Create Your Own Nation

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

themperor17

Create Your Own Nation

Postby themperor17 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

Well this is the continue of the Creating Your Own Country series etc. I have realized that all of the creating of your own country games are dead so I have decided to create this one and hope it will last. The game is simple like old games and same, be fair don't be a bully etc.

Rules: Rules are simply play fair don't be overpowered, and be online as many as you can.
Every day is a turn and a turn is a year in the game.
Militia army.
2010 technology.
No person in moon or space yet.
No nuclear bombs or nuclear defenses you must research it and produce it.

Players will dictate the following
Country Name:
Government : ( Explain)
Ruler:
Capital City: (Name and where it is located in?)
Population: (No more than 1 million)
Religion : ( Christian? Muslim? Jew? Atheist? use percentage)
Language : ( Italian? Use percentages)
Race : (French? Spanish? and use percentages)
Army: (Percentages to population like 30% of population etc. and don't make the army powerful make navy weak and army strong etc.)
Anything More: (Add anything is important or goals about your country)

For Short
Country Name:
Government :
Ruler:
Population:
Religion :
Race :
Army:
Anything More:

sco

Re: Create Your Own Nation

Postby sco » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:14 am UTC

hey, I'm in but I just wanted to check, are we using a real world map or making one up or what? from the sounds of it we're using Earth as the starting point but if there's another way you wnated to take this then that's good too.

sco

Postby sco » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:03 pm UTC

also wanted to check about the history, are we going with an alternate Earth history or has some cataclysm wiped out all of the nations that currently exist? And either way are we going to use any of this history or just gloss over it and ignore it like we did in the original? Busy building my nation now and looking forward to seeing how this game goes.

phillip1882

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:43 am UTC

country name: Constante
government: many small local democracies, no major federal government
ruler: while don't actually have a single ruler, 5 of the largest democracies officials come together to discuss matters.
the strongest personality of those 5 belongs to Miguel Derfand.
population: 750,000
capital city: panama city
language: Portuguese
race: latino 75% other 25%
religion: christianity 65% athiest 25% unkown 10%
army: 10% military, 3% navy.
anything more: primary goal is economic prosperity through minimalist rules. any changes to the rules must be discussed by the local community.
good luck have fun

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 am UTC

if this is being played in a similar way to the last Create your own Country ( with more of a focus on expansion),
I think there should be a neutral non-player to create the maps and resolve disputes between nations after a war. last time, I remember there were several disputes and the map-maker, who was playing too, expanded his country more than everyone else's.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 pm UTC

Country Name: United Internet
Government: Publicly accessible voting through the internet. People may suggest themselves or others as representatives of the internet for certain areas, such as trade, laws, software, hardware, language, games etc. These representatives discuss issues when there has to be a face-to-face discussion with other nations or entities. However, most issues are decided by direct voting. There is also one overall representative, representing the entire internet (see next point)
Ruler: Sam Morlis
Location: The United Internet owns land in a lot of places all over the world, though most of these are just tiny places to have server farms. The main area is in Canada, about the size of denmark.
Capital City: Intercity01, located in the middle of the UI main property
Population: 20.000 legal citizens that live in UI areas, though a lot of citizens of other countries also use the internet and its services; vote in its government and consider themselves part of the internet.
Religion: Atheist 30%, Christian 20%, Muslim 20%, Hinuist 10%, Buddhist 10%, Others 10%
Language: Mostly english, though all languages can be found. The official language is english.
Race: Again, pretty much all races are present.
Army: No physical army yet (though people are working on that), but UI has access to the brightest and best hackers and programmers, so in cyberspace they reign supreme.
Anything More: Well, it's the internet. Some people decided that the current countries were bad, and that things were much better on the internet. So they declared the internet a sovereign country, and bought some land to prove it. Over time, more land was bought, and the internet gained a lot more people. Still, it's far from a country in the traditional sense. It's focus is not on the physical world, but on the internet (obviously). They mostly work to give groups and people on the internet better legal options, and to improve their rights. The United Internet also owns most of the hardware that the internet is based on (servers, cables, satellites etc.); the most commonly used software and have most of the competent people doing internet-related research and innovation.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 pm UTC

Disclaimer: This was all written in Sarcasm.

Country Name:

The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania

Government :

Dystrophic Dictatorship Democratic Republic, with benevolent lifelong leadership elected by the people through hereditary.

Ruler:

Currently Simon Cowell, first amongst its people, inherited the Big Red Button, the official seal of rulership for The Great North Oceania , recently succeeded by the death of his father Big Bruther Cowell.
(He’s also voted as one of the top 10 most handsome male in this world according to 'The Onion')

Great Britain, although it claims all it’s previous colonies as part of its great empire.

Capital City:

Airstrip One (formerly known as London)

Population:

We will not take kindly on any information that compromise the security of our great nation!

Religion :

North Oceania do not permit the worship of false idolatry. All knows our great leader Simon Cowell is the true saviour of mankind and his ways is the true way. Who else can promise the future prosperity of mankind except for the Grandson of the one who invented electricity, airplanes, and Crispy Delicious Twinkies?

Race :

100% ethnic Koreans, the true master race of humanity. We have conducted archaeological excavations and proves that the great people of North Oceania first appeared in this world around 7000 B.C. That’s 500 years before the bible claim the first human even existed!

Army:

100% military. The brave people of North Oceania will gladly lay their lives for their prosperous land and their beloved leader. (see below)

Anything More:

The Great Empire of North Oceania have worked for decades to ‘invent’ the ultimate weapon of mass destruction and seek to usher the great age of peace that Brother Cowell has once promised. The Atomic bomb & LCBM is the results the country’s labour, and its citizens reaps its rewards by threatening to unleash reckoning upon the rest of the world unless it complies with North Oceania’s demands: to ensure that no citizen of Oceania starve and all its people reach the standard of living that it humanly deserves.

North Oceania wields great power amongst other nations. It’s only ally, The People's Republic of Porcelain, stand strongly with the North Oceania Republic by continually supply them with military hardware and technologies. North Oceania exercises its rights to liberate other nations to enlighten them of our superior ways. In turn, the Nation of Porcelain will serve as a moderate diplomatic channel to other nations, allowing the chance of other inferior nations to yield and exchange precious supplies and consensual diplomatic arrangements to appease the Might of the Great North Oceania.

bouer

Postby bouer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:48 am UTC

Country Name:
Antarctica (The Peoples Republic of)
Government : ( Explain)
Democracy
All voting is done online. Every citizen must vote on every bill. As this would be inconvenient, people are allowed to choose representatives, their vote automatically matches with whatever their representative voted, votes on individual bills can be changed at any time. In order to be eligible as a representative a person must get a degree and be certified as a politician. Politicians are allowed to create bills, represent other people, and have a few other rights and reponsabilities.
Ruler: No real ruler, the politician who represents the most people, directly or indirectly by being representative of other politicians is Citizen 53242* (nicknamed Seth). Ze (Seth has chosen not to reveal zis gender so as to represent more people) represents around 23% of all citizens of Antarctica, and is in a loose coalition with other politicians such that ze usually votes in accordance with around 60% of Antarcticans.
The antarctic continent and a few close islands. Nothing beyond the seasonal ice sheet.
Capital City: (Name and where it is located in?)
Officially City 0 (nicknamed Citcra)
Mostly symbolic city located at the south pole (approximately, it is constantly moving with the ice sheet)
De Facto City 1 (nicknamed Ice)
The largest city with nearly 100 000 residents is located underground near the base of the Antarctic peninsula.
Population: (No more than 1 million)
110 374
Religion : ( Christian? Muslim? Jew? Atheist? use percentage)
87% irreligious
9% it's complicated
4% mainstream religions (includes Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc).
Language : ( Italian? Use percentages)
Modified Lojban is official for all government activities, everyone is fluent, strictly fixed so it does not change over time.
Everyone must also be fluent in at least one other language, about 90% are fluent in English, most people are at least tri-lingual.
Race : (French? Spanish? and use percentages)
82% mixed (state organizes all breeding)**
18% other (mostly immigrants, about half asian, quarter white, rest other)
Army: (Percentages to population like 30% of population etc. and don't make the army powerful make navy weak and army strong etc.)
<1% of population in army
Weak robotic army, mostly drones with sniper rifles and autonomous blimps.
Would be totally unable to invade another country as is but should be able to do a decent job defending itself. Helps that the main city is buried under rock that is buried under ice and the rest of the country is a vast, barren wasteland.
Anything More: (Add anything is important or goals about your country)
Very interested in space, is building a telescope 1000 km across centered on the south pole. Has made no manned (personed?) missions to space yet, however.
Ice (the city) gets most of it's energy from geothermal.
Antarctica is actively pursuing nuclear technology, warheads as deterrence against invasion, power plants as a clean and abundant source of energy,
*Every Citizen is given a number at birth, they can choose their own nickname.
**Sex and breeding are totally divorced in Antarctica. Everyone has DNA and sperm or egg samples taken at birth (or upon entry) and then is sterilized. The government hires women to carry fetuses for 8.6 months and then they are removed via C-section and raised by the the government.

Edit: Motto: Scientia, Prudentia, Sapientia
Last edited by bouer on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 am UTC

Country Name: The Republic of Nordlandia

Government : Representative Democracy, culminating nationally in the Landsvisu Nordthingi (the Northern Thing; the national assembly)

Each town and region elects its own government, generally headed by a chief. Regions are administered by a Jarl. Each settlement or region selects representatives to send to local and the national Thing (assemblies). Many decisions are made in the form of town-hall meetings (often in person, sometimes virtual), especially local ones. Often times representatives will hold such a meeting with their people before reporting for the capital in the case of an important issue to be voted on.

Ruler: Johann Grimsson, Forseti-Jarl of Nordlandia (addressed as Chief)
He is the general and ecumenical leader of Iceland. Election system is somewhat complicated. Representatives meet with their constituencies (a neutral replacement is appointed in the place of the normal Rep. if they are a candidate) and they decide for whom those Representatives will cast their votes. Because opposition can be large, a second for-election assembly, the Andstöðu Thingi, is set up with representatives representing those who support other candidates. Long story short, the Reps decide proportional to populations.

Location: Currently inhabiting Iceland, Greenland, the Faroe Islands (possibly disputed with Oceania) and other nearby Nordic islands

Capital City: Reykjavik, Iceland

Population: 310,000

Religion : There is a traditional reverence for the Nordic Pantheon (some take it serious religiously, some just as tradition), as well as large proportions of Christians and Non-Religious. Small other minorities.

Language : Norse (officially titled Revived Norse--derived from Icelandic and other Norse roots) and English

Race : Largely Icelanders, some native American populations (Greenland) as well as migrant minorities

Army: A force of generally 30,000 prepared to fight. (10,000 active). Not incredibly technologically advanced but use knowledge to a great advantage.

Anything More: The Internet and Computer are important in this cold nation, but also being outside too. The inhospitable environment has created a traditionally strong sense of community.

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 am UTC

patzer wrote:if this is being played in a similar way to the last Create your own Country ( with more of a focus on expansion),
I think there should be a neutral non-player to create the maps and resolve disputes between nations after a war. last time, I remember there were several disputes and the map-maker, who was playing too, expanded his country more than everyone else's.

I'd be willing to act as a sort of mod for this game (or like the UN or something), although I may not be the best choice as I've never even played one of these before. However, seeing as the OP hasn't posted in about a month, it looks like you'll need someone to step in to fill a modly position regardless of whether or not they're playing as well. For instance, you need someone to provide a map (or decide to just use a map of Earth). Anyone have thoughts on the matter?
Formerly known as Camoninja
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
Hardcore will never die, but you will.
- - -
Subsequently known as Lavender Manna

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 am UTC

thecamoninja wrote:
patzer wrote:if this is being played in a similar way to the last Create your own Country ( with more of a focus on expansion),

I'd be willing to act as a sort of mod for this game (or like the UN or something), although I may not be the best choice as I've never even played one of these before. However, seeing as the OP hasn't posted in about a month, it looks like you'll need someone to step in to fill a modly position regardless of whether or not they're playing as well. For instance, you need someone to provide a map (or decide to just use a map of Earth). Anyone have thoughts on the matter?

I would be willing to fill the mod position, though here is what I was just about to post:
Spoiler:
I'll try playing. my country is borderline on whether it is allowed or not as it's not on earth. if others feel this country shouldn't be allowed that's okay. I made the map assuming it is allowed.

