Search found 2047 matches

by 3fj
Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Bioshock Infinite
Replies: 85
Views: 21810

Re: Bioshock Infinite

I think either my lack of attention or American history is failing me here. Why is it that they hate Lincoln and celebrate Booth? Is it purely cause they're super racist?
by 3fj
Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The Worst Superpower
Replies: 142
Views: 33422

Re: The Worst Superpower

UniqueScreenname wrote:This reminds me of Cassandra, who could see the future, but was cursed with having no one ever believe her. Rather horrible.

No one believed anything she said or no one believed her when she made "predictions" of the future? Cause that seems like it has an easy workaround.
by 3fj
Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Braces (the dental kind)
Replies: 13
Views: 7967

Re: Braces (the dental kind)

Mine shredded the inside on my cheeks. Also I got them after my tongue piercing, and had to take it out; which I resented.They went on obscenely late, and I ended up jacking them in early. I was doing it because I was told I would regret it otherwise; but by the time I was 18, I realised I didn't ca...
by 3fj
Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:43 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems)
Replies: 2643
Views: 550756

Re: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems

Eseell wrote:Brutal Legend is 25% off right now on Steam. I know I'm in the minority, but I fucking loved that game on console.

If I remember right, the problem most people had with it is that they were expecting a whole different genre of game, and got (essentially) First-Person RTS.

(I loved it)
by 3fj
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

Wonder who would make best use of teleport + early homeguard boots. Essentially someone who's high kill potential, but normally difficult to get in range. Kinda funny tactic though. Hecarim the Pony Grim, fear of every pokemon gym! Charge at full speed! Thanks for the feed! I truly am a mighty stee...
by 3fj
Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: Black Mirror
Replies: 40
Views: 15703

Re: Black Mirror

The second one freaked me out a little bit. (spoilered incase no one has seen it) it was really well done and a good comment on how we treat certain people who break the law and how the media sets them up to be knocked down. The fact that they turned it into an attraction for people to watch and fi...
by 3fj
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

I'm using Taric support in my placement matches, just because I'm utterly sick of using my support abilities to give my ADC time to recover from a fuck-up only for them to start the stupidest, most out of position engage of all time. Their jungle ganking is precisely the wrong time to get that one l...
by 3fj
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

Wow. Okay, seriously, how do you lane against Master Yi? He has a strong undodgeable nuke with like a billion range, he can CS just fine even though he's melee, because he has a heal and because alpha strike makes him basically impossible to harass. I pretty much had to last hit under tower, go bac...
by 3fj
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: Community
Replies: 188
Views: 108742

Re: Community

Anyone know how much footage using the old pierce they have? He's in all but two episodes, apparently. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I've been tarred thanks to knowing that it's changed, and the trouble production history of this season or something, but something seems a little off in the episodes...
by 3fj
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)
Replies: 7497
Views: 832490

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

I am a silly idiot who doesn't check boards often enough :P
by 3fj
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Hardware problem: I love PS2 but my new TV doesn't have coax
Replies: 5
Views: 1594

Re: Hardware problem: I love PS2 but my new TV doesn't have

I think your problem has been solved? But just to add, my younger brother still has a TV with no component, and has been happily chugging through PS2 games on a SCART adapter between money for current gen releases.
by 3fj
Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Questions For The World
Replies: 2216
Views: 453186

Re: Questions For The World

My flatmate is of Ukrainian descent, and tends to get this a lot; though his problem is with his first name. When he got a job here, he was told to be formal on documents, so wanted to use his whole first name (Oleksandr). However, he prefers being called Sash*, which leads to a situation where he i...
by 3fj
Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Antichamber
Replies: 15
Views: 2923

Re: Antichamber

Strangely I'm not affected by the visuals in any way. Is it a screen thing? I'm playing on a somewhat old 19inch LCD with 5000:1 contrast. It's mostly the visuals and colour for me. To suddenly swing round and have everything change is more jarring for me than I first thought it would be from looki...
by 3fj
Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Questions For The World
Replies: 2216
Views: 453186

