Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

destroyerman

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby destroyerman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 pm UTC

hi! I'm alex, 20 years old, go to school in virginia, etc.

I'm actually a girl, but my friend's mom gave me this piece of advice once:
"when you're making an account on ebay, make your login name as manly sounding as possible. if you sound like a dumb girl, people will take advantage of you." I found her wisdom amusing and have carried it with me throughout my internet adventures. hence, destroyerman. (take advantage of me now, bitches!!)

a friend showed me this comic a while ago and I loved it, but I never thought about joining the forums because it seemed pointless. then I started reading the forums and I saw how cool and fun everyone seemed, so I wanted to jump in and get to know all you guys.

feel free to message me or whatever. peace and love.

Mandiful

Postby Mandiful » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Well hallo thar!

My name's Mandi, and I'm a 21-year-old girl living in Toronto, ON, Canada.
I currently attend the University of Toronto for my undergrad in Cognitive Science, Philosophy, and English.

Here is a picture of moi:

Basically, I joined the forum because I love forums, and I love the xkcd comics. So you can do the mental heuristics for how that one works.

I love everything and anything nerdy/scientific. My primary nerd-esque interests are generally video games and any science having to do with the mind/brain, i.e. psychology, neuroscience, AI, etc. However, I dabble in lots of other things as well.

I look forward to posting on/reading this forum, and hopefully making some new friends who will be interesting to talk to.

westcydr

Postby westcydr » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:03 pm UTC

Ok, I am 29, living "somewhere in middle America", and originally from "Amish Paradise".... I am Jewish, and have studies my religion as a child in school, through most of high school, as well as spending several months in Jerusalem when I was younger. I work for the US Government, as a Sergeant in the Air Force. My political opinions do not fit into any one-word category, for that matter, nor do my religious ones. I firmly believe that 99.9% of people that are telling you "THE Jewish opinion" on anything are ignorant at best... I live in America, so I am somewhat familiar with many flavors of Christianity. Sadly, some days it seems I know more about some of these denominations than practitioners... I have a very limited brain-mouth/hand filter, but I do occasionally try for tact...
I am happy to at least try to answer any questions asked of me, even if the answer is sometimes "whoever said there is no such thing as a stupid question never met you..".. I try to save that for very "special" questions...

Oh, and my name is Jason, and I am a male (Yes, I HAVE met a female named Jason. No, I did not have sex with her, but only partially for the reason that screaming my own name during sex would be weird..)
---------------------------
ICQ/AIM 5683738
יששכר
"Who needs a quote in a signature, anyways?"

Celestial

Postby Celestial » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 pm UTC

Hii I am new to these forums but not new to the awesome xkcd comics :)

I am a female.
I live in Canada Ontario.. why should I tell you where ? (stalkers)
I am an English literature major, Philosophy minor

I could list personality traits, but what would that prove? heh

I listen, breathe, love music
I sniff my books because I love the smell of a new book ( haha you think im crazy!)
I am an avid coffee drinker and no one can take away my beans
I love to read (damn thats a given)
I play video games (more like pc games.. the ones that guys play usually...I love UT, Quake, TF2, Portal and mmorpgs too ^^ I am sorta playing Rappelz now.

I watch classic movies and indie movies.
I dislike most of humanity :) but if you are lucky I wont dislike you

Spoon_of_Doom

Postby Spoon_of_Doom » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 am UTC

Hi! My name is Chris, I'm 22 and I'm from Germany. I'm studying informatics at Duisburg University, which alone would probably be enough to classify me as a nerd :D Also, on another completely different, random and useless note, writing this I realise that German cities sound funny when talking/writing English.

What can I tell about myself? I'm into video games, movies and I love me some Science Fiction in both of them. My current favourites would be Mass Effect for games and, although not the youngest one, Fifth Element for movies. Maybe that will change when I finally watch Blade Runner, which, for some obscure reason, I haven't done yet. Ever.
My kind of music is everything with an electric guitar in it, though that doesn't mean I don't listen to anything without. SR-71 is what I listen to the most at the moment.

