Search found 2564 matches

by Torvaun
Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out
Replies: 38049
Views: 2850142

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

You could look it up. Firefox stores them in cleartext.
by Torvaun
Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

I just realized that your username isn't Gopher of Porn.
by Torvaun
Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

...Yeah. I just hate "starting something I know I can't finish". Here is where I will be Stoic at you. You don't know you can't finish it. You could call her, have her say yes, and you're both happy. And then one or both of you get hit by a bus or die of a previously unknown health condit...
by Torvaun
Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 396270

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

while in the shop at school to another student "if you are bleeding forget about getting your project done, go to first aid!" What if he just scratched his finger? Would that warrant first aid? Sure, if his wound is spraying blood all over the classroom, I can see cause for concern. But I...
by Torvaun
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 396270

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Well, you can be. Like if I were to enter a bank after hours when no one was there. Or if I disregarded the rules laid down by the owner of the bank, like if I entered while wearing a gun. If a bar throws you out and tells you to stay out, entering that privately owned business has become trespassin...
by Torvaun
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Fuck you, stomach. And all your associated GI components. There's absolutely no good reason for everything I put into my body to get forcibly expelled from one end or the other.
by Torvaun
Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:09 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body
Replies: 1607
Views: 193432

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Yes, there are a massive number of exceptions. You're ruining my pithy snark.
by Torvaun
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:50 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body
Replies: 1607
Views: 193432

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

OBrien wrote:
OBrien wrote:Woo! Legit percieved-colour-changing eyes! :D
Better?
No. Didn't anyone ever teach you "i before e, except after c?"
by Torvaun
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:45 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body
Replies: 1607
Views: 193432

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

OK, lighting is actually a legit thing to cause color changes. Fluorescent doesn't have the same spectra as incandescent doesn't have the same spectra as sun doesn't have the same spectra as moon. Sometimes the differences will be large, sometimes small, but that is 100% scientifically demonstrated ...
by Torvaun
Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Which is really how it happened. ADHD started getting used as an excuse for people who didn't actually have it, and that was used to undermine the reliability of the diagnosis and especially the reliability of the self-diagnosis. Same thing happened with Asperger's. A similar thing happened with wel...
by Torvaun
Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Right, only one person is allowed to be indignant about facebook stuff, and it isn't them. :P
by Torvaun
Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

@Fossa's rant: Heh. Glad to see someone else making the exact same mistake I did. They seriously look like junk you'd find at a garage sale. Speaking of which, garage sales are a great place to find locks, though you might have to ask whoever's running the sale about them. Most people don't consider...
by Torvaun
Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out
Replies: 38049
Views: 2850142

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Teapot, he looked down upon Baldur's Gate and openly mocked it in front of me. He was clearly an un-person, with no soul . What? You're sure he wasn't mocking the Dark Alliance games for the PS2? He was actually mocking the kickass Baldur's Gate? This is unacceptable. Bring him before me, that I mi...
by Torvaun
Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:30 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 396270

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

Well, if the protesters provoked the police to violence, leading to cavalry charges, leading to a riot, it is technically a true statement. Of course, so is "The police provoked the riot."
by Torvaun
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Levi wrote:Say, capacitors don't contain any harmful chemicals, do they?

They've got electrolytes! It's what plants crave!
by Torvaun
Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:18 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Ugh. I never get good news from home. The trucking company my father works for is rapidly falling apart. His boss lost all of his tanker contracts, forcing all of the drivers, including my father, to drive flatbed. His boss is also not paying his bills on time, resulting in insufficient funds whene...
by Torvaun
Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:03 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 396270

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

I'd go to the land of ice and snow for a properly sized bonus check. I'd rather be in 40 below than 40 above (Celsius).
by Torvaun
Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:44 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What do you do if you wake up X centuries ago?
Replies: 44
Views: 5453

Re: What do you do if you wake up X centuries ago?

Depends on if I can pull off 'traveler from a distant land with secret technologies to share'. I can and have refined gunpowder from scratch, if they already have that, I've got a stack of metallurgical help that they wouldn't have for years/decades/centuries. I can make high explosives using things...
by Torvaun
Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:20 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13423
Views: 1768355

Re: Today I Learned

TIL: Sex change is a real thing? They can really stuff nerves and make a clitoris? They could actually craft a penis for trans men? Micropenis is a real term? They can even give transwomen a fully functional uterus? Why? why? This is scary AWESOME. Fixed that for you. Seriously, why would a greater...
by Torvaun
Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Well, when I was doing the computer tech thing, there was a pretty strict policy of "no job gets billed under one hour." As for the 20 vs 34 for the part itself, there's time spent finding it, shipping, and generally no less than 10% markup. And a different set of priorities, they want to ...
by Torvaun
Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Oohh double rant! It wasn't enough to destroy my long-standing reputation was it? Now you're telling everyone I ran off with thousands of dollars in donation money in my paypal. Fuck you. I had to BEG for donations to the website and even then I only had $50 in the account when you kicked me. I IMM...
by Torvaun
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:15 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Xeio wrote:
Briareos wrote:EDIT2/PPS: at least leave a laundry basket here. Then I would even empty your laundry for you.
There isn't a table around? Or, hell, the top of the dryer?

