Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm UTC

You could start by being more specific, maybe.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm UTC

Personally I'd flat-out tell the truth 95% of the time. Unless the person is already suicidal or depressed or something, then I might sugar coat it a little. People who know me, know that of me and usually respect and appreciate me for it.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm UTC

YES. Brutal honesty. *Nathan Explosion voice... well, female Nathan Explosion voice--Nancy Explosion?* Though caring about feelings is always possible. Even when you're being brutal.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:55 pm UTC

I don't have any plans for the forth coming Gobblepocalypse. This lady knows this. She wishes me to join her on the Day of Thor. I would like nothing better than to strike her across the nose with a rolled up newspaper. I have been jovial in dealings with her, because I have to interact with her often, but I have not been giving any signs that I have an interest beyond professional. The invitation has put me in an uncomfortable position, and fortunately I got called away before the socially acceptable mental debate period had expired. I can only think of three ways to say "no". I'm thinking about saying something along the lines of, "No." But that may be to abrupt.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:56 pm UTC

Do you think she's going to react badly to an honest "no"? If not, then go ahead. If yes, then make something up.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:58 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I don't have any plans for the forth coming Gobblepocalypse. This lady knows this. She wishes me to join her on the Day of Thor. I would like nothing better than to strike her across the nose with a rolled up newspaper. I have been jovial in dealings with her, because I have to interact with her often, but I have not been giving any signs that I have an interest beyond professional. The invitation has put me in an uncomfortable position, and fortunately I got called away before the socially acceptable mental debate period had expired. I can only think of three ways to say "no". I'm thinking about saying something along the lines of, "No." But that may be to abrupt.

So, she wants you to join her in her Thanksgiving festivities?

I had the same thing happen at work, albeit with my flight chief. Not only does his general insistence on being social with the flight on our days off make me uncomfortable enough, but I'm not driving fifty miles to his house just so I can eat turkey. When he asked me what plans I had for Thanksgiving, I lied and said my plans were "tentative". Luckily, I got invites from two other people the next day.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm UTC

If I knew what she was going to do, this wouldn't be a dilemma for me. However, I don't know many of the circumstances surrounding this. She was...very eager to invite me over. I wasn't reading anything unchaste, but the lady sitting behind her (whom I trust) was giving me the big ol' "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" sign. The lady who I trust made a play for me, over a soccer match, and I shot her down en flambe. She has since learned enough of me to know that I don't date, and don't want to date. So, I'm worried about how a "No." will be received.

The EGE wrote:

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 pm UTC

Perhaps I should spend more time on the fora? I don't remember people as well now..>.>
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:05 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:I don't have any plans for the forth coming Gobblepocalypse. This lady knows this. She wishes me to join her on the Day of Thor. I would like nothing better than to strike her across the nose with a rolled up newspaper. I have been jovial in dealings with her, because I have to interact with her often, but I have not been giving any signs that I have an interest beyond professional. The invitation has put me in an uncomfortable position, and fortunately I got called away before the socially acceptable mental debate period had expired. I can only think of three ways to say "no". I'm thinking about saying something along the lines of, "No." But that may be to abrupt.

I had the same thing happen at work, albeit with my flight chief. Not only does his general insistence on being social with the flight on our days off make me uncomfortable enough, but I'm not driving fifty miles to his house just so I can eat turkey. When he asked me what plans I had for Thanksgiving, I lied and said my plans were "tentative". Luckily, I got invites from two other people the next day.

I had a standing offer on all holidays. If you were in my squadron, and didn't have anything else to do, show up at my house and we'll make a day of it. I lived on base, and never spent a holiday alone. I'd always have people just show up, usually they'd call first, but they'd come over and we'd have a good time. I tried my hardest to be there for everyone in the USAF, even though I didn't have much to give I at least was able to be a live warm body for people to converse with during those times.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm UTC

I wasn't reading anything unchaste, but the lady sitting behind her (whom I trust) was giving me the big ol' "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO" sign.