Country Name: Hellenic Republic
Government : democracy. Every citizen can run to become President. elections are every 2 (martian) years.
Current Ruler: JQFUIY (citizens are named with a random string of letters so that everyone has a unique name)
Capital City: Hellas City, on the shore of Hellas Sea, contains about half of the population
Population: 980,000
Religion : None. Religion is non-existent on Mars.
Language: Martian language. is a Germanic Language.
Race : White (European)
Army: 15% of the population.
Anything More:
History- Mars has always had an earth-like atmosphere (but with mainly carbon dioxide as it had no life); a highly advanced race of aliens had noticed that humanity was approaching having great intelligence, so they arrived in the Solar System in around 500 AD to start a biological experiment. They made Mars's atmosphere breathable for animals and transported many species of animal, plant and bacterium to Mars, including European humans. The aliens then left again. The humans who lived on Mars forgot about where they came from after a few centuries. In the present day, astronomers on both Mars know that Earth has similar conditions to Mars but not that it has any life; the situation is similar for astronomers on Earth. This will, of course change if technology is developed to send humans from Earth to Mars, or vice versa. All other conditions of Mars (apart from the different atmosphere and presence of life) are the same as in our universe.
Map: http://i.imgur.com/JRuxi5t.jpg
(warning: very large)

Although I'd actually prefer to mod, I just wrote that because I assumed the players had thought we didn't need a mod.
(btw I would be willing to play and also create maps, though we should have a system where all expansions of any country's territory are written in green so the map-maker will add those and only those updates)
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 am UTC

If you're willing to be official cartographer, I could fill a sort of dispute-settler, keep everyone in line, approve territorial growth, etc. position. Honestly, I'm not too keen on playing myself because I don't really know what gameplay is like, but just moderating shouldn't be too difficult (right?). Perhaps as a mod one could even be in control of various lesser "npc countries", so to speak.

As far as maps go, I think just using an earth map is a bit boring. An idea I had was to, after all players have posted their countries, to divvy up enough land between them on some sort of non-earth map to make for an adequate balance of powers and not leave too much land unclaimed.

As to your mars idea, the OP does state that no one has reached the moon or even gone into space yet, so if we're sticking by that, either Mars doesn't work at all, or there is little to no communication/interaction between Mars and earth, which would make for a lonely/boring experience for the Martian player.
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 am UTC

thecamoninja wrote:Honestly, I'm not too keen on playing myself because I don't really know what gameplay is like

Try it! here's the last game.

thecamoninja wrote:As far as maps go, I think just using an earth map is a bit boring. An idea I had was to, after all players have posted their countries, to divvy up enough land between them on some sort of non-earth map to make for an adequate balance of powers and not leave too much land unclaimed.
I find real-world maps more interesting.

thecamoninja wrote:As to your mars idea, the OP does state that no one has reached the moon or even gone into space yet, so if we're sticking by that, either Mars doesn't work at all, or there is little to no communication/interaction between Mars and earth, which would make for a lonely/boring experience for the Martian player.

That was the idea, I don't really know what gameplay is like either so I'd just wait for someone to come and invade Mars before responding... makes colonizing planets a little more interesting.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

First action for North Oceania is to send diplomatic envoy to all known nations in "Create Your Own Nations" to foster friendship, peace, and cooperation amongst the nations of this earth.

The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania greatly welcomes the formation of "The League of Nations" proposed by Thecamoninja. As such, the first actions taken for North Oceania is to nominate Thecamoninja as the speaker for the League of Nations, whose role is to serves as a forum within a forum for Nations to peacefully resolve their dispute.

The People's Republic of North Oceania will gratefully contribute their great momumental building in our capital, Air Strip One, to serve as Headquarters for the League of Nations.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As speaker for the League of Nations, Thecamoninja would be required to be permanent residences in the League's HQ. The Republic of North Oceania will honoured to serve as host to this useful diplomatic puppet and political prisoner our honorary and important guest.

Membership for the League of Nations is mandatory. The People's Republic of North Oceania requires nations to fund the maintenance and upkeep for The League of Nations, as well as to propose a slash fund for humanitarian aid in times of crisis. The People's Republic of North Oceania nominate itself as treasurer of the League of Nations and the Nation of Porcelain as trustee to the emergency fund.

The annual fee for membership for the League of Nations is 15 million dollars per year, or its equivalent in its country currency.

The diplomatic envoy would also spread false rumours regarding the Quebecois, an ethnic group of people that have lost their homeland centuries ago. These people are a plague to humanity who does nothing except to steal away the wealth of your people, pollute the minds of your people with their strange French tongues, and spread the ways of tuques and unhealthy poutine!!! North Oceania have recently placed many of these people in concentration camps where hopefully they may reform, and actively encourage members of other nations to do the same, or at least discourage these Quebecois from taking root in your lands.

The People's Republic of North Oceania suspects The People's Republic of Antarctica as a bunch of Cthullu Worshipers and secretly sent spies to monitor the situation/ gather evidence of Elder God Worshipping.

The People's Republic of North Oceania will sent agents to United Internet to start a religion where people believe they are actually living in the Matrix.

The People's Republic of North Oceania will sent spies to stir up trouble in the Constante region, in hopes that the many small local democracies will go to war against each other. The People's Republic of Oceania will try to sell weapons contributed by The Porcelain Nation to all sides of the conflict and reap in profit.

The People's Republic of North Oceania will try to secretly negoitate a deal with Hellenic Republic to ruin Thecamoninja's bid to be the speaker of the League of Nations. People's Republic of Oceania demands payment for its efforts as well as support for any motion put forth by People's Republic of North Oceania in the League of Nations.

The People's Republic of Oceania has no territorial dispute with The Republic of Nordlandia, but will (either via privite diplomatic channel, or through The to be formed League of Nations) demand Reparation for the non-territoral dispute with The Republic of Nordlandia. The People's Republic of Oceania will also reserve the right to have future territoral dispute with Nordlandia as well as demanding and increase further Reparation for the non-territorial dispuite with the Republic of Nordlandia.

Our words are backed by Nuclear Power.
Last edited by Nylonathatep on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

bouer

Postby bouer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Antarctica's actions for this year.

Increase mining, small settlements of people on all the areas with little ice.

Work on better geothermal power.

Introduced
National Colours: Black and White
Flag:
FlagAvatar.jpg
FlagAvatar.jpg (4.65 KiB) Viewed 17674 times

National Animal: Homo sapiens sapiens

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

thecamoninja wrote:As to your mars idea, the OP does state that no one has reached the moon or even gone into space yet

I assumed that "humans have not yet got into space" does not necessarily preclude an alien race having transported humans into space in the past.
anyway, nobody has objected to my nation so far, so I'll add a few more details.

-The Hellenic people (or any martians, for that matter) have not discovered radio yet (if they had, people from Earth would have discovered them by now).
-The Hellenic people have not discovered electricity either.
-The Hellenic people have much more intelligence and cunning than Earth people, and are stronger than Earth people. However, if a Martian happens to land on Earth, he would be weak due to the increased gravity.
-The Hellenic people have discovered fossil fuels, concrete etc.
-The Hellenic people have roads and basic cars.
-The Hellenic people have a strong army.
-Martians have not launched anything into space; the Earth people haven't launched anything into space yet that has detected life on Mars (although they may do so in the near future)

By the way I think The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania has broken at least one of the rules stated at the start of the game:
The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania cannot possibly know that the Hellenic Republic exists, since I have already said the Earth people do not yet know there is life on mars.
The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania does not have nuclear power, as stated by the rules. However, they may use propaganda to fool the people into thinking they do have nuclear power.

