is therefore more suitable for basically every single application outside of making stuffies.

Unless you count doilies as an application. Or tea cozies. Or coasters. Or lace. Or edging. Or if you like being able to make small things and big things with the same hook instead of gigantic fricking circular needles. Or three needles. Or if you prefer the look of crochet for whatever reason, taste in fabric appearance not actually being universal and indisputable. Or if you find it easier. Maybe I'm just miffed because I've crocheted longer than I've knitted, but come on. Different crafts do different things. Basketweaving is better than knitting for making a picnic basket, does that make it superior as a craft? Sure, if you choose to judge every craft by its efficacy at making baskets. Just like knitting is totally better than crochet if you only value the "fabricness" of the finished product. There are other possible metrics and applications. Many of them.
I don't mind people being opinionated about methods to create fabric from yarn through hand labor, but as a person who learned to knit first, I really value crochet. I have crocheted water bottle holders and reasonably warm hats (that don't have to be lined, and whose small brim stands up on its own), that knitting would have been terrible for. I think anyone who learns to do one should go ahead and learn to do the other: if you can learn one, you can learn the other, and it's great to be able to use the method that best suits your current goal.

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby addams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

Enuja wrote:
ameretrifle wrote:
Wednesday wrote:Crochet is good for amigurumi and that is it. Knitting creates a superior, more even and visually appealing fabric and is therefore more suitable for basically every single application outside of making stuffies.

Unless you count doilies as an application. Or tea cozies. Or coasters. Or lace. Or edging. Or if you like being able to make small things and big things with the same hook instead of gigantic fricking circular needles. Or three needles. Or if you prefer the look of crochet for whatever reason, taste in fabric appearance not actually being universal and indisputable. Or if you find it easier. Maybe I'm just miffed because I've crocheted longer than I've knitted, but come on. Different crafts do different things. Basketweaving is better than knitting for making a picnic basket, does that make it superior as a craft? Sure, if you choose to judge every craft by its efficacy at making baskets. Just like knitting is totally better than crochet if you only value the "fabricness" of the finished product. There are other possible metrics and applications. Many of them.
I don't mind people being opinionated about methods to create fabric from yarn through hand labor, but as a person who learned to knit first, I really value crochet. I have crocheted water bottle holders and reasonably warm hats (that don't have to be lined, and whose small brim stands up on its own), that knitting would have been terrible for. I think anyone who learns to do one should go ahead and learn to do the other: if you can learn one, you can learn the other, and it's great to be able to use the method that best suits your current goal.

No. I disagree.
I could learn to knit.
It might take the rest of my life, maybe longer, and every bit of everything I have inside of me.
It would be a gigantic Challenge. Knitting is Hard!

Crochet is fairly easy. I can do that, in a pinch.
Crochet can be done without a needle.

The bare human hand can crochet. It is easy.
Knit? Who the fuck knows?

Yes! Those knitting people get not just two but three, four and more needles going all at the same time!
How amazing. Then out pops a sock. World class sock. But; A sock?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

You only need 2 needles for a scarf. And then you get to look like Tom Baker.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Angua » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

If you crochet you only need the one...
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

image.jpg

"I'm not kidding, guys."
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 am UTC

Darn, now what am I going to do with all these copies of the state criminal code printed out on rolling papers?
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby addams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:46 am UTC

Angua wrote:If you crochet you only need the one...

No. No. To crochet you need, None. No needles required.

To do some of those little tiny things a needle is nice.

EDIT: Smoking State Law?
So, very funny on so many levels.

You know how those smokers are.
And; Of course, if you let them burn the State Laws,
Then what will you have?

Nothing. No Law, but a lot of smoke.
The west coast of the US? That seems right to me.

Anarchy and smoke. If The People only knew.
Don't Tell Them! They are contained by laws that went up in Smoke.

If they find out... Well, It could be a bad thing.
The state laws are still in functional. right?

Don't smoke them. The Federal Laws? ech.
What is it they say? Selectively enforced?

Laws that are selectively enforced may be worse than no laws.
I don't know. Smoking State Laws might be a bad idea.

Who the Hell smokes Law?
Smoke and write law? Sure.

That is how most laws got written. right?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 3715
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:19 pm UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby PM 2Ring » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:37 am UTC

How does knitting compare to crochet for hyperbolic geometry?


addams wrote:Who the Hell smokes Law?

I smoked the law and the law won.

User avatar
Jplus
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm UTC
Location: Netherlands

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Jplus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

The knitting vs. crochet discussion reminds me of the holy wars that are fought over programming languages. :)
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 pm UTC

Of course, real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand.

User avatar
Wednesday
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Wednesday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

Man, did *nobody* catch the irony in what I was saying? I mean I tried to make it as stupid and over-the-top as possible but damn, whoosh.

*I too fucking hate when people say there is one superior craft because I knit, crochet, have done simple weaving and know how to sew*. Jesus.

Edited to add that I do actually prefer knitting most of the time but that is because it applies best to the projects I'm most interested in.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

User avatar
doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself
Posts: 5538
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:31 am UTC
Location: Lexington, MA
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby doogly » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Of course, real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand.

FACT.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:Man, did *nobody* catch the irony in what I was saying? I mean I tried to make it as stupid and over-the-top as possible but damn, whoosh.

