There Exists for Everyone a Sentence

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

There Exists for Everyone a Sentence

Postby Kewangji » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 pm UTC

Philip K. Dick wrote:There exists, for everyone, a sentence -- a series of words -- that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the second, but you can be certain of getting the first.

Hi all,

I've never really posted here. But hopefully I'm not doing anything too wrong here.

In this game, we post one (1) sentence -- a series of words -- that heals whoever was hurt by the last sentence, and then we post one (1) new sentence which destroys someone else. A sentence is defined in the most intuitive way possible. (So you may use semicolons, if the fancy strikes you.)

I shall start with a destructive sentence.

"Last jukebox bar in town closed after hen do turned violent."
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

heuristically_alone

Re: There Exists for Everyone a Sentence

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 pm UTC

"He's going to make it to the top and be a jukebox hero" -Foreigner

"Never let someone take parts from you because they make me who I am, but there are parts that make me want to hurt myself so what do I do with them?" -Hotel Books
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Re: There Exists for Everyone a Sentence

Postby Kewangji » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:02 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:"Never let someone take parts from you because they make me who I am, but there are parts that make me want to hurt myself so what do I do with them?" -Hotel Books

"Your clone is basically exactly who you are except they don't feel pain, so you can hurt them instead."

"It's a pity he never will finish the last book."
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Return to “Forum Games”