Create Your Own Nation

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Djehutynakht

Re: Create Your Own Nation

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 am UTC

So Nylonathatep... does that basically mean you're done with the game?

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:So Nylonathatep... does that basically mean you're done with the game?

This thread at least, althought I'll still read the thread occassionally :)

Don't get me wrong. I've had a lot of fun in this game. My nation started off as a joke nation. I really doesn't have a long term plan on what I want to achieve with North Oceania and I was feeling like I was stealing the spotlight when other nation, with their own distinct flavour, can definately shine when my nation's actions and radical decisions isn't always the center of the game.

I took the chance to basically 'surrender' to United Internet when the opportunity arises :) May United Internet continue to prosper and bring peace on 'Create Your Own Nation" :)

Ultimately, I wanted to bring some humor flavour to Create your own Nation when I posted my Joke nation, and I hope everyone's was entertained :)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

We were. You always need an insane nation for these. Or else diplomacy gets boring.

Why do you think we still have North Korea?

bouer

Postby bouer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

Now that NO has left I don't have any justification for war :cry:

If UI frees Ireland (it can join later by referendum or similar) Antarctica will move all forces away from the isles.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

Huh. So The People's Republic of North Oceania surrenders to the United Internet, without any warning or prior indication that such a thing might happen. Surely this can't lead to a disaster.

The citizens of the United Internet are quite suspicious of this new development. They strongly suspect that this is a clever and nefarious plot by The People's Republic of North Oceania, designed to weaken or take over the United Internet.

Meanwhile, the former citizens of The People's Republic of North Oceania are quite suspicious of this new development. They strongly suspect that this is a clever and nefarious plot by the United Internet, designed to weaken or take over the United Internet.

Meanwhile, several conspiracy theorists on the internet had predicted that something like this might happen. They now claim that this is proof that all their prophecies will come true, and that everybody should prepare for the incoming cheesepocalyse.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

map
Attachments
blankearth4 %282%292.PNG
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:23 am UTC

Fudge will go around UI territory in expansion.
Also, in a fist of rage, Fudge will rain nuclear bombs on the neutral ground in the middle of the Tibetan Plateau. Argh.

Cousj001

Postby Cousj001 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

Madura is now mostly recovered from the quake.

Madura's colony of Anyar Timor expands to cover some more of the surrounding area. As part of that, Madura claims Anyar Timor Island ((Vancouver Island)). Baja California is having a problem with drugs, which are moving across the Bay of California. This is becoming a serious problem, and crime rates are soaring.

Madura is shocked at Fudge's unprovoked attack on Tibet. Madura condemns the actions, and will cease all trade with Fudge. Madura is wary of North Oceania’s surrender, and will keep the squadron there until matters become clearer.

Madura starts expanding its navy and air force with the construction of another aircraft carrier. Madura starts a space program, as international efforts appear to failing. An area of land in Borneo is set aside for this purpose.

((While Madura claims all of Australia, that does not include Tasmania))
Map:
Spoiler:
nationsgame 2013 08 01.png
Map of world at end of turn
Magic is real, unless declared integer.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 am UTC

Fudge has no nuclear bombs.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 am UTC

Then Fudge will develop some with its vast nuclear research (ehem Japan-like knowledge is the initial state of Fudge)
Oh, and Fudge will keep expanding northward.

That is an outdated map, Cousj001. Fudge has more territory than that pathetic attempt.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:25 am UTC

map
Attachments
m.png
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 pm UTC

Madura is hereby formally warned of its violation of the Nordic Doctrine by their claiming of Vancouver Island, which is regarded as a Canadian Territory.

By the right of protecting Nordic peoples from Tropical Invaders, Nordlandia has begun mobilizing special troops to train Canadian counterparts. Together, they will begin a de facto occupation of the remainder of unclaimed Canada and Alaska (liken this to Bouer's South America claim).

Nordlandia is also sending scouting expeditions south to find unclaimed land in warmer climates to acquire for several reasons.