*I too fucking hate when people say there is one superior craft because I knit, crochet, have done simple weaving and know how to sew*. Jesus.

Pfft, you could have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more stupid and over the top than that. Clearly you need to go read some youtube comments or something before you try that again. :P

(also imo irony is best done in one dose, if you make separate posts people are definitely gonna think you're serious unless the sarcasm is absolutely dripping)

(also absolutely no one was saying anything about the superiority of different crafts in the thread at all before that, that didn't help either. if someone had said "oh yay crochet i'm glad you didn't fall into the trendy knitting bullshit because crochet is totes better" or something it might not have seemed a non sequitur)

(not that you probably want pointers on successful irony)

User avatar
Wednesday
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Wednesday » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

Man, I apparently need them.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Ubik » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Right now, I personally would settle for just one man.

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby addams » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

Ubik wrote:Right now, I personally would settle for just one man.

Be careful what you wish for. Be Specific.

The Gods are reported to have quite the sense of humor.
Sometimes they are simply thoughtless. Be specific.

Have you seen what qualifies as Man?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Ubik » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 am UTC

I think there's a forum game thread where wishes come true the wrong way. But yeah, if wishes were actually granted it would make sense to be more specific. I just don't think they are. Well okay, I guess it would make sense even then in some "know yourself" kind of way.

Have I seen? Probably yes, but I guess it's actually the specifics that matter. Just makes it harder to make ha-ha-funny remarks.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Deva » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:52 am UTC

Fleeting thought/question: Why would someone desire to dress up as a sexual watermelon? Grasps "sexual" poorly already. Fails completely for sexual relations with fruit. Understands it like a sexual Kool-Aid Man costume. Recognizes humor and shock as possible reasons. Sees neither in the sexual watermelon costume.

Sidenote: Found Kool-Aid pornography without trying. (Linked "Oh Yeah"s, not that.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Grishnakh
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm UTC

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Grishnakh » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 am UTC

I thought crochet was some sort of sport for the elderly, or perhaps a Dutch delicatessen.

I only learned during the last olympic games that Badminton does not involve any horses.

User avatar
eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:36 pm UTC
Location: in your ceiling, judging you

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby eran_rathan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:47 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
Wednesday wrote:Crochet is good for amigurumi and that is it. Knitting creates a superior, more even and visually appealing fabric and is therefore more suitable for basically every single application outside of making stuffies.

Unless you count doilies as an application. Or tea cozies. Or coasters. Or lace. Or edging. Or if you like being able to make small things and big things with the same hook instead of gigantic fricking circular needles. Or three needles. Or if you prefer the look of crochet for whatever reason, taste in fabric appearance not actually being universal and indisputable. Or if you find it easier. Maybe I'm just miffed because I've crocheted longer than I've knitted, but come on. Different crafts do different things. Basketweaving is better than knitting for making a picnic basket, does that make it superior as a craft? Sure, if you choose to judge every craft by its efficacy at making baskets. Just like knitting is totally better than crochet if you only value the "fabricness" of the finished product. There are other possible metrics and applications. Many of them.


to be fair, my mom knits lace. And both she and my wife use multiple needles while knitting socks, lace, and such-like (4? 5? 12? I have no idea, they go off in their own little world while knitting).
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

User avatar
Wednesday
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm UTC
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Wednesday » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

Socks usually use 3-5 DPNs (double-pointed needles) depending on the circumference of the tube being created and the length of the needles.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby addams » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 am UTC

Grishnakh wrote:I thought crochet was some sort of sport for the elderly, or perhaps a Dutch delicatessen.

I only learned during the last olympic games that Badminton does not involve any horses.

Wonderful! A fellow Sports Fan!

For some sports the descriptions are better than the game.
Badminton with horses would be Great! You had that in your head? Lucky you.

Have I introduced you to the Naked Baseball concept?
Even if there never a real game played, I have had fun with the idea.

The Catcher! Watch the Catcher!

Better than Naked Knitters. Much better. Less risk of injury...(maybe)
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 pm UTC

So ... work just blocked Google Play. Anyone know a way around that that won't compromise my Google account security?
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
Kulantan
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:24 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere witty

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Kulantan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

Find a different job.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

phlip wrote:(Scholars believe it is lost to time exactly which search engine Columbus preferred... though they are reasonably sure that he was an avid user of Apple Maps.)

Blog.

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby addams » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:So ... work just blocked Google Play. Anyone know a way around that that won't compromise my Google account security?

You are paid to play video games?
You are paid to do something else and you play video games?

They blocked the game? Are you a programer?
The Company motivates you by Boredom.

You will Hack this Bad Boy or you will sit in this Cubicle and write Research Outlines!
That is one kind of Psychological Torture.

When they tell you that your computer is not connected to the network and none of your work exists.
That is a different kind of Psychological Torture.

If you can Hack In; That is tangle evidence that you Can do something.
And; They might let you play the game for a while, as a reward?

That sounds like a tough place to work. Does the Secretary like you?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby roband » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:So ... work just blocked Google Play. Anyone know a way around that that won't compromise my Google account security?

remote access a PC at home and do it from there.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby Xeio » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:So ... work just blocked Google Play. Anyone know a way around that that won't compromise my Google account security?
On... what? Wifi?

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

I'm assuming SurgicalSteel, like me, listens to Google Play Music all day while working.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests