Why do you believe superposition/entanglement include spacetime?

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

pittsburghjoe

Why do you believe superposition/entanglement include spacetime?

Postby pittsburghjoe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 pm UTC

When something doesn't have time, gravity, and 3D ..what makes you think spacetime is involved? I'm talking about QM objects when they are unobserved and are considered waves. Have you considered QM might not exist within the fabric of spacetime?

p1t1o

Re: Why do you believe superposition/entanglement include spacetime?

Postby p1t1o » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:37 pm UTC

Because when we use the mathematics that assumes such, we can produce accurate predictions.

Have you made any predictions by assuming your case, better than predictions using the current method?

If so, we're gonna need to see the math.

Have you done any math around your hypothesis?

pittsburghjoe

Postby pittsburghjoe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:50 pm UTC

I'm not saying probability equations are wrong. Just that they are not using spacetime in them.

p1t1o

Postby p1t1o » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:56 pm UTC

pittsburghjoe wrote:...not using spacetime in them.

Im not sure what you mean by this, can you explain?

pittsburghjoe

Postby pittsburghjoe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:09 pm UTC

If it was possible to use spacetime in them ..they wouldn't only be probabilities.

p1t1o

Postby p1t1o » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:15 pm UTC

Is this the uncertainty thing, where you're not sure where it is? Therefore the thing is "not in spacetime"?

pittsburghjoe

Postby pittsburghjoe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:23 pm UTC

I'll get in trouble if I say yes. I can't handle how obvious this is and no one taking it seriously.
You aren't going to formulate a Theory of Everything without this key knowledge.
How does anyone, in their right mind, think quantum weirdness events occur within Spacetime? I know human nature says to keep zooming in ..I'm here to snap you out of it.

p1t1o

Postby p1t1o » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:55 pm UTC

pittsburghjoe wrote:I'll get in trouble if I say yes. I can't handle how obvious this is and no one taking it seriously.
You aren't going to formulate a Theory of Everything without this key knowledge.
How does anyone, in their right mind, think quantum weirdness events occur within Spacetime? I know human nature says to keep zooming in ..I'm here to snap you out of it.

Dude, please keep your scientific spirit, but lose the ego, amongst other things.

and thats a wrap everybody

pittsburghjoe

Postby pittsburghjoe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:16 pm UTC

You guys must be super curious what I think about black holes at this point (sarcasm): When a ginormous star collapses on a single point, the force is so extreme that it causes a QM bubble to scale in Spacetime that does not have to adhere to the rules of the QM/Spacetime divide. Like typical QM objects, it can't be observed but can pull in anything close to it. When two black holes merge, it's just the QM bubble getting more massive.

Is abbe's diffraction limit also the limit to spacetime? Anything smaller doesn't have to adhere to the laws of relativity. It's waves until it is observed. Observation seems to be a property of spacetime. Or they are one and the same, can't tell yet.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm UTC

Fuck off already.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Science”