I have come to this forum for two reasons:
1) I've been reading this comic for a while and I think not only the comic itself is awesome, but also the level of style, quality and expression that is accomplished using only stick figures.
2) I've also been reading the forum threads for the comics every now and then, and from what I've seen there it can very well be said that the people on this forum are at least as awesome as the comic is.

So here I am, the new guy. Is there some kind of initiation ritual I have to do, like cutting of a part of my ring finger or something? :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:53 am UTC

westcydr wrote:I firmly believe that 99.9% of people that are telling you "THE Jewish opinion" on anything are ignorant at best...

Obviously! "The Jewish opinion" doesn't exist, simple fact. A religion based on the tenets of questioning and personal/ an enormous amount of rabbinical interpretation has no room for a single "correct" opinion.

Welcome!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

westcydr

Postby westcydr » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:07 am UTC

TheTankengine wrote:
westcydr wrote:I firmly believe that 99.9% of people that are telling you "THE Jewish opinion" on anything are ignorant at best...

Obviously! "The Jewish opinion" doesn't exist, simple fact. A religion based on the tenets of questioning and personal/ an enormous amount of rabbinical interpretation has no room for a single "correct" opinion.

Welcome!

A lot of people do not know this, or notice this...
---------------------------
ICQ/AIM 5683738
יששכר
"Who needs a quote in a signature, anyways?"

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:28 am UTC

Celestial and Mandiful: Hey! Canadian-Ontarian ladies! This is exciting!
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

Muppetizer

Postby Muppetizer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:22 am UTC

Howdy,
My name's Jackson, but you can call me Stuart E. Forest, I've been a long time xkcd fan, and a ghost on these forums for a few months now.
I'm an unemployed, just finished high school, seventeen year old, Deus Ex loving, Capt'n Picard fanboy, with little to no direction in life, who understands that right now is probably the best life can be. (as apposed to all those teens who hate their life and wish it would change, I like to play with social norms)

My number one interest is music, with number two being literature and other such flowered uses of language such as poetry or those really really pretentious journalists who speak of the languid constructs of a broken world drowning in the putrescent tears of a thousand helpless children. It's hilarious stuff!
My fave musical peoples are, Leonard Cohen, Nick Cave, Yann Tiersen, PJ Harvey and Miles Davis. But I'm really getting into post-rock at the moment, especialy the current Montreal scene.

It has to be said that I love Star Trek, especialy Next Generation, not because I'm a nerd, but because it's simply amazing. (though I am a nerd)
It would also be impossible to introduce myself without advertising the sheer liquid wonderment that is Fallout 2, or Deus Ex, or Morrowind.

edit: and yes, I am as impersonal as this makes me seem.

S.J.

Postby S.J. » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:41 am UTC

Hi I'm Steve,
I've been reading the comics for a a while now and been lurking through the forums for a couple of months. I'm born, bred and residing in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm proudly nerd. I write software for a living, mostly in java and thoroughly enjoy what I do. I completed a BSc with a Comp Sci and Psych major at Melbourne Uni. Not sure how active I'll end up being in these forums but thought I should stick up my hand and say hi, so without further adieu... hello world!

Heather

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:59 am UTC

Greetings!

My name is Heather. I'm a 27(.5) year old American lady currently living and working in Sydney, Australia. By day, I'm a (well, THE) Systems Administrator for a web development/hosting company. I do a bit of everything: end user support, server support, email support, router/switch/firewall configuration, the works. By night, I love to craft. Knitting, crochet, sewing, hopefully picking up cross-stitch and whatever else comes my way. I like building computers, rocking out to indie tunes and devouring mass quantities of tea and chocolate. I have a strange obsession with pink things.

Here's me:

I think that's about it for now. :D

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am UTC

Everyone is so cool...

Muppetizer

Postby Muppetizer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 am UTC

Khonsu wrote:Everyone is so cool...

*ahem*

Muppetizer wrote:It has to be said that I love Star Trek, especialy Next Generation, not because I'm a nerd, but because it's simply amazing.

