Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 pm UTC

... I'd guess that the "ó" is messing with the url tag.

FT: I really need to be more detailed when I'm writing down my dreams. Two days ago, I just wrote "Boy Scouts game show", and I have no idea what this means.

User avatar
Eseell
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 am UTC
Location: WA

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Eseell » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:Also, what the hell am I doing wrong?

Here is the code you wrote I see for that link:

Code: Select all

[url=<a class="linkification-ext" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombol%C3%B3i" title="Linkification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombolói">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombolói</a>]Komboloi[/url]

It should be just

Code: Select all

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombol%C3%B3i]Komboloi[/url]
Komboloi
You don't need all those HTML tags inside the BBCode url tags. It looks like a Firefox plugin screwed with it, but I'm not 100% sure if it's yours or mine.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby tastelikecoke » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:52 am UTC

I have 331 messages on deviantart! 331 artworks to look at!
I can't just ignore them; my conscience want to favorite some of them, but it's a squabble to do.
...
after 2 hours only 78 are left.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby elminster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:45 am UTC

Yay, proper internet coming in less than a week; then back to browsing without paying extortionate amount for even legal viewing.

I swear I'm getting at least 1 more mosquito in my room every night. Also grasshoppers, wasps, other fly types, ladybirds... I could have sworn moving from the countryside next to a large field to inner London was meant to yield a decrease in insects, not increase =/
Image

User avatar
meatyochre
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 am UTC
Location: flying with the Conchords

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby meatyochre » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 am UTC

elminster wrote:Yay, proper internet coming in less than a week; then back to browsing without paying extortionate amount for even legal viewing.

I swear I'm getting at least 1 more mosquito in my room every night. Also grasshoppers, wasps, other fly types, ladybirds... I could have sworn moving from the countryside next to a large field to inner London was meant to yield a decrease in insects, not increase =/

Oh man, that reminds me. I could NOT believe it when I visited a 32nd floor apartment on lake michigan in chicago downtown. There were a billion ladybugs out there! That high up! it was nuts :(
Dark567 wrote:"Hey, I created a perpetual motion device"

"yeah, but your poster sucks. F-"

Image

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 am UTC

Yesterday, I got contact lenses. It's odd being able to see clearly without having glasses perched on my nose. And awesome. Downside is that the right hand one itches like hell. The left hand one I can barely feel, but the right one is a right pain in the... eye.

Luckily, I seem to be able to see quite clearly with just the left one in, since the crisp image from the left eye seems to override the blurry image from the right eye.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Yesterday, I got contact lenses. It's odd being able to see clearly without having glasses perched on my nose. And awesome. Downside is that the right hand one itches like hell. The left hand one I can barely feel, but the right one is a right pain in the... eye.

Luckily, I seem to be able to see quite clearly with just the left one in, since the crisp image from the left eye seems to override the blurry image from the right eye.


That's not a good long-term thing to do, though, as you can lose stereo vision if you teach your brain to ignore one eye.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 am UTC

I know, I'm just doing it temporarily as a momentary relief from the itching. I'll have to put it back in (or switch back to the glasses) when I drive home anyway. I suspect there's a slight defect in the RH lens causing the discomfort, and that the next lenses I get will be okay. If not, I'll have to go back to the opticians and get them to double check the fitting is okay.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby emceng » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:07 pm UTC

Fleeting thought - is SR's pic a Fight Club thing, or just general ninja-ness?
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
GraphiteGirl
Alpha Male
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:45 pm UTC
Location: South-East Snakeville

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby GraphiteGirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:18 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:So much <3 for GraphiteGirl's new title. :)

My sentiments exactly.

So, does anyone else find themselves constantly replacing the word "English" (the nation, not the language) with the word "British", even when you were in fact referring just to something that's England-based? After years of being reminded in history lectures that we often mean "the British empire" when we refer to England in history, I'm in the habit of substitution.
Sandry wrote:Man, my commitment to sparkle motion is waaaaay lower than you are intimating.

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

GraphiteGirl wrote:So, does anyone else find themselves constantly replacing the word "English" (the nation, not the language) with the word "British", even when you were in fact referring just to something that's England-based?
I don't. I use the two fairly precisely. Granted, my main sources for UK history are Irish and Scottish ones, and I am a rather active member of my local institute for Celtic studies.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

Uh, no, but as a Britisher and an Englishman that's perhaps not so surprising. For my part I often turn American into "of the USA".

And NSW into NSFW but that's a different phenomenon.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Lazar
Landed Gentry
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm UTC
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Lazar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Fleeting thought - is SR's pic a Fight Club thing, or just general ninja-ness?

Spoiler:
Image

GraphiteGirl wrote:So, does anyone else find themselves constantly replacing the word "English" (the nation, not the language) with the word "British", even when you were in fact referring just to something that's England-based? After years of being reminded in history lectures that we often mean "the British empire" when we refer to England in history, I'm in the habit of substitution.

If it's a case where the two are truly interchangeable (i.e. my mother lived in England/Britain for some time as a child), then I'll pick one at random. When I'm referring to the whole kingdom, I prefer Britain over the UK.
Exit the vampires' castle.