After hours of wait, I'd go with the floor, and they're lucky it isn't outside.
by Torvaun
Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

I think I'd settle for just remembering the kinematics equations.
by Torvaun
Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Taking it seriously: The zombie problem
Replies: 1713
Views: 216318

Re: Taking it seriously: The zombie problem

Animal life doesn't necessarily mean all of it. Squirrels don't get rabies, pigs don't get mange, turtles don't get HIV.
by Torvaun
Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:33 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Taking it seriously: The zombie problem
Replies: 1713
Views: 216318

Re: Taking it seriously: The zombie problem

Not sure you could get the necessary energy from burning corpses to keep the conveyors rolling. And if there wasn't a constant stream, I'm sure of it. And if the opening isn't pretty large, it'd be easy to have multiple zombies try to go through at once and jam it all up. If it -is- pretty large, th...
by Torvaun
Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:35 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Oregonaut wrote:Seriously? I'm 6'3" and I have a 36" waist. I'm a fatass, that's ridiculous.

I'm 5'8" and have a 42" waist, so fuck off. You're enough of not-a-fatass that you were in the military, and no, not everyone fits those height-weight guidelines.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13423
Views: 1768355

Re: Today I Learned

Waking. As in, ending your nocturnal coma.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Ordered fields that don't correspond to the tab order? That's just malicious.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Bet it isn't, I get people doing that when they call me at home.
by Torvaun
Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:06 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Fuck you, car. And especially the alternator that decided to die. When my dad had it happen, it ran about $500, but I'm pretty sure it's easier to find an alternator for an F150 than a 1990 Audi.
by Torvaun
Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:06 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13423
Views: 1768355

Re: Today I Learned

phlip wrote:You should name your kid "Who", to complete the Who's On First package.

It would also make playing Guess Who more confusing.
No, he should name his kid "Who" to give them the drive to earn a doctorate.
by Torvaun
Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:00 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

This reminds me of that time that I scraped off my windshield, drove to school with the heater on max, and when I got out of class at 4, I discovered that all the breathing I did on the way in had resulted in a thick coating of ice on the inside of the windshield. Which is curved such that my ice sc...
by Torvaun
Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

bentheimmigrant wrote:Sweats. That's where it's at.
Sweats don't have nearly enough pockets. On a related note, I need to get a photography vest.
by Torvaun
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:07 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Not everyone wants hugs. Some people associate hugs with abuse. If you're so impatient that you need to do everything in one post instead of asking someone if they'd like hugs, at least go with *offers hugs*. Seriously, *hugs and never lets go*? How is that supposed to be more comforting than creepy?
by Torvaun
Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Team Fortress 2
Replies: 4429
Views: 410171

Re: Team Fortress 2

Sniper has the huntsman out, you hit him with a puff of flame, like you were spychecking him.
by Torvaun
Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Holy fuck I have a midterm tomorrow. Canceling all plans for the night. I have felt both sympathy and humor at this. Been there. Rant: When someone says "I have been out of work for four/six months" I want to scream, slap them, and say "Get back to me when it's been two years." ...
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: What would you do with $10,000?
Replies: 138
Views: 15898

Re: What would you do with $10,000?

I would build myself a machine shop. I've recently figured out that metalworking with machine tools is FUCKING AWESOME. And now I want to spend approximately all my time building stuff, but I can't, because I don't have the damn shop, and the machines are too big to steal.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:42 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

My desire to click the report button for lanicita's post was nearly overwhelming. Luckily, my desire to not get banned for being a smartass/dumbass overwhelmed it.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:30 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3573249

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

I'm not trying to say you're wrong. Hearing ideas about how the people around me might not be colossal tools generally helps lower my blood pressure. It was actually an attempt to be helpful, no matter how much I appeared to be a colossal tool.
by Torvaun
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Team Fortress 2
Replies: 4429
Views: 410171

Re: Team Fortress 2

I remember killing a heavy with a blutsauger from what I assume was full health without an ambush. Good times...

Go to advanced search