Noughmad

Postby Noughmad » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 am UTC

Hello everybody!

I've been reading xkcd for a long time and now I decided to join the forums. I really like this comic because it's about many aspects of my life: mathematics, programming, internet, love or just plain geekdom.
BTW, my name is Miha and I come from Slovenia.
Laziness is the mother of wisdom.
My woblag

cypherspace

Re: POST HERE FIRST - INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby cypherspace » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:00 pm UTC

williamager wrote:
cypherspace wrote:Hello! No-one will ever read this apart from the newbie after me, but that's enough.

Actually, I've read it, and a number of others probably have as well.

Shhh, I'm doing quiet desperation.

I will now continue to post elsewhere until people notice me and my desperate need for acceptance is fulfilled.

You have been noticed.

Marvellous.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:23 pm UTC

Hi, I'm steax, a high school student from Indonesia. I love math, science and computers, and have been reading this blog for quite a while. I find a lot of it really interesting (any amazingly very often I can relate really close to it!).

I've decided to join the forums now, after about 3 months hanging around anonymously. Hello everyone! :mrgreen:
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:42 pm UTC

Muppetizer wrote:

*ahem*

Muppetizer wrote:It has to be said that I love Star Trek, especialy Next Generation, not because I'm a nerd, but because it's simply amazing.

Hey, she already said you're cool, isn't that enough for you?
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

mmx49

Postby mmx49 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:50 pm UTC

Good man!

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:24 pm UTC

Mandiful wrote:Well hallo thar!

My name's Mandi, and I'm a 21-year-old girl living in Toronto, ON, Canada.
I currently attend the University of Toronto for my undergrad in Cognitive Science, Philosophy, and English.

Here is a picture of moi:

Basically, I joined the forum because I love forums, and I love the xkcd comics. So you can do the mental heuristics for how that one works.

I love everything and anything nerdy/scientific. My primary nerd-esque interests are generally video games and any science having to do with the mind/brain, i.e. psychology, neuroscience, AI, etc. However, I dabble in lots of other things as well.

I look forward to posting on/reading this forum, and hopefully making some new friends who will be interesting to talk to.

Is that your hand at a weird angle, or a zombie hand reaching up from below?

Also, a complementary "ur purty" must follow the reposting of this picture.

Tru_Reaper

Postby Tru_Reaper » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:46 pm UTC

Hello!

My name in RL is Lewis, im 16, currently studying for my A Levels and live in Jersey (Channel islands, not new jersey, the original one :p)

im here for some entertainemnt when ive nothing to do

peace out

NagnaZul

Postby NagnaZul » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 am UTC

a/s/l: 14/f/cali...

Hi, my name is Nagna Zul (Zul for short, or Martin if you want a name that doesn't start with a Z - the name comes my (lousy) interpretation of a phrase spoken by Protoss Dragoons in Starcraft). I'm a 19-year old male with a rather alarming tendency to go on large tangents for seemingly no reason. I live somewhere in the frigid northlands of Quebec, and I'm a native french speaker, though I learned English at a relatively young age through video games and The Simpsons.

I'm studying what could be called computer science ("informatique" up here) and hope to some day become a professional game designer. I've already started making games - you might be able to find one of them online if you try hard enough.

Anyways, I've been reading XKCD for somewhere in the region of a year. I have an extremely short temper but try (and sometimes fail) to act rationally. I view life as an extremely (and by extremely I mean sublimely) well designed and highly entertaining video game. When I become bored with it, or stop enjoying myself, I'll stop playing it. Until then, I plan to have fun. Though I see life as something that was incredibly well made, I don't really believe in any religion - I simply don't see the point of blindly believing something that has never been proven true - but let's avoid that can of worms...

I relate to a lot of the comics - for example, the first one (I wonder where I'll float next) or the escalator one, or the "walking without touching cracks" one. I'm what most people would call a nerd (a fat one, at that) and some would question my sanity. I am without a doubt odd at times, though I do believe I am still relatively sane (If I were insane, I probably wouldn't be able to tell).