Better Quality Map:
http://d1lalstwiwz2br.cloudfront.net/im ... MY0RYV.png

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

patzer wrote:The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania does not have nuclear power, as stated by the rules. However, they may use propaganda to fool the people into thinking they do have nuclear power.

Better Quality Map:
http://d1lalstwiwz2br.cloudfront.net/im ... MY0RYV.png

Shhh.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nice map! but you'll be awful lonely on Mars :)

Additional Info on North Oceania:

Only certain individual and government officials speaks the Old tongue. The general mass are taught in Ingsoc, an advance natural language developed by the Ministry of Truth after the Glorious Revolution three Generations ago. Recent breakthrough by Mini-truth for the development of Ingsoc has exploited the use of social media by limited each sentence to 140 characters. This greatly reduce the use of pronouns, punctuations, and grammar. The develope of #hashtag is also promising and soon Ingsoc will completely degenerate itself without the provocation of Mini-Truth, instead its devolution can simply be push foward by further reducing the number of characters allowed in a sentence.

North Oceania has always been at War/Allied with Eurasia/Eastasia. (Disclaimer: Neither country actually exist.) The War/Peace situation between Eurasia/Eastasia is used as a social tool to raise moral by reporting false victory, sabotage as cover up for infraustructure failures, stir xenophobia amongst North Oceania's populance, and just cause for North Oceania's strict social policies and poverty status. Most important of all, the War place the population on high alert and unite them against a common cause. Random bombing runs by unknown enemies further puts fear in North Oceania's population and in turn the population turns toward its Leader, the Great Simon Cowell, for protection and support.
Last edited by Nylonathatep on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:Nice map! but you'll be awful lonely on Mars :)

somebody will try to colonize Mars sooner or later :)

bouer

Postby bouer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

I think I would prefer if everybody started on Earth. Terraforming mars could be an epic, multi month, collaborative venture. I would also prefer for aliens to not exist (at least in our solar system). Does thecamoninja want to resolve this or should we put it to a vote?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

The Great and Glorious Republic of Nordlandia offers up no reparations to the people of Oceania besides the offer of 15 sheep and three barrels of North Atlantic Eel.

Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik (of Greenlandic Descent) would like to remind everyone that we are not only descended from the brave Inuit... but from Vikings, too.

The Nordlandic Thing will be meeting for the beginning of its new session in Reykjavik to discuss, predominantly, international and cyber affairs, fishing rights and protections and economic opportunities.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

bouer wrote:I think I would prefer if everybody started on Earth. Terraforming mars could be an epic, multi month, collaborative venture. I would also prefer for aliens to not exist (at least in our solar system). Does thecamoninja want to resolve this or should we put it to a vote?

the aliens only existed as a historical explanation for the presence of earthlike life on mars, not intended to be a current part of the game. The idea was that this took place in an alternate universe where Mars didn't lose its magnetosphere.
An alternative explanation for the presence of humans on Mars, without resorting to aliens, would be to assume creationism, and say that God created 2 habitable planets. I didn't want to resort to making religion an integral part of the history, however.

I thought having 2 earthlike planets would make the game more interesting later on.

If other people don't want me to have a nation on Mars, however, that's fine. I'd just create one on Earth instead.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:The Great and Glorious Republic of Nordlandia offers up no reparations to the people of Oceania besides the offer of 15 sheep and three barrels of North Atlantic Eel.

Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik (of Greenlandic Descent) would like to remind everyone that we are not only descended from the brave Inuit... but from Vikings, too.

The Nordlandic Thing will be meeting for the beginning of its new session in Reykjavik to discuss, predominantly, international and cyber affairs, fishing rights and protections and economic opportunities.

The People's Republic of North Oceania gratefully accept these reparations as Nordlandia's apologies to the non-territorial dispute. North Oceania will demand that these payments will be doubled every next week and so forth as per the soon to be drafted agreement.

The People's Republic of North Oceania wishes to sent representatives to the Reykjavik summit, in hopes to collaborate with Nordlandia especially in regards to their national security as well as economic opportunities. Representatives from The People's Republic of North Oceania seek to secure a deal in which they can sell blood and organs harvested by the vile Quebecois to the people of Nordlandia, or even whole Quebecois for Nordlandia's scientific research.

patzer wrote:If other people don't want me to have a nation on Mars, however, that's fine. I'd just create one on Earth instead.

The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania is willing to forgive patzer's transgrassion of pointing out North Oceania's slight irregularities in the rules of this thread. In turn, it promise to support the plight of Hellenic people by voting in their favour in regards to their location and origins. The Hellenic people will, in exchange, either offer monetary payments under the table, or a vote in favour in issues regarding North Oceania in the future.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:35 am UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:The People's Republic of North Oceania gratefully accept these reparations as Nordlandia's apologies to the non-territorial dispute. North Oceania will demand that these payments will be doubled every next week and so forth as per the soon to be drafted agreement.

Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik has personally mailed his North Oceanic counterpart a piece of paper on which are drawn 30 crates. Included is a message. Here is your sheep per the recently drafted agreement. In order to avoid cramping of my writing hand please photocopy this sheet in order to satisfy all further needs.

Minister Qappik would also like to point out that there is no currently planned Reykjavik Summit. The Nordic Thing is our national legislative body, and thus is not open to attendance by foreign bodies. North Oceania is, however, free to submit an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Nordlandic people. This Ambassador would be able to more formally interact with our government and would be able to observe select Thing sessions.

In addition, it should be pointed that hostility towards Quebec, seen as a possible opportunity for incorporation into the Nordlandic Federation, is frowned upon.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:
Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik has personally mailed his North Oceanic counterpart a piece of paper on which are drawn 30 crates. Included is a message. Here is your sheep per the recently drafted agreement. In order to avoid cramping of my writing hand please photocopy this sheet in order to satisfy all further needs.

The People of North Oceania regrettably inform the Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik that we do not have paper to reproduce these sheeps. As per the recently draft agreement, it is the contractual duty of Republic of Nordlandia to at least provide paper to satisfy their end of the agreement, now legally binding by international law.

Djehutynakht wrote:Minister Qappik would also like to point out that there is no currently planned Reykjavik Summit. The Nordic Thing is our national legislative body, and thus is not open to attendance by foreign bodies. North Oceania is, however, free to submit an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Nordlandic people. This Ambassador would be able to more formally interact with our government and would be able to observe select Thing sessions.