Transitional Government has set in.

Nordlandia has begun to colonize Newfoundland, as our viking ancestors originally did so long ago. It has been incorporated officially into the nation.

In response to the Fudge threat of nuclear arms, Nordlandic military presence will also increase on the Kamchatka Peninsula.

Classified Intelligence Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Transitional Government has authorized the mining of uranium and the beginning of Nuclear researches in Canada to offset the Fudge threat.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

map
Attachments
m.png

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

The United Internet accepts Antarcticas proposal, and buys 250 000 square kilometers of land in South America in exchange for [the equivalent of 49 US dollar per km^3] and internet access in South America.

The United Internet also buys some land in central Asia, and parts of France.

Badion

Postby Badion » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

Players will dictate the following
Country Name: Gilhammond
Government : Terrorist organization. Major cells have leaders that vote but there is a figure head.
Ruler: Obfuscated. he exists, but his name, location, ethinicity is unknown
Location: The world over. Small cells crop up from time to time. No nation claims their headquarters but recent activity in New Zealand suggests they have the largest presence there
Capital City: None
Population: Intelligence reports vary, but somewhere between 500,000 to a million strong
Religion : No religious affiliation
Language : Combatants have been heard speaking english, french, greek, russian, hindi, japanese, korean, and spanish.
Race : Unknown
Army: Everyone in the Gilhammond nation is in the army.
Anything More: Death comes for us all. Death comes for the mighty. Death comes for the poor. Those who have forgotten the backs that bore them to their high seats and those who succumbed to the pressure of those they bore. All are guilty.

Please make a small spot in new zealnd red.
One of these things is not like the others.
Every penny saved costs the government 2.1cents.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:45 pm UTC

Intelligence Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Njosna Stofnun agents as well as members of the Vikingsquad have begun investigations and intelligence research into this self-proclaimed terrorist group.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

map
Attachments
m.png

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

Former North Oceania members have started active and aggressive campaigns aiming to take control over UI voting, legislation and other administration. In response, other groups have started forming. It looks like the United internet is going to get some sort of political party system.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 am UTC

Fudge will continue expanding northward in a perfectly straight line.

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am UTC

cjquines wrote:Fudge will continue expanding northward in a perfectly straight line.

map
Attachments
m.png

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 am UTC

Nordlandia has sent scouting expeditions to the Gambia, Western Sahara/Morocco Egypt and Tunisia. We're looking to find appropriate non-Nordic bases for future security. We assure others that our base claims, be they in Africa, Europe, America or Asia, will be reasonable and small.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 am UTC

What happened to Constante? I might want to start a war with it in the future.

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

bouer wrote:What happened to Constante? I might want to start a war with it in the future.

Its creator (phillip1882) only posted once, two months ago. I'd say it still exists, but as a non-player country. (like several non-player countries that Cousj001 invented in the Pacific)

by the way, how much of South America does Antarctica now control? I'll add it to the map.

Cousj001

Postby Cousj001 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

Madura is wary of the aggressive moves by Nordlandia. To counter it Madura sets up a naval base on Near Island (southern edge of the Bering Sea). To keep an eye on Antarctica Madura also sets up a naval base on the Galapagos Islands. Madura also proposes a full alliance with the Jolly Roger Federation. Madura also officially founds a colony at Singapore. There are already Madurans living in the region, but this will now provide them with all amenities, and involves the construction of new hospitals and schools. Over the next 20 years this will be extended to cover all of South-east Asia. ((The area represented by the modern-day countries Malaysia, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.))

Also, I never had an answer to my question on whether the Suez Canal and Panama Canals exist, and what the statuses of the North-East Passage and the North-West Passage are. The actions that Madura takes next heavily depend on how they are.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:00 am UTC

Nordlandia balks at the ancient and untrue stereotype of our people as aggressive conquerors. Simply being the descendants of proud Inuit and Norsemen Vikings does not make us an aggressive people and we rebuke any claims of such.

