"Topic disapproved" :(

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

A well groomed werewolf

"Topic disapproved" :(

Postby A well groomed werewolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 am UTC

Hi, last night I posted for the first time, in the Mathematics sub-forum, about a problem I was having difficulty solving; this morning I received an email stating that the topic had been disapproved because "the reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product." What? :shock: :( Is this because I mentioned in my post the title and ISBN of the book I'm studying? I mentioned that information in case anybody knew of any online errata for the book (I searched, but couldn't find any.)

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Re: "Topic disapproved" :(

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am UTC

A well groomed werewolf wrote:Hi, last night I posted for the first time, in the Mathematics sub-forum, about a problem I was having difficulty solving; this morning I received an email stating that the topic had been disapproved because "the reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product." What? :shock: :( Is this because I mentioned in my post the title and ISBN of the book I'm studying? I mentioned that information in case anybody knew of any online errata for the book (I searched, but couldn't find any.)

Working out what is and isn't spam is a pretty tricky thing to do, and trying to keep things spam free is important. Its very possible to make a mistake given the large amounts of spam that the boards here get. If you repost, you've got a pretty good chance of having more luck this time.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

A well groomed werewolf

Postby A well groomed werewolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am UTC

Okay, I've reposted - I didn't want to repost without first asking here lest I was accused of trying to flood :roll:

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm UTC

A well groomed werewolf wrote:Okay, I've reposted - I didn't want to repost without first asking here lest I was accused of trying to flood :roll:

Another approach you could have used is PMing the moderator for the particular area where your post was disapproved, and there's also an "upload attachment" option that you could use so that you don't have to rely on a hotlinked image, which means your post wouldn't have had a link in it. But these are just other options that you could have tried, what you've done has certainly worked out okay.

Anyway, it seems your issue is fixed now, so I'm going to lock the topic.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Return to “Site/Forum issues”