Our great leader, Simon Cowell, has personally picked Foreign Minister Peter North as the Ambassador of North Oceania to the Nordlandia people. El Presidente Cowell has also suggest that we establish embassies in each other's land to further enhance our diplomatic relations between the two nations.

Djehutynakht wrote:In addition, it should be pointed that hostility towards Quebec, seen as a possible opportunity for incorporation into the Nordlandic Federation, is frowned upon.

The People's Republic of North Oceania has always support the Native Huron's Claim to Quebec and oppose the Quebecois' Sovereignty anywhere on this earth. Archaeological as well as Historical proof suggest that Hurons are the original inhabitants of the land; Quebecois are the aggressor and illegally settle on the Lands of Quebec and stole the Native of their land by Unequal Treaties (especially signed by Huron Chiefs under the influence of alcohol.) Furthermore, The Nordlandic Federation's territorial ambition is dully noted and will both be communicated to The Hurons as well as the Quebecois as further sign of Quebecois oppression, which People's Republic of North Oceania fully supports.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 am UTC

Antarctica would like to establish embassies in every nation. Note: Antarctica does not recognize the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" as a nation.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 am UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:The People of North Oceania regrettably inform the Foreign Minister Inuk Qappik that we do not have paper to reproduce these sheeps. As per the recently draft agreement, it is the contractual duty of Republic of Nordlandia to at least provide paper to satisfy their end of the agreement, now legally binding by international law.

Fine... I suppose this classifies as foreign aid.

Please note duly though that this treaty in no way obligates us to provide photocopying mechanisms, electricity or ink. In the event of terminating this contract, we reserve the right to proffer the Treaty itself as the final shipment of paper.

Nylonathatep wrote:Our great leader, Simon Cowell, has personally picked Foreign Minister Peter North as the Ambassador of North Oceania to the Nordlandia people. El Presidente Cowell has also suggest that we establish embassies in each other's land to further enhance our diplomatic relations between the two nations.

Wouldn't Ambassador be a demotion from Foreign Minister? Well, considering they're being sent to our glorious nation, I suppose not.

We will accept the notion of embassy exchange (implied with Ambassadorial exchange). The Nordlandic Ambassador to Oceania will be appointed by Chief Johann and debated at the next Thing.

This also goes for the Antarcticans.

We will duly inform the Quebecois and the Huron also that, as Quebec is part of Canada, and North Oceania lays claim to all former British Colonies, that North Oceania hereby lays claim to Quebec. That is, if we must do so in retaliation.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:We will duly inform the Quebecois and the Huron also that, as Quebec is part of Canada, and North Oceania lays claim to all former British Colonies, that North Oceania hereby lays claim to Quebec. That is, if we must do so in retaliation.

The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania seeks only to protect the right of Indigenous people, such is The Hurons, from further oppression from the Quebecois and furthermore recognized the right for the people of Hurons to claim the land known as Quebec. Due to the complexity of the colonization period, The Republic of North Oceania only seeks to speak on behalf of the Hurons in the international assembly.

The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania propose a solution to their non-dispute by have 1)neither party claim the land of Quebec, 2)actively dissuade any other nations from claiming the land of Quebec, 3)support the Huron people that is proven to be the original inhabitants of the land, and 4)furthermore foster The Huron's eveuntual Sovereignty and Nationhood within the lands of Quebec.The People's Republic of North Oceania also ask Nordlandia in joining their attempt in denouncing the evils of the Quebecois.

For clarity's sake, the Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania recognizes right of nations to exist in their formor colonies such as 'United Internet" which is situated in Northern Ontario near James and Hudson's Bay as long as it supports the North Oceania's regime, especailly towards the oppression of the Quebecois the people's deomocratic will and its government acting in the best interest of its people. On that note, the Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania does not recognize Quebecois as seperate people since their origin is from France, their language and customs is no different then the French, as well as their unspeakable crime against humanity.

bouer wrote:Antarctica would like to establish embassies in every nation. Note: Antarctica does not recognize the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" as a nation.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania is confound by the recent proclaimation by Antarctica's leader Citizen 53242. El Presidente Cowell has double the effort for diplomancy in relations to Antarctica by appointing Diplomat Ron Jeremy to discussion the issue with Antarctica's leaders.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania would like to point out that it has already establish diplomatic relation with Republic of Nordlandia, as well as current discussion with the elusive Hellenic people (who we don't even know where they'll end up). Refusal to recognize North Oceania's Nationhood would place Antarctica' at odds with the rest of the international committee.

Furthermore one of the proposed location for the League of Nation's HQ would be in the capital of North Oceania itself! As a member of the to-be-established League of Nations, Antarctica should not undertake any action that'll isolate itself from the international community. Instead it would be in Antarctica's best interest to recognize People’s Republic of North Oceania, develope diplomatic relationship between the two nations, and work in the interest of people in both nations.

Djehutynakht wrote:
We will accept the notion of embassy exchange (implied with Ambassadorial exchange). The Nordlandic Ambassador to Oceania will be appointed by Chief Johann and debated at the next Thing.

Ambassador Peter North's manhood is especially well endorsed. Upon arrival of the Great Republic of Nordlandia, he assume his role in feverishly in getting to know the women of Nordlandia (and some men too, he's not picky) He also express his interest to attend 'the next Thing' as an observatory participants.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:
bouer wrote:Antarctica would like to establish embassies in every nation. Note: Antarctica does not recognize the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" as a nation.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania is confound by the recent proclaimation by Antarctica's leader Citizen 53242. El Presidente Cowell has double the effort for diplomancy in relations to Antarctica by appointing Diplomat Ron Jeremy to discussion the issue with Antarctica's leaders.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania would like to point out that it has already establish diplomatic relation with Republic of Nordlandia, as well as current discussion with the elusive Hellenic people (who we don't even know where they'll end up). Refusal to recognize North Oceania's Nationhood would place Antarctica' at odds with the rest of the international committee.

Furthermore one of the proposed location for the League of Nation's HQ would be in the capital of North Oceania itself! As a member of the to-be-established League of Nations, Antarctica should not undertake any action that'll isolate itself from the international community. Instead it would be in Antarctica's best interest to recognize People’s Republic of North Oceania, develope diplomatic relationship between the two nations, and work in the interest of people in both nations.

Antarctica considers nations not entities unto themselves but collections of people. As such, Antarctica does not recognize the legitimacy of any organization that claims nationhood but does not represent the will of its people through some form of democracy. Furthermore; Antarctica believes that the location of the headquarters of the league of nations should be in a neutral location, such as an island far from the borders of any nation. Hawaii seems fitting. (The choice of Hawaii is not in any way influenced by the representatives of Antarctica never having been both outside and comfortable at the same time.)