I'm a very easily scared person - in fact, I'm sure if I were to get therapy, I'd be diagnosed with something like extreme paranoia or the like - I hate horror movies and cannot bear to see them - Seeing "The Mummy" when I was a kid made me unable to sleep for two days. And that's not a horror movie, far from it. I'm always paranoid of something popping up and screaming at me - I supposed I was traumatized by one of "there is something wrong with this picture" screamers.

What else...I'm a huge fan of video games and play them daily (and design new ones weekly, though I rarely go through with actually making them). The aspect of video games that affect me the most would be the musical aspect - I routinely listen to video game music and remixes (though I usually find the originals superior). I'll like pretty much any kind of music, as long as I listen to it more than twice. I enjoy trance, techno, and pretty much anything.

As a hobby, I study psychology - I'll admit that this interest was (mostly) born from watching Derren Brown videos on Youtube. I've come to believe that every person sees the world differently, that there is no real universal "reality" and that everything is a matter of perception. Because of this, whenever someone does or says something I cannot understand at all, I usually dismiss it as "I'm sure it makes sense in his/her head". I've had several "It made sense at the time" moments myself, so I try to be tolerant of people I can't understand.

I've made this post far too long, so I'll just end it here, unceremoniously.

Muppetizer

Postby Muppetizer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 am UTC

Toeofdoom wrote:
Muppetizer wrote:

*ahem*

Hey, she already said you're cool, isn't that enough for you?

A compliment on my personal hygiene would be appreciated.

(also, Hurrah! for Melbourne)

Solid Freeman
Location: On the outskirts of the one of the smallest of the biggest of the second smallest.

Postby Solid Freeman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:41 am UTC

Hi. I didn't even know xkcd had forums, but I decided to check after reading "Dangers", and joined for the explicit purpose of posting this.

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=479632#p479632

Now that I've read around a bit, I think I'll stay. :)

Also, the story of my name is a rather long and possibly disturbing one, but no, it's not Gordon Freeman's clone (close, though).
Can I get a "Fuck yeah, bismuth!"? (bismuth picture in spoiler)

Spoiler:

Phosphox

Postby Phosphox » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 am UTC

8) Hi, name's John. I'm 23, born & raised in San Francisco. Did 2 years of business college (anyone ever notice business could be pronounced as busy-ness) and more recently 2 years working in a business (global freight forwarding = more busy-ness), and even more recently I've been enjoying my couch. Dig the comics, I found them at work and read a bunch non-stop.

I have recently developed plans to construct a ball-pit around my living room couch.

mmx49

Postby mmx49 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:43 am UTC

Phosphox wrote: (anyone ever notice business could be pronounced as busy-ness)

I actually pronounce it that way in my head a lot when I need to spell it. That and wed-ness-day. It's kinda stupid, but things like that helped me learn how to spell trickier words really fast when I was a kid.

Mikeski

Postby Mikeski » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:03 am UTC

Based on the last couple pages of the intro thread, I'll have to introduce myself as a nearly-elderly engineer from the Minneapolis area... I have a few days left as a 33-year-old. I found xkcd quite a while ago, but assumed the forums were about as dead as every other webcomics' forums. Wrong! So, finally, here I be.

Got my BSEE from U North Dakota, and moved here to start designing chips. My current niche is what ye olde Jargon File might call a polygon pusher; I do the physical design/layout/verification work on mixed-signal microchips. I've also got a minor in Comp Sci, so I'm not completely useless as a programmer; just way out of practice.

My chief timewasters are...

Music. Drop a small nuke on Dream Theater, and I probably listen to everything in the kill zone... progressive rock (art rock, symphonic rock, whatever you feel like calling it) from '69 King Crimson to '07 Porcupine Tree, the more musical corners of the death metal world (Opeth \m/), various goth-ish stuff (metal or otherwise), a fair amount of jazz fusion... Favorite album of all time = Brave, by Marillion. Manly man or not, it's enough to bring a tear to mine eye...

Electronics. Skywalker Studios and I have the same speakers. All the better to hear all that music with, my dear...