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:And NSW into NSFW but that's a different phenomenon.
Yeah. Given the behavior of the state labor party over the last generation or so, NSW = NSFW makes a lot of sense.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 pm UTC

emceng wrote:Fleeting thought - is SR's pic a Fight Club thing, or just general ninja-ness?


I'm not sure how you could be a denizen of the Internet and not seen this, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:37 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:I'm not sure how you could be a denizen of the Internet and not seen this, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90.
If you're assuming that every 'denizen of the Internet' does that whole flash video thing, that whole "you-tube" thing, you have a very limited idea of who inhabits the internet.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:40 pm UTC

Yeah, it's completely ignoring the Midwest US and Australis.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby emceng » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:50 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
emceng wrote:Fleeting thought - is SR's pic a Fight Club thing, or just general ninja-ness?


I'm not sure how you could be a denizen of the Internet and not seen this, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90.



Probably haven't seen it because the majority of my web surfing is done at work, where youtube is blocked.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:52 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:Yeah, it's completely ignoring the Midwest US and Australis.
Are you kidding? The US Midwest pretty much made the "Girls screaming for no apparent reason in a cluttered bedroom" genre of Youtube video. Because there's fuck all else to do, unless you like counting corn stalks or something.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm UTC

Oh, I was making a joke about internet speeds.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
viscusanima
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 am UTC
Location: Cyprus!

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby viscusanima » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:11 pm UTC

I currently have a job clearing out/sorting out a warehouse. In the process of doing this job, I have discovered what hell is.

Hell is an eternity spent stacking and restacking endless shelves of toilet roll, sanitary towels and incontinence nappies.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:Oh, I was making a joke about internet speeds.

Oh....

Yeah, you got me there.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Balesk Baj, Timeburner
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 am UTC
Location: Wherever parallel dimension I'm currently living in...

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Balesk Baj, Timeburner » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm UTC

I just noticed lately that whenever I see the word traveler, my brain reads it as time traveler.
I think there's something wrong with me.
Magnanimous wrote:I'd have a giant I Tetris piece shoved down my throat, after which my neck will flash and disappear.

pheonixduprese
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 am UTC
Location: Des Moines (IA)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby pheonixduprese » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:38 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Are you kidding? The US Midwest pretty much made the "Girls screaming for no apparent reason in a cluttered bedroom" genre of Youtube video. Because there's fuck all else to do, unless you like counting corn stalks or something.


Hey. i'm offended by this. rawr.
Candace wrote: She's like CATNIP for BOYS! She's BOYNIP!

User avatar
NotGrouchy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am UTC
Location: At the poorhouse, dishing out bowls of smiles
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby NotGrouchy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm UTC

Balesk Baj, Timeburner wrote:I just noticed lately that whenever I see the word traveler, my brain reads it as time traveler.
I think there's something wrong with me.

I add ", Timeburner" to everyone's name, thanks to you !

-NG, Timeburner>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., hugs!
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to SPREAD LOVE AMONG HIS FELLOW MAN....
Sungura wrote:I really miss him. Every day. He was pretty snuggly.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm UTC

pheonixduprese wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Are you kidding? The US Midwest pretty much made the "Girls screaming for no apparent reason in a cluttered bedroom" genre of Youtube video. Because there's fuck all else to do, unless you like counting corn stalks or something.
Hey. i'm offended by this. rawr.
Well, I don't know your specifics or how rural you've lived in Iowa, as I wouldn't count Des Moines as anywhere close to rural. Maybe there's more interesting stuff to do in rural Iowa... I know that in rural Kentucky, your options are fish, hunt, hike through hills, or look at corn. Or do heroic amounts of drugs, but that's another story. From what I've seen of the Midwest, it lacks the hills, but is otherwise identical.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 pm UTC

emceng wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
emceng wrote:Fleeting thought - is SR's pic a Fight Club thing, or just general ninja-ness?


I'm not sure how you could be a denizen of the Internet and not seen this, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90.



Probably haven't seen it because the majority of my web surfing is done at work, where youtube is blocked.


Okay, well it's The Spy from Team Fortress 2.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Or do heroic amounts of drugs, but that's another story.
I'm not sure I understand. Is that a large and therefore impressive amount, or is it an "an hero" amount?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5181
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Felstaff » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm UTC

Best Spray tag ever? Best spray tag ever.
Image
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Plasma Man
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 am UTC
Location: Northampton, Northampton, Northampton middle England.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Plasma Man » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:06 pm UTC

viscusanima wrote:I currently have a job clearing out/sorting out a warehouse. In the process of doing this job, I have discovered what hell is.

Hell is an eternity spent stacking and restacking endless shelves of toilet roll, sanitary towels and incontinence nappies.
No, hell is stacking and restacking endless shelves of beer, wine and other delicious alcoholicness when it's a hot day and you're really thirsty. Worst. Job. Ever.
Please note that despite the lovely avatar Sungura gave me, I am not a medical doctor.