Antarctica is also finds fault with the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" for its claim over a large part of the Antarctic continent.

Actions
Increase research into robotics, with special interest in robotic warfare.
Increase mining and expansion of existing underground settlements.
Increase population growth.

Divert funds from space program.
Divert funds from above ice colonies.

Attempt to better diplomatic relations with all nations other than the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania."

Claim ownership of the Kerguelen Islands.

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

bouer wrote:Antarctica considers nations not entities unto themselves but collections of people. As such, Antarctica does not recognize the legitimacy of any organization that claims nationhood but does not represent the will of its people through some form of democracy. Furthermore; Antarctica believes that the location of the headquarters of the league of nations should be in a neutral location, such as an island far from the borders of any nation. Hawaii seems fitting. (The choice of Hawaii is not in any way influenced by the representatives of Antarctica never having been both outside and comfortable at the same time.)

Antarctica is also finds fault with the so called "Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" for its claim over a large part of the Antarctic continent.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania would like to inform the people of Antarctica that it's country does practice democracy. It proclaims itself as Democratic Republic and its leaders is indeed elected by the people (see country description) Seeing as such that Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania fulfil Antarctica's criteria of nationhood, it demands that Antarctica immediately recognizes "The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" as a sovereign nation.

Republic of North Oceania's diplomat to Antarctica, Ron Jeremy, will also like to point out that Hawaii is near an active volcano and is such, an undesirable place for the HQ for the League of Nations. Also currently Hawaii is current uninhabited and therefore does not have to infrastructure (nor the giant building) that Air-strip has one to support the daily activities associated with being the HQ of the League of Nations. Another point is made in reference to Air strip One being a superior location then Hawaii, due to its proximity to all other nations as compared to an Isolated Island in the Middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Republic of North Oceania had never infringe on the Land of Antarctica. To ensure that Republic of North Oceania will not lay claim claim over a large part of the Antarctic continent, Ambassador Ron Jeremy suggest that Antarctic should recognize North Oceania as a nation, open diplomatic channel, and offer payment in reparation to ensure that similar misunderstand will not occure in the future between the two nations.

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

Nylonathatep wrote:The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania

Dystrophic Dictatorship Democratic Republic, with benevolent lifelong leadership elected by the people through hereditary.

Ruler:

Currently Simon Cowell, first amongst its people, inherited the Big Red Button, the official seal of rulership for The Great North Oceania , recently succeeded by the death of his father Big Bruther Cowell.
(He’s also voted as one of the top 10 most handsome male in this world according to 'The Onion')

Antarctica does not consider "election by the people through heredity" to be legitimate democratic process.
Great Britain, although it claims all it’s previous colonies as part of its great empire.

Antarctica does not recognize any of these land claims, and specifically objects to the claims of the British Antarctic Territory.
Last edited by bouer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

[officialcartographer]
New Map
Changes: Antarctic control of the Kerguelen Islands.
Note: This map only shows each nation's actual area of control. It does not show areas that a nation claims to be part of their territory, but has no control over.
[/officialcartographer]

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm UTC

bouer wrote:Antarctica does not consider "election by the people through heredity" to be legitimate democratic process.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania again reminds Antarctica's own definition of Nationhood as "represent the will of its people through some form of democracy." Seeing that an election had actually taken place by the people of North Oceania, it demonstrates that it is in capacity "representing it's people's will by a form of democracy" a therefore fulfils the requirements set forth by Antarctica's definition of being a Nation.

On that note, further unwarranted critism of the democracy of People’s Republic of North Oceania will be viewed as political interference by Antarctica. Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania reserves to right to sue, based on unfound deflamation and interfering with the politics of a North Oceania, and will seek settlements in international court.

Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania restate its demand for Antarctica immediately recognizes "The Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania" as a sovereign nation, issue statement that It recognizes North Oceania as democractic, as well as a public apology in the form of monetary repariation.

bouer wrote:
Antarctica does not recognize any of these land claims, and specifically objects to the claims of the British Antarctic Territory.

Ambassador Ron Jeremy is willing to discuss the terms of Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania's rightful claim to an already established Antarctic Treaty. North Oceania is willing to relinguish its claim in the Antarctic region and return power to the people, just as it demonstrates before in other colonies of the once North Oceania Empire.

In Exchange, Antarctica should demonstates Goodwill to the Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania and cease its diplomatic hostilaity and self imposed isolation, recognize North Oceania as a nation just as other rational and reasonable Nations already have, support North Oceania's bid for the location of League of Nation's HQ in Air strip one, and finally offer monetary repariation in return for North Oceania abondoning its land claims in Antarctica.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

The United Internet is concerned by the North Oceania's treatment of Quebecois. Several rousing videos have been posted, inspiring blogs have been written and even some games have to made to illustrate their plight. They hold that even if all the horrible rumours currently circulating about them are true, they still deserve basic human rights, as they are still human. Currently, a large campaign called "Find the Quebecois a new home!" has been started, and is aimed to find some land where the Quebecois can live without interfering with any other nation or native group. Another large campaign is aimed at finding the cutest kitty picture.

A research team has decided to chart the internet usage in various countries, so that the United Internet can have some more insight into where its voters come from.

Cousj001

Postby Cousj001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

I'd like to join.

Country Name: Confederation of Madura
Government: Meritocracy/ federal republic. There is a strong feeling that everyone must do the best they possibly can. Each province has a democratically elected leader, who is responsible for local affairs. At national level there are two houses, equal in stature. One is for people elected where everyone had one vote - this is called the Kawula, in the other house the amount of votes people have is dependent on how well they do in an intelligence test, not IQ, that covers a wide variety of topic from science to critical thinking. This is the Gembong. Each house has a a chairman, who rotates through the house, each representative spending a month as chairman. The head of state has the title of Agamem. The Agamen chooses the cabinet from members of both houses. Anyone can stand as candidate. Election are held once every 5 years, unless they die or have a vote of no confidence in either house. If this event occurs, the Chaiman of the Gembong serves as head of government until elections occur. Two weeks are given for candidates to be nominated, 4 weeks of campaigning then election day. Elections cannot be postponed for any reason.
Ruler: Agamen Sulaw ak Buru (he's male)
Location: Indonesia, including Papua New Guinea and the whole of the island of Borneo
Capital City: Bangkalan
Population: 250000
Religion: 1/3 Christian, 1/3 Irreligious/Atheist/Agnostic, 1/3 Other
Race: 60% Javanese, 10% European, 5% Han, 25% Other
Language: 70% Javanese and 80% English are the official languages. Numerous other local languages exist.
Army: 2%, Navy 8%, Air Force 2%
Anything More: The Javanese spoken is slightly different to the one that currently exist (thus excusing any mistakes in it, as I don't speak the original Javanese.) Looking to expand across more of the Pacific islands. Is fairly green, due to an awareness of low-lying land. Does not want the ice caps to melt. Spends 5% of GDP on dealing with natural disasters. The area is highly volcanic, so eruption, tsunamis and earthquakes are a fact of life. Very focused on the sciences, especially physics and geography. Has large mineral wealth.
Magic is real, unless declared integer.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

[officialcartographer]
New Map
Changes: Confederation of Madura is added.
Note: This map only shows each nation's actual area of control. It does not show areas that a nation claims to be part of their territory, but has no control over.
[/officialcartographer]

bouer

Postby bouer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

Antarctica would like to be the first to extend diplomatic greetings and a offer of embassy exchange to the Confederation of Madura.