Pen-and-paper gaming. I still find time for a bit of Dungeons & Dragons or what-have-you once a week or so.

Everquest II. Yeah, way too much time wasted here. Very casual guild, no raiding. Main = Paladin, Alts = almost everything else.

A bowling league. As an excuse for drinking, if nothing else. As evidenced by my stellar 160 average.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 am UTC

Mikeski, that was a kickass intro. You are most welcome!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

violaxcore

Postby violaxcore » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:57 am UTC

So, I'm Justin, originally out of San Diego, 18 years of age and a freshman poli sci major at UC Irvine. Yes, I am Asian. no I'm not Chinese.

I've found that i'm running out of unproductive things to do with my time, so I decided to join these fora. I was introduced to xkcd by my best friend, who is a physics major at slo. He's currently looking into building a coil gun.

I play viola and music is kind of my life. Generally, I'll be listening to ska or pretentious indie music or occasionally russian opera. Favorite artists are Elliott Smith, Pedro the Lion, and Streetlight Manifesto, Renoir, and Miro.

I live in a building with 19 males and 69 females. Of the males there are 5 caucasians, 1 indian, and 13 asians. There are also 4 engineers, 4 bio majors, 1 philosophy major, and 1 comp sci. 2 play starcraft on a regular basis. 1 plays UT. 2 play WoW. 1 wins CS tournaments, and the rest play Dota on a regular basis. I spend my time hanging out with the 65 women.

JoeC

Postby JoeC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:21 am UTC

Hi! I'm Joe.

Joe C., in fact. As you may have already guessed.

My age is the mean of the number of my U.S. state's presidential electors and the largest state's... and whaddya know, since I'm out of high school, that also tells you where I live!

My age is also the first prime that's the sum of the squares of three consecutive positive integers, the highest possible hand in cribbage, the rarest day in the shortest month, the age Hank was when he died, and the number of palms that once grew in a city in California.

I like xkcd; it reminds me of the people we got sick of in college, only later to realize that we missed them once we'd graduated and had to work among people who look at you funny if you anagram their names or wish them a Happy Perihelion.

But hey, I get to work on getting people to use public transit, so I can put up with some of that.

See you around, everybody!

WeAreHeroes

Postby WeAreHeroes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:14 pm UTC

Sex: male

I enjoy games, programming, sleeping, eating, drinking, drinking and sex.

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

WeAreHeroes wrote:Age: 20
Sex: male

I enjoy games, programming, sleeping, eating, drinking, drinking and sex.

Ahh, now there's a German!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

firer

Postby firer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

Name: Cesar Ryudi Kawakami
Alias: Firer
Sex: Male
Age: 19 (I think. Let me see... I was born November 16 1988 so... Yes, I am 19 years old.)
Location: São Paulo - Brazil (Yay! Samba, carnaval, pretty women... Wait. That's the way the world sees it, isn't it? Another question: any brazilian here?)

When I started reading this forum, I just found myself. I mean, hey, these people are interested in things just about the same way as I am. I think it's basically the real definition of "nerd"... It's interesting, because, it seems, most people around here are from USA / Europe, and I'm from a pretty different country. I just fell in love with this forum.

BTW, some of my friends call me "the nerd", or just "nerd"... The funny thing is that most of them are nerds, too. I just exhibit the classical behaviour a bit more... Anyway, I am surprised about how you seem to live in a more tolerative (I don't know if this word existis or is correctly placed here) "world" to the nerds. Maybe it's just my impression, but it seems that, where most people here live, you can find a nerd (or, at least, someone who's tolerant/understands) at every corner!

I am very happy to have found this forum. I hope to start integrating with people here very soon.

Also, I'd like to apologize beforehand for any english mistakes I make. I am still not very good with english, and I'll try to minimize my errors.