Maybe there's been gossip in the break room or something and she knows something more concrete than you do.

I'd go with an apologetic-sounding, "No."
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm UTC

That would be the "disingenuous" route. Because I'm not sorry. I want these people to leave me alone. I will decide if, and when, I enter "the market".

The EGE wrote:

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:33 pm UTC

"No, thank you." There's no need to be apologetic, but there's also no need to be short.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:37 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:

I had a standing offer on all holidays. If you were in my squadron, and didn't have anything else to do, show up at my house and we'll make a day of it. I lived on base, and never spent a holiday alone. I'd always have people just show up, usually they'd call first, but they'd come over and we'd have a good time. I tried my hardest to be there for everyone in the USAF, even though I didn't have much to give I at least was able to be a live warm body for people to converse with during those times.

Yeah, yeah. I realize that it's an unwritten rule that NCOs and SNCOs must receive all Airmen with open arms over the holidays, but it doesn't make the situation any less awkward considering the kind of guy he is.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 pm UTC

Yeah, I can dig that not every invite is created equal. However, I would like to say that it isn't a rule, it is a pleasure. The Airmen take care of the NCOs, so it is only fair that the NCOs make sure the Airmen aren't drifting in the wind.

The EGE wrote:

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:50 pm UTC

My desk's phone has an infinity button, and a red button. I want to press them. I WANT TO PRESS THEM SO BAD.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

Find a Niece. Find a Nephew. Make THEM press the button after making a cup of tea. If the shit lays a beat down on a fan, then you were just making a cup of tea when the button was pushed.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:05 pm UTC

Press them both. AT THE SAME TIME. :twisted:

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:08 pm UTC

NO! You FOOL! Red Infinity is like dividing by zero in reverse!

The EGE wrote:

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:NO! You FOOL! Red Infinity is like dividing by zero in reverse!

But, doesn't that mean you would fix the universe?

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

Orez the Red Infinity shall rise, and It shall devour the planet, but before doing so It will open one of Its infinite mouths and... make a ringing noise for several minutes before the person on the other end hangs up just before you answer the call.

EDITED: Obligatory "WHO WAS PHONE!?" reference. Orez was. Eldritch Many-Mouthed Beast of the Apocalypse was phone.
Last edited by Ginger on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Jumble

Postby Jumble » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

I think you'll find the infinity button redials the last number, and the red button makes the suns core go supernova. Nothing exciting.
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 pm UTC

Mumpy wrote:

No, no. Dividing by zero causes the universe to collapse in on itself. Sort of an implosion.

Red Infinity reverses that procedure, so the universe explodes. But only after every man in the universe is kicked in the junk. Twice. And women grow a junk, then get kicked in said junk. But only once. The junk growing procedure is trying enough. Even the universe isn't that big a dick.

The EGE wrote:

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:36 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:
Mumpy wrote:

No, no. Dividing by zero causes the universe to collapse in on itself. Sort of an implosion.

Red Infinity reverses that procedure, so the universe explodes. But only after every man in the universe is kicked in the junk. Twice. And women grow a junk, then get kicked in said junk. But only once. The junk growing procedure is trying enough. Even the universe isn't that big a dick.

But that big an explosion is like the big bang, isn't it?

Does this mean our universe comes from someone creating red infinity before us, and lasts until such time as red infinity can be created again? Or that we are in for the mother, father, grandparents and seedy uncle of all junk-kickings?

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

I like my women a little lacking in the male genitalia department.
Stay the hell away from that button!
Magnanimous wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I am sick and tired of these motherfucking aliens on this motherfucking plain!
I love you.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:50 pm UTC

Mumpy wrote:
Oregonaut wrote:
Mumpy wrote:

But that big an explosion is like the big bang, isn't it?

Does this mean our universe comes from someone creating red infinity before us, and lasts until such time as red infinity can be created again? Or that we are in for the mother, father, grandparents and seedy uncle of all junk-kickings?

I learned about this problem while traversing time and punching McCarthy in the dick. It is common record in the universe before ours, which wasn't that large by our standards. When Red Infinity is created again, we'll have no way of warning the future galaxy to not push the red button and infinity button at the same time.

The EGE wrote:

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:20 pm UTC

This is the top photo on the front page of one of the local newspapers in my town:
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

Last week I was in one of the practise rooms in the university's music building working on a piece of music I needed to hand in by the end of the day. Just as I was packing up and getting ready to leave some guy burst into the room. He apologised and said he'd got the wrong room and then explained that he'd been sent down to the practise rooms since he was looking for some undergraduates to start a band. Then he asked if I would be interested in being part of this band. Since people trying to get into practise rooms that are already occupied is a pretty normal occurance (there isn't enough space for everyone to get a room most of the time), I reacted the same way I usually would (that is, I got pissed off and told him I was not interested in being part of his band and could he please get out of the room). Then I forgot about it until now.

An email was just sent to everyone who uses the music building saying a man claiming to be looking for undergraduates to start a band got into the music building today despite not actually being allowed into the building (only music students and people who have paid for practise passes/studio passes are supposed to be able to get in). Not only this but he then became physically violent towards some of the staff members when they asked him to leave and refused to give him some stationery. They had to get security to come and throw him out. Now I'm freaking out a little bit. I know nothing went wrong when he burst into the practise room but I didn't even think to let someone know that that had happened. And if he got violent over some stationery he could have done the same after I pretty much told him to get lost. I am not feeling very good about this right now...
Spoiler:
Not helping is the fact that there's a board where you put your pass when you take a key to a room so pretty much everyone can see who is in what room and what if he choose my room because he could see it was a woman that was in the room and...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

Orktimus Prime disapproves.

Spoiler:

The EGE wrote:

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:This is the top photo on the front page of one of the local newspapers in my town:
Spoiler:

What the hell is that chasing her?!
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:Last week I was in one of the practise rooms in the university's music building working on a piece of music I needed to hand in by the end of the day. Just as I was packing up and getting ready to leave some guy burst into the room. He apologised and said he'd got the wrong room and then explained that he'd been sent down to the practise rooms since he was looking for some undergraduates to start a band. Then he asked if I would be interested in being part of this band. Since people trying to get into practise rooms that are already occupied is a pretty normal occurance (there isn't enough space for everyone to get a room most of the time), I reacted the same way I usually would (that is, I got pissed off and told him I was not interested in being part of his band and could he please get out of the room). Then I forgot about it until now.

An email was just sent to everyone who uses the music building saying a man claiming to be looking for undergraduates to start a band got into the music building today despite not actually being allowed into the building (only music students and people who have paid for practise passes/studio passes are supposed to be able to get in). Not only this but he then became physically violent towards some of the staff members when they asked him to leave and refused to give him some stationery. They had to get security to come and throw him out. Now I'm freaking out a little bit. I know nothing went wrong when he burst into the practise room but I didn't even think to let someone know that that had happened. And if he got violent over some stationery he could have done the same after I pretty much told him to get lost. I am not feeling very good about this right now...
Spoiler:
Not helping is the fact that there's a board where you put your pass when you take a key to a room so pretty much everyone can see who is in what room and what if he choose my room because he could see it was a woman that was in the room and...

Time to form a Teapot Protection Force. I've five men waiting on the tarmac. Give me the word and your coordinates, they can be there in the next 10 hours.
Magnanimous wrote:
Dargon Cophe wrote:I am sick and tired of these motherfucking aliens on this motherfucking plain!
I love you.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

Oregonaut, why don't you MAKE some plans for Thanksgiving, so you can give her an honest excuse? If I didn't have family members (read: a grandmother) who would leave my head on a pike as a warning to my sister if I chose to excuse myself from the family festivities, I would probably volunteer with a local community resource center to help put on the community Thanksgiving dinner for everyone else who didn't have somewhere to be/was hungry.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

greythought

Postby greythought » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
podbaydoor wrote:This is the top photo on the front page of one of the local newspapers in my town:
Spoiler:

What the hell was the chain of events that lead up to this monstrosity of a bewildering occurrence?!
Mind is in the Oort cloud.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 pm UTC

I'm thinking of writing a serious of fake research papers on a subject, say 50 papers under 50 pseudonyms, each of the 50 papers referencing 10-15 of the other papers I wrote, but I need to have a rule that there is a minimum of three papers required for a circular reference.

I just need a subject, and the willingness to actually plan out these papers, conclusions, figure out the references, etc. I probably will never get around to it.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

micco

Postby micco » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Spoiler:

Looks a lot like that Elmo character playing a trumpet.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

Smoking is bad. I've known it for a long time. I've never smoked a cig, and two sessions with the more recreational type of cig.

Why do I want to start smoking?! :x This doesn't make any sense!
Magnanimous wrote:
I love you.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm UTC

Possible explanations: The cool kids, a wizard/witch, you just wanna, something in your life makes you just wanna, stress relief, to watch the world burn etcetera.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm UTC

greythought wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
Spoiler:

What the hell was the chain of events that lead up to this monstrosity of a bewildering occurrence?!

There is an explanation. Extreme cross-country running, apparently.

It's just that in the explanation, there's pretty much crazy shit happening in every paragraph.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/201 ... e-extreme/
Perhaps the best costume of the day was a group effort involving six runners.

They were dressed in blue hospital scrubs and a seventh member of the group was rolled on a gurney throughout the course as the runners gave her breathing instructions and she mimed the delivery of a baby.

Steven Mankofsky, 21, took another approach.

He ran the entire race barefoot and dressed as a Dominos pizza deliveryman.

Mankofsky devoured nearly all of the extra-large pizza during the race. “There are a few pieces of dirt-filled pizza left,” he told a reporter at the finish line. “You hungry?”

At one point in the race, ropes were strung across the course and costumed runners rolled, crawled and crab-walked underneath. The atmosphere was heightened by a drill sergeant barking out instructions and a bystander who threw smoke bombs.

“Let’s go ladies: Stop, drop and roll,” the drill sergeant barked into a megaphone. “Come on, I want to see you get out of my obstacle course.”
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm UTC

Dargon Cophe wrote:Smoking is bad. I've known it for a long time. I've never smoked a cig, and two sessions with the more recreational type of cig.

Why do I want to start smoking?! :x This doesn't make any sense!

I know exactly what you mean, I have the same thing going on. Apparently I was at a party shouting* "I'm pagan and gay so I'm predestined to smoke, it is natural selection" the other night.

*I was definitely at the party, but don't remember the shouting.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:24 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:Oregonaut, why don't you MAKE some plans for Thanksgiving, so you can give her an honest excuse? If I didn't have family members (read: a grandmother) who would leave my head on a pike as a warning to my sister if I chose to excuse myself from the family festivities, I would probably volunteer with a local community resource center to help put on the community Thanksgiving dinner for everyone else who didn't have somewhere to be/was hungry.

Over a decade of tradition indicates that I be at my house, cooking T-Day food for whomever wants to stop by.

My OCD demands no less.

The EGE wrote:

Dargon Cophe

Postby Dargon Cophe » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:30 pm UTC

Ginger wrote:Possible explanations: The cool kids, a wizard/witch, you just wanna, something in your life makes you just wanna, stress relief, to watch the world burn etcetera.

I think it's a mixture of stress relief and the cool kids.

What should I do? I'm told that there's no such thing as a "safe" cigarette, but I don't want cancer or that shit; my lungs are fucked up enough from when I lived with my parent's smoking.

That might be it too.
Magnanimous wrote:
I love you.

Return to “General”