Antarctica is placing a permanent 60 person colony, research, and military base on the kerguelen islands.

Antarctica is also placing semi-permanent 40 person research bases on Cape Agulhas of Africa, South East Cape of Tasmania, Slope Point on New Zealand, and on Hornos Island in South America.
These bases are not land claims but are intended to increase understanding of the Southern Ocean, and to determine if any nation claims the area. No military activity will take place on these bases. If another nation shows evidence of a legitimate claim over these areas Antarctica will be pleased to work together in researching the area, or immediately leave if the nation sees fit.
These bases will be built over the next 5 years expanding eastward from Hornos Island.

Antarctica would also like to issue a formal invitation to the Republic of Nordlandia to join the International Polar Research Organization (IPRO). Antarctica is willing to share all ice cores they have drilled in the Antarctic ice sheet and would like to see if the Republic of Nordlandia is willing to share any samples they have, or if they have not taken samples, Antarctica will freely give the technology to complete such studies. Any other legitimate nation with land in a polar region is welcome to join IPRO with a majority vote of existing members. Any other legitimate nation is welcome to take observer status.

Edit: some changes as per camo's suggestions.
Last edited by bouer on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

thecamoninja

Postby thecamoninja » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:18 am UTC

[disputesettlement]
bouer wrote:Antarctica is also placing semi-permanent 40 person research bases on Cape Agulhas of Africa, South East Cape of Tasmania, Slope Point on New Zealand, and on Hornos Island in South America.
These bases are not land claims but are intended to increase understanding of the Southern Ocean, and to determine if any nation claims the area. Antarctica reserves the right to claim all land in a 100km radius from these bases. No military activity will take place on these bases. If another nation shows evidence of a legitimate claim over these areas Antarctica will be pleased to work together in researching the area, or immediately leave if the nation sees fit.

It seems to me that this is a bit much. Assuming that no nation challenges your claims, this has the potential to give you up to 125600 Km2 (48494.4 mi2) in territory. This seems to be to excessively expansive.

((Furthermore, on a gameplay note it seems unrealistic to me for you to open five new research bases in one year - perhaps you could begin preparation for a multi-year project that culminates in such a feat))
[/disputesettlement]
- - -
Join /FG/ on Discord
- - -

Nylonathatep
NOT Nyarlathotep

Postby Nylonathatep » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:45 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:The United Internet is concerned by the North Oceania's treatment of Quebecois. Several rousing videos have been posted, inspiring blogs have been written and even some games have to made to illustrate their plight. They hold that even if all the horrible rumours currently circulating about them are true, they still deserve basic human rights, as they are still human. Currently, a large campaign called "Find the Quebecois a new home!" has been started, and is aimed to find some land where the Quebecois can live without interfering with any other nation or native group. Another large campaign is aimed at finding the cutest kitty picture.

A research team has decided to chart the internet usage in various countries, so that the United Internet can have some more insight into where its voters come from.

The Great Simon Cowell, El Presidente of it's people of the Great Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania, assign its lovely and talent diplomat, Sora Aoi to represent its glorious nation. Her mission is to promote peace and prosperity to both nation, but especially the Republic of North Oceania.

Spoiler:

First thing of the agenda: Sora Aoi came to denounce the evils of the Quebec people. Amongst their crimes (besides those listed and bought forth to The Republic of Nordlandia), are the violation of the Geneva Convention by using biological weapons in the conquest of the Huron people in the form introducing disease: measles, scarlet fever, typhoid, typhus, influenza, pertussis (whooping cough), tuberculosis, cholera, diphtheria, chickenpox as well as other shameful sexual transmitted disease such as syphilis. to the Huron people. As such, the People of United Internet should cease their support these international criminals, their descendent, or at least to also presents their crimes and evilness as counterargument.

Sora Aoi, as to provide assistance to the research of United Internet, reveals that the most of the populace in the Republic of North Oceania lack access to internet. Since its population needs access to vote, it would be in United Internet's interest to provide free internet to the People's Republic of North Oceania, as well as to promote Unite Internet's own namesake.

The Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania would also extend its warmest welcome and congratulation on Confederation of Madura's nationhood. North Oceania contemplate whether they should send a diplomatic envoy to Madura. Meanwhile, it does issue a statement, with concerns that human activity in Antarctica would certain accelerate the melting of Polar Ice Caps. It also warns Madura of Antarctica Republic's territorial ambition and recent activities along its borders. North Oceania reminded that wise Agamen Sulaw ak Buru, that currently his country is closest to Antarctica. As such they will be first to suffer under the Antarctica Republic's territorial ambition. Furthermore, North Oceania shares with Madura its reconnaissance report regarding Antarctica's constantly digging deeper into the ground to awake a strange, sleeping entity that may wreck havoc upon mankind.

The Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania would like to suggest that, while his country suffers from a low standard of living, its labour cost is also extremely low. It would be extremely advantageous for corporations for any nation (even The Republic of Antarctica), to move their production facilities to North Oceania. North Oceania offers incentive for investment in the form of lower tax rate as well as a productive work force with lax labour and environmental laws. Just disregard the occasional plea for help written in French that got smuggled into its products.

the Republic of North Oceania would like to apply for observer status for Antarctica's International Polar Research Organization, and has announced to the rest of the nations on this earth its intent of doing so as an opportunity to promote peace, trust, and cooperation between North Oceania and Antarctica. Ron Jeremy has note that if Antarctica foils the latest attempt of North Oceania's effort to bring the most southern nation out of diplomatic isolation, it would be forced to resort to other methods in dealing with the arrogance of Antarctica's leaders.

thecamoninja wrote:[disputesettlement]
bouer wrote:Antarctica is also placing semi-permanent 40 person research bases on Cape Agulhas of Africa, South East Cape of Tasmania, Slope Point on New Zealand, and on Hornos Island in South America.
These bases are not land claims but are intended to increase understanding of the Southern Ocean, and to determine if any nation claims the area. Antarctica reserves the right to claim all land in a 100km radius from these bases. No military activity will take place on these bases. If another nation shows evidence of a legitimate claim over these areas Antarctica will be pleased to work together in researching the area, or immediately leave if the nation sees fit.

