Can't view spoiler tags on android

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Diadem

Can't view spoiler tags on android

Postby Diadem » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:29 pm UTC

I sometimes browse these forums on my mobile phone. Since yesterday, I noticed that I do not seem to be able to open spoiler tags anymore. They change colour when clicked, as if opened, but nothing else happens.

In the past I never had any problems. I.m not quite sure when it last worked.

Has there been some change to the way the forum handles spoiler tags lately?
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Re: Can't view spoiler tags on android

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:57 pm UTC

Seems most likely to be a browser thing. I use the Dolphin Browser on my phone, and spoilers work fine for me.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Seems most likely to be a browser thing. I use the Dolphin Browser on my phone, and spoilers work fine for me.

Possibly, my phone is certainly not the latest model. But I changed nothing on my end, as far as I'm aware, and it used to work before. So logic dictates that must be due to a change on your end.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 pm UTC

Spoiler tags work fine for me. Samsung galaxy s3, ICS stock, stock browser.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Postby AvatarIII » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:20 am UTC

Diadem wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Seems most likely to be a browser thing. I use the Dolphin Browser on my phone, and spoilers work fine for me.

Possibly, my phone is certainly not the latest model. But I changed nothing on my end, as far as I'm aware, and it used to work before. So logic dictates that must be due to a change on your end.

what browser are you using? perhaps it auto-updated and the most recent update has a problem with the spoiler tag code?

Azrael
CATS. CATS ARE NICE.

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 pm UTC

Diadem wrote:Possibly, my phone is certainly not the latest model. But I changed nothing on my end, as far as I'm aware, and it used to work before. So logic dictates that must be due to a change on your end.

We've been running the current version of phpBB for a while now, and I'm not aware of any other changes that would affect that functionality.

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm UTC

Are you looking at pages with jsmath on them? Because your phone won't open a spoiler until the jsmath has finished running.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:36 pm UTC

It turns out my phone had switched off javascript. Not sure how that ended up being off, perhaps I hit the wrong button somewhere, but switching that on again solved it.

I didn't know spoilertags were javascript though.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”