Re: Questions For The World

In Scotland, I've never really seen one outside of the cities. That said, in some places they're more common than others. In Dundee there's only one that I know of, whereas in Aberdeen and Edinburgh there's streets where they are present (usually alongside "Adult Book Shops" and the like.)...
by 3fj
Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

This should be added as one of the loading/gamestart messages. "Who will be the most sportsmanlike player this game?" I have not once see someone react positively to this message. This may be my British cynicism coming through, but I have the same bitter reaction that I have to cheery wai...
by 3fj
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Antichamber
Replies: 15
Views: 2923

Re: Antichamber

The rooms up until you get the first gun do seem a bit obnoxious and lacking consistency, but they function to teach you the tools to explore the unconventional world you inhabit. Sometimes perspective is important, sometimes walls are doors, and sometimes doors are walls in that they will lead you...
by 3fj
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:06 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Questions For The World
Replies: 2216
Views: 453186

Re: Questions For The World

The problem is that once it gets started, it's very hard to get it to stop. At least it wakes up the people who've fallen asleep :P Yeah, having been woken up by the next lot of people shuffling in, I can say that a loud noise or two is much appreciated. At least a prod on the way out from a classm...
by 3fj
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Questions For The World
Replies: 2216
Views: 453186

Re: Questions For The World

Angua wrote:Silence. Then we clap. Then anyone with questions goes down to the front and asks face to face, so as not to hold everyone else back with their question.

You clap? Really? We just all sort of shuffled out.
by 3fj
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:18 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: Black Mirror
Replies: 40
Views: 15703

Re: Black Mirror

I absolutely loved the first series, and the second series start on the 11th of Febuary! Can't wait. Charlie Brooker zig-zags tropes so beautifully.
by 3fj
Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Antichamber
Replies: 15
Views: 2923

Re: Antichamber

I played it for 20 minutes and had to stop because my brain hurt, though Xeno might be right enough that it was the gaudy colours that did that to me. I'll return to this in a more well-rested state, but currently I agree with Anthony Burch on this one. Rather than a game about exploring, currently ...
by 3fj
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Continuity Plan (Survival Handbook)
Replies: 22
Views: 2197

Re: Continuity Plan (Survival Handbook)

pseudoidiot wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Once this forum is done, we're migrating to Felstaff's House of Pancakes and Tacos.
Right next door to pseudoidiot's Hookers & Blow Emporium.

Affectionately called "The Morning After" and "The Night Before" by locals.
by 3fj
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

You can also turn a game around with superior warding, positioning and objective timing. A 10-15 kill deficit is not a game over by any means. It depends who has those 10-15 kills. Akali with an extra 10 kills is a bit different than sona with an extra 10. You say that, but the sheer utility of sup...
by 3fj
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

The main problem I've seen with Thresh is also one of his coolest features - namely, that all players need to know how his kit (at least the lantern) works in order for him to be effective. I've already seen a couple of people die when they were next to a perfect saviour Thresh lantern because they...
by 3fj
Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

Thresh is kind of fun, but I'm having trouble finding his niche. Without tanky gear, his initiates are useless cause all that happens is that you get ruined at the start of the team fight. Building traditional support is fine, but you have to hang way back to make your sheild-pull useful, which make...
by 3fj
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

TL:DR, no matter how well I do at my favorite role (support) I seem to lose ranked games. Mind you I consistently win normal games when I play support... but ranked games... That's the problem with playing the non-farming roles in ranked, IMO; especially at lower elo. There's very little you can do...
by 3fj
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am UTC
Forum: Comics/Graphic Novels
Topic: MS Paint Adventures thread
Replies: 687
Views: 189833

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Magnanimous wrote:
Spoiler:
Dirk is so depressed and fucked up that even becoming a Trickster couldn't cheer him up. Wow.

Spoiler:
Especially considering that given the explanation/hangover, it was basically magical sugary drugs.
by 3fj
Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

emceng wrote:queeue is fucking bullshit. It said 20k+ in the queue, then switched to say I was #1 with 1 second left. Been that was 15 minutes. Fuck.

You're either misremembering Season 1 or you weren't around for it. 40mins - 1hour to get in to the server, idle games in custom, the works!
by 3fj
Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:20 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Edit: I also think there is no reason to suspect an unreliable narrator in any of the arcs. Well that's completely disprovable. An example would be when he's on the phone to Lily's mother and you don't know what she's saying when she's talking in English. Another would be th...
by 3fj
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Edit: I also think there is no reason to suspect an unreliable narrator in any of the arcs. Well that's completely disprovable. An example would be when he's on the phone to Lily's mother and you don't know what she's saying when she's talking in English. Another would be th...
by 3fj
Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Edit: I also think there is no reason to suspect an unreliable narrator in any of the arcs. Well that's completely disprovable. An example would be when he's on the phone to Lily's mother and you don't know what she's saying when she's talking in English. Another would be th...
by 3fj
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Yeah, they have a bit of a breakdown about it and after they clean up a little they move past it. Personally, I think the story is limited by the genre."You have to get the girl in the good ending." I think the best resolution that could come out of a situation like that is that they talk...
by 3fj
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

I think we saw the same thing, just have two different interpretations of it. I don't deny that the moral of "Don't be a white knight" is great, and as a tale with a moral it's pretty well written. The odd sex scene serves a purpose, but the "Good" ending seems to tr...
by 3fj
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

That's a very strange stance on the whole thing. Essentially you're saying that it was fucked up but because they talk it through at the end it makes it all better? The ending is definitely questionable whether or not they talked it through at the end. I mean, just thinking about what happe...
by 3fj
Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:58 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Trigger. Very much interpretive, but still. Also a spoiler for the Hanako arc. The whole segment is open to interpretation. I'd call the questionableness subtext if Hisiao's internal monologue didn't state it outright ("I realize that she never said yes to what we did. She didn...
by 3fj
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Two more arcs till I'm finally done with this. I've spent almost all my free time over the last week or so playing; and it is/has been emotionally draining. Just finished Hanako's arc, so I feel I can finally contribute to this. Apologies in advanced for going all tl'dr on you. I played Hanako's end...
by 3fj
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Hanako's path (Pre-"Castling")
Spoiler:
I'm only half-way through, but if she ever tells the whole story through crayon drawing I think I might end up an emotional wreck for the rest of the story.
by 3fj
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: League of Legends
Replies: 4402
Views: 638271

Re: League of Legends

Also never go into the Dominate Dominion chat. They have cool people, but it's not moderated, so you still get some absolute assholes who just so happen to be good at the game, and whatever they say is pure fucking gold. But every so often you get a little gem, and the coolest guys come out. I had ...
by 3fj
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Cool, a Katawa Shoujo thread. I finished that VN a year ago, and the first route I got into was Emi. The fans of the vn kept saying Shizune route sucks, but I think it's more because Shizune is an unlikable bully character. The Shizune route really played well on that premise. And I'm pretty sure j...
by 3fj
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Katawa Shoujo
Replies: 32
Views: 4628

Re: Katawa Shoujo

I am entirely sure that this is like 50 shades of grey, the video game; except for the part where its incredibly well written and did it's best to avoid just about every negative stereotype in the book. You still don't want to explain yourself to people. And I'm pretty sure just about every ending I...
by 3fj
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality in general
Replies: 186
Views: 81916

Re: Oculus Rift and Virtual Reality in general

HUD elements, which work ok in monitors will effectively be dead in VR, this makes me really excited about Aliens: Colonial Marines. You make some really good points but I take issue with that. Aren't a lot of HUD elements supposed to be in front of your face as if on a helmet screen anyway? Obviou...

Go to advanced search