It is our duty to stand with our fellow Northerners to resist the historic intrusion and occupation by those of the lower latitudes. A nation whose population is comprised mostly of Australian and SE Asian peoples has no business colonizing the Canadian coast. We will stand strong with our Nordic brethren, be they Europeans, Asians or Native Americans.

EDIT: All passage through waters in the Arctic Circle as well as in the waters of Nordlandic Territories is under the control of the Nordlandic Republic. We have regular oceanic patrols which monitor traditional shipping routes as well as important areas such as the Bering Strait.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:51 am UTC

Fudge is an orderly country, and unlike other pathetic attempts, it absolutely adores straight lines.
Continue expanding north.

Fudge welcomes Gilhammond into the game, warning that Madura will possibly be interested in war with it in its expansion.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:51 am UTC

In Fudge's expansion North, Patzer, please remember Nordlandic presence in the Gambia. I don't think I have to worry about the Maghreb yet.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:55 am UTC

Fudge will go around any foreign territories that belongs to a player country, in its north expansion. (sans those owned by Gilhammond, which will be exterminated quickly and disposed of efficiently and effectively)

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 am UTC

map
Attachments
map5.png

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

I'm going to start seeping into Siberia now...

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 am UTC

Fudge is only interested in Africa, it will not meddle with anything called the Middle East.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

Egypt is occasionally called the Middle East. The whole Maghreb actually.

Cousj001

Postby Cousj001 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:57 pm UTC

Madura purely has interests in the peoples of the Pacific. Madura refuses to recognise the Nordlandia's claims of such a vast area, and questions whether this is in the best interests of the Tlingit People and the Coast Salish. Madura undertakes a trade treaty with the Oowekeeno. Madura will protect the rights of any First Nations that wish to have Madura's aid.

Madura also founds a colony on the Kamchatka Peninsula.

Spoiler:
Maduran scientists have come up with a long-range missile system, although currently the payload is very small.

Madura is experimenting with nuclear fusion, however the energy requirements for starting a fusion reaction are extremely high and it is therefore impractical as an energy source.

Anyar Timor is prospering, and there is much contact, including intermarriage with the neighbouring peoples.

((Note: I will be away for the next 10 days, so there will be nothing from me. By that time Madura will have extended to cover South-East Asia, as mentioned in my previous post. The colony in Kamchatka will grow slightly. Also mark the area surrounding Anyar Timor as being disputed. Madura does not claim it, although there are Madurans living there, but from Djehutynakht's previous posts I'm presuming there isn't much of a Nordlandic presence either.))

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

Nordlandia balks at the undiplomatic scorn of our legitimate protectorate claims. The borders around the Vancouver colony have been shut off, and they are being blockaded from the North American mainland by rights of legal sovereignty. We have called on our ally, Emperor Norton II of the United States (read: West Coast) to back us on this.

Nordlandic Military Presence in the Kamchatka Peninsula remains present and will not be ceded. The Nordlandic Armed Forces reserves the right to move about the peninsula as they wish.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

The United internet struggles. As political parties and other interest organisations begin to take form, they also start to fight each other. There are flame wars, hacking, cyber warfare, public defamations and other bad stuff.

Due to this, the United Internet has decided not to make any major external decisions until the internal turmoil has subsided.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 pm UTC

Nordlandia offers to assist the UI in their Canadian province if needed.

Cousj001

Postby Cousj001 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

Sorry, didn’t realise there was a Nordlandic presence in Kamchatka, In that case, there never was a colony there.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 pm UTC

There is a military presence. Not a formal colonial presence. Hypothetically we don't cover the Peninsula, but, yeah...

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Then Fudge will not meddle with West Asia, but seeks to colonize the African portion of the Middle East.

Fudge also asks the aid of UI in providing internet to all of Africa.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:33 am UTC

map

add Fudge expansion; disputed area near Vancouver; Nordlandic military presence in Kamkatcha
Attachments
map5.png

Return to “Forum Games”