Possibly my proudest moment on the fora.

pheonixduprese
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 am UTC
Location: Des Moines (IA)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby pheonixduprese » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
pheonixduprese wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Are you kidding? The US Midwest pretty much made the "Girls screaming for no apparent reason in a cluttered bedroom" genre of Youtube video. Because there's fuck all else to do, unless you like counting corn stalks or something.
Hey. i'm offended by this. rawr.
Well, I don't know your specifics or how rural you've lived in Iowa, as I wouldn't count Des Moines as anywhere close to rural. Maybe there's more interesting stuff to do in rural Iowa... I know that in rural Kentucky, your options are fish, hunt, hike through hills, or look at corn. Or do heroic amounts of drugs, but that's another story. From what I've seen of the Midwest, it lacks the hills, but is otherwise identical.


We have hills, meth, fish, hunt, hiking, AND Axe murder houses. We don't just have hills, we have ridges. And, likewise, ravines. Des Moines is just my official home, I can survive in lots of places. I almost bragged about our caves but then... stupid Mammoth Cave. But since 96 percent of Iowa is in private ownership, it's a little hard to get to places. But it is fun when you get to a place and the water changes colors. Interesting story-
Spoiler:
We were at this abandoned church camp, and we turned on this spicout. First the water was black. Like, black. Then it lightened to brown, and eventually clear. But suddenly it went to red, and then orange. Then clear again. Then yellow, and then, yet again, it turned a really weird metallic color.


But we aren't all corn out here, ya know. We have an axe murder house. I'm sure you've heard of it.
Candace wrote: She's like CATNIP for BOYS! She's BOYNIP!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Or do heroic amounts of drugs, but that's another story.
I'm not sure I understand. Is that a large and therefore impressive amount, or is it an "an hero" amount?
Amounts that would kill mere mortals. Amounts that would drive sane men mad and cause women to faint in shock. Amounts that can only be measured in tonnage.

So.. yes?

pheonixduprese wrote:But we aren't all corn out here, ya know. We have an axe murder house. I'm sure you've heard of it.

Look, I don't call him Goatfucker Tom, and I'm not going to call you Axe Murderin' State either.

Also, Wisconsin kinda 1-up'd you. For the record.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

pheonixduprese
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 am UTC
Location: Des Moines (IA)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby pheonixduprese » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 pm UTC

Actually, I'm thoroughly convinced that Axe Murderin' state is better than Flat, Corn Filled State
Candace wrote: She's like CATNIP for BOYS! She's BOYNIP!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:22 pm UTC

Then get to work! I'm sure you've got Wal-Marts, Home Depots and Lowes..es.. Loweses? Lowes's? Lowes? Anyway, place that sell axes and axe related accessories. Start hackin'. Tell all your friends to join in.

THEN we'll start calling you Axe-Murderin' state.

Actually, within my circle of meatspace friends, Iowa is the control center. See, we've got a theory that everyone in Iowa is a Government employee of some sort, that works on the giant control mechanisms and retrofitted circuitry of The Cannon... or as you probably know it, Idaho. We built it in 1903 to defend our borders against the Canadians.

We use the same logic we used to determine that Tupac Shakur, Masta P and Kurt Cobain are/were all the same person.
Last edited by SecondTalon on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:24 pm UTC

"...and he was choppin' up all the women's meat..."

Fallout 3...seriously, that music is...creepy with that backdrop.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

Srsly, get the "There's More Where That Came From" mod.. if nothing else, it's got Butcher Pete part 2. And the entire Minnie the Moocher saga.

Blastin' Raiders to the famous call-answer bits is.. cathartic.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

pheonixduprese
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 am UTC
Location: Des Moines (IA)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby pheonixduprese » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Then get to work! I'm sure you've got Wal-Marts, Home Depots and Lowes..es.. Loweses? Lowes's? Lowes? Anyway, place that sell axes and axe related accessories. Start hackin'. Tell all your friends to join in.

THEN we'll start calling you Axe-Murderin' state.

Actually, within my circle of meatspace friends, Iowa is the control center. See, we've got a theory that everyone in Iowa is a Government employee of some sort, that works on the giant control mechanisms and retrofitted circuitry of The Cannon... or as you probably know it, Idaho. We built it in 1903 to defend our borders against the Canadians.

We use the same logic we used to determine that Tupac Shakur, Masta P and Kurt Cobain are/were all the same person.

Shit. I'm going to have to call my friends at Information Control to come and iradicate you and your friends in Rural Kentucky

Actually, we don't have any wal-marts, home depots, or lowes. I always see the commercials, though.
Candace wrote: She's like CATNIP for BOYS! She's BOYNIP!

User avatar
Oregonaut
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Oregon

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Oregonaut » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 pm UTC

Orly?

I'll have to try that. I'm still not done with Mothership Zeta yet, so it could be interesting when I go back into the wilds for more of the main story arc.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

User avatar
Upsilon
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am UTC
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Upsilon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Because there's fuck all else to do, unless you like counting corn stalks or something.

I resent that.

We've also got cows.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:45 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests