Can't recover password

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Yishana

Can't recover password

Postby Yishana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm UTC

My husband asked me to register so that he can report a problem. Now I'm here, I may well post myself.

He says:

'My user name is MadLogician. I tried to log in, couldn't remember my password and used the forgot password link as instructed in the FAQ. It said it didn't know me.

I checked my username and email address from the original activation email so I'm sure they were correct. When I use the forgotten password link, it says the username and email are unknown. I then tried to re-register (also as per the FAQ) and was told that both the username and email address were already in use.

Contradiction.

How can I regain my username?

An email to my wife's registered email (username Yishana) will reach me.

Thanks for all help.'

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Can't recover password

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 pm UTC

Once you have logged in, through the User Control Panel, you can associate the account with a different e-mail address than with what you used to register. This will change the associated e-mail address. When you attempt to retrieve the password using the original e-mail, because this does not line up with the current records records, you will get the "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found." error.

The Username MadLogician is accurate. My assumption is that sometime between registering the account and the last login, the user associated the account with a different e-mail address.

Does this sound possible to either of you?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”