EDIT: I think I forgot some important things... I'm currently in my second year at Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (in portuguese, it means Aeronautics Institute of Technology, or something like that), pursuing a Computer Engineering degree. At first, it may seem strange to study Computer Engineering at an aeronautics institute, but they say it's course is harder than the other universities, and I like challenges. :)

Also, it's one of the most difficult places to get in. Here, there's this huge and freakingly difficult test called "vestibular", involving every single thing you may have studied during the entire High School, and some things more. It's important to note that, here in Brazil, you aren't able to "drop" a subject in High School - you've got to obey the official program and pass every single subject. I think it's important (and cool!) to learn not only the subjects related to the area you plan to study in college, but it sucks sometimes... Anyway, this makes the test even more difficult. And it's the *only* thing that's considered when you apply to some college/university (I don't know what's the difference, exactly). And it's not unified, meaning that you have to pass through this "vestibular" for every university you're applying to. Yeah, it's cruel. At ITA, from around seven thousand applicants, only around one hundred get in. Man, I applied to MIT (I didn't pass...), so I had to do the SAT Subject Tests for Math and Physics and, man, they're so damn easier than the "vestibular" we do here. I wish we didn't have to learn Thermodynamics in differential form to enter college...
Last edited by firer on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:16 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a non-native speaker seeking improvement at the English language. If you want, feel free to correct my English mistakes. :)

mmx49

Postby mmx49 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:32 pm UTC

About your English: I wish most native speakers had as a good a grasp of it as you seem to have, judging by your post. :)

Flashh

Postby Flashh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 am UTC

Right, I've seen people get yelled at for not posting here their first post, so here it is.

I'm 16 and currently residing in Fargo, North Dakota. Still in High School, and hoping to go into some sort of graphics design / computer sciences field when I'm older. Basically I want to learn everything there is to learn about creating and maintaining websites, from the graphics to the code to the FTP to the routing, I want to do it all. I've created a few sites before, and a handful of forum skins, as well.

Using the computer is what I do in my free time when I'm away from people, doing who knows what. I enjoy maths and sciences, as well as parkour / freerunning. Living in North Dakota however, as we're not the most urban place in the world, nor have the warmest climate, I can really only do it a few months out of the year in a very small select few places.

I hope to... you know... get addicted to this forum and stuff, because you all seem pretty rad.

reflectia

Postby reflectia » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:55 am UTC

Hi, I'm just a 14-year-old self-proclaimed geek who looks for something to do when she's bored.

I'm really into music (of all genres) and the sciences, and in my spare time I like to play tennis and defy stereotypes.
I accidentally divided by zero and my paper burst into flames.

Sludgemonkey

Postby Sludgemonkey » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 am UTC

Hello, I'm 19 going to college in San Diego, CA. I love reading, computers, and maybe a few other things. I spend my free time (read: when I should be sleeping) playing Cybernations (Online Nation Simulation, Google it if you want to know more). I love the comics here and after reading through your math forum and a few others decided to register and post. Oh, and it should be fun to be part of a forum where everyone seems pretty smart.

Green Wig

Postby Green Wig » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 am UTC

Hi guys. Does anybody even read these introductions threads? I never do. I am an actual person in Ohio. I am not, nor have I ever been a spambot.

Alibaba

Postby Alibaba » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 am UTC

Hey everyone. I'm 16. I like soccer, being alone in laughing xkcd with my peers and being a spambot.

Shit, did I do it right?

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 am UTC

Green Wig wrote:Hi guys. Does anybody even read these introductions threads? I never do.
Yes, yes we do. We read them, and we remember.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Daemonic

Postby Daemonic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Well, I've been lurking here a bit... and I know Gordon IRL (and now a couple of others from here, though I have no idea what their forum names are, just their real names)... so I figured I would finally drop by and post... and what better place than the intro thread?

Been reading XKCD since Gordon introduced it to me quite a while ago (when he was going to the Boston meetup and we met for dinner on his way through Cambridge)... I enjoy the math jokes, which is surprising considering I'm a math major (Comp Sci and Combinatorics double major from the University of Waterloo). For a bigger surprise, I write code for a living. I'm just full of surprises, ain't I?

Anyways, I'm tired and should get some sleep since I actually have way to much work to do this week (damn releases and deadlines), but...

Hello, World.

Return to “General”