It seems to me that this is a bit much. Assuming that no nation challenges your claims, this has the potential to give you up to 125600 Km2 (48494.4 mi2) in territory. This seems to be to excessively expansive.

((Furthermore, on a gameplay note it seems unrealistic to me for you to open five new research bases in one year - perhaps you could begin preparation for a multi-year project that culminates in such a feat))
[/disputesettlement]

Shhh.... this gives North Oceania (as well as other nations) more reasons for opposing Antarctica. Also, please note that other nations haven't even taken a turn, took any actions, or claimed any land yet :)
Last edited by Nylonathatep on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 am UTC, edited 8 times in total.

bouer

Postby bouer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:53 am UTC

thecamoninja wrote:[disputesettlement]

[/disputesettlement]

Sorry, I've never played a game like this before.

I'm not claiming that area, the 100 kilometer radius thing was an attempt to make it more like a real political statement (eg. the USA signing the Antarctic treaty with the reservation that the might claim land later.) It's not important; I'll remove it.
Opening 5 research bases in a year doesn't seem particularly difficult to me, but I'll change it to be 1 base per year for the next 5 years, from Hornos Island going east.

bouer

Postby bouer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:25 am UTC

(double posting to not confuse with my discussion with thecamoninja)

Nylonathatep wrote:
orangedragonfire wrote:The United Internet is concerned by the North Oceania's treatment of Quebecois. Several rousing videos have been posted, inspiring blogs have been written and even some games have to made to illustrate their plight. They hold that even if all the horrible rumours currently circulating about them are true, they still deserve basic human rights, as they are still human. Currently, a large campaign called "Find the Quebecois a new home!" has been started, and is aimed to find some land where the Quebecois can live without interfering with any other nation or native group. Another large campaign is aimed at finding the cutest kitty picture.

The Great Simon Cowell, El Presidente of it's people of the Great Empiric Federation of The United Dominion of The Democratic People’s Republic of North Oceania, assign its lovely and talent diplomat, Sora Aoi to represent its nation. Her mission is to promise peace and prosperity to both nation, but especially the Republic of North Oceania.

Spoiler:

First thing of the agenda: Sora Aoi came to denounce the evils of the Quebec people. Amongst their crimes (besides those listed and bought forth to The Republic of Nordlandia), are the violation of the Geneva Convention by using biological weapons in the conquest of the Huron people in the form introducing disease to its people: measles, scarlet fever, typhoid, typhus, influenza, pertussis (whooping cough), tuberculosis, cholera, diphtheria, chickenpox as well as other shameful sexual transmitted disease such as syphilis. As such, the Government of United Internet should cease to support these international criminals, their descendent, or at least to also presents their crimes and evilness as counterargument.

Antarctica would like to remind the legitimate nations of the world that most modern nations and people consider punishing people for the actions of their ancestors extremely unethical.

Sora Aoi, as to provide assistance to the research of United Internet, reveals that the most of the populace in the Republic of North Oceania lack access to internet. Since its population needs access to vote, it would be in United Internet's interest to provide free internet to the People's Republic of North Oceania, as well as to promote Unite Internet's own namesake.

The Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania would also extend its warmest welcome and congratulation on Confederation of Madura's nationhood. North Oceania contemplate whether they should send a diplomatic envoy to Madura. Meanwhile, it does issue a statement, with concerns that human activity in Antarctica would certain accelerate the melting of Polar Ice Caps. It also warns Madura of Antarctica Republic's territorial ambition and recent activities along its borders. North Oceania reminded that wise Agamen Sulaw ak Buru, that currently his country is closest to Antarctica. As such they will be first to suffer under the Antarctica Republic's territorial ambition. Furthermore, North Oceania shares with Madura its reconnaissance report regarding Antarctica's constantly digging deeper into the ground to awake a strange, sleeping entity that may wreck havoc upon mankind.

Antarctica is very concerned about climate change and the effect it might have on the the world, including the massive instability it would bring to the continent of Antarctica and any island nations, and as such suggests that the nations of the world should join together to form an "International Panel on Climate Change." Antarctica would be happy to increase it's own efforts at understanding climate change and share all information it has gathered.
Concerned people should have their minds put to rest by the fact Antarctica has detected no harmful effects to the continent caused by Antarctica's presence on it.
Concerned nations should have their minds put to rest by the fact that although Antarctica does have expansionist policies it respects the land claims of all legitimate countries and will not intrude on them.
Antarctica is not aware of any living entities beneath the ground it is currently excavating besides interesting, and harmless, microbes.
The Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania would like to suggest that, while his country suffers from a low standard of living, its labour cost is also extremely low. It would be extremely advantageous for corporations for any nation (even The Republic of Antarctica), to move their production facilities to North Oceania. North Oceania offers incentive for investment in the form of lower tax rate as well as a productive work force with lax labour and environmental laws. Just disregard the occasional plea for help written in French that got smuggled into its products.

Antarctica is worried by the extremely low cost of labor and rumors of french pleas for help. Antarctica will not outsource any production to the region controlled by the organization known as the "Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania" and encourages other nations to choose the same.
the Republic of North Oceania would like to apply for observer status for Antarctica's International Polar Research Organization, and has announced to the rest of the nations on this earth its intent of doing so as an opportunity to promote peace, trust, and cooperation between our two nations. Ron Jeremy has note that if Antarctica foils the latest attempt of North Oceania's effort to bring the most southern nation out of diplomatic isolation, it would be forced to resort to other methods in dealing with the arrogance of Antarctica leaders.

As Antarctica is currently the only member of the IPRO it has changed policies such that applicants seeking observer status must be voted as a legitimate nation by a majority of the members of the IPRO. Antarctica has voted that the so called "Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania" is not a nation.

As a result of possible threats by the so called "Democratic People's Republic of North Oceania" Antarctica is further increasing military production of robots, at the expense of decreasing funding to Southern Ocean research bases.
Antarctica is implementing a plan to make practical and affordable algae and yeast farms, but as a result of cutbacks to fund increase in military this will be a 25 year project.

Spoiler:
I thought that as North Oceana is a parody of North Korea, the southernmost nation may as well oppose it. I hope you don't mind, Nylonathatep.

Return to “Forum Games”